Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Sep 17, 5:34 PM
Mar 2021
SimplyBrazen said:
I'm kind of confused by the final panels, tf happened?

from my understanding, maybe theres a devil, or one of yoru's children inside the status of liberty
Sep 17, 7:21 PM
Apr 2022
Yuri_Niji said:
I want to know why Pochita picked up the sign? Is it because Yoru said “Bang” and it reminded Pochita of Power and the fact that the blood devil is alive and could help out

The sign says “give blood” he’s trying to heal
Sep 17, 7:26 PM
Mar 2022
I can only count to 8 now...
Sep 17, 7:33 PM

Apr 2024
their index fingers? Huh?
"Dreams are worth fighting for"
Backloggery | YouTube | Heatmap
Sep 17, 8:35 PM

Apr 2023
Maybe the concept of "Freedom" is about to submit to "War"? I dunno, could be kinda cool I think.
Sep 17, 11:55 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
This chapter gonna make the NRA angry,lol.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Sep 17, 11:59 PM

Feb 2014
Fujimoto trying to tempt me, but I still didn't move on from Bomb-chan
Sep 18, 2:52 AM
Mar 2022
"ABSOLUTE GYAAT"
Sep 18, 4:22 AM
May 2021
Reply to MegamiRem
jas-samaaa said:
Mouths restored, now ppl r losing their index fingers lool

jas-samaaa said:
If everyone turns into weapons tho... Fujimoto what are u planning

Related to gun devil, that's the finger to pull the trigger with. Most likely a charge up for Yoru to use the power.
@MegamiRem makes sense thanks for the understanding.
Sep 18, 5:51 AM
Oct 2016
Pretty sure Chainsaw Man was saying "hamburger" while holding the sign, maybe I'm pointing out the obvious but I like that extra layer.
Sep 18, 7:27 AM
May 2021
why does the nra exist in this series? in part 1 it was said that world governments tried to ban gun usage. I know they were still made in secret but the association seems pretty public here
Sep 18, 2:31 PM
Aug 2020
Reply to Sworld30
why does the nra exist in this series? in part 1 it was said that world governments tried to ban gun usage. I know they were still made in secret but the association seems pretty public here
@Sworld30 It's not the NRA it is the NPA (National Pistol Association). It is likely that because of the stricter gun laws thanks to Gun that rifles aren't available for purchase but pistols still are.
Sep 19, 12:56 AM

Nov 2008
Captainjeddy said:
Also, I like how Fujimoto has expanded upon the relationship of guns with America. The NRA (or I guess the NPA here lol) members are supporters of an organization that prevents common sense gun laws and restrictions. They willingly back a group that enables the gun epidemic in the US and as such Yoru's use of her gun devil hand requires a sacrifice from them.

It doesn't make sense. They didn't make a contract with gun devil.
AnimeThemes.moe <- the largest collection of anime Openings & Endings on the Web
AnimeMusicQuiz.com <- guess an anime from your list by it's Opening/Ending music browser game
Sep 19, 6:55 AM
Nov 2020
WITH THIS HAND...
Sep 19, 10:28 AM

May 2019
Reply to Genoard
Captainjeddy said:
Also, I like how Fujimoto has expanded upon the relationship of guns with America. The NRA (or I guess the NPA here lol) members are supporters of an organization that prevents common sense gun laws and restrictions. They willingly back a group that enables the gun epidemic in the US and as such Yoru's use of her gun devil hand requires a sacrifice from them.

It doesn't make sense. They didn't make a contract with gun devil.
@Genoard is there any reason you think they couldn't? Plus the nra itself could have. Japanese civilains didn't make a contract with Makima but she could still dispose of their lives for her immortality because she had a contract with their pm.
Sep 19, 5:16 PM

Oct 2021
I don't even know what the fck just happened at the end but I really can't wait to find out in the next chapter. Shit's getting real hype now.
Sep 20, 2:06 AM

Nov 2008
Captainjeddy said:
@Genoard is there any reason you think they couldn't? Plus the nra itself could have. Japanese civilains didn't make a contract with Makima but she could still dispose of their lives for her immortality because she had a contract with their pm.

Because 3 and a half million people making a contract with, according to part 1, the most powerful & feared devil in history wouldn't have gone unnoticed. Fair point about Makima though. But it begs the question why does Yoru using Gun devil as a weapon even requires any sacrifices. Those NPA guys didn't lose anything during Gun Devil's rampage in Part 1.
AnimeThemes.moe <- the largest collection of anime Openings & Endings on the Web
AnimeMusicQuiz.com <- guess an anime from your list by it's Opening/Ending music browser game
Sep 20, 4:03 AM
Apr 2019
Asa has them big ole eyes
Sep 20, 5:46 AM

Jul 2017
Why did people lose their index fingers? Was it the Index Finger Devil or something (sort of joking)? Sort of interested by the lines about Yoru's children becoming weapons - there could be interesting complications to that.
Sep 20, 3:55 PM
Nov 2022
is this the final arc?
Sep 20, 7:35 PM
Jun 2016
From what I gathered, the end part is just a big reference to this The Monument Mythos creepypasta that I never heard about before. But aside from that, I think what Yoru did, at least metaphorically, was to make the fear of gun rights into a weapon (hence the Statue of Liberty - to signify the freedom to have weapons). Ik it sounds ridiculous, but this is csm we're talking about... And the part when Pochita holds the sign is not about he wanting blood, but just asking for a hamburger. Basically just doing the things from the date with Kobeni all over again.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 20, 9:07 PM
May 2021
Makima's arc is the Top2 arc I loved the most in my life from everything I live since 2022.
And,even though, I think part 2 has the potential to be even most peak.❤️‍🔥
Yoru vs CSM can break internet of FujimoGOAT cook delicious🤯😍🤩🔥!
Sep 21, 12:36 AM

Aug 2018
Mouths appeared and Chainsaw Man went elsewhere.
The thing where he starts moving that sign xD
And about the end...what's going to happen?
Sep 21, 12:44 PM

May 2019
Reply to Genoard
Captainjeddy said:

Because 3 and a half million people making a contract with, according to part 1, the most powerful & feared devil in history wouldn't have gone unnoticed. Fair point about Makima though. But it begs the question why does Yoru using Gun devil as a weapon even requires any sacrifices. Those NPA guys didn't lose anything during Gun Devil's rampage in Part 1.
@Genoard while not the npa, the us president did exchange 1 year off the lifespan of US citizens for the gun devil to attack. The npa could just have its own contract with gun as well.
Sep 22, 11:33 AM
Sep 2020
LMAO, Chainsaw man starting a blood donation campaign? That's so funny. Fujimoto comedic relief scenes work so well without breaking from the flow of the story
Sep 22, 1:50 PM

Nov 2008
Captainjeddy said:
@Genoard while not the npa, the us president did exchange 1 year off the lifespan of US citizens for the gun devil to attack. The npa could just have its own contract with gun as well.

I've completely forgot about that, good point.
Sep 23, 6:40 AM
Jun 2021
idk if im dense af but like... i don't get whats going on here at all. I really loved part 2 when it started and now i feel like its all over the place. Part 1 all tied together and was easy to follow. I'm just really confused lol
Sep 23, 1:34 PM

Oct 2021
"Trigger Finger" chapter title made my brain trigger into something else: Yoru's "cake", the bang that she recreated from Makima, Asa feeling a sense of guilt. And, the statue of New York? 😩 What is going on with this chapter? And, "children are parents' properties". Harsh, Yoru. Very, harsh. 😟☹️😩🥺🤯

-------------------------
Marianne

~Effort, Fortitude, and Tenacity
Sep 24, 9:58 PM

Nov 2017
Reply to Captainjeddy
Asa's mom sacrificed herself to save Asa and here we see Yoru talking about how her own children are just property that can be discarded.

@Captainjeddy Common sense laws like banning 90% of guns on the market, letting the government take your guns away without due process, and upping fees so anyone not rich can’t defend themselves. Most gun owners don’t even support the NRA these days they suck.
Sep 24, 10:54 PM

May 2019
Reply to Revy13_
@Captainjeddy Common sense laws like banning 90% of guns on the market, letting the government take your guns away without due process, and upping fees so anyone not rich can’t defend themselves. Most gun owners don’t even support the NRA these days they suck.
@Revy13_ what you're describing aren't common sense gun laws but the fear mongering bullshit the nra spews. I'm glad you agree the nra sucks though (although I imagine for different reasons).
Sep 26, 6:50 AM

Jul 2021
i guess now , war devil wants to say this line to chainsaw man : in the previous chapter , you should have gone for the head , lol ( line of thanos ) .

- war devil : ... watashi , ... kiga ...

page 11 , last panel :
note that on this hand , his chainsaw is melting .

last pages :

- a random american : yo gun devil , i have never used my left index finger to pull a gun's trigger , so why did you also take my left finger ?
- gun devil : i dont care , i love $ucking on index fingers very much . btw , the wedding devil loves the ring fingers , and some devil loves the middle fingers , lol .

a mis-translation : ... 40,000 members of the total 3,500,000 members , not 400,000 members ...

statue of liberty / freedom 's goddess .

war devil is pulling the trigger of her invisible gun ?
daywithoutgamesSep 26, 7:18 AM

Hello everyone , please check out and subscribe to my youtube channel , DayWithoutAnime 2.0 DayWithoutGame , that has many meme , funny anime / manga videos , thank you :

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFNBo_02wOQwRJ4HXlzC9dw
Oct 11, 4:18 PM

May 2021
Chapter was a bit confusing at the end but I am sure it will make sense later.

That damn bakery though.

Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Chainsaw Man Chapter 180 Discussion

jas-samaaa - Oct 15

43 by crystalblade13 »»
Oct 17, 9:05 PM

Poll: » is denji a real depiction of gen z?

FruitPunchBaka - May 31

42 by DND11 »»
Oct 17, 12:27 PM

» Spoiler of chapter 179 : Tatsuki Fujimoto was inspired by Fujiko F Fujio and Doraemon ?

daywithoutgames - Oct 15

2 by Bolona07 »»
Oct 16, 3:32 PM

Poll: » Chainsaw Man Chapter 40 Discussion

NewUsername2 - Sep 27, 2019

45 by phantom346 »»
Oct 15, 11:47 AM

Poll: » Chainsaw Man Chapter 39 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 19, 2019

48 by phantom346 »»
Oct 15, 11:31 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.