Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jan 29, 2013 6:44 AM

Dec 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Episode 14 is here.

So, after Takami's fairly obvious yakuman, we progress to the fourth match of the semifinals.
Shiraitodai's player needs three calls before she can win, but once she gets those calls she can win fast. That isn't good enough against these opponents, however, and she suffers badly, especially in the first half.
Arata's style is revealed to be based around bowling, but just as her opponents grow accustomed to this, she pulls an ace out of her sleeve.
Senriyama's FunaQ as usual collecting her delicious data on the other players, and turning it to her advantage, particularly against Seiko.
But Mairu of Shindouji is the dangerous one, reserving hands that will be reclaimed later by Himeko at double the value. And there's a counted yakuman coming...

Next time, on to the final match of the semi-finals, and finally a chance to get to see the play styles of each team's final player.
kuuderes_shadowJan 29, 2013 6:51 AM
There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.
Jan 29, 2013 6:55 AM

Nov 2011

This episode reminded me of the fact that I will never have wireless mahjong sex.
rederoinJan 29, 2013 2:11 PM

My Twitter : link
My Last.fm : link
Jan 29, 2013 7:02 AM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
Most of that went way to fast for me to keep up with the scoring lingo. What I do know is some of the "extra normal" action is getting a bit wild eyed and wooly. Is this the first instance we have where one player's actions carry over to the abilities of a teammate in a follow on match (Mairu to Himeko) ? I can't remember.
Jan 29, 2013 7:04 AM

Nov 2011
Cratex said:
Most of that went way to fast for me to keep up with the scoring lingo. What I do know is some of the "extra normal" action is getting a bit wild eyed and wooly. Is this the first instance we have where one player's actions carry over to the abilities of a teammate in a follow on match?

Yes, they are the only 2 players in the saki-verse with something like that(currently).

rederoinJan 29, 2013 10:41 AM

Jan 29, 2013 7:55 AM

Feb 2007
lol Pretty suggestive round that was...
Jan 29, 2013 8:27 AM

Nov 2007
Amazing episode, funaQ was hilarious to watch. SHINDOUJI STRONG!

Also Ako was cute as hell there too. Can;t wait for episode 15.
Jan 29, 2013 10:56 AM

Sep 2010
Great episode. Seiko sucks, Mairu STRONG. Also, this wireless lesbian sex is epic.
2e16nig.png
Jan 29, 2013 11:28 AM

Jan 2009
Oh fuck this episode was so hype and there's still two more left. Episode 15 when?!
Jan 29, 2013 12:05 PM

Jul 2009
I think this episode somehow has a different atmosphere the previous episode. The manga was actually pretty good in terms of keeping up the intensity, but this adaptation feels lacking compared to the lieutenant match. That's not to say that it has a lot of action.

It's also unfortunate that people may not have an idea why there was a random scene with Saki, Koromo, and Hajime. That chapter came out after the revelation of Saki's dream in the original manga.
On Moderating: Building a more complete anime database.
Spica: Anime, manga, idols.
Jan 29, 2013 1:22 PM

Jul 2010
All dat chain bondage.
Jan 29, 2013 2:00 PM

Apr 2010
The third match looked so much better when animated.
Arata thinks about a lot during the match i like the style she developed as well her opponents are having a hard time with it.
Jan 29, 2013 2:02 PM

Jan 2008
Bondage mahjong...? Well there's a first for everything I guess.

And damm... Hajime's outfit...
Jan 29, 2013 2:06 PM

Jun 2011
14-point key, but there isn't a 14-point with the rules that they are playing >_>
Anyways, looking forward to (another) hakumangan next episode.
Jan 29, 2013 2:16 PM

Sep 2012
All this build up for the fifth match :o
Jan 29, 2013 3:05 PM

Aug 2012
That skirt grab and lif t. . .

Even though i can probably guess which two schools are going to the finals.
The suspense for the fifth match is too strong.
Jan 29, 2013 3:59 PM
Sep 2012
All that chain bondage, skirt grabbing and splashing on girls faces. For a moment I thought Saki had become an echhi.
Jan 29, 2013 4:23 PM

Jan 2011
AiCon said:
All that chain bondage, skirt grabbing and splashing on girls faces. For a moment I thought Saki had become an echhi.

first time for everything i guess.. lol was caught off guard by their *bonds*
Jan 29, 2013 6:56 PM
Sep 2012
katsu044 said:
AiCon said:

first time for everything i guess.. lol was caught off guard by their *bonds*
All that was missing were the moans.

Oh, wait...
Jan 29, 2013 8:56 PM

Nov 2007
Shih said:
14-point key, but there isn't a 14-point with the rules that they are playing >_>

14-han key means basically a Kazoe Yakuman, meaning, Shindouji, if they managed to pull this off, is guaranteed the first place spot! That is how strong this key is!

Jan 29, 2013 10:11 PM

Nov 2009
arsonal said:
It's also unfortunate that people may not have an idea why there was a random scene with Saki, Koromo, and Hajime. That chapter came out after the revelation of Saki's dream in the original manga.

Not really... if they've already watched the first season of Saki, then they would understand how the scenes of Saki and the others showing up from time to time connects.
Jan 29, 2013 10:18 PM

Sep 2009
Next time we'll see Shizu's playing style at last. Her previous matches were skipped(probably to keep the intrigue).
Nachtwandler_21Jan 30, 2013 12:27 PM
Jan 29, 2013 10:26 PM
Feb 2012
How to find out when episode 15 come out? or actually they havent announce the date yet?
Jan 29, 2013 11:24 PM

Dec 2011
Wow, I was really surprised by how good Arata was this episode! And how evil FunaQ was. Which I enjoyed a lot >:3

For more impressions / a ton of screen shots, check out my post at RandomC: http://randomc.net/2013/01/29/saki-achiga-hen-episode-of-side-a-14/
Stilts
Writer
http://randomc.net/
Jan 29, 2013 11:47 PM

Jan 2012
Yummy BDSM and facials.
My Guitar Covers:
Playlist

I CAN ALWAYS SHOW MY EVERYTHING TO YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUU
Jan 30, 2013 1:55 AM

Dec 2011
underMebius said:
Shih said:

14-han key means basically a Kazoe Yakuman, meaning, Shindouji, if they managed to pull this off, is guaranteed the first place spot! That is how strong this key is!

Not necessarily. Remember, Takami actually lost points despite her yakuman. And if the scores just before the yakuman are the same as they are now, Shindouji will barely be in the positive.
There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.
Jan 30, 2013 2:10 AM

Nov 2011
underMebius said:
Shih said:

They will pull it off, but a yakuman(that isen't a direct hit) is not that strong. Awai will take the 1# spot not doubt about that. But with the mangan, baiman and yakuman(and some more hands) they are going to get between 56.000 and 84.000 points(or more)(depending on when she's the dealer).
rederoinJan 30, 2013 2:15 AM

Jan 30, 2013 5:43 AM

Jan 2012
the way how Japanese plays mahjong really turns me on
Jan 30, 2013 7:49 AM

Aug 2010
Saki was always impossibly gay (in a good way of course), but all the sakura petals during the flashback, Himeko nearly orgasming...loved every second of it! 5/5.

It was nice seeing Hajime again, I always wished she was more relevant.
Ryuuka seems pissed, I wonder how much havoc she will wreck. I hope a lot, she is probably my favorite A-Side character.
Jan 30, 2013 9:07 AM

May 2012
I honestly forgot about half of this show in the time between the last episode and this one. Was a bit of a shock when I started it and couldn't remember the names of the girls from Achiga. Wish these came out closer together.
Jan 30, 2013 9:19 AM

Feb 2008
I love it like always. :D

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Jan 30, 2013 6:14 PM

Oct 2012
MagicFlier said:
arsonal said:

Not really... if they've already watched the first season of Saki, then they would understand how the scenes of Saki and the others showing up from time to time connects.

Actually I just barely watched all of the Saki anime and I am not sure about the connection. I'm watching it a second time though and I'm on the last 2-3 episodes. Maybe it's briefly mentioned in those, so good to know I can know what that conversation's about even though I've only seen the anime. I'll read the manga one of these days for sure though!

Anyway since posting a comment on CR isn't enough since there's so much going on in this episode, I'll post my thoughts here.

First of all, agreed wireless mahjong sex looks awesome, and it's sad to think it's not real.

That whole episode though was packed with yuri; it really surprised me. The bondage stuff and FunaQ's almost sadistic approach to mahjong was fantastic. And this is the first time since Maria Sama Ga Miteru that I've heard the word "skinship" used XD. Awesome end-of-match moment.

Was it just me or did it seem like FunaQ was jealous of Sera flirting with Ako? Though later on FunaQ's one to talk about flirting...flipping up Arata’s skirt like that in her mind, for shame! :P

Also even though Harue's 10 years older than Arata, I still want them to hook up! Sagimori's love for her amazes me. I love how she's integrating her style and how they're experiencing similar situations, but she's going to avenge Harue! So awesome. Btw I wonder when/if Harue's going to confront that jerk commentator Sukoya Kokaji about the past. Well she's not a jerk, but I dislike her for messing up Harue's psyche a bit.

I dunno there's so much to talk about in this episode, so I guess I'll leave it at that. I'm excited to see what they meant by getting Ako into gear. Didn't think Shizu was all that special or good at playing mahjong. I definitely thought wrong though if Koromo is saying that Achiga's 5th player is problematic. This is freaking Koromo we're talking about! Also last we saw in that one episode Koromo gave some death-blows to Ako in that mahjong game. It's going to be awesome to see what we missed.
RPPuzzleFeb 1, 2013 1:24 PM
Jan 30, 2013 7:08 PM

Jul 2008
This post will contain manga spoiler, don't read it if you don't want to
...Also it's full of speculation so don't take whatever I said as a straight fact.

MagicFlier said:
arsonal said:

He was talking about the scene where Saki's and Teru's childhood friend die.
All we know is that she died by a lac and that Saki probably was the cause of it.
This event is very likely the center to all the tension that is between Saki and Teru.

When Saki was sleeping in this episode she had a nightmare about it, when she mentioned a water surface she was sleep talking about her nightmare.

There's a reason why Saki is so scared of meeting with her sister and it's probably because she still feel guilty about whatever happened then.

rederoin said:

They will pull it off, but a yakuman(that isen't a direct hit) is not that strong. Awai will take the 1# spot not doubt about that. But with the mangan, baiman and yakuman(and some more hands) they are going to get between 56.000 and 84.000 points(or more)(depending on when she's the dealer).

RPPuzzle said:
I definitely thought wrong though if Koromo is saying that Achiga's 5th player is problematic. This is freaking Koromo we're talking about!

Here's what I said in the chapter discussion thread

Scheherazade1007 said:
We never saw Shizu fight and you are seriously saying she's weak? There's a reason why most of her games were skipped. There's a reason why Akado chose to put her in the captain match, where most team send their ace

I see two options for that Yakuman:
-Awai will destroy it before it happens, if she can't do at least that much she'll be destroyed by Saki in the final and it seem like she really want to stop Shindouji.
-It will hit Achiga and make the game seemingly impossible for them to win.

Either way Shizu will be the one that'll have the last word. Either she'll shut down Awai after everyone are saying it's impossible to beat her or either she'll somehow make it to second place even with a huge score difference in her way.

Shiraitodai will make it for final for sure, Ritz care about all the little detail he/she put in everything related to Saki. Since we've seen Teru vs Yuuki in the last episode of the anime it's pretty much like if Ritz said 'Shiraitodai WILL make it to the final'

Also this is a shounen, you can't expect Achiga to lose before anything is even resolved. They didn't come to the national for fun, they came to the national to play Nodaka. Whether they win or not against Kiyosumi, they will not lose before
they reach the final.

I still believe Shizu is a 'god killer'. The stronger her opponent is, the stronger she will be able to overcome the situation.
If power are truly a reflection of the player's soul this would embody well Shizuno's will to not give up as well as give Achiga a terrible weapon for the final.
Jan 30, 2013 9:49 PM

Sep 2012
After following the series for so long.. I m starting to think that Mahjong is actually a scary game.. all the abnormal happenings....

The final round is going to be so crazy. I wonder what miracle can they still show. Does Shizuno really have special ability? So excited to see the next ep ><
Jan 30, 2013 10:20 PM

Nov 2009
RPPuzzle said:
I'm excited to see what they meant by getting Ako into gear. Didn't think Ako was all that special or good at playing mahjong. I definitely thought wrong though if Koromo is saying that Achiga's 5th player is problematic. This is freaking Koromo we're talking about!

It's Shizuno that Koromo was talking about, not Ako. XD
Jan 31, 2013 1:56 AM

Aug 2008
winter_mint said:
After following the series for so long.. I m starting to think that Mahjong is actually a scary game.. all the abnormal happenings....

Try it out for yourself. And see what happens.

http://tenhou.net/0/?L7447
Click on this. I dare you. | MAL Fantasy Football League | Currently Watching List

RWBY Club. RWBY is anime. Deal with it.

Jan 31, 2013 2:06 AM

Nov 2011

Shizu won't stop Awai, the point of this spin-off was to hype up Teru and Awai.

Jan 31, 2013 6:08 AM

May 2008
Man with the last match everything might change, everyone in the last match seems to be so determined to win. I still find myself cheering for teams other then Achiga .

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Jan 31, 2013 8:04 AM

Jul 2008
rederoin said:

Shizu won't stop Awai, the point of this spin-off was to hype up Teru and Awai.

But that's just what you believe.
Teru and Awai could have been hyped up in other, more efficient and much easier ways and that alone prove that Achiga-hen wasn't written for that purpose; it was written for something else. What? It's impossible to be sure at this point.

Teru vs Saki will not happen during the team tournament so Achiga could win the team tournament for all the story care as long as Saki vs Teru happens in the individuals.
Jan 31, 2013 9:33 AM

Nov 2011
Scheherazade1007 said:

Teru vs Saki will not happen during the team tournament so Achiga could win the team tournament for all the story care as long as Saki vs Teru happens in the individuals.

Shizu winning against Awai is very unlikely as she's one of the inter-high monsters, destroying all her hype at this point and turning her into something that doesn't even reach monster level would be more of a plot twist than what we can assume will happen.
Its not just Teru that is the 'final' boss, its Teru(of the individuals arc) and Awai(in the finals arc).

They are way to weak for that, they couldn't even win against Senriyama and lost against the schools that lost against kiyosumi.
In the finals they'll have to go against Teru, Yuuki and maybe Sataho(3rd ranked player in the inter-high). in the lieutenant match they'll go against Hisa and maybe Choe(monster) or Nelly(monster). In the Vice-captain they'll go against Nodoka and maybe Megan, In the captains match they'll go against Saki, Awai and maybe Choe(monster) or Nelly(monster). Although for all I know, Usuzan will make it(which means they are even stronger than Rinkai).

If we go by how the story could go, Saki could also lose the individuals. However if she goes at full strength that isn't likely. Although it seems she isn't that interested in the individuals.
But if Kiyosumi loses in the team tournament, Nodoka will have to move away, so its actually rather important to the plot whether they win the team tournament or not.

Jan 31, 2013 10:16 AM

Dec 2011
Very minor manga spoilers
Jan 31, 2013 12:50 PM
Jun 2011
rederoin said:

They are way to weak for that, they couldn't even win against Senriyama and lost against the schools that lost against kiyosumi.
In the finals they'll have to go against Teru, Yuuki and maybe Sataho(3rd ranked player in the inter-high). in the lieutenant match they'll go against Hisa and maybe Choe(monster) or Nelly(monster). In the Vice-captain they'll go against Nodoka and maybe Megan, In the captains match they'll go against Saki, Awai and maybe Choe(monster) or Nelly(monster). Although for all I know, Usuzan will make it(which means they are even stronger than Rinkai).

When Achiga trained with Kazekozhi and Tsugura, it should be noted that this was after they had participated in Kiyosumi's training camp for the nationals,and seeing as the training camp improved Yuuki pretty obvious it would improve their skills and abilities as well, so I feel its pretty darn obvious that Achiga would have trouble with schools who know how to deal with occult aspect of the game.

Also its clearly shown Achiga and Senriyama are equals.
Toki's ability was the only reason that Kuro had trouble fighting her, otherwise Kuro would have been able to pull off her tsumo wins.
Yuu is just a better player then Izumi, who did an absolute stupid move of not paying attention to all possible forms of attack.
Ako and Sera are clearly evenly matched its just a case of 2 different conflicting play styles (speedy and cheap vs slow and big).
Hiroko and Arata is clear cut case of the match can go either way.
And finally with Ryuuka and Shizu we still don't know how well Shizu is, so don't right her oof just yet.

Also in the quarter finals, Achiga were mainly playing catch up because Toki deliberately targeted Kuro, where as in the semi-finals Achiga and Senriyama's scores havve stayed relatively in range of each other.
Jan 31, 2013 1:18 PM

Jul 2008
rederoin said:

Shizu winning against Awai is very unlikely as she's one of the inter-high monsters, destroying all her hype at this point and turning her into something that doesn't even reach monster level would be more of a plot twist than what we can assume will happen.

That's pretty much you underestimating Shizu, we never saw her play and you assume she's weak.
So far in the whole Saki verse a person's play-style is always symbolized by their personality. Shizu pretty much represent the will to never give up, to never bend to other people and to always reach further. How would that be weird to be reflected in her play, actually it'd be weird it it didn't.

We know that she didn't felt oppressed by Saki the first time they met and there must be a reason why she was put captain (the spot where most team send their ace) as well as why she's the only one which game were skipped so much.

The stronger the opponent, the stronger Shizu will be but it also mean that if all her opponents are weak she'll be weaker.
Awai will crush everyone but Shizu will surpass Awai even if only for one hand. Awai will still have destroyed everyone but Shizu's victory will be the symbol that she won't bow down to her in the final.
Which lead me to the second point

rederoin said:

Its not just Teru that is the 'final' boss, its Teru(of the individuals arc) and Awai(in the finals arc).

I actually believe that Teru is Kiyosumi's big boss while Awai will be Achiga's last boss.
Await doesn't have any tie with Kiyosumi and she's the kind of girl that cannot stand being belittled. She's a bit curious about Teru's sister but if Shizu get Awai's attention during the semi-final then Awai is very likely to focus on Shizu once at the final.

rederoin said:

We are in a manga where people power up during one night by doing a dozen of game.
If you compare our reality to Saki's then there's no way they'd be able to win in the final but with Saki's world logic it wouldn't even feel weird if they get a powerup for any reason overnight before the final.

Kuro will be stronger and with Yuuki rushing her hand Teru will be highly limited.
Not only she won't have access to dora but she'll have to do her hands very fast to counter Yuuki's speed.
Teru will likely create a big difference but probably smaller than in the semi-final.

Then come Yuu who stood on equal ground (if not higher) with Shiratodai's player, she'll be able to properly fight on even ground in the final.

Ako should be able to fight on even ground with Hisa. We don't give enough credit to Sera but she was a very logical strong player and Ako was able to stand against her.

Shiraitodai's fourth player isn't that strong so it's kind of convenient that Arata is placed there. Nodoka also rarely win with huge hand so it'll be pretty much the most normal match of the final.

If my guess of Shizu's power is correct then she should be able to fight in the final. Winning is another story but there shouldn't be trouble with this match either.

Really Achiga's odd of winning aren't as bad as you and most people make it sound. You're always talking about rank but you aren't taking situation into account.
You don't have to be the strongest to win a team tournament.

rederoin said:

If we go by how the story could go, Saki could also lose the individuals. However if she goes at full strength that isn't likely. Although it seems she isn't that interested in the individuals.
But if Kiyosumi loses in the team tournament, Nodoka will have to move away, so its actually rather important to the plot whether they win the team tournament or not.

This kind of thing happens often in shounen.
Kiyosumi ending in 2nd place would create some drama before the individual but in the end she won't have to move before of a change of hearth of her father.

I still believe that Achiga-hen will end with them winning the final and the main manga will continue on the individual.
In a shounen the one that win is always the powerless one with unrivaled determination who's said to not be able to win.
Jan 31, 2013 3:26 PM
Jun 2011
if you will look on the translated chapter 18 in the manga you will be suprised by the turn of events that happend there in the captian match
Jan 31, 2013 9:52 PM

Jun 2011
underMebius said:
Shih said:
Well, usually Kazoe Yakuman is refer to as 13-point. Just pointing out that they are not playing with Double Yakuman.
Jan 31, 2013 10:33 PM

Dec 2011
Even if they were, there's no such thing as a double kazoe. 13 yaku or 30 yaku - both would be normal kazoe yakuman.

Anyway, remember people. If posting something from EITHER manga that hasn't been animated yet, use spoiler tags
Feb 1, 2013 8:38 AM

Jun 2011
kuuderes_shadow said:
Even if they were, there's no such thing as a double kazoe. 13 yaku or 30 yaku - both would be normal kazoe yakuman.

Anyway, remember people. If posting something from EITHER manga that hasn't been animated yet, use spoiler tags
Sorry, to disappoint you, but there are special rules where Double Yakuman exists.

Such as Kokushi Musou (13 Orphans) 13 wait
Wikipedia said:
If a player wins in a 13-way wait for the pair, the hand is worth two yakuman, which is called daburu (double) yakuman.

or Junsei Chuuren Poutou (Nine gates 9 wait)
Wikipedia said:
Worth two yakuman if the hand was waiting on nine different tiles (or otherwise called junsei chuuren poutou [純正九蓮宝燈])

Reference http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japanese_Mahjong_yaku#Yakuman_hands

Kataoka Yuuki even mentioned Double Yakuman in the original Saki series during the match between Miyanaga Saki and Amae Koromo.
Feb 1, 2013 8:48 AM

Dec 2011
I know how to play mahjong, and I know what a double yakuman is, thank you.

And at no point did I say anything to indicate to the contrary.

There is no such thing, however (at least not with any rules I've ever used), as a double kazoe yakuman.
Feb 1, 2013 9:09 AM

Jun 2011
I have not heard of Double Kazoe Yakuman either, nor did I mention such thing. o_o

I was confused when you mentioned the following,
kuuderes_shadow said:
Even if they were, there's no such thing as a double kazoe.

Back to my origin point, all I'm trying to say is that they are playing without Double Yakuman. And the 14-point key is just a 13-point key.
Feb 1, 2013 9:30 AM

Dec 2011
In that they get the same score as each other, yes. The hand generated is different.

In that respect, an 8 point key, a 9 point key and a 10 point key would all be the same too.
Not that 9 or 13 point keys could exist anyway
Feb 1, 2013 2:46 PM

Oct 2012

Duuude that was SO not covered in the Saki anime. I briefly read it and that was super important plot element that I just got ruined for me :(. You could've marked it in spoiler tags because I didn't see the: "This post will contain manga spoiler, don't read it if you don't want to
...Also it's full of speculation so don't take whatever I said as a straight fact."

Gah maybe I need to get reading the manga right now. Anyone know what chapter the anime leaves off on for the manga?

I didn't read all of this cause it looked to contain more spoilers, but I never thought Shizu was weak. Well not any weaker than I thought all of the people on their team were. I was seriously not impressed by Kuro or Yuu's matches; they were almost helpless babies, so I was thinking jeez do they all got major weaknesses like that?

Ako kinda held her own, but only kinda and I give her more credit cause she did well the match before the semi-finals. As for Arata, well she seemed average/nothing special til this episode. Though now that FunaQ's figured her out, I'm worried for how well she'll do. As for Shizu, now that Koromo's said something, I think oh good there is an awesome player among them. And I'm excited to see her mahjong play style in action!

I suppose all of that said, Gamer40000's got a point on why they performed so poorly. But I think relying too much on predictable play is too much of a weakness. That's why I think Saki's screwed with her technique seemingly being exclusively rinshan when she's trying to win.

@MagicFlier Thanks for pointing that out I fixed it ^_^; I dunno why I get those two confused. Think it was because for the first few episodes of Side-A I thought Shizu's name was Ako and Ako's name was Shizu. I think I mixed it up because Shizu reminds me of the super monkey ball monkey Aiai, so I thought her name was the one starting with A. The :3-shaped grin on her face and her hyper, outgoing attitude just makes me think monkey XP.

And I agree with rederoin, I think Saki will face off against Teru in the individuals and Awai in the team tournament finals. And I think Shizu does stand a chance against Awai just because Saki stood a chance against Koromo and Koromo was made out to be a super monster at mahjong, but ended up not being as much of a monster compared to Saki. So Awai could maybe turn out to be the same.

Though Scheh, you say Shizu wasn't intimidated by Saki's presence, but as far as I remember, I think she was along with everyone else. Good points about all of their strengths and how they might match up against Kiyosumi though.

Also I have a question, even if Achiga can't win against Shiraitodai in the semifinals, if they come in second, they go to the team finals right?

And I remember Yuuki explaining there are no double yakuman in these tournament rules...so I dunno how she's going to get a 14-point hand. Dora maybe? I dunno I don't know much about mahjong I just barely learned how to play from HanaYoriUta.
RPPuzzleFeb 1, 2013 2:53 PM
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Saki: Achiga-hen - Episode of Side-A Specials Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

kuuderes_shadow - May 25, 2013

81 by Serafos »»
Aug 30, 2021 9:09 AM

Poll: » Saki: Achiga-hen - Episode of Side-A Specials Episode 3 Discussion

kuuderes_shadow - Apr 2, 2013

44 by Serafos »»
Aug 30, 2021 6:59 AM

Poll: » Saki: Achiga-hen - Episode of Side-A Specials Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

kuuderes_shadow - Dec 24, 2012

76 by Serafos »»
Aug 30, 2021 4:24 AM

» If anyone here plays League of Legends...

mupi - Jun 6, 2013

0 by mupi »»
Jun 6, 2013 4:23 PM

» Last Three Episodes?

tplusent - Jul 18, 2012

29 by kuuderes_shadow »»
Dec 31, 2012 3:20 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.