Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Sep 9, 2015 8:08 AM

Feb 2014
I really want the Empire to crush this invasion
Dec 28, 2015 2:44 PM

Oct 2013
Mikiyo said:
What a fucking ridiculous guy is this Fork, I still don't understand how Yang let him gave that ridiculous speech without even let out the oportunity to talk, but then again; his personality is very passive, I wish he could strenght out to stand between all the present admirals, since he has the elements to do so. I'm not even counting out the fact of how smart he is.

But really I wish Fork dies of sifilis in the space. Anyways what incomin intense battle eh? Can't wait for it.

All of this. Though, I find this episode the most boring episode so far. Some interesting conversation, while some where putting me to sleep. Onwards to the next episode.
May 30, 2016 9:54 AM

Aug 2014
"Accusing anyone who questions your ideas, or advises caution of aiding the enemy..That's impolite"
THANK YOU, WHATEVER YOUR NAME IS!!! xD

I swear this Fork guy has the reasoning of a 3 year old. I can't wait to see the look on his face once his plan fails.
Jul 22, 2016 6:59 PM

Apr 2012
My god this show is amazing. I don't find these talky episodes boring in the least; it's more like some HBO drama.

One thing I haven't been able to really follow is Truniht. Here he votes against the deployment but vaguely talks in favour of it beforehand. And a few episodes ago Yang says he stitched him up by assigning him that Greenhill lady. Didn't entirely follow that logic at the time as she seemed very qualified (too many characters to properly keep up with) and there wasn't enough in this episode to draw conclusions from, but I like the nuance.
Nov 6, 2016 9:14 PM

Dec 2014
"This is no time to be intoxicated with cheap humanitarianism."
"Which of us is intoxicated?"

Damn that was satisfying. I hated that smug ass look on her face. Secretary of Treasury didn't get his way either way.

The whole meeting reminded me of those social studies discussions back in high school. That was fun.
Dec 19, 2016 11:58 PM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
for, i dont understand, how can you follow a plan of a "novice"??? The plan is arrive, conquest and wathc :?
Oct 6, 2017 12:46 AM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
"We must try, even if we all die." I don't think that's what every citizen thinks, though... I wonder if these politicians are actually basing their votes off of what the citizens who for them want, or if they're just voting based on their own thoughts and values. I mean considering the low support rating for the council, seems like it's more likely the latter.

Truniht though. What he said in response to the Secretary of Human Resources clearly shows that he was on the side of war, even if he didn't end up voting for it. So calculating.

But yeah, agree with everyone that both meetings in this episode were interesting to watch, even if both meetings had frustrating people talking. Really doesn't show that the FPA is any better than the Empire.
Jan 12, 2018 3:48 AM

Apr 2014
I wish the minor antagonists were a bit more nuanced, but I guess Ford is fine like this too. I think this show can be a bit too tongue in cheek at times, but I think that's part of its charm.
your waifu is shit
Feb 6, 2018 11:01 PM
Nov 2017
I'd like to see Fork take a golden shower just like Rhaegar Targaryen...
Mar 28, 2018 7:33 PM

Mar 2017
It's pretty funny/horrifying looking back and seeing how this exact jingoistic rhetoric was used to justify the Iraq war. The council scene in particular made my blood run cold.

This show is slow but each episode reveals a little more of a universe realized in stunning detail. 12 episodes in, I'm hooked.
Apr 18, 2018 5:32 AM
Sep 2016
There have been officers like Falk in every army that’s ever marched, sailed or flown. In WW1, Douglas Haig didn’t believe that the newly-invented machine gun was as effective as reports showed; 420,000 British and Imperial troops died at the Somme because of that belief. Twenty years later, when the Nazis were invading France, Maurice Gamelin ignored every bit of intelligence passed to him, convinced that no military force could cross the Ardennes region. By the time his superiors had sacked him for being wrong, France was lost. Falk is horribly accurate, and it’s going to give Reinhard a lot of soft targets.

Oh, and the politician calling for war to save her party from electoral defeat was Mrs Windsor. Which is the name of Britain’s current royal house. With the anime’s late 80s release date, this has to be a reference to Maggie Thatcher, whose Prime Ministry was saved by the Falklands War in 1982. When she died in 2013, Twitter was filled with messages like “Ding, Dong, the witch is dead”. The Alliance is in deep, deep trouble.
Aug 29, 2018 2:53 AM

Feb 2017
"It's our great duty to topple despotic governments." Never heard that line from a democratic superpower before.
Nov 22, 2018 10:31 AM

Jan 2013
Fuck Fork, that bitch aint know what he be talking about.

Siding with the Empire on this one although Yang is my boy
Feb 24, 2019 1:49 PM

Aug 2017
I'm just amazed by the fact that this show perfectly captures how disgusting politics is, from both sides. Very relatable in the real world too.

P.S. Kinda sad they didn't show Yang's visit to the Greenhills :-[
St0rmbladeFeb 24, 2019 1:53 PM
Jul 2, 2019 8:13 AM
Mar 2018
I agree with Blackouting in that this episode did not bore me. I tend to enjoy political conferences, and this isn't an exception. It helps that we know the context behind the motives of the characters so far. I enjoy the pacing as it's perfect for world building, too; however, I can't help but want more from it and each character. Time to keep watching..

Oh, and Fork really brought to light what it means to manipulate yourself to power. There's no sympathy, there's no compassion; it's about using the information one has gained to encroach on the minds of the powerful, gain their support, and climb. Well, maybe I'm just reiterating what the show visualized for us, but I understand why his plan got the majority vote. Of course if the citizens heard word for word, it would be a different scenario.. And a majority are anti-war already.

Before caring about populace of another society, work on enhancing your own society from within. Though, nothing comes easy.. So far I give this show an 8/10.
Aug 24, 2019 7:52 PM

Jun 2019
That council woman and Fork are the embodiment of every liberal-interventionist ideologue utter fanatic and jackass ever. They even referred to prolonging the war with the new offensive as a "crusade". It's exactly how the "let's bomb to spread liberal democracy at gunpoint" crowd thinks, like the Christian crusaders answering some holy call. It's just a secularized version.

I'm not rooting for either side not because of the system of government of either at home, but because both, at least at this point, seem rabidly and cravenly expansionist.

After this episode the Alliance plutocrats come off worse though so I'm pulling for a decisive Galactic defensive victory. Ideally it wouldn't embolden them too much either, but if the invading forces get trounced, it could lead to domestic unrest and fall of the government which would be delicious.

Oct 22, 2019 4:34 AM

Oct 2012
I feel like seeing real life politicians debating
It feels so real and so disgusting

Can't wait for the rebels defeat, it's obvious the empire is going to win this
Hopefully Yang can avoid total defeat

Pretty cool buildup for the first "real war" between Yang and Reinhard
"Signature removed"
Nov 5, 2020 2:05 AM

Jul 2016
St0rmblade said:
I'm just amazed by the fact that this show perfectly captures how disgusting politics is, from both sides. Very relatable in the real world too.

P.S. Kinda sad they didn't show Yang's visit to the Greenhills :-[

This show really does do a great job of making both sides seem equally likable and detestable.
Apr 4, 2021 7:20 PM
May 2020
30 million troops and 200,000 ships. the alliance aren't playing. but this all looks like a desperate whim on the political part's side. things are gonna get big
Apr 10, 2021 2:50 PM

Feb 2012
2021 Rewatch

Love this episode, the scene with all the politicians especially. The alliance has a lack of skilled workers handling civilian affairs because the military takes all the best people (it's also why Yang got stuck in a jam at the beginning of the episode), and of course, they're the drain on the economy due to the war effort.

Zealots who'd want to "spread democracy" to the empire vs those who'd push for short term peace because they already got Iserlohn. Love it...

Pitting the unrealistic plan of Ford, who wants to make a name for himself vs Yang, who's done it but doesn't flaunt it. Ugh, he'd really thinks the citizens of the empire wold just join in and help them if they invade.

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Jul 9, 2021 1:30 PM

Jun 2020
"bro trus me we guna invade dem n dey wil b freeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee 🤪🤪🤪🤪🤪"

never heard that before...
Beatnik said:
Wow, Fork really pulled a Bush admin stance in that meeting, eh?

"You're either with this utterly retarded plan or you hate freedom!"

How unbelieveble that this cheesy 80's anime character's speech was still more coherent than anything that President babbled at the world.
aixelsyd said:
The conference basically pointed out every stupid thing that was done in the U.S. in the previous administration, especially, in regards to inflation and how the war severely damaged our economy, and why such a senseless war such as the 'War on Terror' was ever fought. Too bad Legend of the Galactic Heroes wasn't super popular in the U.S. before that time. Maybe more people would have been able to see the strings being pulled other than those falsely labeled as mere crackpots and conspiracy theorists.

But the accuracy of how it describes the politics in my own country amazes me, but I suppose that is because while the players and the circumstances change, the logic and the tactics don't.
Tsukaji said:
Oh my, if I didn't know that this was made it the 80's, I would suspect that they are parodying USA's war on terror. Is Fork going to rename Yang cookies to Freedom cookies in the next episode?\
1inaforest said:
It's pretty funny/horrifying looking back and seeing how this exact jingoistic rhetoric was used to justify the Iraq war.
shit fr hits 2 close 2 home 😬😬😬😬
HoodKublaiKhanJul 9, 2021 2:04 PM
Dec 14, 2021 9:07 AM
Nov 2020
the Alliance is just as screwed up as the Empire. Yang and Reinhard are going to face each other again,
Jan 28, 2022 10:39 AM

Aug 2017
They make Fork more obviously stupid here. I prefer the remake design.

All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Apr 4, 2022 10:39 AM

Dec 2007
with yang wondering the FPA government vs imperial system and all the political discussion here, it made me wonder loudly what would happen in communism in LotGH. it would be crazy lol.

folk is maybe the stupidest soldier in this anime so far.
if i were the imperial i would known they will send the forces from the fortress, so i would send my forces in the phezzis direction around them and firing them from back.

at any rate the next war going to be the greatest so far.

oh, and truniht is probably the best politician here lol.
Aug 29, 2022 12:15 PM
Feb 2019
Earth is mentioned for the first time, and it makes me sad that this kind of war has to go on in this way even if it is clearly for those who see of course that it is not the best choice, but I guess it is well written what it seems to be the human nature just like in real life.
Nov 13, 2022 4:24 PM

May 2018
I love anticipating the deaths of millions BWAHAHAHHA
Jan 4, 2023 4:57 AM

Aug 2018
Fork really is not the brightest mind in the room but maybe he will have some sort of development or at least interesting moments

The 30 million troop powerhouse of the alliance looks promising but it might go down badly in an instant

Nice episode looks like the main battle is about to happen
Apr 3, 2023 8:48 AM
Jan 2018
Think quickly: your enemy is planning a mass attack in your government, what you do? 
Choose someone experienced to command the defense and uses full force to defend your government.
Choose a novice just because you don't like him and wants him to fail.

Of course the two politicians of the empire choose the second option, isn't that if he fails your government will fall... Right? This just makes zero sense. This is the so well acclaimed Legend of the Galactic Heroes? With this level of script? Ok then...
May 22, 2023 9:55 AM
Dec 2021
ok episode, the government debate was interesting and sensibly written. The end has me hyped up as hell.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 100 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tainteddonut - Jun 6, 2008

82 by ryzxgum »»
11 hours ago

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 99 Discussion ( 1 2 )

58 by ryzxgum »»
11 hours ago

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 98 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

136 by ryzxgum »»
11 hours ago

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 55 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tainteddonut - May 31, 2008

83 by ELuck42 »»
Yesterday, 10:59 AM

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 94 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tainteddonut - Jun 5, 2008

63 by ryzxgum »»
Yesterday, 12:13 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.