Forum Settings
Forums

Do you update your list with the exact day?

New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
May 16, 8:33 AM

Jan 2009
ye so that i cannot forget it my memory is bad
May 16, 9:11 AM
♡( •ॢ◡-ॢ)✧˖° ♡

Dec 2014
Yes, as long as I remember to do so and not too busy :)

(っ◔◡◔)っ 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝔀𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓭𝓪𝔂 ♥
May 16, 9:12 AM

Dec 2019
I used to do that when i first created my profile but then got lazier to do it so now it took me actual months to update something that i finish.
May 16, 9:35 AM

Jul 2016
Ever since I first started using mal, yeah. Usually after a few hours of binging I update my list. I like to keep things in order so I make sure to keep up with my list.
May 16, 10:42 AM

May 2018
not always but I try to bc sometimes I'll lose my place
DRINK SOME WATER! FOOL!!!
May 16, 12:27 PM
ᕙ(⇀‸↼‶)ᕗ

Aug 2014
I prefer to update my list after I have viewed something.
May 16, 12:38 PM

Jan 2021
nah man i aint doing allat i only have 24 hours in a day 😔

Migi... Handle the defence.
May 16, 2:34 PM

Jul 2013
Why would I wanna update it everyday tbh???
May 16, 4:00 PM

Jul 2019
Yeah pretty much. When I'm not updating my list, it means I'm not watching or reading anything.

-[ ~♫~ ll Credit ]-
May 16, 4:05 PM

Jul 2013
Why would I want the whole f'ing world to know what anime shows I am watching btw? It makes no sense to be to do that...
May 16, 4:07 PM

Jul 2019
Reply to DesuMaiden
Why would I want the whole f'ing world to know what anime shows I am watching btw? It makes no sense to be to do that...
@DesuMaiden, people are different, ig. For me, MAL happens to be a track site that I use.

-[ ~♫~ ll Credit ]-
May 16, 4:08 PM

Jul 2013
Reply to LordSozin
@DesuMaiden, people are different, ig. For me, MAL happens to be a track site that I use.
@LordSozin makes no sense to do that...
May 16, 4:15 PM

Jul 2019
Reply to DesuMaiden
@LordSozin makes no sense to do that...
@DesuMaiden, why not? The reason I even have MAL is to discover and track anime and so on. Do you use MAL or any other sites like Anilist?

-[ ~♫~ ll Credit ]-
May 16, 4:23 PM

Jul 2013
Reply to LordSozin
@DesuMaiden, why not? The reason I even have MAL is to discover and track anime and so on. Do you use MAL or any other sites like Anilist?
@LordSozin no I do not...I dont want to track anime...because it is not worth tracking...
May 16, 4:25 PM

Feb 2021
Sometimes, usually before or after the air date.
May 16, 4:39 PM

Mar 2018
I update my anime list after watching each episode. I update my manga list after each chapter, or I update after I binge read.
May 16, 4:54 PM

Jan 2021
Most of the time I update my list the same day
May 16, 5:08 PM

Apr 2020
With weekly episodes, I tend to forget to update my list. But I do bother updating it when I can.
Does it update the dates anywhere in our personal lists when we've watched a specific episode? I honestly don't know.

I do have some kind of OCD when it comes to start/end dates though. I even go through my streaming services' history to see when exactly I watched the first and last episode, and it irritates me when I can't find it or figure it out through memory. I'd rather not feel that way though.
-+=<(8)>=+- -+=<(8)>=+- -+=<(8)>=+- -+=<(8)>=+- -+=<(8)>=+- -+=<(8)>=+- -+=<(8)>=+-
May 16, 5:14 PM

Jul 2013
I update the exact start date and end date for all shows. Not sure how you can log individual episodes (without putting a custom comment). I usually have MAL opened on a browser tab and just click the + to the count when I complete an episode.
May 17, 3:52 AM

Jul 2015
Reply to HellindiuM
I update the exact start date and end date for all shows. Not sure how you can log individual episodes (without putting a custom comment). I usually have MAL opened on a browser tab and just click the + to the count when I complete an episode.
@HellindiuM
HellindiuM said:
I usually have MAL opened on a browser tab and just click the + to the count when I complete an episode.
Pretty much same. That's why I don't feel the need to input the exact day when completing an anime.
May 17, 3:54 AM

Jul 2015
Reply to DesuMaiden
@DesuMaiden Bruh, is this why you haven't updated your list at all in over a decade now? https://prnt.sc/dWyU3yoxcFkk
May 17, 4:43 AM

Mar 2021
It depends. The anime I watch on Crunchyroll, I only update here once I've finished them. The shows I watch on other sites, I update after each episode because Crunchyroll keeps track of which episode I was on, while other sites usually don't
May 17, 4:46 AM
Call me Oniichan

Jan 2007
I try to update the list the same day I finish an anime. Otherwise I'll forget and never do it. I have bad memory.
May 17, 7:07 AM

Jan 2020
I get used to update the list after watching an episode on the same day, so imo it's a wise approach.

May 17, 11:20 AM

Jul 2013
I havent updated My Anime List for nearly 10 years on this site, even though I watch alot of anime...
May 17, 12:42 PM
Community Mod
Equanimity

Nov 2020
I always update my list via the MAL app, which takes just a few seconds, so I usually update my list immediately after watching an episode. Most entries have the exact date because this is automatically entered when I start watching the anime and finish it, but I don't really care, even if for some reason the automatic entry didn't work I don't bother to enter a date and just leave it blank.
May 18, 12:00 AM

Jul 2015
Reply to DesuMaiden
I havent updated My Anime List for nearly 10 years on this site, even though I watch alot of anime...
@DesuMaiden No offense, but why are you even here on MAL if you're not updating your list at all?

I understand not wanting to share your list with others, but what's the point of using MAL if you're not doing that? You could at least track your anime and keep your list private if sharing it with others is your main concern.
May 18, 12:06 AM

Jul 2015
Reply to -DxP-
I always update my list via the MAL app, which takes just a few seconds, so I usually update my list immediately after watching an episode. Most entries have the exact date because this is automatically entered when I start watching the anime and finish it, but I don't really care, even if for some reason the automatic entry didn't work I don't bother to enter a date and just leave it blank.
@-DxP- The MAL app is quite fast for updating your list, but it's not that convenient for other stuff. I mainly use it when I don't have access to my laptop.

Btw, a community mod replied to my thread? I feel truly honored! ^^
May 18, 8:49 AM

Jul 2013
Reply to Pokitaru
@DesuMaiden No offense, but why are you even here on MAL if you're not updating your list at all?

I understand not wanting to share your list with others, but what's the point of using MAL if you're not doing that? You could at least track your anime and keep your list private if sharing it with others is your main concern.
@Pokitaru well, you raise a good point. I just like chatting with other anime fans on here, rather than sharing my anime lists on here tbh...
May 18, 10:19 AM

Jan 2009
If you mean the start and finishing dates, I don't do those manually

They are added when you use a third-party app such as MAL Updater or explicitly go to your own Anime list and then choose "edit", but it's quite counter-intuitive to expect people to do that themselves when the information could be just gathered from the time of the update of the first episode to the time the last episode was updated and/or the series was set to "completed"
May 18, 10:20 AM

Jul 2013
I just updated it btw...it felt worth updating...
May 18, 10:14 PM

May 2016
not most of the time. there are times where i do update my list immediately after watching or finishing an anime or media, such as a movie.

I'm level on MAL-Badges. View my badges.
MAL Graph

May 18, 10:45 PM

Aug 2016
most of the time but there are times were are I forget to add a new episode and even dont realize it till next week.
:v
May 19, 2:34 AM
Jul 2023
MALSync

Probably wouldn't even use mal without it.
May 19, 7:12 AM

Jul 2013
I dont even watch that much anime these days tbh...
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Tried going to reddit to discuss Anime, worst decision ever. ( 1 2 3 )

kriissyy12 - Jul 4, 2022

118 by WatchTillTandava »»
10 minutes ago

» Is there any anime which you haven't watched but you enjoyed the Hentai/Doujin centred around that perticular series ?

GoodBoy0069 - Jun 1

15 by Steve_Meave »»
18 minutes ago

» Blu-ray is an outdated metric, Streaming services are the new standard ( 1 2 )

removed-user - Jun 2

54 by Suntanned_Duck2 »»
48 minutes ago

» Do you feel like theaters outside of Japan should reconsider expanding screening for anime movies, do daily rerun daily screening events, etc. since not all of us are able to make it due to busy life, important matters, etc.?

WingZeroRequiem - 2 hours ago

4 by SmugMiri »»
50 minutes ago

» Most Overrated Characters in the Top 50?

SamDaniel - Aug 3, 2021

41 by Daviljoe193 »»
1 hour ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.