Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Mar 2, 2013 1:38 AM

Sep 2012
HungLikeaZombie said:
tell me how thats good? I for one wanted to see if they could dock with each other to create new weapons and shit.
Good because I don't need to waste my brain cell to guess how all the hundreds of permutation of different color mix-up may entail in terms of look and power. The anime can focus on something else, which is good.
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Mar 2, 2013 4:12 AM
Feb 2012
Every time I'm about to write something positive about this show, I remember the Naked attack names and can't help but laugh at it. So instead of formulating a sophisticated opinion I'll just shout "Go, Naked girls, go!".
The release of atomic energy has not created a new problem. It has merely made more urgent the necessity of solving an existing one. - Albert Einstein
Mar 2, 2013 7:31 AM

Jan 2013
Yes. Ok, we all get it. Vividred operations is full of ass. So stop saying it already. giggity.

did you say ass-pull :D

Mod edit: spoiler tagged big image
koleareMar 2, 2013 9:44 AM
Mar 3, 2013 2:38 AM
Aug 2011
GuiltyKing said:
Every time I'm about to write something positive about this show, I remember the Naked attack names and can't help but laugh at it. So instead of formulating a sophisticated opinion I'll just shout "Go, Naked girls, go!".

The sad thing about this post is that the girls are unfortunately not naked, but they are in the manga adaptation though.
Mar 3, 2013 11:48 AM

Jul 2012
seriously, this anime is pure fanservice-excessive-moe shit
this is like a bad powerpuff girls Z mod
sad
Mar 3, 2013 12:00 PM

Sep 2012
Gash_V-D_Hetchum said:
GuiltyKing said:

The sad thing about this post is that the girls are unfortunately not naked, but they are in the manga adaptation though.

Not spoilers as manga volume one only goes partway into episode four... Yes, I bought one.

Indeed, they show nipples in the manga so will have to see what the BDs look like, less steam, no tree branches or not...

But interesting about naked in the manga is that only Naked Rang is named Naked. The hammer is Vivid Impact and the sword is Vivid Blade.

Oh, and the manga says that the possible dockings are Vivid Blue, Vivid Green and Vivid Yellow. Sadly I guess this means no Vivid Black with Rei. Doesn't say what Vividred means... Just Akane alone I guess.
hpulleyMar 3, 2013 12:06 PM
Mar 3, 2013 2:59 PM

May 2012
hpulley said:
Gash_V-D_Hetchum said:
GuiltyKing said:

Not spoilers as manga volume one only goes partway into episode four... Yes, I bought one.

Indeed, they show nipples in the manga so will have to see what the BDs look like, less steam, no tree branches or not...

But interesting about naked in the manga is that only Naked Rang is named Naked. The hammer is Vivid Impact and the sword is Vivid Blade.

Oh, and the manga says that the possible dockings are Vivid Blue, Vivid Green and Vivid Yellow. Sadly I guess this means no Vivid Black with Rei. Doesn't say what Vividred means... Just Akane alone I guess.

Remember, Momo has a Vivid form, ti was shown back when they were promoting the show. That's not the limit of the Vivid forms, Rei could always happen, though she would be Vivid Purple though technically.

Anyway
The problem with people's understanding of this whole situation is either not enough exposure to Japan, or just finding something to whine about. Watch lots of Japanese movies/shows and you'll learn that it's not outside their belief system to have a 'ghost' of a living person. Akane's spirit aided Aoi during that sequence. It was not some techno-babble related to the Vivid system, it was their bonds with each other.

And, the thing about the boomerang...you're just grasping at straws at that point. It's an anime, it's stylish to watch the boomerang do that. There's no reason to try and apply physics and other such nonsense when the show has already had keys forming out of nowhere, and girls fusing with each other, not to mention that there's some unlimited Energy source that was created by someone.

It's a fictional story, not a documentary or a scientific exposition.

Rei...is really starting to get on my nerves. She's at the bottom of my character rankings now. She's never been all that high on them anyway, but yeah.

That was a really amazing episode! I cried a lot during it T_T Especially when Aoi talked about how she tried so hard for Akane's sake ;_; I never expected the episode to be THAT good, and never expected them to pull off things how they did o_o

I would have been unable to continue the show if Akane had died, so I'm really glad that she's fine now. And I'm also glad that they took it quite seriously how badly she was hurt, and really exposed that things are not always going to go so well.

Hrm, on one hand WakabaxMomo is pretty entertaining, but on the other I really see Wakaba and Himawari as more of an actual pairing. The Momo moments are funny, but the Himawari moments are really adorable ~

Course, she could just take the Ryuudo route and have em both xD

Ah man, I just LOVE this show!!!

And wow, I really am bad at shutting up when talking about this xD
EDIT
OH! And Aoi's now number 2 on my rankings! With Wakaba at 3, and Akane in first place!
Mar 3, 2013 3:56 PM

Sep 2012
Just because Momo will get a key and a Pink Pallet Suit doesn't mean she can dock with Akane, however, I should correct my prior statement as the manga doesn't say other forms are impossible so perhaps Vivid Purple and Vivid Pink are still out there... For now it just lists the three dockings we have seen so far and says their completed forms are different and that Akane must be one partner in it with one other person.
hpulleyMar 3, 2013 4:06 PM
Mar 3, 2013 6:11 PM

Jan 2012
poor akane... little sad for three friends lol

the battle seems good though. just wtf with that jet on aoi's back lol
Mar 4, 2013 12:14 AM

Apr 2011
symbv said:
HungLikeaZombie said:
tell me how thats good? I for one wanted to see if they could dock with each other to create new weapons and shit.
Good because I don't need to waste my brain cell to guess how all the hundreds of permutation of different color mix-up may entail in terms of look and power. The anime can focus on something else, which is good.

is that a bad thing?
Glorious Titties Nuff Said!

Make America Great Again!
Mar 4, 2013 11:47 AM
Jan 2010
why oh WHY did I choose this to be my "don't drop anything" season.
Mar 4, 2013 12:35 PM

Jan 2011
This was amazing imo. Action was very good and the story is actually something I can take serious right now. Props to this, seriously!
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Mar 4, 2013 1:33 PM

Dec 2010
This is mostly a show about girls yet it made me cry manly tears.

Best episode so far.
Mar 4, 2013 1:39 PM
Nov 2010
Docking: Rei + Himawari. Would have been the best thing ever in this show.
Mar 4, 2013 2:32 PM

Nov 2012
Didn't like this filler that much, the plot was more over the place than normal. Akanes soul being in a boomerang (how convenient) them not being able to survive a laser, but can easily withstand a explosion that completely disintegrates a sky scraper. I hope some interesting arc is done in the last few episodes, i still want to know more about the archer girl!
Mar 4, 2013 3:08 PM

Apr 2011
Z-flame said:
Z-flame said:

Himawari FTW
Glorious Titties Nuff Said!

Make America Great Again!
Mar 6, 2013 5:04 PM

Feb 2012
The ending was beautiful.

Great episode.
Mar 6, 2013 5:22 PM

Jun 2012
Kog73 said:
Didn't like this filler that much, the plot was more over the place than normal. Akanes soul being in a boomerang (how convenient) them not being able to survive a laser, but can easily withstand a explosion that completely disintegrates a sky scraper. I hope some interesting arc is done in the last few episodes, i still want to know more about the archer girl!

How can you consider this to be a filler when it's an original series?
Mar 6, 2013 5:25 PM
Sep 2012
Because this anime is incredibly shallow

Using the same fanservice angles every episode, at least do something creative with it if you were going for eye candy
Mar 7, 2013 4:31 PM

Jun 2012
I like the teamwork and strong bond of friendship between them. Wow, they really planned to fire 109 of those at the Alone, for a 4% chance of termination..
5/5.

Mar 8, 2013 12:01 AM

Nov 2011
Eh, not a bad fight. The Naked Rang turning into a jet booster is quite convenient though but that is not much of an ass pull.

Mar 24, 2013 7:22 PM

Jan 2013
Great episode. I want it to continue to get darker.
Jun 30, 2013 2:35 PM

Jan 2010
This episode was decent for me. I feel like I'm finally getting into the series a bit.
I find stupid that the girls can't dock with each other, and only with Akane. However, I felt like I finally got to see a group battle strategy in action, and I love that.
Nov 29, 2013 3:53 PM

Feb 2013
(rewatching)

Didn't the barrier go down before the bomb exploded? I thought they mentioned something about permanent damage to the environment... Atmosphere? Who needs that?
Mar 1, 2014 12:45 AM

Aug 2013
That was actually a good fight.
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
May 11, 2014 4:24 PM

May 2012
Great action and cute episode! Let's see what's next!
Dec 31, 2015 3:13 PM
Dec 2014
The Vivid System only allows Aoi, Wakaba, and Himawari to dock with Akane but not each other? Aww... Why, Professor Isshiki? While this is still decent, nevertheless, I want more docking. :)
Jan 30, 2020 8:37 PM

Feb 2014
Yay the power of friendship saves the day!

Omg I would NOT want to be one of the politicians in charge of evacuating all of Tokyo that sounds awful O_o

Okay but like why does the next episode look like filler =_=
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 29, 2021 2:18 PM

Feb 2020
Aoi, Wakaba, and Himawari did a great job without Akane. Well done, girls!

I'm glad Akane is fine now. :)

SerafosDec 11, 2023 7:55 AM
Mar 29, 2022 12:08 PM

Aug 2018
Sad to see Akane like this.. Well, not like I mind, I actually like dramatic moments like this..
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Vividred Operation Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jan 10, 2013

208 by GakutoDeathGlare »»
May 12, 11:33 PM

Poll: » Vividred Operation Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

bippo - Mar 28, 2013

170 by Gendolfas »»
Mar 30, 2022 9:10 AM

Poll: » Vividred Operation Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 21, 2013

115 by Gendolfas »»
Mar 30, 2022 8:26 AM

Poll: » Vividred Operation Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 14, 2013

84 by Gendolfas »»
Mar 30, 2022 7:34 AM

Poll: » Vividred Operation Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 7, 2013

71 by Gendolfas »»
Mar 30, 2022 6:39 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.