Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Apr 5, 1:22 PM

Feb 2019
Yea I like this one a lot already. Feels like it’ll be Sasapi, but even better and the comparisons aren’t unfounded. Same character designer and the art style of the show is near identical, cute lolis coming from another world, disillusioned adult guy, etc etc. Seen some compare it to Haganai and Hinamatsuri, neither of which I’ve seen, so for me it’s pretty unique.

Sara and Sosuke dynamic is fun, can’t wait to see what detective cases they get up to solving. She’s got a nice mix of brattiness and just being adorable. Livia is the obligatory white haired waifu of the season and her adventures as a homeless knight on earth I can already tell will be hilarious.

Solid first episode, good characters, some cool magic abilities and I’m a sucker for reverse isekai where characters come and learn about otaku culture so we’re eating
Marinate1016Apr 5, 2:44 PM
Apr 5, 2:01 PM
Mar 2021
Detective conan reference, I LOVE IT!
Apr 5, 2:04 PM

Mar 2013
Livia's beauty is off the charts! 😳
Nice animation!
This is a fun series.
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Apr 5, 2:06 PM
Dec 2019
Lovely anime so far.
The art style, and Sara's character design feels soo familiar, but i can't point my finger on it.
Help me who does she resemble?
I thought of Roux Crystasse first, but nah...
Apr 5, 2:45 PM
Apr 2021
Hahaha this was SUCH a fun watch man I was throughly enjoying Sara and Sousuke’s first interaction they’re so funny especially Sousuke that guy is hilarious and how they bonded so quickly after Sara was reverse Isekai’d I loveeee her design she’s so cute with her yellow twin tail hairstyle I love her so much already I’m sticking with it just for her🥰🥰🥰

Btw as soon as I heard Sousuke’s voice I knew it was the same voice actor who voices Saitama and tbh that’s all I kept hearing from Sousuke so it’s fun for me to imagine Saitama is dealing with a girl who got reversed isekai’d🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

This gon sound degenerate but idgaf THANK GOD there’s fanservice in this anime and I’m glad it’s Livia that’s the subject of the fanservice she’s actually hella fine and STACKED asf too can’t wait to see more of her😩😩

The ending song is really catchy I like it shits a banger🔥

Yo lowkey am I tripping but does the art quality kinda reminds me of Sasaki and Peeps especially with Sara she reminds me of Elsa in that show + it gives me that vibe tbh but better execution

Seems like next weeks episode Livia is going into prostitution at that club looking place she’s at and with that bill that was stuck inside her cleavage, can’t wait to laugh next episode🤣😭
Treyv0nApr 5, 10:58 PM
Apr 5, 3:07 PM

Mar 2008
It is okay so far. Not a lot to say yet.
Apr 5, 5:14 PM

Mar 2024
Who would've thought that Isekai can actually be good? All you had to do was reverse it, make the guy not a generic anime boy and add lots of little brat power. It just works. Her lady knight being great too, even if I would've liked her getting caught during her nude fishing :)
Apr 6, 12:02 AM
Oct 2023
Nicely paced, new idea, reverse isekai, wholesome, good stuff
Apr 6, 12:22 AM
Jan 2020
I feel like shows like this should have ridiculously good animation because not why lol
Apr 6, 7:19 AM
Apr 2022
I was thinking about food story because the tittle. But the story indeed involved about food. Lmao
This remind me pii-chan. Because 🥓🥓🥓

The fl princess is fun. The ml seem know about fight and kind of have realistic act when meet the magical Princess. And it's have magic fantasy, genre that I like.

I will continue to watch it.
Apr 6, 9:11 AM
Apr 2017
The name makes me hungry Imma go get a salad
Apr 6, 10:01 AM

Feb 2019
Garbage! Hinamatsuri wannabe, but nowhere near as funny or as clever. And this piece of crap is even fulled with fanservice for silly men with small tool HUSAHSUAHSUAHSUAHUHAU trash of the season
Apr 6, 12:50 PM
Nov 2022
I guess it good enough to watch for now.
Apr 6, 1:16 PM

Oct 2020
Franz_Furantsu said:
I hope it's not another disguised tourist advertising (for Gifu city) like Dosanko Gal was for Kitami. XD

Yomi Hirasaka is from Gifu and he likes talking about his home city. I assume this series wasn't created with the intention to advertise the city, but it's just a reflection of the author's love towards his hometown. The main character of Imouto Sae Ireba Ii, his previous work, is also native of Gifu

Now, I found this first episode to pretty unamusing. It's not the type of show I like, anyways. For some reason I found it boring. Maybe it's just my tendency to dislike slice-of-life. But I'll keep watching it and see if it gets any better. I trust Hirasaka.
Read light novels!
2023 Update: Do NOT read light novels. Regular novels are better. Glory to Haruki Murakami!!!
Apr 6, 1:41 PM

Jun 2016
Reply to KietaTeenRomance
Franz_Furantsu said:
I hope it's not another disguised tourist advertising (for Gifu city) like Dosanko Gal was for Kitami. XD

Yomi Hirasaka is from Gifu and he likes talking about his home city. I assume this series wasn't created with the intention to advertise the city, but it's just a reflection of the author's love towards his hometown. The main character of Imouto Sae Ireba Ii, his previous work, is also native of Gifu

Now, I found this first episode to pretty unamusing. It's not the type of show I like, anyways. For some reason I found it boring. Maybe it's just my tendency to dislike slice-of-life. But I'll keep watching it and see if it gets any better. I trust Hirasaka.
@KietaTeenRomance thanks for this insight view about the author, I didn't know it.
I agree, I liked this first episode.
Apr 6, 2:00 PM

Jun 2016
I always find amusing and at the same time I admire the dedication and sense of responsibility of this type of disclaimers in anime about the respect of the laws or advising about not doing potentially dangerous actions towards yourself or others:
Apr 6, 4:12 PM

Apr 2012
Another one reverse isekai with lolis from Kantoku? LMAO.
Apr 6, 5:09 PM

Sep 2023
Well that was pretty fun! Sara is full of energy and she is going to upend Sousuke's life for sure. Don't mind the Livia parts either, she is pretty bouncy ;)
Apr 6, 5:15 PM

Mar 2024
Hirasaka Yomi is one of those writers whose work I am aware is mediocre and cliche, yet he could be my cup of tea. I liked Imouto Sae Ireba Ii more than most. I can't say much about this new anime, but I think I will like it more than most of the ones in this new season, although this statement is meaningless since I probably won't watch more than 5 anime from this season.
ラーメン食いに行こうぜ~
Apr 6, 6:08 PM

Oct 2020
Reply to Franz_Furantsu
I always find amusing and at the same time I admire the dedication and sense of responsibility of this type of disclaimers in anime about the respect of the laws or advising about not doing potentially dangerous actions towards yourself or others:
I too love when an anime just assumes I'm a retard.
Read light novels!
2023 Update: Do NOT read light novels. Regular novels are better. Glory to Haruki Murakami!!!
Apr 7, 12:10 AM
Dec 2021
Interesting premises, might contionue this one, i like the ojou sama was voiced by Hinaki Yako
Apr 7, 3:36 PM

Jun 2019
phantomfandom said:
I'm waiting for a salad bowl to appear.

I think it’s a play on words not a literal salad bowl.
Apr 7, 5:51 PM

Nov 2009
This setting... Hinamatsuri..
Apr 8, 12:20 AM
Apr 2023
I know it's because Sasaki to Pii-chan just finished airing a few weeks ago, but this really has some vibes like that one (especially the art style seems to be designed by the same designer). And also that a person from another world has been rewarded with grade-A beef. This looks interesting as well but again just be aware that this is based on a light novel.
Trivia: In japanese language, the borrowed word for 'salad' is 'sarada'. Sara Da Odin is like a word-play to this and is a nod to the title.
Apr 8, 5:02 AM

Jun 2020
Its looks nice and have different type of characters of normal isekai/reverse isekai so im interested
Apr 8, 5:23 AM
Mar 2012
Cast have quite funny pairings.
Sousuke & Sara just have this smooth rapport.
talent for homelessness lol. Suzuki seems like a genuine bro with a sharp eye.
Good designs, manga panels nice styling. OP got creative shots.
Feels like Pii Chan with maybe better pacing, and Gifu tourism.
lol Livia partially in camera.
Apr 10, 7:15 AM
Jul 2020
literal reverse isekai he caught a cunny one has magic bro like damn
Apr 11, 12:06 AM
Celeste

Jan 2021
Sara and Livia are so cute, im impressed so far with the likeable characters
Apr 11, 5:56 AM

Jul 2015
Reply to Ryushindai
Mom, can we have Hinamatsuri?
We have Hinamatsuri at home.
Hinamatsuri at home:

The characters are so much more likeable so I' looking forward to this series.
@Ryushindai Nah, I'd say this one is better than Hinamatsuri. Main Girl is not utterly insufferable and doesn't make me want to punch the screen.

@KietaTeenRomance You can't be too safe if you want to avoid potential lawsuit.

PiromyslApr 11, 6:03 AM

Apr 11, 6:11 AM

Jan 2016
Reply to Piromysl
@Ryushindai Nah, I'd say this one is better than Hinamatsuri. Main Girl is not utterly insufferable and doesn't make me want to punch the screen.

@KietaTeenRomance You can't be too safe if you want to avoid potential lawsuit.

@Piromysl That's exactly what I meant tho... I can't stand Hina and wished the other 2 girls had her screentime
Apr 11, 8:28 PM

Jan 2015
Really like this, feel like Hinamatsuri but refreshed
Apr 12, 12:27 PM
Feb 2015
The job title changing from Knight to Homeless absolutely sent me
Apr 12, 1:00 PM

Dec 2020
The comedies aren't forced and almost got me laughing my brains out lol, also Sara's accent is quite matching for comedies and funny scenes as bruh seeing a 13 yo kid having that kinda accent lmao

Looking forward to the next ep
Apr 12, 10:00 PM
Jul 2021
I guess this is the closest we are getting to a second season of Hinamatsuri
Apr 13, 11:44 AM
Oct 2021
fairly decent start and quite an easy watch
Apr 15, 3:26 AM

Feb 2016
Really different from what I thought this was going to be, and I like it!
Sorry if my english is bad (っ˘▽˘)っ~~~
Btw, cry about it.
Apr 16, 10:53 AM
Apr 2013
EP 1

So i'll be honest i have no idea what this anime is at all. cute girl? hopefully

So yeah uh
Not sure whats gonna happen next
The ed is kinda weird but your usual i guess
They kinda left livia hanging but im assuming it'll be dealt with next ep
Not sure how they're gonna fit another 6 characters since thats like a new character every 2 eps
Post ed scene with livia
And then who knows

Not the worst first ep I've seen although kinda really strange. That's all I can say really, ep 1, ep 2.

Oh ok. So sara is yano hinaki? Not who I was expecting but since I've never heard before I guess.
Livia is mao, which uh. I mean her name is really distinctive in the credits but not enough lines. In the first place I honestly cant remember, I know she appears all the times but I dont really remember any in particular
Apr 17, 9:58 PM

Mar 2024
Not the most intelligent or aesthetic anime, but the girls are cute and some jokes are good and ironic. Quite enjoyable. Its the first time in last years when im watching 5 ongoings at once - this anime season suddenly resurrected whole anime industry, which i had buried long time ago 🫡
Apr 18, 5:46 AM

May 2013
Artstyle reminds me of Sasaki and Peeps but the plot reminds me of Hinamatsuri without high tier comedy jokes more of just everyday adventure
Apr 18, 10:55 AM
Apr 2024
เพลินนนนนนนนนนนนนนนนนนนนนนนนนนนนนนนนนนนนนนนนนนนนน
Apr 19, 5:19 AM
Sep 2021
Quite interested to watch how the main duo goes on in solving detective cases with the power of isekai princess.
Apr 19, 8:35 AM

Jun 2020
Oh, I can see I will enjoy this one
Apr 21, 1:00 PM

May 2015
A fun episode, reminds me of Hinamatsuri, but also has unique energy to it. Hope it's going to be the wholesome type all the way through.
Apr 24, 1:29 PM
Oct 2022
Never in my wildest dreams did I believe I was going to like this show as much as I do. Normally when the Seasons change I clear my watch list of everything I finish and then add the next season. I literally started this by accident thinking it was something else and loved it. It’s smart, cute, doesn’t take itself too seriously, and overall fun. Sara is smart and catches on quickly. After thinking about it. If you were a person coming from a world where magic literally makes the impossible possible it would be hard to get shocked at things from our world. Truly I love this. Can’t wait to see more!
Apr 28, 7:40 AM

Apr 2015
I liked it. LN adaptation made it a bit wordy, but I enjoyed listening to mini Holo
May 12, 3:44 PM

Nov 2013
This was a fun episode.

I wonder if this show exists mainly to serve as an AD for Gifu prefecture, lol.
May 24, 8:54 PM
Apr 2024
This episode put a smile on my face.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Henjin no Salad Bowl Episode 6 Discussion

Stark700 - May 9

39 by hich4n_ »»
7 hours ago

Poll: » Henjin no Salad Bowl Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - May 23

33 by AnimeSrk »»
Today, 3:24 AM

Poll: » Henjin no Salad Bowl Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 16

54 by Sigmar-Unberogen »»
Yesterday, 7:02 AM

Poll: » Henjin no Salad Bowl Episode 5 Discussion

Stark700 - May 2

47 by Sigmar-Unberogen »»
Yesterday, 5:54 AM

Poll: » Henjin no Salad Bowl Episode 4 Discussion

Stark700 - Apr 25

40 by Sigmar-Unberogen »»
Yesterday, 5:14 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.