Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Dec 11, 2023 3:40 AM

Dec 2022
I love the fact that the preview is going to pit Yayoi vs Fake Dorothy, and that's a dangerous gamble Yayoi is taking... the spirit that took control over Dorothy is likely very strong, just like that one who was controlling Shami and decimated all those police officers... if anything, I'm sure Yayoi is about to make the craziest and most dangerous plan ever.
Dec 11, 2023 3:47 AM

Jul 2019
So much happening in this episode, and I just realized that there's only 2 episode left...
I hope there'll be second season next year
Dec 11, 2023 4:05 AM

Oct 2022
Wow, those kids are going to be traumatised for life after an experience like that.
I'm glad they don't die IRL though, I was expecting the worse when the brat got found...
Dec 11, 2023 4:11 AM

Dec 2022
Those kids were sick, deranged, absolute sociopath and every single one of who were complicit in that malicious accusation which drove that innocent teacher to suicide deserved to die horrible & painful death.

Dec 11, 2023 5:02 AM

Aug 2013
A day of school (no mention of exams or anything of the like) or someones life..., man thats a hard choice to make eh amiright. No, but really, I'm assuming she reacted like that because she was sure Ai wouldn't die (due to the God's protection).

The kids that did that stuff to that teacher deserve to die (a gruesome death).

The teacher could've just moved or something though right? And his wife for some reason didn't believe him, did he even try to convince her? Maybe he didn't, as he didn't even go after those kids when they threw that rock, his car could've substituted as proof also... Mental stuff.

Did the boy die? He had a very similar reaction as those police officers in the station (where is my head stuff).
Dec 11, 2023 5:13 AM
Sep 2021
Dorothy has given yayoi a challenge, can she save herself & her friends from the evil spirits.
Dec 11, 2023 5:58 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Wow Dorothy previous owner actually have the same eye ability like Yayoi. The opposite of Yayoi whose becomes a savage kid playing around with evil spirit, instead poor shy kid unfortunately getting switched by such an unknown gothic spirit smh...

Now Yayoi needs to play hide and seek, its the best offline game on those fatamorgana world, in order to save bunch of other kids. Thought its gonna be a hard play, guess its not much of a challenge after all, even though i must be hats off to this spirit of the week too. Another fucked up story on the head and its still a chef kiss so far.

I can't believe there's still no announcement for continuation smh...
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Dec 11, 2023 6:02 AM

Nov 2022
It's just an episode about kids but I spent the entire episode feeling tension build up. I was worried some horrible thing would happen, like decapitating the children or cutting off Yayoi's arms.
Dec 11, 2023 6:09 AM

Oct 2022
The story behind that teacher was messed up💀
Dec 11, 2023 6:23 AM
Dec 2020
Reply to InNeedOfAName
For those wondering about the aftermath of the incident, here's what happened:
https://imgur.com/a/MjsnVix
@InNeedOfAName YAAAAYYY FUCK THEM KIDS
Dec 11, 2023 6:23 AM
Apr 2023
after seeing this anime i cant sleep
Dec 11, 2023 6:26 AM
Dec 2020
Man i wish in the manga the fake dorothy becomes yayoi doll slave and the real dorothy became yayoi friend🙏
Dec 11, 2023 8:18 AM

Dec 2022
Hopefully by the end of this ghost hunt, Yayoi will able to free her classmates, as well as free that white haired girl of that spirit taking control of her.
Dec 11, 2023 11:38 AM

Feb 2021
It looks like Corpse Party now :)
- Mal-Badge -

Level 25
Ranked 1135
Last update : 27.02.2022 at 05:50

My Candies :

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Dec 11, 2023 2:01 PM
Mar 2013
Reply to Apratim
cardfightereli said:
@Apratim dumbass, what would lead you to assume those kids are the same as Yayoi classmates? have you not bend paying attention to how ghosts function from the past episodes of dark gathering. it clear as day he was a ghost for many years, probably longer than Yayoi has been alive.(she at max 9)

Did I say it as a confirmation you clown? And it was never mentioned that the ghost is years old bruh, I just checked the manga to confirm. it's just 15-20 year old case, so ya those kids were different.
@Apratim are really telling me you can't deduced that the Teacher ghost has been dead for at least 6 years with all the info provided by this episode alone? it shouldn't be difficult for you to figured out.
Dec 11, 2023 4:28 PM
Oct 2014
I wonder if we're gonna get a 2nd season theres so much to cover and there's only 2 eps left? we got to save Yayois mom from the fetus spirit , the thing with Ai and her creepy God, and breaking the curse on Kei and Eiko way to much left for 2 episodes imo
Dec 11, 2023 10:26 PM

Jun 2019
PastalNightMare said:
I wonder if we're gonna get a 2nd season theres so much to cover and there's only 2 eps left? we got to save Yayois mom from the fetus spirit , the thing with Ai and her creepy God, and breaking the curse on Kei and Eiko way to much left for 2 episodes imo

Well, it's based on a manga which only began in 2019 and is still ongoing, so there was basically no chance the entire story would be wrapped up unless they decided to go with an anime original ending which deviated from it.
Dec 11, 2023 10:58 PM

Aug 2016
Ugh, since we’ve shifted away from the train wreck, I guess the finale will be a cliffhanger.
Dec 12, 2023 8:35 AM

Mar 2019
A man having his life destroyed by a false accusation, the art imitate life.
Dec 12, 2023 10:36 AM
Nov 2022
This episode gave me certain "another" vibes.

without a doubt, authentic cinema 🚬

Pd: this is my 600th post xd
Dec 12, 2023 6:23 PM
Oct 2019
Omg what those kids did to the teacher was messed up .
What the hell, poor teacher life was ruined.

Fuck Those Kids!!
davidyodo24Dec 12, 2023 6:27 PM
Dec 12, 2023 6:39 PM

Jul 2017
Ai's god and the Spectre of Death having been a fierce fight, it just so happened that Golden Week was at its end, but Yayoi has no time to waste about saving her own friend. But trying to get away from school, it's an inevitable thing, and not to mention that this Dorotny Flamsteed girl just happened to show up before her, things just get more awry. As a matter of friendship, going around the school for scary stories, it seems uncanny. Between a potential fight with a fellow classmate, Dorothy showing up to have Yayoi's classmates join her in shost hunting, what exactly is she plotting. With all ghosts going to the same place, Dorothy has that exact key to lead all of them with her "satsugo".

With all ghosts together, it unleashes an alternate world of memories about a teacher who's been falsely accused and did not spare his own suicide to consume the entire school in a ghastly game of hide and seek. Yayoi taking her chances to investigate what's truly going on, as Gonda gets consumed by the ghost, and the class rep managed to link up with Yayoi to find a place to meet up.

Dorothy's trap, will Yayoi and her friends find a way out?
Dec 12, 2023 10:19 PM

Oct 2016
A setup episode eh. Ig that kid whose spirit got killed will probably be fine after Yayoi deals with the sensei.
Humans only live for a hundred years, it is as unreal as a dream that ends in an instant. What is the point of a person living in this world? No more than just being on a journey, and witnessing interesting things. Although I do not want to die, I do not fear death. I am already on my right path, I have no regrets even if I die.

— Fang Yuan (Reverend Insanity)
Dec 13, 2023 11:49 AM
Feb 2022
vadoyager7 said:
I agree that those children who drove their teacher to suicide should definitely die but can someone tell me that the children who are trapped in school right now were involved in that or not.

I’m an anime only, but I’m gonna guess not. It’s probably a similar situation as the boy from the previous story arc. He hates all kids because of what happened to him.
Dec 13, 2023 7:02 PM
Sep 2014
I'm happy that the ghost in the opening since episode 1 FINALLY appeared lol At least, this one remembers me about the ghost form of the teacher in his ghost barrier

MrsDemonQueenDec 13, 2023 7:06 PM
Dec 14, 2023 6:18 PM
Oct 2014
WatchTillTandava said:
PastalNightMare said:

Well, it's based on a manga which only began in 2019 and is still ongoing, so there was basically no chance the entire story would be wrapped up unless they decided to go with an anime original ending which deviated from it.

so ur saying eventually we will hopefully get a 2nd season, kinda like tengoku daimakyo ( I might have spelled that wrong )
Dec 14, 2023 6:29 PM
Jan 2017
Glad they changed up the setting for this one. It was fun to see Yayoi interacting with a group of her classmates.
A bit disappointed to see that the main plot isn't going to be wrapped up this sseason.
Dec 14, 2023 6:29 PM
Jan 2017
Glad they changed up the setting for this one. It was fun to see Yayoi interacting with a group of her classmates.
A bit disappointed to see that the main plot isn't going to be wrapped up this season.
Dec 14, 2023 6:30 PM
Jan 2017
A bit disappointed to see that the main plot isn't going to be wrapped up this season.
Dec 14, 2023 7:45 PM

Jun 2019
PastalNightMare said:
so ur saying eventually we will hopefully get a 2nd season, kinda like tengoku daimakyo ( I might have spelled that wrong )

It will probably depend mainly on the popularity and success of this first season. Someone familiar with the television viewership statistics, Blu-Ray disc sales for the show when they come out (or pre-orders), or whichever exact metric or combination of different ones is used to determine it would know better than myself. But I believe that, at least traditionally, it's somewhat uncommon of them to go through the trouble of creating a two-cour adaptation for a series unless they plan to finish it in some capacity, either with a future season or seasons based on the source material or an anime original ending by the end of that first season. This is a 25 episode series as it stands right now and we just passed episode 23, so there's two episodes to go. I would say that if there's no anime original ending within the next two episodes then it's likely it will return for future seasons at some point, unless it's a total commercial flop.
Dec 14, 2023 7:49 PM
Mar 2019
This is truly the horror anime of the year. I hope more people watch this. It's an excellent scare.
Dec 14, 2023 11:54 PM

Mar 2008
WatchTillTandava said:
It will probably depend mainly on the popularity and success of this first season. Someone familiar with the television viewership statistics, Blu-Ray disc sales for the show when they come out (or pre-orders), or whichever exact metric or combination of different ones is used to determine it would know better than myself. But I believe that, at least traditionally, it's somewhat uncommon of them to go through the trouble of creating a two-cour adaptation for a series unless they plan to finish it in some capacity, either with a future season or seasons based on the source material or an anime original ending by the end of that first season. This is a 25 episode series as it stands right now and we just passed episode 23, so there's two episodes to go. I would say that if there's no anime original ending within the next two episodes then it's likely it will return for future seasons at some point, unless it's a total commercial flop.

Fact there isnt much fanart of it on Pixiv this late in the series makes me concerned it's possibly not that popular.
Dec 16, 2023 1:08 AM
Apr 2021
Man that Goth Lolita is so goddamn creepy but I love the creepiness of her character and bro I was surprised asf seeing kids DIE on my screen like the author does not care for anyone man women elderly or children😭😭😭
Dec 17, 2023 10:17 AM

Dec 2017
Poor teacher, but now he got some crazy domain expansion type of power tho xD
Dec 18, 2023 8:49 AM

Feb 2021
Reply to MegamiRem
@iNinjeek No I won't as that is manga content which they might adapt in the next episode.
@MegamiRem It wasn't adapted, and it's just bonus commentary from chapter 32 (so just text), so it had no chances of being adapted from the beginning.
So feel free to read it now.
Dec 27, 2023 9:45 AM
Jul 2019
Dorothy looks like Victorique from Gosick
Jan 1, 3:56 AM

Jan 2011
Time to keep going insane. Who is up for some false accusations and kiddie violence?
I haven't updated in years but now I have changed that. I'll be free soon.
Jan 5, 7:42 PM

Jan 2017
Love this! Yayoi is so cool...never fail to impress me
Jan 7, 8:11 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Yayoi and her group of friends against school curses, that's a classic but it always works, that teacher story victim of his students' behavior that led to his suicide is hardcore
Jan 29, 3:17 AM

Jan 2021
Felt bad for the teacher but holy sh*t they are killing childrens too now. Pretty sure its some sort of dream or domain or something but that's traumatizing.
If you enjoyed the time you wasted, then its not a waste of time.

Feb 26, 3:29 AM

Jan 2014
so that Dorothy was replaced, but will Yayoi save her this time? would she know "that" isn't the real Dorothy?
Mar 18, 5:22 PM
Jul 2023
i love how in this episode you can legit see Yayoi use ChatGPT
Apr 21, 4:10 AM

Apr 2013
Hmm no Eiko and Keitarou for this adventure, will they spend the last 3 episodes like this?
Apr 25, 4:09 PM

May 2018
what a blob

blob blob blob
May 12, 7:00 PM

May 2015
This episode is like Dark Gatherings take on Corpse Party. Those poor elementary schoolers are definitely going to be traumatized.
Jun 6, 1:37 PM
Mar 2019
Back to School with another creepy girl.
Ghosts appearing everywhere.
Kids get believed even when lying.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dark Gathering Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 24, 2023

109 by bushman66 »»
Jun 6, 1:42 PM

Poll: » Dark Gathering Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 17, 2023

67 by bushman66 »»
Jun 6, 1:40 PM

Poll: » Dark Gathering Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 3, 2023

64 by bushman66 »»
Jun 6, 1:34 PM

Poll: » Dark Gathering Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 26, 2023

77 by bushman66 »»
Jun 6, 1:31 PM

Poll: » Dark Gathering Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 19, 2023

103 by bushman66 »»
Jun 6, 1:26 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.