Forum Settings
Forums
New
May 24, 5:42 PM

Jan 2022
Do you really expect an anime show with the budget of 900 grand to look like a pixar movie or something?
I don't understand why "good animation" is relevant, no animation is more resourced or technically better it's just a bunch of tricks and different styles for different audiences, lol.
May 24, 5:44 PM

May 2019
No, it would either look like a shinkai/ghibli film or something highly detailed and immaculately vibrant like red line.
May 24, 5:51 PM

Jan 2022
Reply to tchitchouan
No, it would either look like a shinkai/ghibli film or something highly detailed and immaculately vibrant like red line.
@tchitchouan those are just tricks to make the anime you're watching look more slick and flashy, it's a style not a quantifier of quality.
May 24, 5:57 PM

May 2019
Reply to LenRea
@tchitchouan those are just tricks to make the anime you're watching look more slick and flashy, it's a style not a quantifier of quality.
@LenRea So, what is quality according to you ?
May 24, 7:14 PM

Jul 2013
It doesn't really matter. Coz it is just anime. It is nothing significiant...
May 25, 1:58 AM

Sep 2016
Good animation is when it looks like the creation required lots of effort.
This dance is the pinnacle of human achievement.
May 25, 2:25 AM
Jun 2015
Well, it's animation that looks good?
May 25, 2:41 AM

Jul 2016
did you just say that you have no idea why good animation is relevant... on the topic of animated shows?
May 25, 5:31 AM

May 2021
Reply to LenRea
@LenRea You could say the same thing about Pixar then...
What debating with DigiCat is like according to APolygons2
That's why I thought a discussion would be pointless. It doesn't feel like a debate. It feels like I'm playing chess and somehow lose to an uno reverse card after loosing all my monopoly money lol
May 25, 6:52 AM

Jan 2022
Reply to Zarutaku
Good animation is when it looks like the creation required lots of effort.
@Zarutaku but did it really "required lots of effort." ? That's the question.
May 25, 7:00 AM

Sep 2016
Reply to LenRea
@Zarutaku but did it really "required lots of effort." ? That's the question.
@LenRea Doesn't matter, it just need to look like it did.
May 25, 7:04 AM

Jan 2022
Reply to Zarutaku
@LenRea Doesn't matter, it just need to look like it did.
@Zarutaku That's what I'm saying. The term "good animation" shouldn't exist as animation can't be measured objectively.
May 25, 7:10 AM

Sep 2016
Reply to LenRea
@Zarutaku That's what I'm saying. The term "good animation" shouldn't exist as animation can't be measured objectively.
@LenRea Best measure available are the animation costs.
May 25, 7:55 AM

Sep 2018
Reply to LenRea
@LenRea intersubjectivity exists.
May 25, 8:22 AM

Jan 2009
May 25, 9:07 AM

May 2021
When the animation shows what it wants to show in a dynamic and fluid way.

May 25, 9:38 AM

Jul 2013
I would say 60 fps at 4k. It is as simple as that.
May 25, 1:37 PM

Jul 2016
when i look at it and go "holy shit there goes your animation budget"
May 25, 1:39 PM

Jul 2013
All animation sucks. It is just pointless entertainment designed to control the unintelligent masses.
Jun 3, 1:16 PM

May 2019
You may have contradicted yourself there bud. "No animation is more resourced or technically better", bro says right after imlpying that Pixar is more resourced and technically better.
Amoh25Jun 3, 1:21 PM
Gintoki and Sugita's birthdays are 1 day apart.
Jun 3, 1:22 PM

Jan 2022
Reply to Amoh25
You may have contradicted yourself there bud. "No animation is more resourced or technically better", bro says right after imlpying that Pixar is more resourced and technically better.
@Amoh25 I don't like Pixar animation tho so i didn't say it's better...
Jun 3, 1:27 PM

Apr 2020
Reply to LenRea
@LenRea

yes it can. animation that follows the principles of animation (animation with physics) is objectively better than the one that doesn't or demonstrates it poorly.

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 3, 1:44 PM

Dec 2017
I don't know about good animation but I fucking hate it when an anime without budget tries to do some fancy effects or movements only to bleed my eyes dry.

Animated slideshow > 2 fps garbage
karrotStickJun 3, 1:54 PM
❝Kabo-chan is ran by the MAL staff team and does not respond to individual comments made on her profile.❞
I was immensely devastated.
Jun 3, 2:19 PM

Mar 2023
When a anime looks like this, then you known that you have truly crafted the art of animation.

Jun 3, 3:01 PM

May 2018
when I start looking at it as "art", that's when I know it's good animation.
can't yuck my yum

Jun 4, 5:49 AM

Nov 2019
good animation (and art for that matter) makes something look more 'fluid' and less like still images with moving mouths
Jun 4, 5:58 AM

Nov 2023
If it looks nice and has lots of pretty proportions and autonomy. And not Ai generated
Jun 4, 6:10 AM
Call me Oniichan

Jan 2007
If a studio makes a battle anime but animates it at 3.5 frames per second, then they shouldn't be surprised when the reception is negative.

But if an anime doesn't require fast-paced action scenes to be good, then good animation doesn't matter. All that matters then is the artstyle and good character designs. Plus good voice acting and direction.

Also laughing my ass off at "people" in this thread who don't understand the difference between good animation and good artstyle.
Jun 7, 11:05 AM

May 2019
Reply to LenRea
@Amoh25 I don't like Pixar animation tho so i didn't say it's better...
@LenRea I never said that you liked Pixar. That's not my point.
My point is that your exact words were "Do you really expect an anime show with the budget of 900 grand to look like a pixar movie or something?" What does that line mean if not "Pixar is better"? Please do elaborate.
Gintoki and Sugita's birthdays are 1 day apart.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Is there a correlation between not liking spicy food, and liking bad anime?

Nyron - 16 minutes ago

2 by FanofAction »»
8 minutes ago

» ⌛ How many of your top-10 fiction is anime? ( 1 2 3 )

Shizuna - Mar 27, 2022

121 by justadice »»
13 minutes ago

» What character has the strongest defense?

SilentAssassin88 - 42 minutes ago

3 by Mayahuel »»
18 minutes ago

» Evangelion sucks

brainburger - Jun 20

44 by Guilmon1 »»
22 minutes ago

» do you have a fap log?

slopgobbler - 6 hours ago

22 by BruhFunny69 »»
34 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.