Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 30, 8:27 AM

Nov 2011
Not going to lie, for an episode this early for the season, we already got a tense match. Everyone has their responsibilities and the episode kinda put emphasis on that for everyone.

I also like the game psychology used. There's pressure put on Haruka as the pitcher but he played through it. Pretty sure this episode is just a taste of other games to come. Exciting!
Apr 30, 8:30 AM

Dec 2021
Haruka's pitching keeps the Teitoku High batters at bay, quickly achieving three consecutive strikeouts.

In the attack, Aoi, the lead batter, hits a home run on the first pitch, and gains momentum. As tensions rise, everyone braces for the showdown between Haruka and the genius batter Kazuki, who has a history with Kei.

Apr 30, 8:46 AM
Jul 2023
First serious perspective on Kei’s conditions and it seems like trauma related.
Apr 30, 9:39 AM

Oct 2009
And just like that - this episode ends up being awesome for the drama, for a change. Not that we don't get our fair share of stupid too, ofc.

On that note though: come on, guys, don't tell it, SHOW it. Talk about feeling cheated. Pfft.
Apr 30, 9:48 AM

Mar 2021
Really exciting episode was a shame to see them get absolutely destroyed but hopefully through this defeat they can get stronger.
Apr 30, 10:15 AM

Jun 2019
The practice match started and it was looking like our boys were doing good for a while until that pitch hit Kaname's mask and broke all his momentum. It scared him to his core. Poor kid. I felt really bad for him after that. It was like, he was trying his best but couldn't do it resulting in a humiliating defeat for our team.

It was sad to see them lose like that especially when their names were so highly praised. Hopefully, things get better for Kaname and our team. Really enjoying it so far. Can't wait for more.
Apr 30, 12:17 PM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
This anime continues to be hilarious as the practice match between Teitoku and Kotesashi continues. It wasn't until one of Haruka pitches hits Kei's face mask. I'm guessing that the trauma of catching Haruka's pitches is the cause of his amnesia. On top of that Kei realized that if you don't catch whatever the pitcher is throwing at you, the other team will start stealing bases and Teitoku's batters took advantage of that. I think Haruka needs to work on developing different pitches like a curveball or something because his fastballs are too intense for a regular catcher to make a play.
Apr 30, 12:38 PM

May 2015
Oh, I like how for all the comedy it suddenly goes full serious. And actually it is quite an interesting scenario from sports perspective too, exploring muscle memory and mental implications.
Apr 30, 2:40 PM

Apr 2023
Oh nooo I felt so sorry for Kei, luckily Haruka is a good friend and set a boundary. Hopefully everyone's frustrations will bring about improvements in the team next week!
Apr 30, 6:47 PM

Jul 2017
A friendly match between Teitoku and Kotesashi...the world's about to learn of the famous Kei-Haruka battery.

If that's not enough, both Shunpei and Aoi are also experts at their craft, though their constant bickerings and jokes steal the spotlight lols. But Kei constantly missing out the batter consecutively, he's just a joker who surprises Teitoku's manager as being bad at face value. Even for a practice game, they're taking this seriously and not, who's to judge whatever they're doing is right or wrong.

Even with Eiichiro Kokuto holding in Kei's nipple hair joke, he...has his moments too, always looking up to both Kei and Haruka, but this time, they're enemies being challenged by a fearsome batter who has improved tremendously, and is also proud of him. As the match progresses, both schools hit a stalemate, with Kokuto only being able to pace himself against Haruka, and Kei slipping up to catch the ball.

Even as a small team of rookies, losing the game is natural and frustrating, but the hope is there to be better.
Apr 30, 8:29 PM

Nov 2009
Love the DBZ Yamcha death pose reference lol.
Apr 30, 10:38 PM

Jan 2017
Well, losing is only the way for this team to grow so..
May 1, 8:48 AM

Jan 2021
I don't like Kei. He's kinda annoyed. I wish they focused more on the match than his joke, which is not funny at all. But I like Yamcha death pose meme reference at the beginning lol
May 1, 10:50 AM

May 2019
Yeah Haruka's team being up was only temporary although even if Kei's traumatic face mask hit didn't happen their team would've eventually lost as they were not working coherently plus they have newbies that need more practice. I think they will grow from this especially when Kei regains his confidence/memory back.
May 1, 3:49 PM
Pirate King
Feb 2021
The yamacha death pose from Kaname was hilarious 😆 all the DBZ references are great 👍 this episode as well was really good and maybe even goes into the trauma of why Kaname has amnesia in the first place, but we aren’t really sure all the details behind it and I’m sure we will figure it out.
May 2, 4:44 AM

Oct 2008
NIPPLE HAIR!!! what a perfect delivery! but it was not hilarious for Eiichirou HAHAHA!
5/5.

May 2, 7:22 AM
Isekai Trucker

Oct 2015
Surprisingly funny and interesting anime tbh. Didn't plan on even watching this and just started for some reason. Looking forward to more.
Today, I may be a weak little bug that gets tossed in the wind,
washed away by the currents, and drowns, but tomorrow,
I may become the butterfly that spreads its colossal wings and flies the open skies!

~ Oe Kintaro
May 3, 11:36 AM

Jul 2014
Ok this was a decent ep ngl. When they clown less , it is actually a decent show. I wish the vibes stays like that and the animation becomes a little bit better
May 4, 5:58 AM

Nov 2016
Kei is not cringe (he's my fave), but his nipple hair joke totally is! When he was preparing to say it during the game I was thinking "please no! please no!"... And then he got destroyed by that salty guy for it.
May 4, 11:50 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
The baseball is a "dangerous" game to the catcher!!!
They lost the match!!!
kekeke
May 5, 10:21 PM
Jan 2020
Can't remember the last time a sports anime was this good, and the fujos are missing when they're needed the most to actually make this popular
May 7, 5:23 AM
Dec 2023
mmmm that perfect set up for the angst from episode 1 finally makes its appearance,,, cant wait to uncover the story behind nipple hair's head injury and how pitcher is actually coping w his best friend having amensia haha its gonna hurt sooooo good ლ(´ڡ`ლ). also i started watching this cause when are sports animes never not just a little gay, these two better not disappoint

on another note, i cant believe im starting to find the nipple hair running gag actually funny. I LOVE YOU MAMORU MIYANO I WILL ALWAYS INSTANTLY RECOGNISE YOUR VA AND HOW AMAZINGLY U DELIVER LINES
kadayeuMay 7, 5:27 AM
May 15, 6:49 AM
Dec 2020
omg maybe... this does get better???
the first two eps were torture but this last two were ok? we're finally reaching a point where they take baseball seriously and not just duck around with the pitiful comedy-attempts
May 18, 11:47 AM

Oct 2011
Another DB reference lol.

If I were Kokuto I think I would have swung my bat at Kei for that nipple hair joke.

That was an intense episode, I was sure Kei's gonna have a panic attack after he got hit in the mask. For now best episode, hopefully it will go only up.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boukyaku Battery (TV) Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - 3 hours ago

4 by Pre_Yum »»
1 hour ago

Poll: » Boukyaku Battery (TV) Episode 6 Discussion

Stark700 - May 14

28 by MitsukiAkashi »»
May 19, 1:07 AM

Poll: » Boukyaku Battery (TV) Episode 5 Discussion

Stark700 - May 7

19 by Ayunee »»
May 18, 12:15 PM

Poll: » Boukyaku Battery (TV) Episode 3 Discussion

Stark700 - Apr 23

44 by Ayunee »»
May 18, 9:07 AM

Poll: » Boukyaku Battery (TV) Episode 2 Discussion

Stark700 - Apr 16

31 by AJpurple »»
May 15, 5:39 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.