Forum Settings
Forums

'Ao no Hako' Reveals Additional Staff, Theme Songs, First Promo

New
Yesterday, 9:17 AM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
The official website of the Ao no Hako (Blue Box) television anime revealed additional staff, the theme songs, and first promotional video on Saturday. The anime series adapting Kouji Miura's sports romance manga will begin airing on October 3 at 11:56 p.m. on TBS' 28 affiliated channels. Netflix will stream the first two episodes in Japan on October 4.

Staff
Chief Animation Director: Miho Tanino (Kami no Tou)
Color Design: Narumi Konno (Himesama "Goumon" no Jikan desu)
Art Director: Ounoou Fujii (Toaru Kagaku no Railgun S assistant art director)
Director of Photography: Yuuki Kawashita (Vinland Saga)
Editing: Yoshihiro Kasahara (Ijiranaide, Nagatoro-san)
Sound Director: Jin Aketagawa (Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai)
Music: Takashi Oomama (Kidou Senshi Gundam: Suisei no Majo)
Creative Advisor: Shingo Mogi (Hakushon Daimaou 2020 creative director)

J-pop band Official HIGE DANdism (Spy x Family, Tokyo Revengers) is performing the opening theme "Same Blue." Singer-songwriter and Vocaloid producer Eve (Jujutsu Kaisen, Shoushimin Series) is performing the ending theme "Teenage Blue."

Yuuichirou Yano (Lupin III (2015)) is directing the anime at Telecom Animation Film. Yuuko Kakihara (Chihayafuru 2) is handling the series composition and Miho Tanino is designing the characters. Unlimited Produce by TMS is credited for planning and production.

Miura originally published the manga as a one-shot in Weekly Shounen Jump in August 2020. The magazine began serializing the series the following April. Shueisha published the 15th volume on August 2, with the 16th scheduled to be released on October 4.

VIZ Media licensed the manga in English in April 2021. The 11th volume went on sale on July 2 and the 12th is releasing on October 1. Shueisha is also publishing the manga in English on its Manga Plus website and app.

PV

Source: Moca News
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Yesterday, 9:32 AM
Aug 2022
I'm very excited for this to broadcast.
Yesterday, 10:22 AM

Oct 2019
They really got Eve and HIGE DANdism to work on the OP and ED, might be a sign of greatness
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Yesterday, 10:48 AM

Apr 2012
Reply to ZeroMajor12
They really got Eve and HIGE DANdism to work on the OP and ED, might be a sign of greatness
@ZeroMajor12 It may well be, but it’s better not to raise your expectations in advance, remembering how in a number of cases LiSA’s songs were the only plus of some shows. However, given the popularity of the manga and the hype of the adaptation, I think that the anime will be at least not bad, even if I am not sure about the adaptation character design.
Yesterday, 11:39 AM

Jul 2015
Looks good, i'm afraid of that love triangle though it can easily ruin my enjoyment

Oh never mind i just saw some comments , just another lose for the childhood friend. Skip
tragedydesuYesterday, 11:51 AM
11 hours ago

Feb 2021
Looks amazing! I like sports series, hope for 20+ episodes!
10 hours ago

Jul 2021
Pretty excited for this one. I don't know what others are thinking, but for me the art and the animation in these trailers really stand above the rest. That side shot of the sitting female protagonist reminds me of the super-high detail shots that WIT Studio used to do with Vivy and Bubble. The sports action shots also feel very real and detailed.
44 seconds ago
Mar 2021
Reply to RobertBobert
@ZeroMajor12 It may well be, but it’s better not to raise your expectations in advance, remembering how in a number of cases LiSA’s songs were the only plus of some shows. However, given the popularity of the manga and the hype of the adaptation, I think that the anime will be at least not bad, even if I am not sure about the adaptation character design.
@RobertBobert imo th character design is on point and excellent

More topics from this board

» New 'Ranma ½' TV Anime Announces Additional Cast

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

6 by VivavideoUser2x »»
8 hours ago

» Manga 'Chotto dake Ai ga Omoi Dark Elf ga Isekai kara Oikaketekita' Gets TV Anime in 2025

DatRandomDude - Sep 5

12 by Antanaru »»
Yesterday, 9:44 AM

» 'Rekishi ni Nokoru Akujo ni Naru zo' Reveals Additional Staff, Second Promo

DatRandomDude - Sep 6

0 by DatRandomDude »»
Sep 6, 4:27 PM

» 'NegaPosi Angler' Unveils More Cast, Theme Songs, First Promo

DatRandomDude - Sep 5

4 by Todday »»
Sep 6, 3:25 PM

» Compilation Trilogy for 'Kidou Senshi Gundam: The Origin' OVA Announced

Vindstot - Sep 2

11 by Ten »»
Sep 6, 11:05 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.