Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Nov 28, 2009 1:46 PM

Nov 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Nov 28, 2009 2:05 PM

Sep 2009
This arc is my favorite arc in all of Inuyasha. That being said, I just didn't find the anime adaption of this arc to live up to the standards of the manga. I've been disappointed by pretty much all of Inuyasha Kanketsu-hen compared to the manga. I liked this episode, but there were things i found lacking. I didn't really like Sesshomaru's mother's voice, nor did I like the animation in parts.

(spoiler for people who haven't read the manga)
Nov 28, 2009 6:58 PM

Jun 2008
the ep title "Sesshoumaru in the Underworld" reminds me of "Orpheus in the Underworld" XD

I love Sesshoumaru's Mom, esp the fake crying, and her interaction with Jaken XDD I wonder, what is Rin to Sesshoumaru... I'm kinda thinking he thinks she's like his pet or something... I'm surprised he's so nice to Kokahu though.... his mom is right, he is more like his dad than he thinks..

@cynthia
Nov 28, 2009 9:22 PM

Sep 2008
Best. Episode. Ever.

I knew in an instant that I would love Sesshomaru's mother, having that queen-like demeanor, but also feigning compassion. I now know why Sesshomaru is far superior. I love the tone of her voice too. <3

How dare they kill off Mamiko Noto... again though. I'm just glad she was able to come back by beautiful hands.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 28, 2009 11:40 PM

Nov 2008
This is one of my favorite parts from the manga and I'm glad it was animated. But there are a few differences in the animation and I felt that that in the manga this part was more dramatic. Also Sess reactions were more fearful.

I felt that it lacked that dramatic feeling from the it is the best episode so and I think that it will be one of the best.

Sess mom was great. But I didn't like her voice that much, hopefully in the English dub it would be more deserving of her.
Nov 28, 2009 11:58 PM
(Gamer)

Aug 2009
Now it's obvious Sesshomaru likes Rin.

Nov 29, 2009 12:39 AM

Oct 2009
i love how sesshoumaru does care about rin. i dint like his mom's voice much either. actually, i was waiting for this arc to be animated the most. i really couldnt care less about inuyasha and kikyo...blah blah XD
they could have done a better job, i remember i was pretty much in tears while reading the manga, but it isnt bad. definetly one of the best episodes. i think i watch this show for sesshoumaru more than anything else o.O
Nov 29, 2009 5:10 AM
Oct 2008
Sesshomaru's mom was just cute.
Nov 29, 2009 6:39 AM

Jun 2008
Sesshy rocks! i loved his scene with Rin:D but still i think i like the manga version a little more. And well, yes, he was very nice to Kohaku, obviously because he knows that Kohaku and Rin are friends. Jaken crying for Rin was just hilariousXD

ワンダーランド花 ♥

Nov 29, 2009 8:55 AM

Mar 2009
madsin92 said:
definetly one of the best episodes. i think i watch this show for sesshoumaru more than anything else o.O

Same here!

This was the best episode so far. Im so glad Rin didn't die.
Nov 29, 2009 9:45 AM

Sep 2009
Sesshoumaru can't be god, so that means his mother is a god...since Rin was brought back for the second time.
Nov 29, 2009 12:25 PM

Nov 2008
bansza said:
Sesshoumaru can't be god, so that means his mother is a god...since Rin was brought back for the second time.

Well, I don't think that she is a god. But I think that since Sesshoumaru's father knew that he would come to see his mother in order to learn more about his sword, that maybe he would bring a human girl. His mother was given that Medou Seki to help him train his sword. His father knew what was going to happen and maybe he left that thing to bring Rin back to life to make Sess happy. That is why his mother said she would not do it again. maybe because it can only be used once.

What I wanted to know is how her mother felt about his father and Inuyasha's mother.
Nov 29, 2009 3:28 PM

Aug 2009
Not exactly up to my standards, but still, this is my favorite Inuyasha arc. I still love it anyway (a total fan's biased opinion aka turning a blind eye lol)

Yes Sesshy's hahaue finally animated!!!!! Well, hopefully the series gets better!

Nov 29, 2009 5:39 PM

Feb 2009
You know what I'm starting to figure out? Inuyasha and Sesshomaru are very passionate about their women. xP

Nov 29, 2009 7:16 PM

Aug 2009
Orulyon said:
Sesshy rocks! i loved his scene with Rin:D but still i think i like the manga version a little more. And well, yes, he was very nice to Kohaku, obviously because he knows that Kohaku and Rin are friends. Jaken crying for Rin was just hilariousXD

agreed. manga version is more emotional, especially when Sess saw rin was revived, oooooo, i luv that part XD

Nov 29, 2009 7:17 PM

Sep 2009
DarcyD said:
You know what I'm starting to figure out? Inuyasha and Sesshomaru are very passionate about their women. xP

LOL
Nov 29, 2009 7:46 PM

Mar 2008
Well I liked the episode. They could have made Rin coming back a bit more dramatic with some music. I mean comparing it to Kikyou's passing last episode. Music is one of the tools anime has and they really should have tapped into that here.

Still a great episode. Loved the emotion that was put into Sesshomaru for the line "Nothing could ever be worth the cost of Rin's life!" He definitely would have abandoned the sword if it powering up was at the cost of Rin's life. Just shows the change that has occurred in Sesshomaru during the series. Someone who wanted to be stronger no matter what not caring about power if it meant losing Rin.

I can't really compare it to the manga since I think some things can't have the same impact twice. It can be close but not exactly the same.

But wow no doubt that was Sesshomaru's mother. Guess we know where he gets some things from :).
Nov 29, 2009 10:07 PM
Oct 2008
It was a great episode, we got to learn alittle more about the Tensaga along with its limits.The episode revealed alittle about Sesshomeru's mother, I liked her personality and I think she's hot xD However I don't really understand why Kohaku can't be revived by Tensaga since he didn't get revived by it before
Nov 29, 2009 10:47 PM

Mar 2008
Lelouch101 said:
It was a great episode, we got to learn alittle more about the Tensaga along with its limits.The episode revealed alittle about Sesshomeru's mother, I liked her personality and I think she's hot xD However I don't really understand why Kohaku can't be revived by Tensaga since he didn't get revived by it before

I guess it's because he's already been revived in a way. Tenseiga didn't do it, but he has been resurrected. Maybe without the shard his body will just fall apart leaving nothing for Tenseiga to do? Not really sure since I think it should still work on him, but Sesshomaru's mother clearly knows more about Tenseiga than I do.

I swear someone should have given an instruction manual out with that sword. The fact it can only save someone once might be considered critical information.
Nov 30, 2009 9:05 AM

Sep 2009
Yay! good ep! :D
TIME TO LIVE FOREVER BABY!

http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=19549
Please join if you love Asian Cinema :)
Nov 30, 2009 10:49 AM

Aug 2008
Only good episode thus far and, surprise, it deals with the only developed character in the entire show. I'm glad I wasn't off base in liking Sesshomaru. His mother made me laugh.
Nov 30, 2009 5:47 PM

Oct 2007
Such an interesting mother, isn't she?

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
Nov 30, 2009 7:22 PM

Nov 2008
reasons why i liked this ep(in order of appearance)
1.uber sad inu(he misses kikyo T_T)
2.bye-bye to koga the weakling
3.hot sess mom
4.sesshomaru reavealing his emotions
5.info about tenseiga
6.happy sesshomaru O_O
7. kikyo in the preview :3

only manga readers read the spoiler, i think a dialog was missing
Dec 3, 2009 6:32 PM

Aug 2008
Every anime Chapter have got less manga chapters (only 7)... xD

And flower scent will be an all-around episode?

And... i love the present episode end. Kagome is the new group leader. Very good chapter. Every time it feels less rushing (personal opinion).
Dec 4, 2009 2:35 PM

Aug 2008
I need to read the manga!
I did not know Sesshomaru and Rin had a connection so strong!
Dec 6, 2009 12:04 AM

Jun 2007
This episode totally lacked the emotional part that was so strong in the manga chapter. I was squealing the whole chapter this only cracked a smile. u__u hmmm

Oh well Sessh/Rin either way yay!

Dec 6, 2009 10:07 AM

Sep 2008
They did a good job animating this arc, but obviously the feelings were more strongly conveyed in the manga, which had me crying when I thought Rin was really dead... It was still an amazing episode though!

I really like Sesshoumaru's Mom's character design. :D (Actually they both have great character designs...) I want to know what she thought of her hubby and Inuyasha's mom getting together too. From what I saw, she only mentioned her husband's supposed compassion for humans with an air of... dry wit, I guess.
Dec 11, 2009 9:48 PM

Nov 2009
Pft. Sesshomaru is still a jerk.
Dec 12, 2009 12:03 PM

Jun 2008
OH MY GODDDDDDDDDDDDD, FAVORITE EPISODE EVERRRRR.

I loved this chapter so much, and I was so freaking excited to see Sesshomaru's mother animated and what not, she turned out to be just as lovely and amazing. And of course the moments that showed Sesshomaru having the idea of living without Rin were precious, I love them<3 he's a perfect fatherrrr~

Anyway sad to see Kouga go, but I'm excited for more because it seems the pacing has slowed down and hopefully for the remainder of the show!:D
Dec 21, 2009 11:55 AM

Aug 2009
The best episode thus far!
I haven't red the manga so I was kinda sad when I thought that Rin died. So in the end I was relieved just like Sesshomaru-sama. xD
And Sesshy was incredibly cute <3

Everyone says, that the mother's voice doesn't fit her, but I don't know why. I think it's okay. (And she's cool and look good as well. ^^)
Cheshiree_CatDec 25, 2009 5:41 AM
"Yume nara sameta dakedo bokura wa mada nani mo shiteinai susumu"

Dec 29, 2009 10:29 PM

Aug 2008
BurningEyedShana said:

That goes to show that all lolcions are demons after all. ;P
Jan 6, 2010 5:27 PM
Dec 2009
this espiode really shows the other side of sesshomaru..I liked it.
Feb 10, 2010 6:39 PM

Feb 2009
So Sess' mom still around, I see where he takes his good look and character from.

They really rush this part real fast than again there were so many s
BurningEyedShana said:
oh really only now you are saying such a thing its been obvious since the first time they met.

I agree they could have done a better job with that episode but still I like it better this than nothing.

For someone who only care for power Sesshoumarou was ready to throw away all for that one little girl. How much does he love Rin? I guess she's the only one who was nice to him, contrary from his half-brother that hate him, Jaken that followed him just to gain power, his mother who seems to don't give a fuck, and finally his father who is so cruel to him and you'll find about that soon enough.

Anyway I think if tetsaiga could same someone more than once, why do I have the feeling Sesshoumaru wouldn't let Rin die EVER?!

Now one more people in Sesshoumaru's group and all of them are short!
May 17, 2010 12:19 PM

Aug 2007
Wow, been waiting to see this part with Sesshoumaru animated and it was a little disappointing... I definitely felt like Rin would die in the manga, but here it wasn't as urgent. Like another commenter said, Sesshoumaru wasn't as expressive in the anime. On the bright side, Sesshoumaru's mother looked and sounded lovely~

Right, I'm done complaining!
Jun 4, 2010 11:57 AM

Jul 2007
noteDhero said:
Only good episode thus far and, surprise, it deals with the only developed character in the entire show. I'm glad I wasn't off base in liking Sesshomaru. His mother made me laugh.

Completely agree with you there.
Jul 20, 2010 12:43 PM

Jul 2007
waaa, i thought rin was going to die i was so sad!! sesshoumaru i love you, you have to show your feelings once in a while like inuyasha T-T.
i imagine a future with rin and sesshoumaru together kyaaa, like his mother said he's like his father, and he was with a human, inuyasha's mother hehe.
fortunately no one died, loved this episode ^^.
Aug 12, 2010 10:23 AM

Dec 2008
BEST SESSHOMARU EPISODEEEE <33

I'm SO glas Sesshomaru is at least showing more of his feelings! Aww :D :D & I'm glad Rin ended up okay

& &
Aug 14, 2010 12:38 PM
Jun 2010
I liked this episode. Sesshomaru's mother kinda reminds me of myself (though I'm not sure if that's a good thing, lol)

i'm glad sesshomaru has almost mastered meido zengetsu (sp?) and that kohaku can travel with sesshomaru, but i'm just a little mad, because he wasn't able to almost master it when kagura died (lol, i'm a fan of that pairing)

anyway, stupid question, they probably already answered this, but i must've forgotten ^_^' : What about the shard kagome and inuyasha had at the end of the first series, what happened to that?

again, they probably already answered that question, but i forgot. please forgive my horrible memory and answer my question, lol
Oct 31, 2010 9:59 AM

Dec 2008
Sesshomaru's mother is a bit of a bitch. That definitely explains his charming personality.
Glad to see that he's not a robot and is capable of compassion and love. Would have never thought that Sesshomaru would be into lolis!
Jakken is a waste...he should have been the one that died. However, I do like the way that Jakken expresses Sesshomaru's emotions, because he won't do that himself.
Apr 1, 2013 3:56 PM

Sep 2010
Sesshomaru's mother explains a lot of things about him...
It was very moving to see Sesshomaru so moved by Rin's apparent death.
"If you can eliminate all the other choices, the remaining choice, no matter how improbable, it is the answer."- Sherlock Holmes
Aug 3, 2013 6:15 PM

Oct 2011
Nice episode!
Aug 3, 2013 6:48 PM

Jan 2013
Sesshomaru has feelings! Who would have thought? xD
Mar 7, 2014 4:47 PM

Apr 2013
I love episodes Sesshomaru and Rin.
Apr 29, 2014 5:03 AM
Mar 2013
Sesshomaru was surprisingly vocal about his feelings towards Rin's death. It was very interesting to see Sesshomaru's mother.

I just assumed that she died like his father but nope she's alive and well. I can see she has a bit of a snarky attitude and cold exterior appearance but warm interior. She really is Sesshomaru's mother ^^
Apr 21, 2015 10:16 PM

Nov 2014
At the beginning of the episode InuYasha was so sad that he didn't even feel like coming up with a comeback for Kouga...Poor InuYasha =(

I love Sesshomaru so much T_T He has had so much character development since the beginning of the series to now.

I'm glad Rin was saved! I would have missed her. She's adorable.

Sesshomaru looks just like his mom! I had been wondering if we would ever see her.
Apr 21, 2015 10:25 PM

Nov 2014
Hannah_Ana said:
Sesshomaru's mother is a bit of a bitch. That definitely explains his charming personality.
Glad to see that he's not a robot and is capable of compassion and love. Would have never thought that Sesshomaru would be into lolis!
Jakken is a waste...he should have been the one that died. However, I do like the way that Jakken expresses Sesshomaru's emotions, because he won't do that himself.

Lol I never thought of Rin as a loli xD
And I think that's most of the reason why Jaken is there. To voice the things that Sesshomaru won't say since it's against his nature and would be out of character of him. Also, he's the one to explain some of the things that happen and ask/answer questions that the viewers have. Like if Sesshomaru is doing something that doesn't make sense to the audience, then Jaken is the one to ask him what's going on, and then the viewers will have the answer too. Yes Rin could do the same thing, but at times when she's unconscious or not around for whatever reason, then Jaken is still there. I don't think Jaken is useless, and he's good comic relief to me anyway.
Jul 21, 2015 3:19 PM

Jul 2011
I was sad only when Jaken said he was crying/thanking on Sessy's behalf. Seriously, that's how lacking in emotion this episode was for me. There was no OST or anything... A huge shame considering I really love Sesshomaru's development in regards to Rin. I'm going to go read the manga for this arc to see...

EDIT: Actually, scene-for-scene wise it's about the same. However, the manga had more atmosphere and the anime would have done great adding Sesshomaru's angry surprise face at Tensaiga and some OST. Felt like a... copy-paste job. :/
(The original anime would have did it better. :>)

Also, Kouga is finally gone! He's been useless and even got a useless power up... about time he's been taken out of the fight. :P
MirorinJul 21, 2015 3:42 PM
Sep 21, 2015 8:51 PM

Dec 2009
Definitely the best episode so far.
Oct 21, 2015 12:48 AM
Apr 2015
The final act just keeps getting better, it seems all the questions that have been on our minds are getting answered now.
(⇀‿‿↼) ( ͠°‿‿ °) ( ͡°‿‿ ͡°) (⍜‿‿⍜) (๏‿‿๏) (■‿‿■) ( ͡⎚‿‿ ͡⎚) (◕‿‿◕) (x‿‿x) (ᵔ‿‿ᵔ) ( ̄‿‿ ̄) (⪩‿‿⪨)
Dec 22, 2015 9:22 AM
Jul 2018
WOLF_BL7E said:
The final act just keeps getting better, it seems all the questions that have been on our minds are getting answered now.

Indeed, Final Act is revealing mostly the underlying emotions inside the characters' hearts (namely Kagome, InuYasha, and now Sesshomaru).

I truly enjoyed this episode. Sesshomaru no doubt mourned for Rin, which is incredible considering his cold attitude in the debut episode in the original anime. The growth in both InuYasha and Sesshomaru as far as compassion certainly shows that they're brothers!

I was expecting a bit more from Sesshomaru, but a "It's okay, Rin. I'm here," is the closest thing you'll get to Sesshomaru being relieved.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » InuYasha: Kanketsu-hen Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Chimasternmay - Nov 21, 2009

129 by Puncheon »»
Jun 3, 9:06 PM

» Subtitles with honorifics?

Puncheon - May 26

2 by Notshane »»
May 27, 8:05 PM

Poll: » InuYasha: Kanketsu-hen Episode 23 Discussion

ClementIV - Mar 8, 2010

40 by prozyne »»
Apr 18, 4:15 AM

Poll: » InuYasha: Kanketsu-hen Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

ClementIV - Oct 10, 2009

96 by prozyne »»
Mar 25, 5:30 AM

Poll: » InuYasha: Kanketsu-hen Episode 11 Discussion

tsubasalover - Dec 12, 2009

41 by GakutoDeathGlare »»
Jan 3, 3:25 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.