Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Mar 2, 3:48 AM

Jul 2017
Maomao severely injured and brought to the infirmary to recover, she is still called in for questioning for her findings in past cases that connect to the ritual the day before. Even more so with the passed-away metalworker whose sons were fighting over the family treasure, that proved to be the crucial point, but with that case being made only as a test for the real thing, which was Jinshi's ceremony. With Lihaku confirming that Suirei was the culprit behind the ceremony, her being killed of self-suicide, is it real, or is it fake? And the more so, regarding morning glories and resurrection medicine? Going to the morgue to see the same doctor who worked day and night, Maomao questions if she consumed thornapple, which looked like morning glories. And inspecting the corpse further, the fault of the doctor was a partial play on his drug advice, and by inspecting the other coffins, confirms her suspicions that Suirei walked out scot free with her conspirators. And that, was the ignite that she wanted to get back at Suirei for their tricks.

Even then, to Jinshi, he feels conflicted about Maomao, much less being the emperor's child who's disguising as an eunuch. For Gyokuyou, however, her period starting immediate, it presents good opportunity to hide further from Lakan in the rear palace, which is back to her mundane lifestyle.

But one of the 3 Concubines getting bought out? The implications of that will be hard...
Mar 2, 5:00 AM
Jan 2024
simply.. AMAZING.
Mar 2, 11:14 PM

Jan 2017
Whoa sweet nineteen Jinshi 😢 I feel like his character had been a lot and maybe the reason why Maomao and him are such a good match is because both of them came from pretty messed up family--and upbringing for that matter.
Mar 4, 3:02 AM

Nov 2019
There's this paper-thin difference between detective and criminal.
Xiaomao, you should stay chaotic good in the future. Don't give in to your dark side.
Mar 4, 2:47 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
The current conspiracy is really interesting, even faking her death with the datura :o
Mar 5, 12:10 AM

Oct 2013
Maomao returns to the Inner Palace. I hope Gyokuyou is pregnant and she will give bith to a male heir. That'd make her an official wife of the emperor.

Suirei is really an intriguing character... Cunning and insanely smart, but also mysterious. What's her endgame, I wonder? What will she do in the future? I doubt she will just go into shadows. Not after such brilliantly performed plan.
Mar 9, 4:21 PM

Jun 2014
So, Jinshi still has his testicles. I figured as such.

Maomao is back at the rear palace. It's been a while.

Mar 21, 4:50 PM
May 2020
WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
Mar 30, 2:12 AM

Jun 2020
Suirei surviving as an antagonist with a similar knowledge of medicines to Maomao is actually pretty scary. We had other revelations this episode like Gaoshun is actually Basen's dad and that Jinshi is 19! I'm glad that Maomao is finally returning to the rear palace. I'm wondering how this season will wrap up, it seems like some stuff is going to happen with the GOAT Lihaku at the pleasure district and also something happening with Loulan at the rear palace. I still don't know much about Loulan but I love her character design.
Apr 1, 10:03 AM
Feb 2015
Maomao cackling like a villain really make my day, even though with her reopened injuries. Her curiosity for mysteries is amazing. the ressurection medicine reminds me of Metal gear solid, where the person can fake its death using the drug. Since the drug came from far land it mean west maybe.. so they just had to find someone who have connection to west isn't it. Hope maomao receive her ox drug as reward. Suiren must have someone she conspired with whether it Lakan or the new concubine or someone else....

From previous episode, it is hinted that Jinshi is younger than his appearance and have noble lineage as son of Ah-Duo and previous emperor. However, who is the current emperor then? His father ? My mind is confused.

Anyway, Maomao is back to rear palace as poison tester of Lady gyokuyou, she might be pregnant. Need to be careful, I smell something is coming. Maomao can escape for Lakan but he is always watching over her. It doubt if Lakan even have any bad intention to maomao but it he still repulsive to her, i guess.
Apr 10, 5:14 AM

Jul 2013
I hope the mysterious plot to kill Jinshi will have a conclusion before this season ends, man we're only 4 episodes away already!
Apr 10, 7:37 AM
Sep 2022
so much plot hapenning.
Apr 14, 10:34 PM

Feb 2019
is it MeiMei? for Lihaku's sake, I hope it's not Pailing! hehehe
May 11, 4:29 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Oh shit Suirei, the opening for the awaking corpse is actually her! Well certainly, she received a lot of screen time in the opening, and now its makes sense of why she's so important here, since she's the mastermind behind the ritual incident, its leading such a many factor before, damn. Not like she's working alone tho and her grand motive remains unknown since she manage to flee. But eh, let's worry about her later since its time for Maomao to return to the rear palace again.

Wait a minute, Jinshi actually a 19? And Gaoshun already become a jiji? His comment tho, he really desire to retire lmao. Well not so fast, old man. At least until Maomao dare to ask the real question, who the heck Jinshi actually is.

Talking about concubine drama always never cease to amaze me, but Jinshi actually told the truth about him drinking medicine to suppress his manhood to become a real eunuch, he's really a hardworker, huh? Thought he have no desire to women overall, turned out he just suppressing it hard with some drug lmao idk how Maomao gonna react with those fact kekw

Alright guys, Gyokuyou have a sign of having another child. Shall Jinshi wish comes true? Or there's another incident happening by Gyokuyuo amazing birth rate? And wtf with Lihaku and his delusion wish to rebuy the greatest bitch in the town? Sorry for my rude words, Maomao, but i really don't want this to end....
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
May 22, 8:45 PM
Jul 2020
what i just witnessed... i love mao mao so much
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kusuriya no Hitorigoto Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Softhenic03 - Oct 28, 2023

204 by wumuti »»
10 hours ago

Poll: » Kusuriya no Hitorigoto Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

KANLen09 - Oct 21, 2023

209 by wumuti »»
10 hours ago

Poll: » Kusuriya no Hitorigoto Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KANLen09 - Oct 21, 2023

118 by wumuti »»
10 hours ago

Poll: » Kusuriya no Hitorigoto Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

KANLen09 - Oct 21, 2023

163 by wumuti »»
11 hours ago

» Fun fact about Maomao

Fukoku - Oct 22, 2023

10 by tinshard »»
May 25, 1:51 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.