Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
May 7, 2019 6:07 AM
Jul 2013
Kitsu-nee said:
Gotta love how everyone (excluding Satou, of course) basically got their happy endings right away - reuniting with their families, being forgiven, getting engaged, woohoo! Because that's how real life works xD This felt more like PSA than anything, but mmmkay.

Hopefully it get's better than that, because this arc was awful and unrealistic :|

Well I don't see it that way. They didn't get a happy ending, they got a promise of one.
After the dust settles and they come back to everyday lives, that's when it really plays out, and I'd like the show to come back upon at least one of the group.
Jul 26, 2019 10:26 AM

Jul 2016
Ah shit, now I'm scared about what happened to the mom...
Aug 30, 2019 6:28 AM
Aug 2018
wow that was so deep. wow
Oct 8, 2019 7:15 AM

May 2016
Damn some of the writing has really disappointed me in this middle bit, with certain set-ups (like the exact cause of the discord between Satou and Misaki, and just what Misaki originally did so wrong (other than her house being on a hill, and her witholding information about herself--which Satou already knew) that warranted all the following, or Satou weirdly raising his fist for some forced reason--despite that mannerism/reaction not fitting his character at all--just to set up a part of Misaki's character, and then doing it repeatedly like three times--after seeing the obviously terrible reaction it caused from her...) and conclusions (an offer of marriage really being the/a great answer to Hitomi's obviously very deep-rooted issues, or the way too simply-written and cliché turnarounds for the other suicidal characters) really rubbing me the wrong way.

Can't help be sad that this didn't keep as perfect as it started for me, but that's an unfair expectation I guess. :( The comedy still worked though (dark comedy is always great, and this "group suicide" arc reminded me a lot of the similarly hilarious one in Paranoia Agent), and while the overall execution of this arc let me down, I did still very much appreciate its themes and ideas, and I had no issue with the core plot points themselves. Oh and it ended pretty nicely too.

Hoping it picks back up from these 4 or so episodes though. I really want this show to become a favourite for me, because it definitely can.
ZaugrOct 8, 2019 7:25 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 30, 2019 11:47 PM
Jul 2016
Please tell me Satou did not just try to punch a girl. What kind of fked up reaction is that???

That aside, Misaki wants Satou alive because she found a worse human being than her?

THAT'S ALSO FKED UP.
Feb 3, 2020 10:37 AM

Mar 2016
This is the end of a depressing arc, everyone gets to go back to their life, better than the life they live before this incident. Parents coming to an understanding and long gone family giving yet another chance of getting back together. All is well... Except for Sato, nothing really changed. EXCEPT! He got a valuable understanding about Misaki. She's hiding her past, a past which made her cower in fear if she ever saw a fist being raised above herself. Some form of PTSD maybe?

Well, at the very least, Sato is back home...

If I heard that right, isn't that alarm on Sato's mother's side sound a lot like an earthquake/tsunami alarm? Well, that's for another ep, an ep by the name 'Welcome to Reality' A realm harsher than 'Paradise'

Mar 22, 2020 10:59 AM

Oct 2013
Another powerful episode. Hitomi's boyfriend was very awesome and generous. He was a true MVP of this episode. Satou acted like an asshole towards mostly Yamazaki but Misaki as well to be honest.

Misaki, as expected, also suffers from mental problems. She must've had really bad memories, that's why she started to panic when Satou raised his handStand. Maybe she was a victim of domestic abuse?

My main problem with this episode is that everything ended so well and idealistic that it might be called as unrealistic garbage. I wish many people who oar won a verge of committing suicide had opportunity to not only change their decision, but meet a good person and be able to witness the change in their life right after deciding simply to keep being alive and just live on.

That last scene was kinda mysterious and grim.
AdnashMar 22, 2020 11:49 AM
Jun 5, 2020 2:59 AM
Nov 2017
I just wish that the two girls had a longer conversation with sato
I mean they drove him to suicide
I just feel that the side characters apologies were more honest than hitomi and Misaki
Because of that I really hated this episode
Let’s hope that later on the show they gonna talk about what they did to him
Mar 20, 2021 9:04 AM

Nov 2018
Okay , the anime seems completely ruined right now , can we go back to the time it wasn't all about cheap drama?
I hate everyone equally
Apr 9, 2021 1:47 AM

Aug 2018
Nice to see a happy ending after all that suicide bullshit, but it seems like things are worse for Sato now than they were before. He now lost Hitomi, how sad.

Apr 11, 2021 10:07 AM

May 2020
Poor Misaki she must been hardly abused since a little Must Protect Her at All Cost

🅳🅴🅻🅸🆅🅴🆁🅸🅴🆂

“Spring will be here soon.
Spring, the season I met you, is coming.
A spring without you...
...is coming.”
― Kosei Arima

Apr 22, 2021 5:58 PM

Jun 2015
Fucking cheap cliffhanger!
They better have a good reason for Misaki's mysteriousness.
May 13, 2021 2:00 AM
Feb 2021
Mar 19, 2022 2:05 AM
Aug 2021
I think that they pushed it too far with the happy ending for the rest of the off meeting people. It felt unrealistic. But it makes you feel bad for Sato as he didn't really have a fallback like the rest of them. He's the one who felt lonely. That bg music amplified that feeling. It's odd how Sato immediately forgave Hitomi but he almost hits Misaki. Honestly both Hitomi and Misaki's apologies didn't feel that genuine to me. Misaki's reason for being mysterious better be a good one.(she definitely has a traumatic past).

Right after the suicide arc there's a mmorpg arc which could go wrong in all kinds of ways. I hope Sato's mom is alright.
-Facktack-Mar 19, 2022 2:12 AM
Mar 31, 2022 10:55 AM
Nov 2020
Wait wtf just happened at the last
Jun 5, 2022 11:19 PM
Apr 2021
Ni_Go_Zero_Ichi said:
Okay, this whole suicide arc has just pissed me right off. When someone wants to kill themselves so much that they make a commitment to it, you're not gonna turn them around just by being all like "Oh, but you have loved ones!" Maybe - MAYBE - one person, but sure as hell not FIVE of them. More than likely, if you've decided to kill yourself you don't give a flying fuck about your so-called "loved ones" - in fact, a lot of people want them to suffer as much as possible, for neglecting them or ignoring their feelings when they were alive. And I hate how it's basically all like "Well, you didn't kill yourself. Congratulations! Now your family accepts you again." It's not fucking like that. You may get a brief period of coddling if you try something like that, but before long everyone will be treating you like shit just like they were before - maybe even worse. This whole deal has been just a maddening cop-out from the writer. It would've been far more effective if even one person had actually gone through with it and the other characters had been forced to observe or deal with the ramifications. As it is, it's hard to take it seriously when its portrayal of the suicidal mindset is so inaccurate.

However, I did like the unreveal (not the right term for it, but whatever) at the end. The buildup suggesting that Sato's mom would reveal something tragic or shocking... only to find out at the last second that it's about his allowance. That was amusing. Hopefully this series gets back on track before the end.

It was actually hilarious to me that Hitomi, who was driven to SUICIDE by the neglect of her boyfriend, is so ready to jump back into his arms the moment he says lets get married. It might be a week, a month or a year but hes going to go back to treating her like she doesnt exist. Its only a matter of time.

Anyway, shes a total piece of shit so she deserves the unhappiness anyway.
KineticzxJun 5, 2022 11:40 PM
Aug 28, 2022 9:49 PM

May 2015
My man can't catch a break
Oct 12, 2022 9:45 PM

Sep 2017
another cliffhanger.

well yamazaki's comicon lol rip. also misaki has like abusive parents or sommething.

the floorcleaner was rude but pretty insightful.

Without change,we end up becoming the very person we hate.

I was dead until the moment I met you. I was a powerless corpse pretending to be alive. Living without power, without the ability to change my course, was bound to lead me to a slow death.

Jan 25, 2023 11:54 PM
Nov 2022
bruh how did everyone know. even the fuckin janitor. like, why would u tell everyone. also his kid showing up, contrived. eh
Sep 14, 2023 11:16 PM

Feb 2020
this ep made the last one feel a lot better
had a few tears in my eyes towards the end

nice episodee

Oct 19, 2023 4:03 PM

Sep 2017
What happened? Wtf happened???
خ
Apr 19, 3:33 AM
Jul 2020
really awesome episode
May 22, 9:30 PM
Jan 2020
Mf was more mad than Misaki than that bitch, tf is wrong with this dude
Jun 2, 10:52 PM

Feb 2021
The moment we see Satou get mad and about to hit on Misaki, we see how she gets startled and afraid. We can now see more about her character, and it seems she must have had some trauma from child abuse when she was younger. This could explain why she said such a statement to Satou in the last episode. It's possible her lectures are not just to help him, but herself as well.

Also, shoutout to the janitor explaining to them when they returned from the island that one is an idiot when wanting to throw away the lives their parents have created and that such idiots would end up in hell. This man was really spitting facts, and I'm glad he gave out his speech on how suicide doesn't just affect themselves but the many surroundings as well.

I'm also glad to see the old guy reunite with his kid, saying his mother wants to start things over. This just shows that even at your lowest point, you can't give up and end yourself. You never know what great changes could eventually happen to you.

I also liked the small moment when Satou went to Misaki at the park for her to say she's glad he's back home and feels the same way.

But... DANG! THE CLIFFHANGER THOUGH!!! ALLOWANCE CUT IN HALF!!!! :O
Yes, I still have candies since I'm sugar addicted:

Jun 9, 12:37 AM

Jan 2022
Why was Sato about to hit Misaki multiple times? That was crazy. I wonder if her grandmother/aunt/mom or whoever she's usually with physically abuses her bc that isn't a very common reaction.

Rough that no one from Sato's family went to go see him. Yamazaki is also a dick for blaming Sato about the failure of the games sold, which doesn't make sense because he woke up past noon. At the beach everyone was like we should be grateful to Sato bc he saved our lives, but the doctor failure project was like I'm never gonna see you again instead of being like we are friends now.

I hope his mom is okay bc he's already been through so much
This never updates so that's cool
Jul 24, 9:37 AM
Jul 2024
Man this just breaks me apart
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » NHK ni Youkoso! Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

DarkBlue - Feb 7, 2008

325 by MishterMann17 »»
Sep 15, 11:42 AM

Poll: » Best Hikikomori/NEET

tsubagakure - Sep 8

11 by Shadow_Master8 »»
Sep 12, 12:02 PM

Poll: » NHK ni Youkoso! Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Jun 2, 2017

650 by dark_wolf1000 »»
Sep 8, 7:23 AM

Poll: » NHK ni Youkoso! Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

DarkBlue - Feb 6, 2008

220 by peykov »»
Sep 2, 11:56 AM

Poll: » NHK ni Youkoso! Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

kie_ - Sep 5, 2008

188 by AngelFlash »»
Sep 2, 1:08 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.