Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 23, 2015 10:51 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
That's kinda creepy.

I mean the holes reminds me of a Hollow but then again, given their condition, it can't be helped. Really liked this episode for its way of showing their struggles. Pretty decent action rocking over the islands. I feel like the show's momentum really picked up this week.

Oct 23, 2015 1:15 PM

Oct 2008
750/750 Tear fully stacked
Oct 23, 2015 2:08 PM

Sep 2010
This episode made me cry...
Oct 23, 2015 2:27 PM

Mar 2008
Kanon!!!!!!!! Come back to the present!!!!!!!!!!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 23, 2015 2:40 PM
Feb 2012
This episode just completely broke me. Hopefully not many more major characters will be lost, but I'm not holding my breath, clearly no one is safe.
Oct 23, 2015 2:58 PM

Jul 2009
No, just no, this isn't happening...this isn't happening...this isn't happening...

Out of everyone to die why you Kanon?
Oct 23, 2015 3:46 PM

Apr 2014
Why did she disappear or die? Just wondering... was it a side effect or what?
Oct 23, 2015 4:27 PM
Nov 2012
Noooo Kanon pls don't disappear!!!!
Oct 23, 2015 6:57 PM

Feb 2008
alphazero4um said:
Why did she disappear or die? Just wondering... was it a side effect or what?

yeah, the more they use their powers the more they get assimilated. hers wast to fade, and she maxed out. ultimately, there may be a countermeasure but not soon enough for her.

in keeping with the motif of this anime, nearly everyone dies. the first series had far more despair than this one.
Oct 23, 2015 8:17 PM

Apr 2013
one thing you learn real quick about this anime series, is that anyone can die! Never seen an anime not givin 2 craps about killing one of the main girls... Surprised that it didnt hit high views out of japan...
Like robots? Then watch getter robot :D
Oct 23, 2015 9:03 PM

Jun 2011
They're literally killing off the outsiders.

That said, what an anti-climactic end to one of the series' badass pilots. What is she gonna be Kouyou 2.0 and pilot Dreizhen like a ghost? I know not everyone in this anime is expected to die a blaze of glory, but ugh this just left a bad taste in my mouth.
AhegyaoOct 23, 2015 9:08 PM
I wish Cowboy Bebop never existed.
Oct 23, 2015 9:19 PM

May 2010
Kanon ;__;
Of all people... Kanon ;___;

I guess one by one, everyone will end up like her...
Oct 23, 2015 9:38 PM

Jan 2008
I really liked Kanon and I so wanted her and Kazuki together. Guess it won't happen anymore, though. :( It's sad that she had to go.
Oct 23, 2015 9:56 PM
Feb 2015
That insert song at the end coupled with the "Thank you" and "Goodbye" messages and Shouko's hat completely broke me. The lyrics totally matched the scene.

Anyone know the song's title?
Oct 24, 2015 4:50 AM

Jun 2011
goalie1234 said:
That insert song at the end coupled with the "Thank you" and "Goodbye" messages and Shouko's hat completely broke me. The lyrics totally matched the scene.

Anyone know the song's title?

Ai Suru koto (literally the matter of love)
I wish Cowboy Bebop never existed.
Oct 24, 2015 7:45 AM
Jun 2011
Kanon's power kind of reminded me of Serah's power in FF13-2: if you change the future, you change the past so it will match that new future. And she was not added to those rock formations in the base yet (maybe she will be in the next ep...)
Soushi and Sakura came back after some time, so Kanon still have a chance to show again.
Oct 24, 2015 9:25 AM

Apr 2013
Abaharaki said:
Kanon's power kind of reminded me of Serah's power in FF13-2: if you change the future, you change the past so it will match that new future. And she was not added to those rock formations in the base yet (maybe she will be in the next ep...)
Soushi and Sakura came back after some time, so Kanon still have a chance to show again.

i think she is dead, because even the core of the island said that she would never forget her... sad, but she's dead...
Like robots? Then watch getter robot :D
Oct 24, 2015 9:56 AM

May 2010
Sad to see Kanon just disappear like this. I wonder who else is going to die before the series concludes, things aren't looking good for some of them. At least Kazuki and Toomi should be okay.
Oct 24, 2015 10:53 AM

Oct 2009
Kanon..... :(
Oct 24, 2015 12:30 PM

Sep 2007
Great Scott! Now my favorite character is dead. Well i thought they was too many death flags during this episode. Maybe i missed the point but that did she change finally?
Oct 24, 2015 12:50 PM

Jun 2013
shit man those holes never get old and Kanon shit
Oct 24, 2015 1:14 PM
Oct 2012
There's no way Kanon is just gone like that. C'mon guys. Someone save here.

Poor mother. She had gone through all that pain of losing her daughter and now Kanon is gone.
Oct 24, 2015 6:18 PM

Sep 2011
FUUUUUUUUUCK

This shit got me misty eyed, that last scene was absolutely beautiful and far above anything the series has done previously, the franchise has always been hindered by problems that held it back but exodus has just been phenomenal so far and with a scene like this i could really see this being a 9/10 for me

but god damn it kanon why

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Oct 24, 2015 6:33 PM

Dec 2011
Why Kanon... Why her... DAMN My favorite girl!!! GGGGGGAAAAAH!!! Now that Kanon one of the major characters from season 1 and the movie is dead... The chance for others to survive is slim.... But KAAANOOOOOON WHY?!

At least she "told" kazuki that she love him.... till the end
Oct 24, 2015 7:57 PM

Sep 2011
amc9988 said:
The chance for others to survive is slim.... But KAAANOOOOOON WHY?!
I think maya is going to be the only survivor of the expedition, on the island i feel like seri will be the only character left that will die.

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Oct 25, 2015 12:15 AM

Aug 2009
dany565 said:
Abaharaki said:

i think she is dead, because even the core of the island said that she would never forget her... sad, but she's dead...

There's still, at least in my opinion, extremely faint hope she'll survive in some capacity. The orange Fafner from one of her many future visions (or "getting lost in the future moments") has zero explanation. I expect Exodus to leave few, if any, loose ends after the 26 episode run ends so I'd still tie that Fafner directly to Canon. This means that there's still parts of her narrative left untold.

A wild guess in my mind is that she'll sortie in her Einherjar the same way Kouyo did. It would make sense at some level since Canon's names for the 3rd generation Fafner had some level of connection to their pilot while the name of her newest model refer to those who die (albeit, in battle. But please don't ruin my hope).

I'm probably grasping at straws though. I've kept Canon as one of my favourite characters for near a decade. I'd like to live in a different narrative where she isn't dead for as long as possible.
Burkeism - Our president is more truculent than yours.
Oct 25, 2015 4:33 AM

Jan 2013
Damn.... not Kanon... and the way she went too... damn it all.
Oct 25, 2015 4:47 AM

Feb 2013
This episode was SO GOOD. Kanon!!!!!!!!!!! Her character development was done quite beautifully over the span of the seasons/episodes.

In an earlier season/episode she once called Hazama Youko "okaasan" when they were at work together and she was corrected in a kind manner. This episode showing her call out "okaasan" over and over in that same environment as her suffering intensifies was brutal. Hazama Youko's gentle, caring nature stands boldly beside her immense strength as she bears witness and supports Kanon's decisions.

Watching the numbers on the scale drop again and again unto near nothing with each piloting... Kanon comes closer and closer to death. She has always been a brave character, in this episode especially we see the enormity of her courage. We also see the culmination of her gratitude and love which grew strong as she lived on the island. The note left for Hazama Youko, "Thank you." All of Kanon's life seems to flash with those words as she departs wearing Shouko's hat, walking to the café where Kazuki cooks. Seated by the window alone in the dark cafe she speaks her final words, her tears vanish with her leaving only Shouko's hat atop the table.

NOT TO MENTION EVERYONE ELSE'S SUFFERING IN THIS EP AHHHHHH. *^* All of the young pilots are experiencing strange effects to their bodies and minds as those who came before experienced. The support and kindness they show each other is inspiring.
Oct 26, 2015 6:47 PM

Jan 2014
Not my favourite character for season 1 but she's one of the best performing character in Exodus despite limited screen time.
Why she's dead arhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
You will soon learn that a heart that choose to exist, even in a life filled with pain, will one day allow us to meet again.
With the world's blessings, we will meet again and again, forever returning to the homeworld we've yet to see.
Many, many times.

Oct 26, 2015 7:39 PM

May 2012
Pretty sad. She such badass character.
I despise woke people.
Oct 26, 2015 7:45 PM

Dec 2008
My tears won't stop falling. Kanon...
Oct 27, 2015 7:28 PM
Apr 2014
Okay, so I still don't like that they keep switching focus between Tatsumiya Island and the other Mir group every other episode, but man! this episode really reminded me why this is such an underrated series.

I would say Canon's death is by far the most heartbreaking in the ewntire franchise. While the others were pretty much violent deaths in the battlefield, hers was the calmest and most somber, making it all the more heart-wrenching. What more, the others have clear enemie to "blame" while she died in what seem like futile search for something. And poor Yoko has to go through the pain of losing another daugher again *sniff*

Though, we have yet to see the significance of Canon's sacrifice, considering that Orihime mentioned several times before how important Canon's power was. Im guessing that Dreizehn's/Einharjar's true power isn't future prediction but actually being able to alter their timeline. If that's the case, this makes Dreizehn pretty much as powerful as the Sein and the Nicht. Also, I guess Canon will do something similar to what Koyo was able to do, what with her line (when talking to Orihime) of her not forgetting the island however far into the distant future she is.
Oct 30, 2015 12:04 AM

May 2013
No T___T
I'll not be able to take it when Souchi will die T___T
Nov 2, 2015 1:34 AM

Jan 2012
dang.
Nov 4, 2015 5:21 AM

Sep 2011
JIJI1993 said:
No T___T
I'll not be able to take it when Souchi will die T___T
I really am wondering how he is going to die, guy has uber amounts of plot armor.

I'm just hoping that maya and kazuki make it out alive in the end but im fully aware that kazuki has a borderline 0% chance of surviving this time after the assimilation phenomenon took so much a toll on his body across the past few series

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Nov 7, 2015 5:51 AM

Jun 2013
They don't actually show the reason why Kanon disappears. I still think she will return.
Nov 8, 2015 3:42 PM

Sep 2011
ryanstrike said:
They don't actually show the reason why Kanon disappears. I still think she will return.
Not sure how you missed that but she faded cause it was a side effect of the assimilation phenomenon that led to the other pilots all getting their different conditions. Kanon is deader than dead.

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Jan 1, 2016 4:42 AM
Nov 2013
The BGM during Kanon/ Matsuri scene ... is *exactly* the same track from Dennou Coil OST, CD1 track 19 - "Yuujou". It was played only once in the series, in the finale.

I'm aware that it's from the same composer, but I don't remember one re-using an exact music track from one title (Dennou Coil) in another unrelated title (Fafner Exodus).

Unless this Fafner episode happen to have the same director as that Dennou Coil final episode. Then there could be deeper meaning to the nature of the matsuri scene. Or Tsuneyoshi-san is just being lazy here :D
Jan 2, 2016 3:09 AM
Jan 2016
LGrey said:
The BGM during Kanon/ Matsuri scene ... is *exactly* the same track from Dennou Coil OST, CD1 track 19 - &quot;Yuujou&quot;. It was played only once in the series, in the finale.<br />
<br />
I&#039;m aware that it&#039;s from the same composer, but I don&#039;t remember one re-using an exact music track from one title (Dennou Coil) in another unrelated title (Fafner Exodus).<br />
<br />
Unless this Fafner episode happen to have the same director as that Dennou Coil final episode. Then there could be deeper meaning to the nature of the matsuri scene. Or Tsuneyoshi-san is just being lazy here :D

Titled Mirai - Kako (未来ー過去), it was originally from Soukyuu no Fafner NOW HERE BGM & Drama Album II. You can check it later.
Jan 3, 2016 1:07 AM
Nov 2013
fadli_twits said:

Titled Mirai - Kako (未来ー過去), it was originally from Soukyuu no Fafner NOW HERE BGM & Drama Album II. You can check it later.

Yep, you're correct. So it was the other way around (2005's Mirai Kako re-labeled as 2007's Yuujou). This is hilarious. XD
Jan 3, 2016 6:45 AM

Sep 2013
Fuck, that was a beautiful yet sad ending. Canon was one of my favorite characters too. Sad to see her go (I suppose that'll be the end of her), but at least she got a worthy ending
cupcJan 3, 2016 7:12 AM
Dec 26, 2016 12:27 AM

Dec 2012
Kanon continues to future fight.

Holy crap at that 2nd hole in Reo.

There's a future for December 19 now.

Finally, the parents got over their shit.

A future with only Kazuki and Kanon? I don't object.

Damn blinds getting in the way of Kanon's body.

DAT ENDING! My eyes! My eyes! I didn't think Kanon would die this way. Why? Why must you kill off another OG? AAAAAAAAAH!

RIP Kanon. *sheds tear*
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Jun 28, 2019 1:42 PM

Feb 2017
No no no no no no...It can't be like this...Just not Kanon... God, why do you do this?

More topics from this board

Poll: » Soukyuu no Fafner: Dead Aggressor - Exodus 2nd Season Episode 13 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 25, 2015

33 by DmonHiro »»
May 5, 2021 3:49 PM

Poll: » Soukyuu no Fafner: Dead Aggressor - Exodus 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 18, 2015

11 by Rob »»
Dec 27, 2016 3:28 AM

Poll: » Soukyuu no Fafner: Dead Aggressor - Exodus 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 11, 2015

16 by Rob »»
Dec 27, 2016 2:45 AM

Poll: » Soukyuu no Fafner: Dead Aggressor - Exodus 2nd Season Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 4, 2015

15 by Rob »»
Dec 27, 2016 2:07 AM

Poll: » Soukyuu no Fafner: Dead Aggressor - Exodus 2nd Season Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 27, 2015

14 by Rob »»
Dec 27, 2016 1:29 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.