Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 17, 10:58 AM

Apr 2010
Leave it up to Rin to screw up in the final corner well at least she tried but she just needs a little bit more patience.
Anyway selecting the rain tires at the best moment was a nice choice and Rin seemed to be doing well in the rain.
Hopefully she will have learned her lesson tho.
May 17, 11:37 AM

Apr 2019
Ok, so after some tracks with at least real location names we came back to generic now with a long version of Interlagos, in Brazil, called Ortiz, which is a Spanish surname, however I still believe there is a lot of people having this miss conception, so it does not surprise me.

Rain in Interlagos was a good call, since it's the track that brings this unpredictable factor year after year. The race narrative itself was good, perhaps the best of the season so far and Rin payed the price for being precocious and...not listen to the AI? Someone who left us 30 years ago said "if you no longer go for that gap that exists, you're no longer a racing driver" so it's ok to try and get it wrong. That's racing.

The anime is still awful, however I cannot be hypocritical since I'm still here watching it weekly so what I can say is that the worst part was honestly the first episodes, it got better since the episode with Rin hanging out with King, in my useless opinion.
May 17, 11:51 AM

Mar 2021
Really intense racing at the alternate timeline Interlagos with rain always a game changer. Rin almost had it but her over enthusiasm once again was her downfall i really do hope we see her get at least a podium before the show ends.
May 17, 6:21 PM

Nov 2010
So, King and Queen changed to dry-weather tires for only a short time, and Sophia saved time without doing so. But how she guessed rain was coming was not told. She may have read the weather from the look of the sky.
May 17, 7:57 PM
Sep 2019
Reply to LuizFelipeNM
Ok, so after some tracks with at least real location names we came back to generic now with a long version of Interlagos, in Brazil, called Ortiz, which is a Spanish surname, however I still believe there is a lot of people having this miss conception, so it does not surprise me.

Rain in Interlagos was a good call, since it's the track that brings this unpredictable factor year after year. The race narrative itself was good, perhaps the best of the season so far and Rin payed the price for being precocious and...not listen to the AI? Someone who left us 30 years ago said "if you no longer go for that gap that exists, you're no longer a racing driver" so it's ok to try and get it wrong. That's racing.

The anime is still awful, however I cannot be hypocritical since I'm still here watching it weekly so what I can say is that the worst part was honestly the first episodes, it got better since the episode with Rin hanging out with King, in my useless opinion.
Both tracks today were a mix and match of circuits.

R8: Circuit of the Americas, but swap turns 3 to 9 with Abu Dhabi turns 20 to 2
R9: Interlagos, but the Descida do Lago (T5) to Pinheirinho (T9) section became Hockenreimring's sector 2 in reverse.

As for the name, I'll never forgive the Japanese for turning the glory of my home circuit into Argentine propaganda (an easy replacement for Ortiz would be Silva or Da Silva, if they bothered to look up Senna's full name, La Pa could become Felipe, due to former F1 drivers Massa and Nasr, and potential future F1 driver Drugovich)

Also, I always considered Revol Burst as a replacement/combination of DRS and Overtake mode, cuz wing retracts and power goes up, but it being allowed in the rain... it's risky to say the least.
May 17, 8:02 PM

Apr 2019
GameFanaticBR said:
Both tracks today were a mix and match of circuits.

R8: Circuit of the Americas, but swap turns 3 to 9 with Abu Dhabi turns 20 to 2
R9: Interlagos, but the Descida do Lago (T5) to Pinheirinho (T9) section became Hockenreimring's sector 2 in reverse.

As for the name, I'll never forgive the Japanese for turning the glory of my home circuit into Argentine propaganda (an easy replacement for Ortiz would be Silva or Da Silva, if they bothered to look up Senna's full name, La Pa could become Felipe, due to former F1 drivers Massa and Nasr, and potential future F1 driver Drugovich)

Also, I always considered Revol Burst as a replacement/combination of DRS and Overtake mode, cuz wing retracts and power goes up, but it being allowed in the rain... it's risky to say the least.

Nice explanation and yes, good point. Silva would be fun because it's the more common however would be more appropriate than Ortiz, and yes, Revol Burst is a boosted version of real push to pass power ups such as DRS however it feels like Nitrox from Hotwheels Acceleracers too...
May 18, 2:53 PM
Feb 2015
Nooo ! RIN ! I was so hyped up for the last lap ! What a shame ahah. ^^
Its great that they managed to get races interesting with each new episodes, a far cry from the first one.
May 18, 4:18 PM
elk sensei

Oct 2013
I thought they were actually going to allow her to have something positive in this series. But no, it just becomes the stupidest episode in a stupid series. At first I liked the humor, but I don't see anything humorous in this series anymore. I've held off dropping it due to the cute 3D girls and with the hope that they will actually allow her to have some success. That hope is fading fast.
May 18, 5:48 PM

Aug 2022
Out of all the races in the anime thus far, Round 9 was the most interesting one. If only because the show finally allowed someone that isn't the King to win the race.

Not to mention that Rin could have easily won this round through the power of plot armor. But to keep things less predictable, she looses despite having an ace up her sleeve when she gets too cocky.

Not saying that all the problems from the past episodes have magically been fixed, but baby steps I guess.....
May 19, 1:21 AM

Feb 2023
In episode 1 we learned that they're not allowed to use the burst before round 3, but now Sophia is using it right at the start of round 1. Did I miss something?
May 19, 4:49 PM
Lily Flower

Dec 2020
Reply to Vaturna
In episode 1 we learned that they're not allowed to use the burst before round 3, but now Sophia is using it right at the start of round 1. Did I miss something?
@Vaturna It was said as the race was beginning that at that circuit burst was allowed to be used immediately. They didn't say way, I'm guessing just to give a more interesting race with a couple twists.

May 19, 4:55 PM
Lily Flower

Dec 2020
On the one hand, she saw a gap that she could go through and made the attempt, which is the sign of a great racing driver, to have the bravery to make the attempt when you see the chance. If you don't go for a gap like that for the win, can you really be aiming for the top? On the other hand, sadly, Rin doesn't quite have the skill to pull that off yet, and wrecked the whole car. Whoops?

Honestly, it reminded me immediately of George Russel in Singapore, putting everything into going for 2nd and then messing up right at the end and crashing out. Rin went for first and ended up with nothing. I am kinda hoping Rin gets some success soon, but at the same time, I have been internally complaining about the races being predictable, so I can't really complain now when we got the most interesting race with a non-King/Queen winner and a last corner crash.

Hopefully she isn't in too much trouble for wrecking the car.

May 20, 12:32 AM

Feb 2023
Reply to CutieZia
@Vaturna It was said as the race was beginning that at that circuit burst was allowed to be used immediately. They didn't say way, I'm guessing just to give a more interesting race with a couple twists.
@CutieZia
I have no idea how I missed that. It was explained seconds before she uses it. 😣
Thanks.

The restriction to not use the burst before round 3 felt quite natural to me from a racing perspective, so I wonder what the reason would have been for a change like that. It definitely gave the race an interesting spin, that's for sure.
May 22, 5:27 PM

Jan 2009
luck is a skill too that is true
but sophia is naturally lucky
May 23, 12:17 PM

Mar 2022
Hmmm, I've not seen any outstanding skills from Rin. And she failed to follow even a basic instruction at the most crucial moment.

Honestly at this point, it's hard to cheer for her or even imagine her winning the race. She's turning out to be nothing more than a gag character...
Jun 6, 6:01 AM

Jul 2017
A race restart after the Summer break in the US, but still, both Richard and Alice continue to dominate the circuits, while being wary of Rin, who still keeps her position at the back of the pack. And despite still managing to keep arrears, a praise is not enough for Rin, not even her AI ami can put it into words.

Even onto the next race for an alter Interlagos, everyone is looking for a way to gain positions, even with Sophia, who doesn't feel that luck is on her side, and having to force her circumstances to eke out the win, especially in a sudden downpour, which finally smiles luck on her. Rin also getting the chance to aim higher after that unforecasted rain on slick tyres, but ended up screwing her win quite badly, it's Sophia who comes out on top.

When will Rin ever learn to take a chance for the best?
Jul 27, 11:10 PM

Oct 2019
yay, more bland racing commentary. Luckily, not for long as we switch things up and see that character trait of Rin. She is that attention seeker, pushing to get first but her aggressiveness hampered her and cost her the race when she was so close to getting 2nd, even with her chief for the car noticed the clouds rolling in. On top of, we had some foreshadow of Sophias luck in regards to the board game.
"Perfection is perception. For me, humanity's imperfections is what makes it perfect"

More topics from this board

Poll: » Highspeed Etoile Episode 12 Discussion

KANLen09 - Jun 21

21 by Otakupervert890 »»
Aug 26, 10:26 PM

Poll: » Highspeed Etoile Episode 10 Discussion

Aversa - Jun 7

12 by FireRifle64 »»
Jul 28, 12:32 PM

Poll: » Highspeed Etoile Episode 11 Discussion

Aversa - Jun 14

12 by FireRifle64 »»
Jul 28, 12:23 PM

Poll: » Highspeed Etoile Episode 8 Discussion

Aversa - May 24

11 by FireRifle64 »»
Jul 27, 11:39 PM

Poll: » Highspeed Etoile Episode 5 Discussion

Aversa - May 3

25 by FireRifle64 »»
Jul 27, 8:16 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.