Forum Settings
Forums

Manga 'Sakamoto Days' Gets TV Anime in Winter 2025

New
May 27, 6:22 AM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
Shueisha's first Jump Press video announced a television anime adaptation of Yuuto Suzuki's Sakamoto Days manga on Monday. An official website also opened and revealed the main cast, staff, teaser visual (pictured), and a teaser promotional video. The anime is scheduled to premiere in January 2025.

Tomokazu Sugita (Gintama, JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken (TV)) is starring as Tarou Sakamoto.

Staff
Director: Masaki Watanabe (Seikaisuru Kado, Bartender)
Series Composition: Taku Kishimoto (Blue Lock, Ousama Ranking)
Character Design: You Moriyama (Megalo Box director, Lupin the IIIrd: Jigen Daisuke no Bohyou character design assistance)
Studio: TMS Entertainment

Suzuki began drawing the action comedy manga as a one-shot, titled Sakamoto, in Jump GIGA in December 2019. The manga began regular serialization in Weekly Shounen Jump magazine in November 2020. Shueisha shipped the 16th volume on April 4, and the 17th volume is scheduled to be released on June 4. Sakamoto Days has a cumulative 4.3 million copies of its volumes in circulation.

VIZ Media licensed the manga for release in English in July 2021. The 11th volume went on sale on April 2, and the 12th volume is scheduled to be released on June 4. Shueisha's Manga Plus website and app is also releasing the manga in English.

Synopsis
Tarou Sakamoto was considered the greatest hitman of all time. Feared by many, he stood at the top of the underground world until he met and fell in love with a woman. As a result, Sakamoto abandoned his life of crime and now works as a convenience store clerk.

Leaving his shady past behind proves more difficult than Sakamoto initially imagined. Many of his former rivals and partners do not believe that he has truly left the business and show up in hopes of taking him out. Barred from killing, Sakamoto must find creative ways to subdue his enemies and prevent them from bringing harm to his family, his store, and the small town he resides in. [Written by MAL Rewrite]

Teaser PV

Official manga: https://sakamotodays.jp/
Official X (Twitter): @SAKAMOTODAYS_PR

Source: Comic Natalie

Sakamoto Days on MAL
DatRandomDudeMay 27, 7:01 AM
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

May 27, 6:34 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
I would have preferred a different studio, but I will remain cautiously optimistic for this
May 27, 6:40 AM

Sep 2017
I'd a preferred another studio as well but hey, at least it's not J.C. Staff

The PV looks quite good actually
May 27, 6:47 AM

Jan 2016
Shounen Jump loves TMS damn. Currently has Dr. Stone, had a big part in Undead Unluck, branch studio doing Ao no Hako and Sakamoto Days now

But Sugibro as Sakamoto... I kneel
Absolutely can't wait
May 27, 6:58 AM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
leme know if theres any sexy bad/evil women i can simp over instead of your typical dumb men in suits and or sunglasses
May 27, 6:59 AM
Dec 2020
>TMS
FUCK YOU SHUEISHA
why are production committees such fucking cheapskates
May 27, 7:02 AM

May 2020
This getting an adaptation itself is more than enough. And the studio isn't exactly someone as infamous as Deen or LIDENFILMS. Though it's heavily action based, so we'll see.

Though yeah, really glad and hyped for this. Best action manga in jump right now after all. Also, some choice for Sakamoto's VA lol.
May 27, 7:06 AM

Apr 2022
glad my favorite action manga is getting an adaptation but still kinda disappointed from the TMS confirmation. very excited to hear sugita though and i hope the anime does well despite my skepticism.
May 27, 7:28 AM

Oct 2017
Yooo Tomokazu san as Sakamoto.
May 27, 7:42 AM

Jun 2014
Bones or Production IG were my top two choices but the trailer is making me somewhat hopeful, even if it's just a minute long. Gonna temper my expectations for now but hoping for the best. Glad this long overdue anime adaptation is finally happening.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

May 27, 7:47 AM

Sep 2020
Reply to Softhenic03
This getting an adaptation itself is more than enough. And the studio isn't exactly someone as infamous as Deen or LIDENFILMS. Though it's heavily action based, so we'll see.

Though yeah, really glad and hyped for this. Best action manga in jump right now after all. Also, some choice for Sakamoto's VA lol.
@Softhenic03 LIDENFILMS is a good studio. Look at their recent track record they have improved a lot.
May 27, 7:59 AM
Oct 2018
Reply to EcchiGodMamster
leme know if theres any sexy bad/evil women i can simp over instead of your typical dumb men in suits and or sunglasses

get back to the gooncave
"I know anything goes here...
but this...
this is clearly not fucking okay...!"
-Fuyuhiko Kuzuryuu
May 27, 8:23 AM

Jul 2017
Manga's solid so hopefully this anime can turn out to be a fun watch and solid adaptation. Not too sure about the staff but I'll wait till I see a lot more to have certain levels of expectations.
May 27, 8:24 AM

Feb 2021
Finally! It was inevitable.
May 27, 9:22 AM

May 2021
The manga became boring extremely fast .... Let's see if the anime version makes me interested again

I'm level on MAL-Badges. View my badges.
May 27, 9:24 AM

May 2021
Reply to Softhenic03

@Softhenic03 We did it ladies and gentlemen . We found the only person on the internet that thinks that Lidenfilms is a bad studio .....

I'm level on MAL-Badges. View my badges.
May 27, 10:35 AM

May 2020
Yubisoft said:
We did it ladies and gentlemen . We found the only person on the internet that thinks that Lidenfilms is a bad studio .....
Jesus, what a laughable attempt to try to look witty. First you copy pasted an elementary school phrase, and then wrote something about "only person" on the internet. What Chinese internet you're using where you've never seen someone thinking the studio you've named is actually "bad"?
May 27, 11:33 AM
Oct 2016
Finally,about time!!!
May 27, 12:19 PM

Nov 2016
Only a few more months of patience 🙏🏻

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

May 27, 12:31 PM
Aug 2018
Sugita Tomokazu? Nice!
May 27, 12:43 PM

Apr 2012
Anime producers are back to the practice of issuing adaptations based on top manga sites, lol? It’s even interesting which titles will receive adaptations next, especially considering that now we consistently get 3-4 yuri and a couple of BLs a year.
May 27, 1:55 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
Reply to ChrisTries

get back to the gooncave
@ChrisTries

if they give me some sexy women goons then i can
May 27, 2:32 PM
Mar 2024
i knew it would be next when they dropped kaiju no 8 i was like sakamoto days next
May 27, 4:30 PM
May 2022
this is going to be so good I feel it in my bones
May 27, 6:52 PM

Apr 2016
Reply to EcchiGodMamster
@EcchiGodMamster there is, Kumanomi, but she won't be in the first season
May 27, 9:32 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
Reply to Kampos
@EcchiGodMamster there is, Kumanomi, but she won't be in the first season
@Kampos if theres only ONE in a sea of dudes, i'll skip lol
May 28, 12:42 AM
Nov 2022
Seriously, I've been waiting for more than 2 years. I was hoping for a traditional coloutful big announcement on the cover Weekly Jump where millions would see it. What do I get instead? The coolest mainstream manga of today's Jump gets a quiet, modest anime announcement in Twitter, to be noticed by a few hundred fans.

What kind of attitude is this? Do you mean that Sakamoto Days is worse than The Elusive Samurai and Blue Box?
May 28, 7:50 AM

Jul 2021
Seeing Lu in this trailer makes me pissed lowkey... she barely exist in the later plots. Sugita as Sakomoto got me seated though.
"......If I told you that I was a real witch, would you believe it?"

May 28, 10:01 AM

Jan 2009
damn mid production quality as expected of tms
May 29, 4:30 PM

Aug 2010
Sakamoto Days is one of the best manga in Jump right now, hopefully the anime can do it justice.
Bum Bum Dum Dum

More topics from this board

» Light Novel 'Class no Daikirai na Joshi to Kekkon suru Koto ni Natta.' Gets TV Anime

Vindstot - Yesterday

27 by Alucardxh »»
9 minutes ago

» 'Dandadan' Reveals Additional Cast, Second Promo

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

9 by RobertBobert »»
3 hours ago

» 'Tsuki ga Michibiku Isekai Douchuu' Gets Third Season

6 by Otakupervert890 »»
4 hours ago

» Light Novel 'Isekai Mokushiroku Mynoghra' Gets TV Anime

Nioxys - Jun 23

6 by uncleqrow »»
5 hours ago

» Manga 'Boku no Hero Academia' Ends in Five Chapters

23 by thebrentinator24 »»
6 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.