Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 2, 2013 5:01 AM

Dec 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
After a quick rewatch of episode 14 (it's been far too long since that aired), it's on to number 15, or the 3rd of the specials.

A quick display of the abilities of all four players in the first half of the match, and it's on to the second half, in the next and final episode.

I love Yuu's reaction to Shizu getting fired up at the start.

The basics of Awai's ability kicks in before the game even starts, with everyone else blocked from getting a starting hand less than 5 tiles from tenpai - until Shindouji's double team effect kicks in, at any rate. Because their friendship overpowers all else, Awai's power has no impact on their hands after a key is used, and Himeko is able to claim her wins.

Ryuuka's thighs have the ability to store essence of Toki in them, but only a limited amount. But Toki can only predict the future, not change it, and even she is unable to overcome the Mairu/Himeko combo.

Awai unleashes her full powers, with double-riichi followed up by a kan. The kan dora sends the hand into a haneman, and Awai prepares to copy Teru with the endless dealer repeats, sending yet another double riichi out. But then things break down. Shizu takes the hand, and Awai is thoroughly unsettled by the Achiga girl who she didn't even bother to learn the name of.

Harue really is good at collecting data about their opponents.

The next episode airs on the 25th May.
kuuderes_shadowApr 2, 2013 5:10 AM
There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.
Apr 2, 2013 6:30 AM
Oct 2007
Ryuuka could hold a lot more of Toki's power between her thighs lol
Apr 2, 2013 7:22 AM

Feb 2008
Shizuno is a monster that's her magical playstyle I was looking forward for. :)

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Apr 2, 2013 8:45 AM

Sep 2010
25th May.
A day, when Shizu will destroy Awai's kan-ura-dora.
2e16nig.png
Apr 2, 2013 9:19 AM

Oct 2012
My long awaited Achiga-hen Special has finally come out! >.<

Awai's as cocky as ever but she's still Kawai :) Can't wait to see Shizu in action!

Apr 2, 2013 9:33 AM

Sep 2008
oh, i ee, that little fire in her eyes means something along the lines that she develops a lot during a mach maybe to a saki level
i need MOAR! may 25th?...why do they make me suffer?, and when do i get to see saki 2?

Blackbird said:
Shizuno is a monster that's her magical playstyle I was looking forward for. :)

there was a time when i tougth there was no magic in this anime....untill like episode 3 of the original saki.
stealth girls
moonligth powered girls
future watching girls
tornado handed girls
girls with magical tights (this one is so stupid/fun that it deserves a price XD)
Being a fan is like having a penis. Its nice to be proud of it But don't pull it out in public and wave it in other's faces

Kyurem Black. Kyurem White. Together they are Pretty Kyurem.
Apr 2, 2013 9:39 AM

Apr 2013
How many special episodes are there actually?
I'm planning on watching the match until the end in one sitting.
Apr 2, 2013 10:00 AM
Jun 2011
FlamingYu said:
How many special episodes are there actually?
I'm planning on watching the match until the end in one sitting.

One more, which comes out on the 25th May
Apr 2, 2013 10:06 AM

Dec 2011
Zero_r2 said:
and when do i get to see saki 2?

Spring next year. So a year's time, give or take a few days.
There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.
Apr 2, 2013 10:52 AM

Apr 2010
kuuderes_shadow said:
Zero_r2 said:

Didn't the mangaka mention she was having another hiatus during chapter 20 of the manga?

I loved Awai this episode she stood out even better then she did in the manga.
Shizu's move was just as surprising as in the manga and can't wait to see the next episode it will be very nice.
Apr 2, 2013 11:05 AM

Dec 2011
Aversa said:
kuuderes_shadow said:
Zero_r2 said:

Didn't the mangaka mention she was having another hiatus during chapter 20 of the manga?

Achiga-hen's manga is over. The main series is on 108 and is coming to an end of a short injury-induced hiatus.
Apr 2, 2013 11:09 AM

Sep 2012
The nightmare is awakening. I can't wait to see Shizu showing us her power.
Apr 2, 2013 2:41 PM
Sep 2011
Great episode!
Apr 2, 2013 2:45 PM

Jan 2008
Bout time the 'main characters' (at least one of them) were actually interesting.
Apr 2, 2013 3:19 PM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
Been so long since the last episode I had trouble remembering the names and got behind keeping my score cards current. ;)
Apr 2, 2013 5:39 PM

May 2008
So Ryuuka doesnt have any special ability :(. I was hoping to see her go crazy haha. Looks like everyone is pretty close woohoo , Saki makes another appearance , where is Nodoka though.

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Apr 2, 2013 6:07 PM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
greenmush said:
So Ryuuka doesnt have any special ability :(.
Sure she does. She's Toki's Happy Place. ;)
Apr 2, 2013 6:49 PM

Oct 2012
kuuderes_shadow said:
Aversa said:
kuuderes_shadow said:
Zero_r2 said:

Achiga-hen's manga is over. The main series is on 108 and is coming to an end of a short injury-induced hiatus.

Although there will be another spin off! :)

Apr 2, 2013 8:21 PM

Dec 2011
Ryuuka suddenly developing a special ability was a biiit abrupt, but over all a good episode. So many chills!

For more impresssions & yadda yadda, see my full post here: http://randomc.net/2013/04/02/saki-achiga-hen-episode-of-side-a-15/
Stilts
Writer
http://randomc.net/
Apr 2, 2013 9:02 PM

May 2012
I really want the last episode of this, ASAP. Unfortunately, the world is not a wish-granting factory (see: second season of Amatsuki) and I'm going to have to wait for a whole month for the last episode. I enjoyed this a lot, and will eagerly await the finish of this series as well as the next series of Saki.
Apr 2, 2013 10:41 PM

Nov 2011
Ksa said:
25th May.

Oh, I am looking forward to this. No joke.
Apr 2, 2013 11:49 PM

Sep 2012
Ryuuka's special ability is so cute! Can see chibi Toki flying around xD Shizuno and Ako exchanging outfit is just weird :/

I guess it's still everybody's game. Awai's and Himeko's ability is pretty scary. The "14" key has yet to arrive... What does Shizuno have anyway? How did she counter Awai's double-riichi? @@

Need to wait one year for the National final T.T
Apr 3, 2013 12:16 AM

Jan 2012
the power of LAP PILLOWS! I don't like this waiting a long time for the next episode. It ruins the continuity.
My Guitar Covers:
Playlist

I CAN ALWAYS SHOW MY EVERYTHING TO YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUU
Apr 3, 2013 1:30 AM

Dec 2008
...completely leaving Sachiga alone for over a year or so, isn't the ending for this episode a throw-back to the ending of episode eight or so, where Shizuno's mirroring Teru's actions at the end of an earlier episode?

...if so, mad hype. Especially if Koromo hasn't been able to completely manhandle Shizuno.

Everything's been really exciting so far, Achiga's definitely been stepping it up so I can't wait for the next episode. <3
Will I fall in love someday? I wonder?

Apr 3, 2013 4:24 AM

Feb 2008
I wanna see Awai surprising face when she see that. :)

Stark700 said:
Ksa said:
25th May.

Oh, I am looking forward to this. No joke.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Apr 3, 2013 4:28 AM

Feb 2008
This anime show how amazing Mahjong is but in reality it's nothing like this. :)

Shizuno ability it's not just to Negotiable opponents ability, it's actually quite strong.

Manga spoiler:

Mod Edit: Please do not discuss things beyond this episode and if you need to say something that only happens in the manga then use spoiler tags.
LunaApr 4, 2013 6:56 AM

Apr 3, 2013 5:37 AM

May 2010
Nice Ryuka has the same ability to see the future from Toki
Apr 3, 2013 5:39 AM

Feb 2007
There's always going to be a canceler...
Apr 3, 2013 5:46 AM

Jan 2008
MyAmy said:

She absorbed some of Toki's powers... thought her thighs.
Apr 3, 2013 6:46 AM

Mar 2010
Wonderful episode. Looking forward to the last on 25th May.

People, please refrain from posting spoilers from the manga here, this is the anime discussion board.
To say anything about the manga please use the spoiler box feature. Thanks.
Apr 3, 2013 9:47 AM

Dec 2008
Though I know how this is going to end since I've read the manga, I just LOVE watching this series animated. All dem crazy scenes!

Also, all dat TokixRyuuka.
Can't wait for Saki S2.
Apr 3, 2013 12:36 PM

Jul 2008
Asrialys said:

This is a bit more complicated than that though.

Paul said:
MyAmy said:

She doesn't have the same ability as Toki.

Toki can see what everyone will discard in the next hand which allow her to use it to her advantage and ron a tile she need or to never fall into anyone's wait.
Ryuka cannot see anything her opponent do but only the final outcome of her hand. She know which tile she need to discard but that's all she can do.
Apr 4, 2013 3:42 PM

Jul 2011
Man i had already forgotten what has happened so far, why are these episodes so far apart! :/

Oh well, as always loved it. Saki only appeared for a brief moment.

Wow those 4 last players are really strong. But compared to Saki, not so much. I still enjoy this spinoff series though.

Well one more ep in less than 2 months and then we'll have to wait a whole year for Saki's 2nd season. :/
Apr 4, 2013 3:46 PM

Jan 2008
Scheherazade1007 said:
Asrialys said:

Paul said:
MyAmy said:

Toki can see what everyone will discard in the next hand which allow her to use it to her advantage and ron a tile she need or to never fall into anyone's wait.
Ryuka cannot see anything her opponent do but only the final outcome of her hand. She know which tile she need to discard but that's all she can do.

You can't say her ability isn't Toki's though, it's not like she could see future hands originally without Toki's help. Just because the end result is slightly different, the power is still indeed Toki's.
Apr 4, 2013 3:52 PM

Jul 2008
Paul said:
Scheherazade1007 said:
Asrialys said:

Paul said:
MyAmy said:

You can't say her ability isn't Toki's though, it's not like she could see future hands originally without Toki's help. Just because the end result is slightly different, the power is still indeed Toki's.

See it however you like. The source of the power is the same but the abilities are different.
Apr 4, 2013 4:29 PM

Jan 2008
Scheherazade1007 said:
Paul said:
Scheherazade1007 said:
Asrialys said:

Paul said:
MyAmy said:

See it however you like. The source of the power is the same but the abilities are different.

Which is basically what I said.
Apr 4, 2013 6:59 PM

Jul 2008
Paul said:
Scheherazade1007 said:
Paul said:
Scheherazade1007 said:
Asrialys said:

Paul said:
MyAmy said:

Which is basically what I said.

Well that may have been a bit confusing but I wasn't even answering to you. I agree I could have removed you from the quote but oh well /lazy.
I was answering to MyAmy who stated that they had the same ability.
You simply came and retold what I stated in your words.
Apr 5, 2013 12:08 PM

Jun 2010
Chibi Toki flying around. XD

I can't wait for the last episode. WHICH TWO TEAMS WILL MAKE OUT ALIVE?!

Apr 13, 2013 5:07 AM
Dec 2011
13man18 said:
WHICH TWO TEAMS WILL MAKE OUT ALIVE?!

You mean which team right? I mean Shiraitodai is basically guaranteed a pass unless they want to completely screw up original Saki so 1 spot between the remaining 3.
Apr 15, 2013 2:47 PM
Jun 2011
supermuddy said:
13man18 said:

You mean which team right? I mean Shiraitodai is basically guaranteed a pass unless they want to completely screw up original Saki so 1 spot between the remaining 3.

No it is 2 teams, the tournament set up the Saki manga is using, is the 1st and 2nd team proceed to the finals
Apr 15, 2013 3:18 PM

Jul 2008
Gamer40000 said:
supermuddy said:
13man18 said:

No it is 2 teams, the tournament set up the Saki manga is using, is the 1st and 2nd team proceed to the finals

Yes but Shiraitodai is already confirmed for being in the final so there's only one other team out of the three remaining that will reach the final.
Also wouldn't if feel stupid for a manga about hopes and dreams if the main characters don't achieve their goal of playing Nodoka in the final?
Apr 23, 2014 6:43 PM

May 2012
Another pretty nice episode! Let's see what will happen in the last episode of these specials.
Aug 14, 2016 2:32 AM

Feb 2013
A GHOST TOKI APPEARS!

That was kinda weird.
Jul 25, 2017 6:48 AM

Jul 2015
Her thighs absorb Toki's power, this is awesome.

I love the Himeko-Mairu duo, their combined power is awesome.

I feel bad for Teru, I'm pretty much 100% sure that they will win anyways and get to the finals, but fuck, they threw the lead so hard q_q
Aug 30, 2021 6:59 AM

Feb 2020
Good job, Shizuno!

Ryuuki's thighs can absorb Toki's power. That's pretty cool!

These Toki <3 Ryuuki moments are so cute. They are the most heartwarming pair in the whole Saki franchise.

SerafosJan 7, 10:47 PM

More topics from this board

Poll: » Saki: Achiga-hen - Episode of Side-A Specials Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

kuuderes_shadow - May 25, 2013

81 by Serafos »»
Aug 30, 2021 9:09 AM

Poll: » Saki: Achiga-hen - Episode of Side-A Specials Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

kuuderes_shadow - Jan 29, 2013

83 by Serafos »»
Aug 30, 2021 5:08 AM

Poll: » Saki: Achiga-hen - Episode of Side-A Specials Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

kuuderes_shadow - Dec 24, 2012

76 by Serafos »»
Aug 30, 2021 4:24 AM

» If anyone here plays League of Legends...

mupi - Jun 6, 2013

0 by mupi »»
Jun 6, 2013 4:23 PM

» Last Three Episodes?

tplusent - Jul 18, 2012

29 by kuuderes_shadow »»
Dec 31, 2012 3:20 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.