Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 1, 2:26 AM

Dec 2021
Truly many happy moments happening right now.

Really would want to know what this show and what these kids would do if it wasn't for my goat Pin. Everyone walked out of there with someone by their sides at last. Though the one who came out on top truly was these two because in only FIVE EPISODES THEY KISSED... AHHH(>﹏<)(>﹏<)

Took long enough after making us see all the characters but the main ones having progression in their relationships. Never would've thought I'd be happy to see these two just having some proper communication after having anything but it this entire arc. We got some proper communication, a kiss, some hand holding, and the cherry on top, A KISS ON THE CHEEK. If this doesn't make this the best episode, then IDK what does.

Kazehaya a real bro for staying with Miura on the phone for the ENTIRE night. All to brag about Ayane lmaoooo. Don't blame the guy at all. Phone call aside, that whole convo with the trio in Sawako's bedroom just proves how much of a kuncklehead, blockhead and every other dumb head Chizu really is lol. Sawako ain't to different either. Chizu doesn't say anything and automatically thinks it was something naughty with Ryuu... xD

Find it funny how everyone just started coming to Sawako's house like it was nothing lol. Then poor pops finally had the new broken for him that the hat was made for Kazehaya and NOT him. Wanted someone to break the news, but I kinda feel bad now lol. They all celebrated in the end together and hell yeah, pops in on board the Kazehaya train. W pops as usual.

NOOOOO THAT'S IT???? Sigh. Hopefully this just the end of the first part of this season and we won't have to wait another 13 years.

Aug 1, 8:11 AM
Apr 2022
how many chapters does cover
Aug 1, 8:31 AM

Jul 2017
Reply to StarWars2000
how many chapters does cover
@StarWars2000 I think this adaptation ended at Chapter 76. Still got like roughly 45-50ish chapters to adapt I think.
Aug 1, 8:36 AM

Jul 2017
It's more Kimi ni Todoke and while I disliked the forced melodrama and most of the characters as usual from the series, a part of me did feel nostalgic in a way too. I did actually like that the series managed to maintain the art style from 13 years ago with very minimal changes that might not even be noticeable, and the pace does seem a bit better than the first 2 seasons too. Might feel slow because the episodes had to go 1 hour long each for some reason but when looking at how much was adapted before with roughly 45-47ish chapters done in 37 episodes, this covered close to 30 I think in five 1-hour episodes, equivalent to a normal 1-cour anime. The format might not be the best but hey, that part was an improvement since season 1 and particularly 2 felt like it was going absolutely nowhere for long stretches of time, which this didn't feel quite as much. While there is still more to cover, the ending itself is a decent place to wrap up this season at least for sure. Just wish I actually felt for the characters this time around since the conflicts and drama in general just was unwatchable and poor for me involving all characters this time around. At least some progression took place as a result, even if the Sawako-Kazehaya stuff is still not charming at all for me. Sawako's parents were nice to watch in the finale too seeing Sawako grow with her friends and even be in a relationship now compared to where she was at the start of the series.
Aug 1, 10:41 AM
Aug 2022
Didn't think they'll release these all at once.
Aug 1, 11:41 AM

Oct 2017
It's both great and a bit sad at the same time that this was a batch release and not weekly.
Aug 1, 3:01 PM

Oct 2011
waiting for Season 4 now😭😭😭😭😭
Aug 1, 4:09 PM
Aug 2020
I enjoyed every moment.

It was beautiful before and it was great to see them evolve, to learn more about some characters.

Arigato
otakuweek on insta for News /recom etc

just have a look, you won't regret it...
Aug 1, 4:32 PM
Jul 2021
loved every single minute of this show . I loved the way this show is slow and explore characters. loved their friendship development, relationships development and loved the whole season can't wait for season 4 I hope they return with another season it's really rare to see shujo having this much episodes
Aug 1, 4:50 PM
Apr 2024
Such a wave of nostalgia... I love this gang.
Beautifully done!
Aug 1, 4:55 PM

Feb 2019
Took me all day because I constantly paused and started because of the waves of emotion I was overcome with at various points. Sat here with tears in my eyes man. Never would’ve thought that not only would we get Kimi ni Todoke back after all these years, but that it would be better than both the previous seasons.

Thank you to all the staff involved for bringing this back to us. If we never get a season 4, I can sleep well given where this left off with everyone in a loving relationship and having grown tremendously.

Above all else I got to shoutout Kento man he was the MVP of this season. Went from being an annoying prick in season 2 to one of my fave characters. His emotional intelligence really impressed me. Sticking up for Ayane and refusing to leave her alone, knocking the shit out of that annoying bum Mogi.. I didn’t think there would be the level of complexity to his character that we got this season. Genuinely great dude and exactly what Ayane deserves. Their confession scene was perfection 😭

Ryu and Chizuru’s relationship was probably my second favourite thing. The backstory episode where we saw how Ryu’s mom died and how it affected both he and Chizuru.. how they’ve been each other’s support system ever since childhood.. they truly are soulmates and I couldn’t be more happy with how their development was handled. It is truly time to start something new for them ❤️

SAWAKO AND KAZEHAYA FIRST KISS. Who would’ve thought it would be Sawako initiating it??? Our baby’s grown up right before our eyes. Can you imagine the girl we saw in episode 1 back in 2009 doing this?? It was hard watching them be distant in those last couple episodes but I’m so glad she and Kazehaya both fully opened up to one another. It won’t always be easy, but when you have two people who love each other like this they’ll find a way.

I really felt Sawako’s dad emotions there at the end, especially when they played the first OP like cmon are yall trying to make me ugly cry!!?? 😭 he’s so protective and caring for Sawako and you can just tell how worried he was about her when she was so closed off and isolated from everyone. Seeing her have friends and a boyfriend who truly respects and cares for her has to be the best feeling as a father.

When he notices that she’s grown taller than him it reminded me of the TTGL dream sequence with Kamina and Simon in that it’s a double entendre for Sawako having literally grown, but also metaphorically grown past the stage where he needs to protect her so much. Just love those last few minutes so much. What a beautiful ending, I’d love another season of course but if it ends there I’d be content too.

Now we need more Akayona and Chihayafuru 😭
Marinate1016Aug 1, 10:11 PM
Aug 1, 7:06 PM

Apr 2022
despite the usual drama, this was definitely the best season. also wasn't a fan of the batch release and 1hr length episodes idea, but i still managed to like this more than the previous two seasons. bunch of cute moments with nice visuals, also kento wasn't annoying this time. let's see when/if the rest of the series gets adapted.
Aug 2, 5:28 PM

Nov 2007
No OP.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Aug 2, 7:59 PM
Oct 2020
I could feel the dad die inside from emotional damage when he took off the hat...

Well he's improving and was even willing to let her go the shrine but no she wants to stay with her family by her own choice. She loves her boyfriend and her friends and she also loves her family. I really glad the misunderstanding was resolved. It's probably the main one negative I have about this. It's not the worst thing I've seen in romance but it's still frustrating like in season 2. FUCK MISUNDERSTANDINGS!

Everything is going well it seems so I'm happy.

Oh wait the sixth ep is just a recap. So wait will there be more episodes? How many more years until we get more? Like seriously I though this season was going to be the final but it's not over yet right? I guess manga gotta read that then because idk when the anime will adapt everything. Anyone know where I should start int eh manga?
RexnihiloAug 2, 8:03 PM
Aug 3, 12:20 AM
Dec 2022
Rexnihilo said:
I could feel the dad die inside from emotional damage when he took off the hat...

Well he's improving and was even willing to let her go the shrine but no she wants to stay with her family by her own choice. She loves her boyfriend and her friends and she also loves her family. I really glad the misunderstanding was resolved. It's probably the main one negative I have about this. It's not the worst thing I've seen in romance but it's still frustrating like in season 2. FUCK MISUNDERSTANDINGS!

Everything is going well it seems so I'm happy.

Oh wait the sixth ep is just a recap. So wait will there be more episodes? How many more years until we get more? Like seriously I though this season was going to be the final but it's not over yet right? I guess manga gotta read that then because idk when the anime will adapt everything. Anyone know where I should start int eh manga?

Pick the manga up from chapter 76. It gets better from there on.
Aug 3, 10:33 AM
Dec 2019
perfect season :)

Aug 3, 2:56 PM

Sep 2014
MORE ! I WANT MORE!

Seriously, God bless whoever at Netflix made the executive decision to pick up kimi ni todoke, and bless the director and animators for bringing the entirely same vibe from the first 2 seasons.

I loved the hr long eps, the only thing that was bad about it was the sheer emotional Rollercoaster. no breathing room, just tears!

I know some people hate misunderstandings, but this season was less about misunderstandings and more about emotional expression. kazehaya didn't know how to express his feelings without feeling pushy. and instead he went too far in the opposite direcrion. For once it was kazehaya's "fault" and not sawako being silly.

What does kazehaya mean he can't "control himself" like damn. bro needs to relieve himself jfc

I adore. adore sawako. she's so precious. Kimi ni todoke is peak romance anime. it has such amazing highs and lows, perfectly placed drama and comedy. UGH.

We still don't know what exactly happened with Ryu and Chizu, but we can probably guess. and Sawako keeping their kiss to herself is so cute. let her have this !

this season exceeded expectations, and my expectations were already high. omgomg. I'm gonna go collapse now from watching almost all in one day. my heart is gonna give out
Aug 3, 9:07 PM

Jan 2012
i cant believe its over i need MORE

also i dont understand people who dislike this show? most complaints i see are about the characters being clueless or misunderstanding things, its a damn shoujo high school romance drama what are you expecting???
Aug 3, 10:45 PM
Aug 2022
AnimeFan500 said:
waiting for Season 4 now😭😭😭😭😭

I think we will watch it with my children after 13 years hahahahahaa
Aug 4, 2:02 AM
Apr 2022
enjoyed every bit of the new season, kazehaya and sawako JUST LOOKS SOOOOO GOOOD TOGETHER, was really good to watch them as a couple after so many episodes of watching them being awkward with each other, though the same happened this season in ep 3 and 4 but they sorted it out at the last episode and WITH A KISS OMGGGGG. I was expecting good things from this season and it's fair to say my expectations were met, im not really into ryu and chizu's relationship so it was a bit boring for me when the focus was on both of them, but i thoroughly enjoyed kento and ayane, but everything aside the best couple kazehaya and sawako are doing great and im just happy to see them happy (I hope I'll have what they have someday lmao) 8/10 season, there's still around 40-50 chapters left to adapt, and since the production is under Netflix I'm hoping for another season atleast if not two, and I'll def wait for it because this season literally came out 13 years later lmao
Aug 4, 12:04 PM
Feb 2022
Masterpiece 🔥🔥🔥
Aug 4, 2:35 PM

Feb 2017
It was such a pleasant experience to have this show back after so long. Loved this thoroughly. Only thing that was missing was the best girl Kurmi, but she should be back in a future season, if they decide to make one. I really hope they do because this show deserves to be completed.
Aug 4, 8:57 PM
Jan 2024
That was a beautiful last episode and an amazing season. I wish there was more now, but I loved that ending. I pray a season 4 is announced soon 🙏
Aug 4, 9:33 PM

Feb 2019
I'm so glad everything turned out great by the end of the season T_T

Ryu x Chizuru is moving nicely. AYANE IS DATING KENTOOOO

But above all I'm glad everything was resolved for our main couple ^^ Sawako is so cute.

That was such a great Christmas party too.

Also, mini Sawako in the photo albums was so cute!

I really hope they make another sequel to cover the rest of the chapters.

9/10.
Aug 5, 3:37 PM
Jan 2023
in this season kezehaya is acting freaky
Aug 5, 4:05 PM

Jan 2021
9/10, really liked the manga chapter's selection, animation and everything. If you watch season 1, 2 and now season 3 in a row you wouldn't believe the production time difference!

Not too much drama, slow but nice, bitter sweet shoujo!
Aug 5, 6:27 PM

Nov 2016
Fantastic finale and season. Every episode and second of this was a delight. Been a while since I've seen S2, so I almost forgot how peak this shoujo is. Definitely one of my all time favorite series.

Hope we won't have to wait too long for S4. 2-3 years would be fair 🤞🏻

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Aug 6, 12:22 PM
Feb 2013
To think I was able to witness this moment in this lifetime! My life is complete with all Sawako x Kazehaya scenes kyaaaa!!! >O<
Aug 6, 3:52 PM

Jan 2024
I am glad they made this. S2 wasn't the best place to end, this seems more of a proper end.
Sawako is the preciousest thing..
Aug 6, 9:04 PM
Jun 2012
this anime started good and finally amazing, probably the best season in this anime until now.

I like how pure the concept of love is between Sawako and Kazehaya, and here does not feel slow anymore either.

Also I used get bored 12 years ago the first seasons, this season I cried and laughed.
Aug 7, 9:46 AM
Jun 2022
I hope I can always be with everyone like this, forever

Maaaan, episodes and series like this always make me depressed. Watching all these young people having their best life with many friends while me, 29, having such a shitty life without friends and any social life. Plus i wasn't expecting in August to think about how the winter is comming with all the darkness.
Aug 7, 10:24 AM

Jan 2021
I watched the first few minutes while clenching my fist ready to punch Kazehaya because HE MADE SAWAKO CRY!!! AND IT WASN'T A HAPPY CRY!! ugh. The kisses were nice though T____T

"Because I love him, every little thing means so much to me" omg. I don't know what to say but I swear Sawakaze has a very sweet and sincere relationship! So precious ♡

On the other side, it was so cute and I was amused to see Chizu blushing at Ryu :3 Ayane and Miura too! Congrats! ♡ somehow I just realized that Miura is actually kind of cute. Lol.

Every illustration in the ending is truly beautiful. The Christmas party too, we know it means a lot to Sawako :") her father did a good job!! This really doesn't feel like the last episode. I know that just getting a third season is already a miracle, but if there is another miracle for a fourth season then that would be amazing.

Aug 7, 6:18 PM

May 2011
Loved this finale so much! Especially that it came out as 5 one hour long episodes. I'm now a married man in my 30s and this was an amazing throwback to watching season 1 all those years ago :)

Thank you Kimi ni Todoke! I hope we meet again <3
Aug 7, 7:02 PM
Apr 2021
I was rooting for Ayane and Keto!!!
Aug 8, 1:33 AM

Apr 2020
I watched the 3 seasons back to back.
This whole show is painfully slow.
The characters are cute and funny but it's just an ok series overall imo. 6/10
Go watch Gintama boyo/grill
My discord server for gaming and anime/manga: https://discord.com/invite/4mqXfNEJ9A
Aug 8, 9:28 AM

Mar 2012
The drama between Kazehaya and Sawako was a bit annoying but overall loved it. I really hope there will be not only S4 but a full adaptation of the manga someday.
Aug 8, 11:59 AM

Jul 2022
I took my time watching it since I prefer to watch episodes weekly. But I need a fourth season, no matter if it takes another 13 years, because as seen, it's worth it.

Seeing the progression in Sawako and Kazehaya's relationship again was beautiful, but undoubtedly the best part was the secondary characters this time. Ayane and Kento were very sweet. But Chizuru and Ryuu were the highlight of it all; I hope to see more of them.
Aug 8, 9:52 PM
Mar 2015
Its a Christmas miracle Everything worked out for our couples
Aug 9, 10:33 AM
Aug 2024
Reply to ZER0PT
I watched the 3 seasons back to back.
This whole show is painfully slow.
The characters are cute and funny but it's just an ok series overall imo. 6/10
@ZER0PT lmao it's like 10x better than that cringe fest called gintama

Aug 9, 12:39 PM

Apr 2020
Reply to DumbAndPoor
@ZER0PT lmao it's like 10x better than that cringe fest called gintama

@DumbAndPoor You should like it since you just created an account to be cringe
Go watch Gintama boyo/grill
My discord server for gaming and anime/manga: https://discord.com/invite/4mqXfNEJ9A
Aug 9, 1:19 PM
Aug 2024
Reply to ZER0PT
@DumbAndPoor You should like it since you just created an account to be cringe
@ZER0PT

Bro, look at your favs. It's a collection of childish crap

You are like 13 lmaoo

No wonder you come here to be edgy and give it 2.64 points under the average.

Cringe ass motherfucker.
DumbAndPoorAug 9, 1:25 PM
Aug 11, 10:44 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Ending the episode off like that with the sweet Kuronuma household moments got me a little teary eyed. Hint for possible university migration? I'm guessing that's what the remaining 11 volumes will eventually focus on, huh?

Got to thank Netflix for bringing back this gem of a series! Honestly, if they don't make another season for it, I'd be okay too. I just wanted something, anything and they've already fulfilled that. And not to mention, it ends off on a wonderful note too!

Some of the drama felt a little long but expectedly so. I guess with the 1-hour episode lengths, it feels like they could really get to the core of it for which I'm thankful. But there's something about the 24 minute timeframe that's just the best formula, imho. But enough about that, I'm so glad all the characters finally got their share of happiness! Ayane-san's story in particular was a really nice treat. Chizuru-chan and Ryuu honestly have been dating from the get-go so no final word on that works just fine, xD.

Keeping the same animation style was perfect, especially those Sawako goofy faces. New ED every episode was pretty cool too and Imase-san always delivers!

Solid 8/10 from here.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Aug 17, 9:50 AM
Aug 2015
Great season! I didn't even know there will be a 3rd season, I just opened Netflix and there it was. I was so pleasantly surprised that I watched it immediately, and truly enjoyed it. I hoped they will make a 3rd season, and it really happened. Love it!!!

And I love it that our main couple love each other so much, and their love is even growing. Beautiful and innocent love story.
rrmskiAug 17, 10:47 AM
Aug 22, 11:15 PM

Sep 2020
And so it's over once more. I've said this already but I'm so glad they revived this anime and stayed (mostly) faithful to the manga. Apparently season 3 skipped 4 manga chapters which is disappointing, but I still enjoyed this.
The entire cast matured so much in this season, and we really got more fleshed out backstories as to why they're the way they are.
I loved seeing the christmas party arc animated, it was always one of my favorites in the manga. Sawako and Kazehaya working things out so they can move past his stupidity, Kento standing up for and confessing to Ayane, even Chizuru finally realizing she also has feelings for Ryu. All these moments made this arc so great. Chizuru and Ryu still have a bit longer to go before being in an official relationship, but a slow burn couple is never a bad thing. Sawako's parents are always a joy and you can really tell how she became a great person because of them. Also the winter feel is just really cozy :)

As for the structure, I didn't mind the 60ish minute episodes, as it made it easier to pace myself instead of binging. Sure there's only 5 episodes this season, but the same amount of content would need to be covered in 14 episodes with the old shorter length, meaning this season was about as long as season 2 (slightly longer) in pure runtime. I agree with those that disliked the batch release, though. Weekly releases are always better for discussion and keep the hype up. Not to mention they keep you thinking and processing on the show longer. For people that want to binge, they could just wait until every episode had come out. That's just my opinion.

This entire series is so heartwarming and I'd be satisfied either way if they decide to do season 4 or not. Such a happy note to end on.
Sep 19, 11:55 PM
Sep 2017
Full of Kyaaa Kyaaaaaa Kyaaaaaaaaa......
Sep 22, 8:59 PM

Feb 2012
Everyone got their happy ending, what a way to end this series.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kimi ni Todoke 3rd Season Episode 3 Discussion

IzanaSolos - Aug 1

30 by Subs »»
Sep 13, 9:50 AM

Poll: » Kimi ni Todoke 3rd Season Episode 1 Discussion

IzanaSolos - Aug 1

43 by Tyon »»
Sep 12, 6:09 PM

Poll: » Kimi ni Todoke 3rd Season Episode 2 Discussion

IzanaSolos - Aug 1

18 by Maria2000 »»
Sep 5, 2:42 PM

» What's so good about Kimi ni Todoke?

AnimeIs4Kidz - Sep 4, 2023

43 by Piromysl »»
Aug 30, 4:38 AM

» Virgins abstain: Is KnT s3 the best relationship advice ever given in anime?

DumbAndPoor - Aug 12

16 by Unoriginality »»
Aug 29, 3:36 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.