Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jun 27, 9:04 AM
Oct 2018
very good, but who are "they"?
Jun 27, 12:53 PM

Nov 2016
Didn't expect the fight to conclude that way lol

This > Wind Breaker

Need S2

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jun 27, 3:04 PM

Feb 2021
Reply to FMmatron
Didn't expect the fight to conclude that way lol

This > Wind Breaker

Need S2
@FMmatron, indeed! I hope for so too!
Jun 27, 3:06 PM

Feb 2021
Reply to mogneto
very good, but who are "they"?
@mogneto,
Jun 27, 7:43 PM

Feb 2016
This was a funny series, way better than Wind Breaker
Jun 27, 9:29 PM

Jul 2016
What a great surprise

In my top 5 of favorites in this season.

9/10
Jun 27, 10:49 PM

Mar 2008
Okay I didnt expect that actually i just thought there would be a fight with some random luck that helps Hobin out rather than Mangi breaking down over being accidentally exposed as balding and crying about wanting a gf. I dont dislike it, makes things more interesting not being predictable.

I did enjoy this show. Animation wasnt very good but not bad enough to bother me.
Jun 28, 12:33 PM

Jul 2008
I stuck with it but this show just wasn't for me. I couldn't get into any of the characters and just the youtube premise made it too silly for me.
Jun 28, 5:13 PM
Aug 2019
From the start, I just thought Hwang was gonna be just another trial for Hobin.
But, later in the ep I saw that he was just like me and thousands of other dudes; he just wanted a gf and his intentions was misunderstood. It also didn't help that everyone sees him as some scary goliath.
Idk if it was the manwha author's intention to make Hwang like this, but I'm thankful.
Whether unintentionally, or not, he held up a mirror to S. Korea's lookism problem.
I'm rooting for you Hwang!
And so is everyone else!
We're all gonna make it, my brothers!
We'll one day find a woman that loves us back!
Maybe not today, or tomorrow, but we'll find her!
(or guys, if you're into that).
Jun 29, 9:08 AM
Feb 2014
Loved the webtoon. This season was slower then expected, thought they cram in later stuff and skip lots of stuff but they were very faithful. The only thing I think they could've done was do some actual animation as all they did was stills during fights. I don't know if it was lazy or it's just the style they chose but it just seemed like panels with some little moving effect.
9/10, season 2 is going to be even better just like Tower of God's will. The big 3 webtoons for me are those two and Windbreaker, the one about bikes that I hope gets an anime
Jun 30, 12:46 AM

Apr 2012
A balding guy using YouTube as an opportunity to become famous and level out his problems with appearance and self-esteem? Damn, this show couldn't be a better representation of the YouTube crowd. All they have to do is add characters who advertise scammers or ruin their big careers due to grooming scandals and this will be the most realistic YouTube series I've ever seen, lmao.
Jul 2, 3:27 PM

Nov 2023
This show was a real surprise. Even though the animation was so so and the plot was pretty simple, it kept me hooked from start to finish. I'd love to see a second season and really hope they make one.
Jul 2, 3:35 PM

Feb 2021
Reply to RobertBobert
A balding guy using YouTube as an opportunity to become famous and level out his problems with appearance and self-esteem? Damn, this show couldn't be a better representation of the YouTube crowd. All they have to do is add characters who advertise scammers or ruin their big careers due to grooming scandals and this will be the most realistic YouTube series I've ever seen, lmao.
@RobertBobert, let's hope for a second season.
Jul 3, 2:33 PM

Apr 2018
Idk how but it was pretty enjoyable

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Jul 6, 12:03 AM

Jul 2016
Reply to SideCharacterKal
Idk how but it was pretty enjoyable
@SideCharacterKal

Really original compared to everything else coming out.
Jul 6, 9:35 AM
Sep 2013
i cried twice in one episode!
Jul 7, 11:17 AM
Mar 2021
This episode was like like a David vs Goliath type of match. Hobin pretty much had to use everything he's learned including techniques in recent episodes and his guts.

There were a lot of attitude coming into this episode but it's kinda easy to root for an underdog. Bomi was proud of the boys too.
Jul 10, 1:30 PM
Aug 2021
I heard the manga is better
Jul 11, 2:53 PM
Oct 2019
This was fun. Kinda funny. Kinda martial arts-y. Kinda feel good-y. I'd definitely watch a season 2.

7.5/10
Jul 13, 6:51 AM

Apr 2020
Chicken Gintoki-sensei ftw.
In all seriousness it's a very fun show.
I just wish the animation was better.
7/10
Go watch Gintama boyo/grill
My discord server for gaming and anime/manga: https://discord.com/invite/4mqXfNEJ9A
Jul 13, 7:24 AM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
An awesome final episode, I didn’t think Hobin could win this time but like all the other times, he actually pulled through because of all the preparations beforehand, along with all the moves he’s learned up to this point, plus Taehun’s amazing back kick which looked really badass when Hobin used it, not to say Taehun didn’t look cool, but he was an asshole when we first met him so Hobin gets more points lol. I’ll say tho, what was probably the most surprising thing of all was Mangi actually being a misunderstood and cool guy, he sure came off creepy but that’s just his general vibe, all he really wants is to get a girlfriend and to grow his hair back, all the tears shed for him was pretty wholesome actually and I’m glad to see things turn out this way for him, they took a bad situation and made it into a positive one.

We also got a bit of Taehun’s backstory when he was training Hobin which I liked, I certainly thought he was an absolute dickbag before but they actually made me come around on him, a shame the show is ending here because now I want more of him lol. And the last moments of the episode were a great way to end the season, Hobin is in a really good spot in life with his channel doing great, his mom getting the surgery she needs scheduled, and having some great friends he’s made along the way, but after the extended ED song we got teased on what it was that Snapper was reacting to, and if you know anything about YouTube then that green yen symbol turning yellow is a horrific sight, I’m glad this didn’t end with a super “read the source” bait ending but damn this does really make me want to see how they deal with this lol.

And that was the end, this was an absolute banger of a show, if I had picked this during Spring 2024 then it would have easily been a favorite of mine that season, but the important thing is I got to it now and I loved every second of it. Yeah the animation could have been better at times, but they were definitely smart with the reuse of some really good animations and the art was always great, so I can’t complain much here. And I gotta say, very inspiring stuff, I’ve actually been working out some irl but this show inspired me to keep it up, I may not be trying to fight like Hobin but seeing this little man do amazing things was great to witness. I also liked the YouTube aspect of the show, it was pretty accurate to real life and I enjoyed the growth of Hobin’s channel alongside his own personal growth. And as for best girl, all the girls are beautiful in this show but I think my favorite is Gaeul, loved her little quirk of talking like an old man and I love her design.

We also had such a good OP and ED combo, great fitting songs and visuals, especially when you consider the evolved OP after the first few episodes. This is probably my favorite manhwa adaptation that I’ve watched so far, I would absolutely love a 2nd season of this!
TheColonel76Jul 13, 7:29 AM
Jul 20, 10:17 AM
Aug 2021
"Viral Hit season 1 was an absolute thrill ride from start to finish!. The action scenes are brilliant, intense sequences that keep you on the edge of your seat. The opening theme is a wonderful highlight, perfectly capturing the energy and excitement of the show with its catchy music.

In the beginning I didn't expect too much, but after a few episodes I completely changed my mind. The characters are engaging, the MC shows remarkable development throughout the season. Watching the protagonist grow and evolve in response to the challenges they face is incredibly satisfying. Each episode builds on the last, combining a compelling storyline with humor and heart. I highly recommend this anime. I can't wait for season 2!"
Aug 3, 2:54 PM

Feb 2014
In general good anime although somewhat repetitive.

I dislike any type of bullying content; but this one didn´t make me depressive and disgusted as the many other cliche bullying animes dramas out there.

Enjoyed the art as well. For some reason reminded me of Prison School.

7.5/10

Aug 12, 2:02 PM
Apr 2024
Bro makes me feel like I can fight too.
Aug 14, 12:30 PM
May 2021
did not expect it to be this good, I love the concept of newtubu with its effect on the plot and the thematic implications it has, the plot in each episode is filled with comedy, excitement and suspense(even if it's sometimes over the top) with more stakes for each episode and follows an interesting main character with personality traits, weaknesses, internal conflict, goals, motivations. Who develops at at the end. Also excited to see more about Samdak and his identity.

the opening song is already an all time favourite of mine(my first time listening to J Pop) and the visuals in it are amazing as well. I'll try to support this anime directly. And Would love to see a season 2.
Aug 17, 11:28 PM

Mar 2016
Hobin thought he was fighting an immovable mountain, one mean bad guy... What he got instead was a true bro. Seeing the 3 of them being moved by Mangi's hair loss condition was just about the perfect blend of comedy and wholesomeness.

The season finale ends on a really high note, it's the most amusing and satisfying happy ending that this show could have for its first season's anime adaptation! The Viral Hit NewTube channel is growing in popularity and the money is coming in, wait until we get to the super chat donations and the sponsor insert, backed by his cameraman and editor, all this whilst having some of the most exhilarating content on the platform, Hobin is living the life. Imagine what would happen if they were to meet a hostile NewTube collaboration channels, oh wait...

The adaptation is a breath of fresh air as opposed to the current chapters in the manhwa, it's crazy to think that I started reading the then-called "How to fight" manhwa just because I saw an ad for a new fighting-esque manhwa several years ago. We have a lot of story to cover and even more development coming from Hobin. I would've wished they didn't change the Korean names into Japanese and being a fighting show, I hoped that if they were to have a 2nd season, the animation be more engaging. Other than that, faithful visual art almost 1:1 with the manhwa, true to the original adaptation and those killer OSTs, it's aight.
Sep 19, 5:10 PM
Apr 2023
A damn good anime@!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kenka Dokugaku Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 5

33 by X__Pluto__X »»
Aug 13, 3:30 AM

Poll: » Kenka Dokugaku Episode 2 Discussion

Stark700 - Apr 17

39 by X__Pluto__X »»
Aug 12, 5:44 AM

Poll: » Kenka Dokugaku Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 10

86 by X__Pluto__X »»
Aug 12, 3:21 AM

Poll: » Kenka Dokugaku Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 19

29 by ShadowkillZ »»
Aug 10, 5:03 AM

Poll: » Kenka Dokugaku Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 12

26 by ShadowkillZ »»
Jul 28, 2:27 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.