Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]
May 6, 8:03 PM
Jan 2024
these fellows gay!!,,,, good for them, good for them.
May 6, 10:58 PM
Dec 2021
In this episode, Yoru, the comedic relief of the group, finds herself grappling with inner turmoil as she confronts her insecurities about her art. Despite being a viral sensation, she faces criticism online, stirring up doubts about her talent and belonging. Yoru's struggle with self-doubt takes a toll on her, leading to resentment towards praise from others. Meanwhile, the resolution to her conflict comes unexpectedly quick, as she decides to improve her skills through practice and study. However, the highlight of the episode is the burgeoning romantic tension between Yoru and Kano, culminating in a surprising kiss. The development hints at a potential queer romance storyline, promising new layers to the characters' relationships. As the episode ends, I'm left intrigued about the direction the story will take, with hopes for a sensitive portrayal of the emerging romance.

May 6, 11:39 PM

Jan 2011
Yeah that kiss reminds me of how Ellie kissed Riley in the Left Behind DLC. That wasn't friendship kiss. Kano has feelings for her. Let's see them take advantage. Now beside thatthis episode did a good job of handling insecurities. As a writer, I have dealt with shit like this before. You don't solve it overnight but you solve but refining your craft and proving people wrong. I love how they did this with regard to Yoru.

Lastly, can we beg the creators to put the OST for this show up for sale? This OST is just magic.
MasterHavikMay 7, 5:46 PM
I haven't updated in years but now I have changed that. I'll be free soon.
May 7, 12:38 AM

Apr 2010
Reply to MasterHavik
Yeah that kiss reminds me of how Ellie kissed Riley in the Left Behind DLC. That wasn't friendship kiss. Kano has feelings for her. Let's see them take advantage. Now beside thatthis episode did a good job of handling insecurities. As a writer, I have dealt with shit like this before. You don't solve it overnight but you solve but refining your craft and proving people wrong. I love how they did this with regard to Yoru.

Lastly, can we beg the creators to put the OST for this show up for sale? This OST is just magic.
Soundtrack is set to be released on June 26.
May 7, 1:04 AM

Jul 2022
I definitely felt Yoru's struggle... haters will be haters, no matter how "good" you are at anything, and comparison is the thief of joy (and time).

Just have fun doing what you love and be kind to yourself. At the end of the day, that's all that matters. <3
May 7, 3:41 AM

May 2015
Ganbare Yoru, you will be a great illustrator !
May 7, 5:46 PM

Jan 2011
Reply to TiagoCosta
Soundtrack is set to be released on June 26.
@TiagoCosta You're the MVP man. Thank you!
I haven't updated in years but now I have changed that. I'll be free soon.
May 7, 10:52 PM

Jan 2017
I need more Yuri moments between Mahiru and Kano.
May 8, 6:20 AM
Oct 2023
Circled back to Yoru, i think she is the strongest character in terms of development
May 8, 6:58 AM

Oct 2008
oh a kiss! i guess its now YURI tribadism time!!! LOLZ!
5/5.

May 9, 1:44 AM

Dec 2023
Ending was unexpected
Nice ep
May 9, 10:19 AM
Mar 2023
great cap, very cute and emotional
May 10, 6:36 AM
Mob Character C

Oct 2009
Suit up, "lads", because we might be going the yuri route!
So this has been one of my favorites of the season. I've been having fun trying to get into the characters on a personal level and practicing voice acting. It's been really easy to do because I very much feel connected to what these characters are doing. Being an amateur creator is very much a journey of trial and error, hoping things work, sometimes self-doubt, and so on. So even this episode, I felt for Yoru. I'm not usually in a situation where someone else draws my own characters better and since it's usually clear my art is amateur/the best I can do or afford, I don't get comments like, "Too bad the art is subpar" when I do the art for whatever indie/amateur project I'm working on. However, I have been in the situation where my friends were surpassing me in skill and progress. It can be a little hard because you want to grow with them, but sometimes you're just stuck at a certain level knowing you won't improve or get to their level too easily. Like... it might even take years to get to where they are. There's a feeling of being left behind which... might not be the same as a popular artist being better-- I know a popular artist will be better, so it's no surprise. In a way though, the result of this episode is what makes it similar. It's either you give up or you use that feeling of inadequacy to just keep getting better. Yoru chose the latter, but I think having Kano be supportive really helped her get there. Which leads me to our interesting development. The kiss.

Having someone be a creative partner is great. Gosh I'd love to have one. However, it can also be a little confusing. Are the feelings you have from love or just from wanting to keep that creative support system close to you? I wonder how Yoru no Kurage wa Oyogenai will raise that question, if at all. Perhaps it'll just be a romance. That'd be fine. Yet I think the idea of exploring the feelings of creators in love is interesting too. In a way, Yoru is a bit of a muse for Kano-- or maybe even the other way around by technicality. Perhaps the anime will explore the complex feelings that can go into that? The anime has already set the path for that, so who knows? I'll just have to see!

Overall, still very much enjoying the anime.

Enjoy your anime! | Witch Cafe Wisteria
May 10, 10:49 PM
Jan 2017
I glad that Mahiru regained her determination. Seeing other artists doing beautiful fanart of her creations caused her to lose heart. A normal response. But she went thru it and came out the other side with hard work.
And Kano, no yuri subtext please. Whisper Me is capitalizing on that right now.
May 12, 8:23 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
The portrayal of Kano's kiss on her cheek makes me believe that there will be more to this down the line. They made a bigger deal out of this in that particular scene than i thought, it felt genuine to me.
May 12, 2:33 PM
Jan 2021
This episode had me worried about Yoru's self doubt, keeping that kind of thing locked up is a kind of poison that can be super painful to watch. Really glad she ended up using it as motivation to push forwards!!

and THE KISS AT THE END OMFG !!!!!! They're so precious.
May 14, 3:20 PM
Aug 2022
Reply to RobertBobert
@LegatoC You are digging too deep when her words were quite simple. She almost directly said that she liked Kano because she did a lot of good things for her. Which she hinted at back in the last episode when the girls misunderstood her and thought she had a love interest. That POSSIBLY Kano somehow misunderstood. At this point, I'm more than sure that this was the logic of the episode. While the main intrigue is precisely Kano’s intentions and how alcohol influenced this.

You just fall into the typical trap of people with little anime experience thinking that like literally means “love” or that these are incredibly strong words, although even in real life you can easily tell your friends that you love them at important moments. Hell, there's even a common term in English called "loved ones".

@razisgosu People "whine" precisely because the short scene at the end of the episode is declared to be the point and the only interesting moment of the entire episode. This is precisely the problem, not the yuri potential itself. As you can see, many of the “critics” themselves would not be against yuri if it were open.

@k_kindawatchAnim It never had a 0% chance. The author said from the very beginning that it depended on the viewer, which made it 50% to 50%

@thehornedrat Hah, it's too early to rejoice. Shippers have already tried to take Super Cab into yuri territory, trying to convince themselves that when a girl walks around naked in another girl's house, it automatically means they had sex, lmao.

@Hormigo Because that's what people actually care about the most. The rest is either REALLY not that important, or was simply used to give some meaning to the interest in the ships. In general, what was suddenly revealed when the second season of Hibike began to sink ships. But then again, like you, I don’t mind if it’s yuri. It just annoys me when people either jump to conclusions without even trying to wait, or stubbornly fetishize this part of anime, ignoring everything else, as was the case with Yuri on ICE. Just read the comments on the film's cancellation. Almost no one even remembers that this is an excellent show about figure skating, everyone only talks about how loud it is BL.
@RobertBobert they're doing the "up to interpretation" thing which means they're not intending anything serious sadly
May 18, 8:46 PM
Jul 2023
Hands down the gayest episode so far. I'm a hundred positive these girlies are feeling things. Kicking my feet.
May 18, 11:20 PM
Oct 2020
The team/author actually didn't drag the problem for so long unlike many anime and thats enough for me
May 31, 11:37 PM

Oct 2012
Dang this show is good.
Jun 1, 12:33 AM
Oct 2019
Wait, when y'all talking about a kiss to proove that is a yuri, i was thinking of a real kiss.
But It's just on the cheek ?
Nah, whether you are a yuri fan, LGBT or whatever is not a problem, but you are going crazy.
Come out, in real life people give each other friendly kisses ALL THE TIME.
It doesn't prove it's yuri, you'll end up driving people away by forcing your narrative.
Jun 6, 9:44 AM
Sep 2014
What fucking trash. And I actually started to like this, but I did prophesy in the beginning that this was gonna be even worse than Lycoris Recoil, and hey presto, it is. For context, Lycoris Recoil is the only anime I ever actively despised. Japan is the country worried about their birthrates and they air this type of shit. Dropped
(the flame I'm gonna get for this post will probably outshine what I got for my NGE review back in the days, but who cares what a bunch of weebs thinks anyway.)
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yoru no Kurage wa Oyogenai Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 8

115 by Specimen021 »»
Yesterday, 3:34 PM

Poll: » Yoru no Kurage wa Oyogenai Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Pinoffin - Jun 1

194 by Marinate1016 »»
Yesterday, 12:17 PM

» Is anyone listening to the behind the scenes after episode discussions with the seiyuu?

WatchTillTandava - Jun 10

3 by akatsukinoluna »»
Jun 10, 4:41 PM

Poll: » Kano or Mahiru? Episode 9 Poll ( 1 2 )

Royalty459 - Jun 2

62 by Skizo10 »»
Jun 9, 5:06 PM

Poll: » Yoru no Kurage wa Oyogenai Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 25

62 by KANLen09 »»
Jun 8, 10:13 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.