Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jan 24, 2012 12:24 PM

Nov 2008
Yumekichi11 said:
Panaru said:
When they kept referring to the "legend" earlier in the episode about the "fate of people who pilot a Vox" I thought it was going to be something like a death sentence. Kind of like "You get great power and can help people but then you die at an accelerated rate."
I am thinking that or I am thinking the Vox takes control of its host at one point to use its vitality in its destruction. What exactly does it have as consequence that made Lan hesitate is interesting to be seen as to why it affected Lan more than anything.

The 2nd one most likely is correct, I can't see a series like this having mecha that dooms it's pilot to an early doom. However there could be a way for Madoka, Mugi, and Lan to supress or even prevent themselves from being controlled by the Vox mid series or at the end right before or during the time when the process actually starts to happen. I can see that happening in the second season or second split whichever terminology you prefer.

Jan 24, 2012 8:35 PM

Jan 2012
I love how Madoka sings while she is fighting :)
Seems like Muginami is getting ready to appear :D

Jan 25, 2012 2:04 PM

Nov 2009
This show s awesome. I love how she kept trying to block the blade lol. Her personality is really loud, but thankfully not annoying. Her whole fight was hilarious to watch.

Lan also made a comeback, and gives us a wan...
Jan 25, 2012 3:22 PM

Oct 2011
sersoly !!!!!! what is the jersty club? anybody?
Jan 26, 2012 1:42 PM

Jul 2010
Madoka is still my favorite character. She's just so happy go lucky. Even when fighting she's singing and dancing and minding where she lands to avoid harming people or destroying property. =D

Len finally overcame her fear to control her Vox and she was able to active it's true power! I think next episode the third character (the pilot of the orange Vox) will be introduced properly and the team will be complete. According to the guy in the end it seems like the three Vox's were originally intended for destrucion or something? Now I'm even more curious!

Jan 26, 2012 11:09 PM

Aug 2010
This show contending for anime of the season alongside Nise
Jan 27, 2012 7:17 AM

Jun 2008
This show is fun because the main girl has a funny strong loud personality and the other girl is cute and nice. Her bigger sister is cool too. That alien guy isn't very sympathetic though and am not talking about the ones they where fighting with.

Also i love the art and technical department. Nice artwork and coloring, is very pleasant to they eye.
Especially during the important scenes lol.

Btw, how come we see skin in this scenes but when they are not piloting the skin parts take the color of their suits?
MonadFeb 29, 2012 2:23 PM
Jan 27, 2012 12:10 PM

Sep 2007
Kind of disappointed that they turned Madoka into one of those one track minded happy-go-lucky morons who just happens to have the natural instinct to fight.... in a very terrible way. At least Lan is totally awesome.
Jan 27, 2012 1:28 PM
Mar 2010
Jan 28, 2012 5:56 AM

Jan 2011
I'm curious about the legend.
OP is awesome as always.
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Jan 28, 2012 9:46 AM

Nov 2010
Wasabi said:
Kind of disappointed that they turned Madoka into one of those one track minded happy-go-lucky morons who just happens to have the natural instinct to fight.... in a very terrible way. At least Lan is totally awesome.

We ain't seen nothing yet on this girl. Again, better than a dozen emo protag pilots.
I play, the haters lose.
Jan 28, 2012 1:18 PM

Jul 2009
Monad said:
This show is fun because the main girl has a funny strong loud personality and the other girl is cute and nice. Her bigger sister is cool too. That alien guy isn't very sympathetic though and am not talking about the ones they where fighting with.

Also i love the art and technical department. Nice artwork and coloring, is very pleasant to they eye.
Especially during the important scenes lol.

I agree with you 100%. The sound department is really nice too. I'm loving the BGM and the seiyuu are doing great work too.
Jan 28, 2012 11:14 PM

May 2011
Dno why but I just love Madoka's MARU! She's looking to be a great char tbh. Still looking forward to seeing Muginami though, I think she's got great potential. Lan is just meh.

Lol Kirius overthinking stuff, she just doesn't know how to fight with robots properly. Poor guys, they don't seem to be bad at all, damnit Madoka just ignored his request lol.

So there are 3 Voxs and they've all got a legend of becoming demons taking over the world!? Hmm very interesting... Well now we know what Lan was scared of.
Jan 29, 2012 4:22 AM
Dec 2007
Really good mecha stuff. Still relying heavily on Madoka though.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Jan 29, 2012 4:55 PM

Nov 2011
For some odd reason, every time I see Madoka does the "MARU" move, I start hearing Ranka saying "kira!" in my head... Oh god I can't get it out of my head now...
Jan 29, 2012 7:16 PM

Nov 2010
frustrated said:
For some odd reason, every time I see Madoka does the "MARU" move, I start hearing Ranka saying "kira!" in my head... Oh god I can't get it out of my head now...

Maru! is the new Kira! :lol:
I play, the haters lose.
Feb 1, 2012 4:51 AM

Aug 2010
I really like this show. It does not try to be more than it is, a decent and well balanced mecha show. I didn't like the song in the middle and that heavy exposition from Lan, but otherwise it was pretty good 4/5.
Feb 3, 2012 10:09 PM

Apr 2010
Ya I am dropping this show. I don't like the story at all, and the opening song is horrible. I like the ending song tho. I just don't like how the story is moving and I HATE how the main character acts. Singing a crappy song while fighting? No thanks. Dropped for good. 2/5 for the episode.
Feb 4, 2012 12:53 AM

Nov 2010
KazukiUchiha said:
Ya I am dropping this show. I don't like the story at all, and the opening song is horrible. I like the ending song tho. I just don't like how the story is moving and I HATE how the main character acts. Singing a crappy song while fighting? No thanks. Dropped for good. 2/5 for the episode.

Shove it hater. You are what you watch... and in your case, I am laughing at your lack of good taste.

OH ROFLMAO RAEGQUIT.
soulassassin547Feb 8, 2012 5:31 PM
I play, the haters lose.
Feb 10, 2012 5:29 PM

Nov 2007
I don't feel the need to drop, but this just isn't that interesting so far. cute girls in big mechas and somehow without training or experience they can fight aliens that look exactly like humans!

oh and the main girl is getting less appealing. maybe the other 2 won't be so generic.

the bad guys don't even seem ..... bad. "hey we don't want to fight. just come to our planet and talk? we don't want trouble" and the girl replies "NO. you guys suck! you messed up peanuts."

what a great diplomat she would make.
Feb 27, 2012 5:15 PM

Sep 2008
WOW!

Did you see how easily Mamiko Noto got access to the building!?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 15, 2012 11:56 AM

Jan 2010
Oh the "woof"~~
Mar 18, 2012 8:56 PM

Dec 2010
Amazing.
Apr 25, 2012 2:39 PM

Feb 2008
Anyone else getting a Kyubei vibe from that butler guy? I seriously don't trust him.
Oct 23, 2012 4:40 PM

Apr 2012
This is one of the few anime where I've actually taken a liking to the main character! Normally I tend to favor supporting characters, but for some odd reason I find Madoka really likable :)

I still find Nakaizumi Youko (Madoka's cousin) to be the most interesting by far though!
Dec 29, 2012 12:48 PM
Jul 2018

Kyaaa. I'm liking Madoka more. :3
removed-userDec 29, 2012 12:53 PM
Jun 16, 2014 9:17 PM

Aug 2013
Team Yuri is up 2-0 against Team BL. Ahh I should stop calling them that but it's the first thing that pops up in my mind whenever I see the two sides fighting.
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
May 12, 2015 12:31 AM

Jul 2008
Solid action in this one but, do these Vox have any weapons? Those would be useful is mech fights.
Jun 17, 2015 7:23 AM

Jun 2013
This is getting really good!
Mar 28, 2019 11:01 PM
Sep 2018
A bit different, this.

Yeah, the butler does seem a bit dicey. Could be that I just finished Log Horizon 2, but there's something about his smile that makes me disinclined to trust him. _Someone_ is being played.

The Legend.
If both cultures share that legend, I'm not so sure about the culture that will field the Voxes despite knowing of it.
I can understand wanting to keep it from coming to pass; the lads may be opposition, but they aren't evil.
That the one deliberately used non-lethal methods demonstrates that.
There's crucial background that hasn't been revealed (like, duh!) concerning the conflict.

And, I can't help but remember the comment from one of the dudes back in Ep 1, about it not looking like a world that had already died once.

Just how old are these cultures, anyway?
Did they develop the Ovids themselves, or are they leftover tech from a previous culture?
The Vox that she bonded with 10 years previously, how long had it been there prior to that, is it left from when Earth was devastated before? Or was it brought by the current bunch?

Just what all did her cousin figure out on her own about all of this?
And how much direction was she giving her as a result of that knowledge over the years?
It's clear that she didn't want her to end up piloting the Ovid, but was she subtly preparing her for it if it actually came to pass?
How does the Jersey Club tie into that; who came up with the idea in the first place?

Note: It was a KHORmine compilation of suplexes in anime that led me to this series. That bit in Ep 1 was perfect, just perfect.
Jun 16, 2020 4:55 PM

Dec 2018
Awwww my lesbian angels was holding hands,,,The lovebirds are so cute together,,YEEEES

And ofc the inferior anime male stuck hes tail between his leg and run away when it become a fair fight Lol. Yeah you better run before my lesbians kicks your damn ass. Imo Lesbian love is superior as always ,,YEES! Great stuff

Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Rinne no Lagrange Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

prismheart - Feb 19, 2012

76 by martiantarhead »»
Oct 6, 2023 3:52 AM

Poll: » Rinne no Lagrange Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Yumekichi11 - Mar 25, 2012

118 by Hyperdude144 »»
Aug 25, 2023 2:23 PM

Poll: » Rinne no Lagrange Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Yumekichi11 - Mar 18, 2012

61 by TheBigGuy »»
Nov 28, 2020 3:25 PM

Poll: » Rinne no Lagrange Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

prismheart - Mar 11, 2012

52 by TheBigGuy »»
Nov 22, 2020 2:01 PM

Poll: » Rinne no Lagrange Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Yumekichi11 - Jan 15, 2012

102 by Yuri-Crusader »»
Jun 16, 2020 3:04 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.