Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 4, 8:27 AM

Nov 2011
Tbh, I like Kei in this show. Even though his personality and work ethic can be questionable at times, he has talent.

The guy he met this episode was strange...compared to the main cast anyways. I do want to see these guys improve though, especially Kei. He just seems more goofier than others.
Jun 4, 8:29 AM

Dec 2021
Aoi's yips have improved, and the next challenge is Kei's skill enhancement. However, overwhelmed by the high demands, Kei escapes to the rooftop.

There, he encounters Kazuki Tsuchiya, an otaku who loves baseball video games but struggles with playing real baseball.

Jun 4, 9:46 AM

Mar 2021
Great to see that Aoi's yips are improving and Kazuki seems such a nice guy I think he will fit in perfectly with the guys.
Jun 4, 9:49 AM

Oct 2009
It sometimes occurs to me that there might be lots of undiscovered talent that has been buried by systems governed by strict rules and hierarchy.

Hooooooo boy, that's deeper than they probably even intended. Especially in Japan, I'd say. Congrats for going there. 👏🏻

Tsuchiya (hello, Daiya's Itsuki finding his way back to the field btw) and Kaname's first meeting though, the phone between his legs and the way Kaname crawls towards him is framed.... yeah, they knew exactly what they were doing. 🤣
Good going leaving everyone clueless about the new guy being another senpai btw, practically a post-game extra for shiggles.

Gotta love how slow this series is taking things, we actually get to be part of the team forming, in more ways than one, as opposed to having it premade for us offscreen. And watching these dorks find and settle into their places, getting to know them in the process, the way they adjust to each other and to new situations, is actually awesome. Paired with how meticulously so many locations are detailed, there certainly is high realism to it (usual manga/anime shenanigans notwithstanding).
Jun 4, 10:17 AM
Sep 2015
With just 4 episodes left I've to remind myself to be be satisfied with just them overcoming their past trauma. Let alone Koshien, I don't think there'll be another serious match in this season.
Jun 4, 10:45 AM

Jun 2019
The practice continues and the friendship stays as well. We have your usual Kaname banter and fun stuff but we needed a centre urgently. Fortunately, we found another player otaku who only likes to play 2D baseball and read manga but is not interested in 3D baseball because of his past horrible experience with the team environment.

Good for him, that he found these idiots who are the sweetest bunch and help others get back into the game. It was rather nice to see that again. Welcome to the team, second year, Tsuchiya Kazuki, you'll fit perfectly with this team.

The new OP additions were pretty good and Power Pro ref. alongside Roboco reference were peak. Keep it coming.

NIPPLE HAIR!!! ~ "Hilarious"- Kiyomine.
Jun 4, 11:53 AM

Apr 2008
I hope Kei doesn't spend the whole anime being clueless...seeing as this is episode 8 I am beginning to have my doubts 😭. It's still a good anime and I am really enjoying it but I don't see it really concluding much in the last few episodes especially when they just introduced a new character. Hoping for a second season....
Jun 4, 11:55 AM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
While Kei is trying to improve his skills as a catcher by fooling around, the team needs a center fielder. We get to meet Tsuchiya Kazuki, a second year who quit baseball because of the bullying from his former teammates and has become an otaku nerd that likes 2D baseball games and manga. Despite not being interested in playing baseball he showed some exceptional talent with his foot speed that is necessary to get in position to catch the ball even though he lacked stamina. After being forced to play for a second time, Kazuki was able to perform a jumping catch which allowed him to find his passion for playing baseball again.
Jun 4, 12:17 PM

Nov 2016
Kei is absolutely hilarious 😂 I missed him so much during the week break.
Jun 4, 2:31 PM
Nov 2020
I really missed these guys :) after a day at work, this series is a balm to my tired mind :)
Jun 4, 2:55 PM

Apr 2018
Hilarious episode as usual, but that ending got me curious. Is Kei "the commander" coming back?

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Jun 4, 6:24 PM

Nov 2007
OP ver.2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tNjL90PIn-Y

Power Pros on anime
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6liRUgCJy0
tsubasaloverJun 4, 6:29 PM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Jun 4, 11:29 PM

Mar 2007
While running away from practice Kei manages to recruit a center fielder! He's unhappy, Insecure with his past team but Kei just keeps dragging him to his team. They discover he's a fast runner but has no stamina and can't catch. Until ... the glasses guy tells him to do a jumping catch so he's not tense and blam, the ball is in the mitt!

Welcome to the team, 2nd year Center Fielder.

Just so wholesome. Love the sports comedy. Expecting a flashback next episode.
Jun 5, 9:11 AM

Jan 2017
Dang how I missed this gang so much, even with only a week of delayed episode.
I'm so happy with the addition of the new member who is a center fielder and an otaku at that. Also he's a second year, a senpai to these messy first years and it's kinda exciting to think about other years joining the team tbh. I was also really touched by Tsuchiya's line, "The great thing about being an otaku is everything's equal, regardless of age or status."
Jun 5, 9:16 AM

Sep 2018
It's rare for a story to feel this grounded in terms of pacing: the flow of time just feels so natural and not rushed at all. The past couple episodes that were spent exploring Todo's past were timed really well in the grand scheme of events. After knowing everything Todo went through before picking baseball up again, seeing the subtle shift in his expression while listening to Tsuchiya's story about feeling like he can't go back to playing baseball because he's ashamed of having ran away from it feels even more meaningful – his character development is so humane!! Him apologizing to Kaname, after Tsuchiya's presence made him think his spartan behavior over, was such a sweet moment as well.

Tsuchiya is a nice addition to the team, I already like him! I too am easily swayed by poetic, storybook-like events unfolding in real life right in front of my eyes, haha.
Jun 5, 10:53 AM

May 2015
Aww, what a nice episode, I like the new addition to the team, otaku-kun is so cute!

Also, love how beginner friendly this anime is. They pass it as Kei being stupid, but those are all valid questions a newbie might have but too afraid to ask, about basic positions and whatnot.
Jun 5, 12:42 PM
Aug 2012
Reply to Seven
I hope Kei doesn't spend the whole anime being clueless...seeing as this is episode 8 I am beginning to have my doubts 😭. It's still a good anime and I am really enjoying it but I don't see it really concluding much in the last few episodes especially when they just introduced a new character. Hoping for a second season....
@Seven
Looking at the next episode's preview it seems like he's somehow returned to his past self!
Jun 5, 2:06 PM
Apr 2024
It was a good episode, this team is going far and the most fun thing is they found a midfielder who, together with shortstop, are the most difficult positions in baseball, and the guy learned it by playing video games hahaha amazing I loved it so much
Jun 5, 5:02 PM
Pirate King
Feb 2021
Glad to see they found a center fielder who really loves baseball, but just was on a bad team who didn’t care about him. He can really grow with the rest of the team who have run from baseball or have amnesia, etc. they are all growing and it’s good to see them all come together. It seems Aoi’s yips are pretty much gone and it took a lot for him to come up and apologize to Kaname. Looking forward to next weeks episode.
Jun 5, 7:43 PM

May 2019
I don't mind the pacing of this show in regards to the team growing and adding new players but with 4 episodes remaining I don't think they will get to the point of having a complete team and playing competitively. Having said that I hope a 2nd season or cour is announced.

Regarding the new guy, this otaku seems like he'll be a solid center fielder (and it was funny how he demolished Kei in the video game).
Jun 6, 2:50 PM

Feb 2016
Does power pros even exist?
Jun 7, 12:53 AM

Oct 2022
This thing is starting to come together. Slowly
Jun 8, 12:23 PM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Wow the team has a new player, a central!!!
kekeke
Jun 11, 7:06 PM
Aug 2012
Reply to Groman
Does power pros even exist?
@Groman yes, it's a real quite long running baseball game series in Japan
Jun 13, 7:57 PM

Jul 2017
A center fielder is what the team lacks, as Aoi grasps better with his yips...and Kaname's just playing a mobile game, with somebody else.

Kaname being forced to realize that his role is actually important for the kaname rivet pin of the team, he still needs to learn how to lead the team, though his constant whining doesn't help much, running to the school rooftop to rant his anger, and finding Kazuki Tsuchiya being a 3D baseball Otaku, he actually wants to perform baseball in 2D. The hope that he was in rubber baseball being a reserve center fielder, he quit is former team because he couldn't understand the system, much less being shunned from it. And Kaname...just didn't care and brought him to the group...though his running is quite the dexerity at least for the short hop.

Trying to locate the 2nd Year Kazuki is a pain since he's not in the same 1st year class as them, and Kaname's patience once again runs out to the school rooftop, where Kazuki is of all places, and Kanname betting with him on a mobile game, it's not easy...but he did anyways the same lols, only retaining this time as an observant figure. And when they actually give Kazuki to try out, he still is worthy of a center fielder, which Shunpei tries to help elevate his skills with a jumping catch that shows that he still has the passion for baseball.

Welcome to the makeshift team, Kazuya.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boukyaku Battery (TV) Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 11

39 by Ronninn »»
25 minutes ago

Poll: » Boukyaku Battery (TV) Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - May 21

19 by KANLen09 »»
Jun 13, 7:38 PM

Poll: » Boukyaku Battery (TV) Episode 5 Discussion

Stark700 - May 7

20 by luz2002 »»
Jun 6, 8:16 PM

Poll: » Boukyaku Battery (TV) Episode 4 Discussion

Stark700 - Apr 30

24 by luz2002 »»
Jun 6, 7:40 PM

» OP & ED

MegamiRem - Apr 9

1 by tsubasalover »»
Jun 4, 6:23 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.