Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Mar 2, 2014 5:17 AM

Oct 2013
Damn so many negative posts here!
I loved the episode. So many damn feels. Man, I hope we're done with Hitomi, what a screwed up bitch. The dude she's with is in for a rollercoaster ride of marriage lol.
I can't understand wtf is wrong with Satou, even if he's taking out his Hitomi heartbreak on Misaki-chan it's totally wrong and unfair, made me hate him this episode and actually want him to throw some more of his life away on MMOs lol, but I hope he'll turn around soon. The tadaima was a good start. Really wonder what the cliffhanger is about. "Cliffhanger", really :p after the last few episodes... lol.
Mar 14, 2014 4:33 AM

Nov 2013
I wanted Satou to be explain how he never intended to go there to commit suicide and I wanted the others to think him for basically saving him so that Satou could get some confidence and better him self like i thought he was going to do while he was on the island =/ I just want to see Satou happy and break out of his shell
Mar 27, 2014 12:11 PM

Apr 2013
Damnit xD

I really wanted the others to know he mistakenly joined trip xD

Oh and I really liked that "happy ending"
Well... with the exception of Yamazaki's failed attempt to sell his trial game xD

LOL
"Are you alive? Satou-san!"

Oh and that was a really cute "Welcome home" from Misaki :)

OMG that cliffhanger
duderusMar 27, 2014 12:19 PM

Apr 13, 2014 4:10 PM

Feb 2013
I hate that bitch, Hitomi. She treated Satou as if he's a "crying shoulder".
She took Satou with her to a suicide pact but when her problems are solved, she just throw aside Satou-san like garbage.
To think that I actually liked Hitomi when she was introduced.

"And if, there were so many people in the world, there had to be someone living an interesting life that wasn't ordinary. I was sure of it. Why wasn't that person me?"
- The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya Part V
[/center]
May 18, 2014 3:49 AM

Oct 2013
wonder if he gets into this rpg
"Urushibara Ruka. The mannerisms and voice of a woman... No... More feminine than any woman. But he's a guy. Taller than Mayuri, but so very thin... But he's a guy. Looks great in a miko outfit... But he's a guy. It's already twilight And yet, it's so hot. The cicadas are crying. But... He's a guy."
Jun 2, 2014 12:46 AM
Jun 2014
"guess it wouldn't hurt"(dub) HAHAHAHAHAHA
Jul 8, 2014 12:02 AM

Jun 2012
Yeah just think if Hitomi left with a cool line like "It's not a conspiracy", just think how much that would have saved Satou.

Aug 3, 2014 3:36 AM

Aug 2013
Hmmm this episode feels a little sadder than the last one for me.
It really hurts when Satou said "Be happy.. Senpai" life is cruel in a way.
Yeah she should be sorry.. she dragged Satou into all of this because of her own issues.
Satou tried his best to change for his Senpai.. but she was thinking of another guy the whole time.
In the end what did he get ? Nothing even changed for Satou.. things just got worse in my opinion.
Everyone goes back to their loved ones while Satou returns to his miserable life with a broken heart.
You can really see the difference and the pain he goes through.
Ohh.. his mum's telephone call was unexpected.
Aug 10, 2014 5:38 PM

Jun 2013
Great episode but i was so ANGRY when Sato came close to hitting Misaki!
Aug 18, 2014 2:01 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
I didn't like Misaki at first, but after this episode she's just a sweet angel. She's been looking after Satou every day, and he just treats her coldly.

Satou's allowance is going to be reduced. Well Satou, it's time to find a job. His mother probably did that so that he can stop being a NEET, and because she probably knows about the suicide event. After all she can tell when Satou is lying.

Sep 15, 2014 2:49 AM

Oct 2013
poor Misaki
that phone call at the end sounded terrible I hope it not what I think it is
[/quote]
Oct 26, 2014 2:18 PM

Dec 2013
What the hell, such an anticlimatic ending..
Dec 21, 2014 6:11 PM

Aug 2014
Interesting episode. I liked the song they played towards the end. I wonder what he's gonna do without his parents money.
Dec 27, 2014 8:49 PM

Oct 2013
frog8986 said:
You would think that the last episode would make a person emotional but for me it really hit with this one. It’s just a person goes through all of that, and everyone else there has a support network of some sort to fall back on, to give them reason to go on but all Satou has to go back to is a friend that bitches at him and a girl that proclaims need for him for no other reason to make her feel reasserted about the comparative crappyness of her life. I think it makes things worse for him by that fact that he is falling in love with her, in spite of the fact that he fights it as much as he can. It just becomes a fuel source for his paranoia and his overwhelming sense of enviable failure. Then the last part is just the cherry on top with his mother.

I guess what comes next is the retreat in to the fantasy world of online gaming, oh joy. This guy better fix himself by the end of the show or I’m going to knife someone btw

real af, though the last episode hit me just as hard. Still, I can only imagine how depressed I would've been in Satou's position. It's funny because he was so excited to leave with Hitomi, and this is what came of it.

Misaki was... I don't even have words. Every time she reeled back because she thought Satou was going to hit her, I wanted to hug her so hard. .__. seeing abuse victims with PTSD resonates so hard with me. Even the way she interacted with Satou was some mixture of adorable and pathetic.

Still, Satou can't be blamed for being so pissed at her. It's no wonder he's still falling for her; she really is a sweet angel who doesn't even understand what she's done wrong, but she remains still a disgustingly condescending stalker who's using him to bandage her own insecurity.

the drama these last few eps is killin' me. Next episode better kick up the comedy again.

On another note, as an old player, the Final Fantasy XI reference made me giddy. and y'all thought it was a WoW reference... smh play more JRPGs.
ZadionDec 27, 2014 9:01 PM

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Feb 1, 2015 12:38 AM

Sep 2014
What a cliffhanger ending. Then I come to this thread and see people talking about allowance being cut, wtf? Then I go back and listen to the dub and the mom says she's going to cut his allowance in half, but in the Japanese version, you just hear an ambulance voice and just Satou saying "No way, are you serious? This can't be..."
Feb 12, 2015 8:28 AM

Jan 2014
The two of them are the same. Pathetic and sweet, strong and weak, they need each other. No matter what her reason might be, his won't be much different. Nobody's is much different. Satou, give in to your feelings already! Arghhh -.-

And this whole thing about depression and suicide... I think Satou's situation is the worst one. Just because he doesn't even have a reason. To die, nor to live. His life is almost... um empty. He wasn't even there to die, but he ended up agreeing on it. He didn't even care. Still doesn't. What can be worse? I don't know. I wanted to say how I'd recommend this to anyone who's been in a similar situation, depressed and stuff. But to be honest, this made even me feel worse, even though I haven't really been through something like that. I don't know. This will end on a happy note, there's no doubt. Even so, it's really painful to watch this show.
Jun 13, 2015 5:40 PM

Jun 2013
I'm glad Satou finally had the balls to put Misaki in her place. I watched this episode in both the dub and sub, and the dub was actually more powerful. It was also interesting how he called Misaki a bitch and stuff in the dub but in the sub he was much tamer.

Maybe now he will stop letting Misaki use him, but I doubt it.

Also Hitomi is literally the worst.
ex_necrossJun 13, 2015 5:44 PM
Jul 5, 2015 8:29 PM

May 2014
This episode was fantastic. Everyone realized they had a reason to live and people who cared for them. The insert song was absolutely perfect as Satou took the train home. Glad he's back in the park with Misaki too :)
Also that janitor who called them idiots reminds me of the cool old guy in like every Mamoru Hosoda film ^_^
~ The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
Jul 6, 2015 12:31 AM

May 2012
damnit lol, if i was watching this when it aired that cliffhanger would have pissed me off so much lol

very sad episode, minor feels lol
Jul 18, 2015 10:40 AM

Apr 2013
Hitomi is a bitch.
Oct 10, 2015 12:03 AM
Apr 2015
What NHK taught me: If you try to commit suicide you will be reunited with your family.
Oct 25, 2015 1:56 AM
Nov 2014
A calm episode after that dramatic last episode, nice change of mood.
Nov 13, 2015 12:25 PM

Feb 2012

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Nov 20, 2015 12:47 AM

Dec 2013
Misaki has daddy issues?
Dec 8, 2015 7:13 AM

Jan 2014
Very interesting episode. After the last one I took a break, because it was all just too melodramatic and felt like going back to square one, but this episode brought quite a few twists.

First of all Satou literally saved everyone, yet himself draws the shortest straw. Everyone knows this, but appart from the kid, no one actually goes as far as to acknowledge this, and Satou himself keeps quiet about it too.

Hitomi who clearly got the best deal, looks awfully unhappy, still very much attached to Satou, and not merely because she feels guilty about dragging him into this. I'm still getting the feeling she is with Jogosaki because he's the ideal man in society's eyes, and she thinks that conforming to the traditional image of a succesfull woman will make her happy.

Finally Satou does seem to be improving a lot. He got happy, then sad, then angry, which is a lot better than apathetic. However, there is a downside to it too, which is that he doesn't know how to deal with it. He is actually becoming the guy Hitomi wrote about as Hana-Hana.

karasawa said:
It was good, but I still can't believe how cold he's being to Misaki.

I can. She basically confessed to seeing him as a pile of shit, and subsequently using him as an example of a pile of shit, to make herself feel better. She might need him, but not exactly in a flattering way. Morally, she's ten times worse than Hitomi.
"I'm a middle schooler bartender!"
- Mishima Hitomi
Dec 19, 2015 6:03 AM

Oct 2015
Nice, touching ending to the "OFF" arc. Showing the effect on the families brought the whole message of these few episodes home. Plus the black suicide-related comedy was so cutting they needed to balance it out with a little bit of seriousness.
Dec 19, 2015 9:26 AM

Oct 2012
Insert song hit me like a ton of bricks. A much more serious and mellow episode from the usual as it seems like we're finally going to be delving into these characters a bit more, especially Misaki, so this shift in tone is both welcome and natural.

Gotta feel for Satou man. As even though he's been portrayed as a naive, pathetic, idiot for the majority of the series, this episode manages to highlight that he really has nothing and it isn't hard at all to understand why he acted and acts the way he does.
Jan 20, 2016 11:24 AM

Aug 2012
Interesting episode, especially dat mom cliffhanger ending.

I don't really get that much why Satou's so pissed at Misaki. Sure, she called him a worse human being than her, but she did try to help him, I guess.

I really didn't like his violent mood swings either; hitting (physically) on a girl is a no no.

Mar 7, 2016 5:18 PM

Aug 2014
Sad episode, poor Misaki seems she had a hard life at some point.
Mar 23, 2016 8:14 AM

Aug 2014
Misaki x Sato is the best! But dat ending...what happened?
May 1, 2016 11:53 AM

Jul 2015
Wtf was wrong with satou this episode, testing how Misaki is scared of being hit is fucked up
Jun 10, 2016 5:12 AM

Jan 2016
I feel like I'm watching Sword Art Online right now.

Oh god, I felt so bad for Misaki when she was abandoned at the meetings twice in a row and he stopped showing up....Satou, you idiot.

Great, now Misaki's going to try and help him, and he's going to get all pissed and defensive because he's sought proactive shelter in this fantasy world, right? I sense a telling Misaki off scene. :/
Aug 16, 2016 4:03 PM

Mar 2016
Satou trying to hit Misaki was funny af lmao.
Aug 20, 2016 6:28 AM

Jan 2013
Lmao he is actually asking 3000 yen for a trial of his game ... thats 26 euro / 29 dollars
Even fully released indie games dont ask that much lol

Guessing his father is in the hospital, or dead already.

Satou is fcked up, toying with Misaki while she clearly showed that she didnt like it and probably had some horrible memories of someone hittng her.
Sep 8, 2016 6:58 PM

Sep 2013
This was a good story arc, but I'm kind of glad it's over. I want to see more of Satou's counseling sessions.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
Sep 10, 2016 9:27 AM

Sep 2016
Hyunckel said:
Interesting episode, especially dat mom cliffhanger ending.

I don't really get that much why Satou's so pissed at Misaki. Sure, she called him a worse human being than her, but she did try to help him, I guess.

I really didn't like his violent mood swings either; hitting (physically) on a girl is a no no.

Agreed. after last episode and this one, really annoyed at satou. Wtf raising his fist not once but twice to misaki even after her reactions, total asshole. She even came to stop him from committing suicide and was worried, he shows no concern for her after at the hotel. Plus he never apologizes. I know hes a hikikmori and has major emotional and social issues but seems to have major violent anger issues on top of that, what a selfish psycho ass. I don't even understand his fixation with hitomi. He went to hs with her and seems they were just friends who clung together because they were kinda outcasts, no real romantic interactions at all. He hasnt seen her for 4 years, meets her randomly in the city once and hes got all hung on her. Seems like he thought through her, he could save himself but the whole satou-hitomi relationship is really the only issue i have with show.
hammy82Sep 10, 2016 2:14 PM
Sep 10, 2016 12:55 PM
Aug 2014
hammy82 said:

Agreed. after last episode and this one, really annoyed at satou. Wtf raising his fist not once and twice to misaki even after her reactions, total asshole.

While i couldnt agree more what an asshole Satou is here i would like to mention that ,considering the emotional state hes in, his actions are very believable. You cant always sympathize with Satou or the show would suffer from it, he really is a human failure after all and sometimes has to do stuff that the viewer doesnt agree with
Nov 27, 2016 6:34 AM

Aug 2015
That's the most badass cliffhanger i have seen in my life.
Liking traps is gay and liking Lolis is Pedophila.
Come at me bruh!
Nov 29, 2016 4:11 AM

Mar 2013
Sorry but I was laughing hard when Sato raises his fist up and then down then up and then down at Misaki :v

Wow, the girls in the series are one hell of bitches, aren't they? Couldn't feel an ounce of sympathy towards them.

That cliffhanger tho... the poor guy doesn't have any rest in the life.
Jan 8, 2017 3:53 PM

Jun 2013
Yeah... I'm still left with apathy. This whole suicide arc has been a hot mess, in my opinion.

I understand that Satou is angry with Misaki, but why threaten her with violence? I'll admit I laughed at that moment, because he actually did it twice and poor Misaki cowered with fear both times, but that was not cool. And then he pretends as if Kashiwa didn't do anything wrong. I guess Kashiwa at least apologized if nothing else.

Misaki's welcome would probably have been sweet, but I was busy having a bad time with the episode to really enjoy it. She also apologized, and I was more inclined to forgive her. Also, as she is implied to have gone through some traumatic experiences, I sincerely hope her backstory won't be teased any longer. It's been long overdue anyway.

I hated that old man at the hot spring. He had some really fucked priorities.

Also, I thought when a person attempts suicide, they're normally held by emergency psychiatry services until the risk is eliminated. Kashiwa and Satou definitely tried to jump. Oh well.
LeeTailorJan 8, 2017 4:18 PM
Mar 31, 2017 9:40 AM

Feb 2013
Satou was the only one who left home alone, that was sad.
At least he and Misaki are on good terms again, I think she was abused by her father or something like that.
May 29, 2017 5:40 PM

Dec 2015
Don't tell me something happened to his mother...
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Jun 13, 2017 5:55 PM

May 2013
Ohnoesssss, ambulance sounds D:>

I'm glad the "Suicide Squad" all got their journey to a happy ending
Jun 15, 2017 2:54 AM

Jan 2010
ohh bloody cliffhangers... :o i wanna go make something to eat lol
i'm so curious of what happened...

but anyway satou acts a bit like a dick around misaki but i think he's gonna get on better terms with her. i wish he'd stop being an idiot, i met women who did me worse things than stalking me, lol

5/5...this is on the course of getting a 9 or a 10 from me so great job producers! it's kinda on the same wavelength as cowboy bebop so far
Sayonara,papa!

"Just how a mirror reflects you,people will also reflect your heart."
~Athena Glory,Aria

"Whatever happens,happens"
~Spike Spiegel's thoughts on dying(Cowboy Bebop)
Aug 14, 2017 9:11 PM

Mar 2015
I mean it was sad... especially since we're kind of hinted that MIsaki was abused by her father or something. I love how it concluded despite last episode's suicide cop-out being kind of ridiculous. Since after watching 13 Reasons Why, I felt like this kind of suicide cop-out kind of ridiculous as their reason in the first place is rather stupid. Although it's understandable why they stopped killing themselves since the reason they're dying for is stupid.

Still love the way the story goes though.

Nov 8, 2017 9:26 AM

Apr 2015
Oh my god, Sato was about to hit Misaki and she had some kind of traumatic flashback.

"You little bitch!" Dude, that's not okay!

It seems like somehow Sato is getting the vacation he had hoped for when he left with his senpai with all of them going to the hotel. Not that he deserves it for treating Misaki like that.

"You don't have to become a doctor...I don't care..." Okay, that resolves that problem. But would his mother really feel the same if her son hadn't tried to kill himself and simply didn't want to be a doctor?

Real money trading seems like a really easy way to get cash...if you've got a natural skill in games. I don't. Wouldn't work for me. :(

Going to suicide island really turned around the lives of some of these people...er, isn't that sort of a dangerous moral? "Hey, if you attempt suicide but don't go through with it, everyone will pay attention to you again and your life will get better"? Then again, Sato hasn't managed to turn around yet...maybe that's specifically to avoid the risk of that moral being pushed on the audience.

I was glad that Sato decided to meet up with Misaki at the end...however, he seriously needs to stop yelling at her and making her cower like a scared puppy. And he should apologize for calling her a little bitch.

"We're going to have to cut your allowance...in half." *"Crawling" by Linkin Park plays in Sato's head as he feels the world collapse around him*
"No, son, you may not have your body pillow at the dinner table!"
Aug 16, 2018 3:57 PM

Aug 2007
This episode is a really good one too. If only because of the context that everyone had someone to fall back on... Sure Satou has Yamazaki and Misaki, but they dip out as soon as they realize he's alive. It sends such a strong message to him that he is actually worthless...

I guess I really feel for him. Because after my suicide attempt, it was sorta similar. People initially were upset, but pretended it never happened. I didn't have some life changing occurrence after it happened. The funny thing is that life got WORSE. Way worse for about eight solid years. I was in an abusive relationship and struggled through college and even seriously planned three or four more times to die. It was an absolute nightmare :/

Of course this is no ones fault except my abuser and his family since I was pretty much secluded from anyone but them... but. I don't know. Things like video game releases definitely kept me living for one more day or one more week.... one more month, one more year... until I graduated and found a career. I became someone that could be proud of and broke out of that cycle myself.

I guess that's why I don't judge people's reactions when they are clearly depressed and fucked? It's such a hard topic to speak about without relating your own experiences and admitting how pathetic you were or currently are. It takes a lot to reach out and find your own support group when you don't have one.

Sep 7, 2018 11:45 PM

Mar 2017
That happy ending felt really unnatural and forced... and Misaki can fuck right off. I also don't know how I feel about a silly MMORPG arc right after the freaking SUICIDE arc. I hope this series picks up the ball that it dropped a couple episodes ago and becomes great again. Because right now I am pissed off more than anything.

It's now resting at a 7/10 for me, with potential to get a higher or lower rating.
Oct 29, 2018 9:16 AM

May 2010
Gotta love how everyone (excluding Satou, of course) basically got their happy endings right away - reuniting with their families, being forgiven, getting engaged, woohoo! Because that's how real life works xD This felt more like PSA than anything, but mmmkay.

Hopefully it get's better than that, because this arc was awful and unrealistic :|
May 7, 2019 5:50 AM
Jul 2013
frog8986 said:
You would think that the last episode would make a person emotional but for me it really hit with this one. It’s just a person goes through all of that, and everyone else there has a support network of some sort to fall back on, to give them reason to go on but all Satou has to go back to is a friend that bitches at him and a girl that proclaims need for him for no other reason to make her feel reasserted about the comparative crappyness of her life. I think it makes things worse for him by that fact that he is falling in love with her, in spite of the fact that he fights it as much as he can. It just becomes a fuel source for his paranoia and his overwhelming sense of enviable failure. Then the last part is just the cherry on top with his mother.

I guess what comes next is the retreat in to the fantasy world of online gaming, oh joy. This guy better fix himself by the end of the show or I’m going to knife someone btw

THIS. It was clear when everyone was leaving the ryokan and Sato was standing there alone with nowhere to go. The revolution came back on itself.
On another note, we finally have some background on Misaki, judging by her reactions it's pretty obvious she's been abused/bullied and being around Sato is a way to cope with it.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » NHK ni Youkoso! Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

DarkBlue - Feb 6, 2008

213 by hanakocheeks »»
Apr 12, 10:20 AM

Poll: » NHK ni Youkoso! Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Jun 2, 2017

636 by krillville »»
Apr 8, 9:12 AM

Poll: » Welcome to the NHK Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

kie_ - Sep 4, 2008

113 by TenmaLeftNut »»
Apr 7, 5:41 PM

Poll: » NHK ni Youkoso! Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

kie_ - Sep 5, 2008

179 by CheeseBrie »»
Mar 31, 2:44 PM

Poll: » NHK ni Youkoso! Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

SunSir - Mar 2, 2008

143 by slugbait »»
Mar 28, 7:59 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.