Forum Settings
Forums

Do you find it difficult to engage in intellectual conversations with people in general?

New
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Jan 5, 2013 12:18 AM

Oct 2012
I don't lower my standards, I just talk down to people from Pride Rock.
My subjective reviews: katsureview.wordpress.com
THE CHAT CLUB.
Jan 5, 2013 12:25 AM

Jun 2011
no cuz u need to b smart to have intelectuel converations
tfw no gf
tfw i keep getting the banhammer on here
tfw Koleare keeps banning me every other day
tfw I'm misunderstood by le mod
Jan 5, 2013 12:27 AM

Oct 2012
iCameSwagYOLO420 said:
no cuz u need to b smart to have intelectuel converations
i toroly undstan wat u sai,men
THE CHAT CLUB.

Sep 2012
katsucats said:
I don't lower my standards, I just talk down to people from Pride Rock.
Simba?

And I agree with this.

Sep 2012
They hate every idea i give them, dunno why
Jan 5, 2013 12:30 AM

Nov 2012
On the forum 1 in 1000 threads...
With my mates, all the time...
Jan 5, 2013 5:12 AM

Feb 2012
Yes, that's why I don't talk to people that much.
The only thing you can rely on is that you can't rely on anything.
Jan 5, 2013 5:38 AM
Oct 2011
Most of the time I stay as a bystander when those things come up, mainly because my knowledge isn't that big in such things. And through hearing and reading these discussions I can also learn a lot of new things, like I did in these forums. (though too bad these topics started decreasing since the changes) However, when I'm familiar with the topic of discussion then I have no problem in joining in.
Candor123Jan 5, 2013 5:55 AM
Jan 5, 2013 6:46 AM

Mar 2011
No, but I can do without it anyway. I like to relax sometimes.
Jan 5, 2013 9:07 AM

Aug 2012
Adair said:
No, because I've learned to lower my standards.

Good point, and I think it's really annoying. Whenever you talk to somebody and you say things they might never had heard before, they either start to respond passive as in not actually focusing on what you say or just declare you're talking nonsense. Later on, they see it on TV or in some other source and they start to tell me about how impressive that same thing you were talking about is...

Recently I noticed that when I talk to somebody, instead of listening to me, that person is not actually listening to what I say, instead he is processing what he is about to contradict me regarding the first couple of words you had said or totally non-related. This happens at a high number of people, also observed it when others talk between them not necessarily in my case.

Well I know the explanations for these :P , I was just showing my opinion out because that's what the topic is about.
Jan 5, 2013 3:54 PM

Aug 2012

Do I find it difficult to engage in intellectual discussions with people?

Hmmm....good question....the answer is Yes, because people often refuse to accept that I am right, no matter what the topic is. (And I'm always right!)

Seriously, no. It's an intellectual discussion. Unless the topic is interesting, I'll end up zoning out and not hearing a word the other person says
Jan 5, 2013 4:04 PM

Aug 2011
baseball3b said:
I'm always right!

Screw it, let's just go with this.
Jan 5, 2013 4:06 PM

Jul 2007
If I cared for intellectual conversations I would not waste all my time on MAL.
Jan 6, 2013 1:24 AM

Aug 2012
Sometimes i could keep up, sometimes not. I haven't been in an intelligent conversation for a while. I'm lazy reading long posts and annoying quote.
Jan 6, 2013 2:10 AM

Jan 2013
When you learn to end a conversation, your journey to strive intellect has only just begun.
Jan 6, 2013 6:27 PM
Jun 2008
I find it difficult to engage in a lot of so-called "intellectual" discussions, because it's primarily a war of words between know-it-all's jerking their dicks with pages from random resources. Intellectuals can humble anyone and make them think without having to demonstrate superiority through their wide array of mumbo jumbo.
Jan 7, 2013 6:33 AM

Nov 2007
With the internet world, I don't really not sure if certain people's comments are serious or not because usually I cannot see the emotions through the text. Even don't know how is certain comments are "intelligent" for the "commenter".

... sorry if I went off topic.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Jan 7, 2013 8:02 AM

Jan 2011
Thousand-Eyes said:
I find it difficult to engage in a lot of so-called "intellectual" discussions, because it's primarily a war of words between know-it-all's jerking their dicks with pages from random resources. Intellectuals can humble anyone and make them think without having to demonstrate superiority through their wide array of mumbo jumbo.

Yeah! People who know things... What a bunch of assholes.
> The Fellow MAL Users Social Link has reached level 6!
> Your power to create Forum Posts of the Anime Arcana has grown!
Jan 7, 2013 9:39 AM

Aug 2009
BloodRequiem said:
I find it difficult to take OP seriously.

Scud said:
If I cared for intellectual conversations I would not waste all my time on MAL.

Also, are intellectual conversations the ones where if you dont agree with the "smart ones" they resort to insults?If they were truly so smart wouldnt they give up to trying to "educate" someone who is a "lost cause"?
Jan 7, 2013 2:44 PM

Jan 2013
Do you find it difficult to engage in intellectual conversations with people in general?

Pretty much. Every time I want to discuss something philosophical or theological, people seem to just zone out or give off awkward vibes.
Salmon is delicious.
Jan 7, 2013 2:57 PM

Jun 2011

I do not mind to engage with people in intellectual conversations if they have shown interest in the same matters as I did. But I do not feel the need to shove them my knowledge in their face.. (not that I am that smart)

Philosophical or theological matters are not my kind of discussions..
---
Cookies...
Jan 7, 2013 3:01 PM

Jun 2012
Vinter said:
Thousand-Eyes said:

They are people who pretend they know things.
Jan 7, 2013 3:12 PM

Oct 2012
Shuhan said:
Vinter said:
Thousand-Eyes said:

Or people who have good vocabulary (wide array of mumbo jumbo) that make you feel inferior (demonstrate superiority) and can cite proper sources (jerking their dicks with pages from random resources). Intellectuals FTW.
THE CHAT CLUB.
Jan 7, 2013 3:18 PM

Jun 2012
katsucats said:
Shuhan said:
Vinter said:
Thousand-Eyes said:

Or people who have good vocabulary (wide array of mumbo jumbo) that make you feel inferior (demonstrate superiority) and can cite proper sources (jerking their dicks with pages from random resources). Intellectuals FTW.

You are a cat, you're comment is irrelevant.
Jan 7, 2013 3:21 PM

Apr 2012
If I want to have a serious discussion. I go on to a forum that specifies in that type of discussion.
If your that bored though. My best subjects in school were social studies and science.
Jan 7, 2013 3:24 PM

Oct 2012
Shuhan said:
katsucats said:
Shuhan said:
Vinter said:
Thousand-Eyes said:

I'm a deity cat. They make golden statues of me. Can you say the same?
THE CHAT CLUB.
Jan 7, 2013 3:29 PM

Jun 2012
katsucats said:
Shuhan said:
katsucats said:
Shuhan said:
Vinter said:
Thousand-Eyes said:

I'm a deity cat. They make golden statues of me. Can you say the same?

x.x

Cant see pic.
Jan 7, 2013 3:31 PM

Jan 2011
You failed at linking the image.
> The Fellow MAL Users Social Link has reached level 6!
> Your power to create Forum Posts of the Anime Arcana has grown!
Jan 7, 2013 3:38 PM

Nov 2010
Vinter said:
I see it.
Jan 7, 2013 3:39 PM
Oct 2011
I don't see it either.
Jan 7, 2013 3:41 PM

Oct 2012
IntroverTurtle said:
Vinter said:
I see it.
Only intellectuals can see my true image.
THE CHAT CLUB.
Jan 7, 2013 3:41 PM

Nov 2010
katsucats said:
IntroverTurtle said:
Vinter said:
I see it.
Only intellectuals can see my true image.
Sounds about right.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

» スキンケア事は男性にとって必要でしょうか? is skin care necessary for men ?

ISeeLifePeople - 4 hours ago

10 by JaniSIr »»
1 hour ago

» The Proust phenomenon

RobertBobert - 11 hours ago

8 by Stavrogin_ »»
1 hour ago

» "Connoisseurs" of MAL, what are your thoughts on ART NOUVEAU? ( 1 2 3 )

Fario-P - Mar 11, 2021

129 by Fario-P »»
2 hours ago

» Is it easy to detect fictional drawings from real photographs?

DesuMaiden - Yesterday

18 by DesuMaiden »»
2 hours ago

» About MBTI ミビチアイの事

ISeeLifePeople - Yesterday

7 by Auron_ »»
3 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.