Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 2, 2023 5:27 AM

Nov 2011
Damn, a battle of history lasting 200+ years. It was about time they decide to put an end to the long struggle.

Will and his party handled this in the best way they could tbh. Plus, Will displayed leadership qualities that are worth mentioning.
Dec 2, 2023 5:37 AM

Dec 2021
Damn, there's malevolence there that never rests.

Empowered by the intense spirit of Valacirca, unleashed from the depths of The West Gate the group presses forward, driven against their will. Before them emerges a squad of undead dwarves, transformed into immortality. Witnessing these beings imprisoned in a two-century-long battle against dragons, Ru boldly declares her intent to defeat Valacirca and reclaim the lost kingdom, resonating with determination.

You know, I understand they can't exactly align with the undead because of their connection to gracefeel and opposition to stagnation. However, having a whole army of dwarf skeleton warriors would have been incredibly useful in reaching their goal, just saying! They didn't have to move on to the next realm just yet. Lol. Utilizing the undead could prove beneficial, and meeting their demise in battle could be considered an honorable fate for them once again. However, I understand that they require peace after enduring what they have.

Man, I'm really digging Stagnate's role in this whole hero saga.

Dec 2, 2023 5:43 AM

Feb 2021
I guess the dwarves became undead under the influence of the demons or the dragon. Al's speech was awesome. (Also I finally understood why is his name "Al" while in Japanese it's "Ruu", it's a shortening of VindALfr, which is VindaaRUvu in Japanese.)
Al's grown so much.
And the dragon that's been hyped up all this time is finally here!
Dec 2, 2023 6:50 AM
Sep 2015
This anime is definitely not the "another isekai" that people love to derogate about.
Dec 2, 2023 6:58 AM

Jul 2017
The Rust Mountains, especially the temple that William and Co. are in, it's still quite nasty and should be proceeded with caution. The room that they encounter, is filled with Ghelreis' and Vindalfr's once-human (now skeleton) Iron Mountain dwarven soldiers, that the latter spoke the truth about their lineage and wanted to lay all of their souls to rest, which William commended him for the bravery and effort. But they can't afford to stay stagnant any further and proceeded deep into the temple.

With more demons, the group heads in towards the Hall of Light, which they meet the demon's general of Scarabaeus, which this battle will prove his lineage as the future dwarven king of the Rust Mountains. As everyone does their part to rid of demons not to interrupt Al and the demon general's battle, the battle is ever easier said than done as countless demons surround Will and Co. to an insane degree, thereby defeating them all with difficulty. But the thing is, Scarabaeus's body missing while its head remained intact, this can only be the beginning of their troubles.

Finding Scarabaeus's body wandering alone whilst getting consumed by the dragon, Will and Co. have entered the Great Cavern, and faces the dragon altogether.

Incoming battle...hope it'll be good, considering the next episode is the crux of the self-titled sequel season.
Dec 2, 2023 10:16 AM

Feb 2019
Very good episode, went by in a flash. Only a little teaser for the insane battle to come, though.

If they could’ve recruited the undead dwarves as allies that would’ve been a great addition to their fighting force against the dragon.

The Al and demon general fight was great. Loved the animation and choreography throughout. If that’s an indication of how good the dragon fight will be, we’re eating good

We’re finally starting the dragon fight next week and I hope this lives up to expectations. They’ve been building up this fight for so long
Marinate1016Dec 2, 2023 10:26 AM
Dec 2, 2023 11:10 AM

Jun 2021
Another anime this season with a dragon fight. Probably the 5th one from my watching list. Looking forward to see the fight next episode.
Dec 2, 2023 12:13 PM

Oct 2017
They had to fight their way through to reach the dragon and they fought well so far. Lou specially has grown a lot. And here comes the dragon, the real fight starts here.
Dec 2, 2023 1:25 PM
Feb 2022
I'm watching young Aragorn on an adventure and the characters are boring me. That simple viewpoint makes it hard to appreciate the shows strengths. I'm more conflicted about rating this show than 90% of others I've seen.
Gl0rpDec 2, 2023 3:48 PM
Dec 2, 2023 4:50 PM
Jul 2021
Dragon-san, dude your bedchamber sucks, no offense though 😅

Also, this is how you show off a dragon! I'm sick and tired that nowadays they show that dragons are nothing more than a house gecko, or just one slap it when the dragon attack a village to show how op the mc is on some trash isekai
Me every time I hear the word "reparations": 🤣🤣🤣
Dec 2, 2023 6:59 PM
Apr 2023
That was epic enough for this anime's scale.
They really are like a part from LotR or at least from The Hobbit.

And looks like this battle will stretch out until the end of this season.
Looking forward to more action!
Dec 2, 2023 8:27 PM
Mar 2015
Demons begone Time for the main course Roast dragon
Dec 2, 2023 11:50 PM
Jun 2007
The team reached where dwarves stayed as undead, AL managed to talk and "released" them from agony.
Next enemy general awaits. AL managed to beheaded the enemy general while the rest defending from hoards of demon.
Finally reached dragon lair.
Dec 3, 2023 5:09 AM
Mar 2019
So we now have The Army of the Dead, and Smaug showing up. Yey, more Tolkien references. hihi
Dec 3, 2023 10:46 PM

Oct 2019
Quite a fascinating episode. The final boss fight is next. Will everyone survive that dragon?
Dec 4, 2023 2:25 AM

Aug 2012
So retarded. Why not use the undead army in the fight? As a note I see Gracefeel as the evil godess and Stagnate the good guy. Also if the air is combustible why not use a flame to burn the decay away thus also damaging a part of the demons? They are truly morons. Also is scarabeus , hypercorrectness makes the name sound weird. Also why translate Ruh to Al? Also leaving Ruh fight the general alone... why? Toboast his confidence? you are just exhausting one of your team mates. Using some enhancement on him or deleting the magic chains would have been something. Also why not use that word before? can commanders spawn minions endesly or what?
nightcrawlercypDec 4, 2023 2:44 AM
Dec 4, 2023 2:37 AM

Aug 2012
Reply to IzanaSolos
Damn, there's malevolence there that never rests.

Empowered by the intense spirit of Valacirca, unleashed from the depths of The West Gate the group presses forward, driven against their will. Before them emerges a squad of undead dwarves, transformed into immortality. Witnessing these beings imprisoned in a two-century-long battle against dragons, Ru boldly declares her intent to defeat Valacirca and reclaim the lost kingdom, resonating with determination.

You know, I understand they can't exactly align with the undead because of their connection to gracefeel and opposition to stagnation. However, having a whole army of dwarf skeleton warriors would have been incredibly useful in reaching their goal, just saying! They didn't have to move on to the next realm just yet. Lol. Utilizing the undead could prove beneficial, and meeting their demise in battle could be considered an honorable fate for them once again. However, I understand that they require peace after enduring what they have.

Man, I'm really digging Stagnate's role in this whole hero saga.
@IzanaSolos I agree . They could have used them until they reached the dragon, thus saving their power. Also Gracefeel is evil in my opinion. What is the point of a soul being recycled again and again always forgetting the past? Is Sisifian. Stagnate at least extends the life past its natural demise to allow the soul to get some sort of closure
nightcrawlercypDec 4, 2023 2:46 AM
Dec 4, 2023 7:07 AM

Feb 2015
ineser said:
The team reached where dwarves stayed as undead, AL managed to talk and "released" them from agony.
Next enemy general awaits. AL managed to beheaded the enemy general while the rest defending from hoards of demon.
Finally reached dragon lair.

yes surprisingly we all watched the episode so I'm not sure why we need a summary.

One of the better episode of the Faraway Sausage Fest this week. not sure why they didn't use the undead army to help them but hey whatever.

I'm starting to think Stagnate isn't all that bad
Dec 6, 2023 6:28 AM
Aug 2020
it was really fun to watch

i really enjoyed this episode
otakuweek on insta for News /recom etc

just have a look, you won't regret it...
Dec 9, 2023 10:29 AM

Jul 2011
So far 2nd season is not bad... however how on earth the story about a reincarnated dude who was raised by skeleton, mummy and a ghost turned into The Hobbit? :D
Dec 9, 2023 11:44 AM
Apr 2021
This epesode is absolutly one of my top 10 favorite anime epesodes ever! they captured the emotion so well! I got goosebumps. Valacirca was so ominous and terrifying (AAAAAaaaa).
Dec 10, 2023 3:25 PM

Mar 2010
Im thinking the dragon will simply toy with em, and let them go like little mice.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Dec 12, 2023 11:25 PM
Oct 2018
Great battle scene with the demons. And that is big damn dragon!
Dec 18, 2023 2:48 AM

Dec 2018
Sending off those soldiers was nice, but the battle animations were really poorly done. very barebones. maybe saving money for later episodes?
Dec 27, 2023 12:43 AM
Dec 2022
Al certainly is impressive in his battle against the demon general. Funny to see demons wielding swords to fight Will and his men. The dragon reveals itself finally.
Jan 13, 1:41 AM

Sep 2012
new that was idiocy that they didn't ask the undead dwarves to fight along side them to be the dragon (chance for payback for them) and after that they can pass on
Jan 13, 1:44 AM

Sep 2012
Reply to nightcrawlercyp
So retarded. Why not use the undead army in the fight? As a note I see Gracefeel as the evil godess and Stagnate the good guy. Also if the air is combustible why not use a flame to burn the decay away thus also damaging a part of the demons? They are truly morons. Also is scarabeus , hypercorrectness makes the name sound weird. Also why translate Ruh to Al? Also leaving Ruh fight the general alone... why? Toboast his confidence? you are just exhausting one of your team mates. Using some enhancement on him or deleting the magic chains would have been something. Also why not use that word before? can commanders spawn minions endesly or what?
@nightcrawlercyp "Why not use the undead army in the fight?"
IKR that ws so dumb

More topics from this board

Poll: » Is this adaptation better than the first season?

Ghefira - Sep 13

3 by CheliosX »»
Sep 13, 1:13 PM

Poll: » Saihate no Paladin: Tetsusabi no Yama no Ou Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 23, 2023

60 by Abyhape »»
Aug 17, 2:20 AM

» Where are the girls in this show?

Dije - Jun 9

6 by Abyhape »»
Aug 17, 2:19 AM

Poll: » Saihate no Paladin: Tetsusabi no Yama no Ou Episode 4 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 28, 2023

34 by DarkTh3Light »»
May 31, 7:03 PM

» Anime vs manga

Hugowolf - Apr 12

0 by Hugowolf »»
Apr 12, 2:40 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.