Forum Settings
Forums

Are there any hobbies you do that are influenced by anime?

New
Jun 26, 12:44 PM
Dec 2023
reading and writing light novels, reading and drawing manga, watching hentai, doing cosplay, buying anime figures, etc.
Jun 26, 12:56 PM

May 2019
Yes my gaming is heavily influenced by anime since i mostly action play jrpgs and bullet hell shooters. Also hentai is anime so that point is redundant.

Jun 26, 12:59 PM

Jan 2021
Watching anime and reading manga is a hobby itself.
Buying manga, collecting merch, drawing characters, learning Japanese as a hobby.
Other then that, I started some workout routine because of it. I started playing volleyball because of Haikyuu. I got better at table tennis due to ping pong the animation.
If you enjoyed the time you wasted, then its not a waste of time.

Jun 26, 12:59 PM

Jul 2022
Pretty much all of my hobbies that aren't sports or beer related are because of anime.

The biggest thing for me at the moment is attending conventions and cosplaying. I also love card games (Yu-Gi-Oh! and Weiss Schwarz) and have been getting into board games lately due to After School Dice Club. I've started reading manga again for the first time in ages as well since my local library has a pretty good selection. I finally bought my first figures earlier this year too, so I'm beyond saving from weebdom at this point.
Jun 26, 1:02 PM

Jan 2009
maybe learning some basic photoshop and inkscape but i rarely post new stuff now on my deviantart

also learning some basic video encoding when i still reencode anime to mini size

and ye learning some piracy stuff like torrenting and irc/xdcc downloading
Jun 26, 1:06 PM

Feb 2020
Definitely buying Anime figures and other related merch.
Also whilst It was my hobby anyway before Anime - Trains/Railfanning too maybe, because they always feature heavily and have quite a lot of Anime & Manga dedicated to them.

Edit: Going to conventions also, lucky for me my town has 3 free ones a year.
Loyal_SheeplingJun 26, 1:40 PM
Jun 26, 1:19 PM

Apr 2020
I don’t think consuming entertainment counts as a hobby tbh so I don’t consider it. Drawing is the only hobby I have that’s come out of anime
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 26, 1:27 PM

Dec 2015
After watching Ace of Diamond I did try a little bit of Baseball but it wasn't for me, I don't think there's anything else I've tried because I was inspired by anime.
Jun 26, 1:53 PM

May 2021
listening to jpop
watching ufc and trying kickboxing (inspired from baki)
gonna start learning japanese
Jun 26, 2:12 PM

Mar 2008
I don't really do anything but watch anime and read manga unfortunately. Id oike to have more hobbies but im limited
Jun 26, 2:37 PM

Sep 2016
Yes, the hobby involves some tissues.
This dance is the pinnacle of human achievement.
Jun 26, 2:56 PM

Apr 2015
Listen to japanese music 100% came from anime. I still most listen anime songs, but i expand to some favorite singers too.

I also most prefer JRPGs over west games, because i love the writing and the stupid anime tropes.
Jun 26, 3:00 PM

Dec 2021
Nope. There is absolutely zero correlation between my hobbies and my anime watching choices. If you saw me out somewhere, you'd probably have no clue what my anime preferences are. Most of my hobbies and interests are

• Tinkering with various AI things
  • Non-anime YouTube content
  • Microfishing
  • Bug hunting (Physical bugs, not software bugs. Fuck software bugs.)
  • Hiking
  • Photography (Mix of film and digital, though due to money issues I've slowed down my film shooting by a lot)

and other things which I end up deciding to do sporadically. Honestly, I'd probably never watch anime about any of these things.
Daviljoe193Jun 26, 3:05 PM
Opinions are opinions, and differing opinions can co-exist. 🙂 But I don't do debate, life's too short to spend time debating people.
Jun 26, 4:30 PM

Aug 2010
Toy photography, crafting dioramas - I do these because I collect nendoroids, which of course happened because I like anime.

I have always liked drawing, but liking anime & manga made me draw anime style. Also made me like drawing more at one point.
Jun 26, 4:45 PM

Dec 2020
Probably video games because I'm sure I would have never played 13 Sentinels or Persona 5 if I never got into anime. I would probably add my YouTube watching tendencies. Also reading manga and LN I guess but I see that as basically the same as watching anime, and I have bought several anime figures.
"Those words are meant for those that dare defy god's final warning... An epigraph of their stubbornness"
- Maho Hiyajo (Steins;Gate 0)
Jun 26, 4:45 PM

Oct 2017
Whether directly or indirectly, Japanese anime has a very big influence on pretty much most things I engage with in some capacity. Even stuff like Western film, animation, and comics take inspiration from Japanese anime and manga these days as people who grew up on it are now the ones creating content (and in the case of comics there's actually some Japanese creators creating western comics such as Peach Momoko currently drawing and writing Ultimate X-Men Vol 2). We live in a much more globalized world where artists from around the world take inspiration from each other and that is an excellent thing
This post is brought to you by your local transfem gamer goblin. Will not tolerate bigotry and will fight against "anti-woke" sentiment to make the anime community a safer place.
Jun 26, 5:17 PM

Nov 2020
I start to playing Yu-Gi-Oh! because I've been watching Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters.
What Does Pot of Greed do?
Jun 26, 5:54 PM

Feb 2018
Plastic Modelling. the Hobby that got me into Anime by osmosis as an early-teen in the early/mid 1990's;

Jun 26, 6:08 PM
Dec 2022
Well my taste in gaming has been heavily influenced by anime so there's that. Visual novels are one subgenre where had it not been for anime, I would barely have any interest in them. My music playlists basically consist of anime op/eds and VN soundtracks nowadays.
Jun 26, 6:35 PM

Oct 2022
yea maybe. I've created >30 characters. Tried drawing manga, really more like graphic novels since they're manually drawn and color, but I can't make up my mind so have 3 different ones I work on. Well technically more than that, but who cares. I bought a bunch of figures, like maybe 50? A few more than that. in different sizes. I've also built a couple of big architectural models that I pose the figures with, and bought scale cars for them. I listen to music that's completely different than the pop/rock music thanks to soundtracks from anime, which led to tangent to a lot of different music.
Jun 26, 6:59 PM

Jan 2008
Yes and it has gotten me laid on numerous occasions.
Jun 26, 8:34 PM
Propmaker/Etsy

Jun 2014
Yes I cosplay and building props!
Work on templates and commissions.
Jun 26, 9:15 PM
Jun 2014
Yea, I started going to the gym, because I wanted to be strong like the anime protags. I started to practice martial arts because it felt cool and weeby when I started out. Nowadays I get the random urge of wanting to learn how to use a weapon from a anime, like throwing knives or sword fighting. When I lose motivation in gym, I just watch Baki and then I want to train a lot more.
Jun 27, 12:38 AM

Jan 2023
Anime and Manga made me want to try some japanese foods I never had before (like ramen or some of the dagashi) and made me curious about maybe trying one day one of the big conventions (did not do it yet though).
Yesterday, 12:16 AM

Aug 2020
Well uh........ watching anime ig?
Yesterday, 12:43 AM

Aug 2012
Writing. I've been working on publishing a light novel, so there's that.
Yesterday, 12:56 AM

Apr 2021
Listening to Japanese music, buying pokemon cards and beyblades as a kid, playing gacha games

More topics from this board

» Your "ZA COOLEST" Character

Lion_Sin - 3 hours ago

7 by Zarutaku »»
3 minutes ago

» Is it wrong to care A LOT about someone's tastes and preferences?

Pokitaru - 1 hour ago

9 by JaaShooUhh »»
5 minutes ago

» What you like to see in fight scenes

Kenzolo-folk - Jun 27

28 by RyogiSHIKI7 »»
5 minutes ago

» Which DIRECTION Is Your Waifu Facing?

BerriesSan - Jun 27

18 by Emp »»
11 minutes ago

» Half-way through 2024, what are your favorite anime moments in 2024 so far?

frzaroc - Yesterday

11 by Zarutaku »»
12 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.