Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 24, 10:59 AM

Apr 2010
This was a tense episode.
Wrecking your race car is one thing wrecking a Toyota 2000GT is a crime against Humanity luckily it didn't happen.
Seeing all the girls stalling the car was funny tho and hopefully Rin learned a few things about the rhythm of the race track.
Judging from the cliffhanger tho the AI might be working against her next time.
May 24, 11:48 AM

Mar 2021
So glad that Rin didn't wreck the Toyota 2000GT it's such a gorgeous car. I do hope she learns from this training and puts it to good use in the remaining races.
May 24, 11:49 AM

Jan 2009
so rin is good at old school manual driving then
May 24, 1:51 PM
Nov 2008
The animation of the Toyota 2000 GT was top notch. It gave me chills. We get to see some clues as to why Rin is almost always at the back.
May 24, 4:06 PM
Feb 2024
I'm happy she's finally doing something well
May 25, 2:22 AM
Apr 2018
new era incoming!
May 25, 6:06 PM
Feb 2015
This is promising for the rest ! I am eager to witness the next race !
May 25, 6:54 PM

Aug 2022
The series takes place in a time when combustion engine powered vehicles are a relic of the past. Along with manual driving.

Despite that, Rin somehow seems well suited to driving manually. Wonder how will this factor in future episodes?

Also, I wonder what what's the deal of pointing out Rin's left foot.....
May 31, 7:02 PM
Dec 2015
8 episodes in and I'm starting to get bored of this. When are they going to make Rin win for once? She doesn't even get second or third yet. Too many failed episodes of her not winning a single race is starting to become an annoyance rather than exciting. Perhaps I was just expecting more this episode especially after Rin got a new car. I thought perhaps things would change and she would start getting better, but no. Another failure of a race. And the worst of it, she didn't even get to race at all. It would have been something if she would come in sixth still, but no. Isn't this girl supposed to be special or something? I've seen nothing special about her yet.
Jun 5, 1:21 PM
Tsumi To Kisei

Nov 2021
Reply to Aversa
This was a tense episode.
Wrecking your race car is one thing wrecking a Toyota 2000GT is a crime against Humanity luckily it didn't happen.
Seeing all the girls stalling the car was funny tho and hopefully Rin learned a few things about the rhythm of the race track.
Judging from the cliffhanger tho the AI might be working against her next time.
@Aversa
it's true, even the way Genjirou looks at Ami suggests a betrayal made by Ami
Jun 6, 6:31 AM

Jul 2017
The Toyota 2000GT is one racing legend, and this car becomes Rin's to be driven in replacement for totaling her car...or so she thinks when the cohort comes to see her being near-fired.

The legend borrowed from the owner for Rin to train on, but the other girls give it a go for a classic relic car since Rin is a coward on trying. But despite their best efforts, Chitose merely laughed off their efforts for the leap in technological advancements, in exchange for old tricks like driving manually with the gear shifts and such. Meanwhile, ami getting fixed and upgraded is a good thing, and Rin slowly managing to drive the 2000GT is a sight to behold, she's just a classic old school driver who relies more on her intuition more than things like AI help, and is her standout feature.

Old-school driving against AI, where does Rin find a consensus between both?
Jul 27, 11:39 PM

Oct 2019
some necessary stakes here, the owner is bringing the hammer down that she needs to beat king and get on that podium, though it seems he is attentive of her driving style. I am still waiting on her backstory which will probably be in ep 11 or 12 im assuming. Additionally, i kinda wish they did more with the racers she hangs with. Like, they are cute but lack substance imo. They lack my interest. Having said interest, quite interested in ami tho. What type of tech is this company dealing with and what will happen as we progress.
"Perfection is perception. For me, humanity's imperfections is what makes it perfect"

More topics from this board

Poll: » Highspeed Etoile Episode 12 Discussion

KANLen09 - Jun 21

21 by Otakupervert890 »»
Aug 26, 10:26 PM

Poll: » Highspeed Etoile Episode 10 Discussion

Aversa - Jun 7

12 by FireRifle64 »»
Jul 28, 12:32 PM

Poll: » Highspeed Etoile Episode 11 Discussion

Aversa - Jun 14

12 by FireRifle64 »»
Jul 28, 12:23 PM

Poll: » Highspeed Etoile Episode 7 Discussion

Aversa - May 17

16 by FireRifle64 »»
Jul 27, 11:10 PM

Poll: » Highspeed Etoile Episode 5 Discussion

Aversa - May 3

25 by FireRifle64 »»
Jul 27, 8:16 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.