Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 20, 2023 5:58 AM

Nov 2011
Well, this case took a twist with Ron being named a murder suspect.

Fortunately, not every single person believes Ron is a suspect and he does have Toto to help him. The episode still had its usual character chemistry between Ron and Toto although more tense than usual. The case itself got more complicated with every minute that passed by, and even Ron knew it.

Nov 20, 2023 6:42 AM
Sep 2015
Now this case is quite hard.
Nov 20, 2023 6:49 AM

Dec 2021
There's something concerning the fishing line—perhaps it's linked to the boat guy. I really enjoyed this episode, and may Grizzly rest in peace.

Ron becomes a suspect in a murder case, and Toto desperately investigates to clear his suspicion. Grizzly also conducts an investigation, but since everyone except Ron has an alibi, he believes Ron is the culprit. However, upon hearing about the crime scene conditions at the time of the incident from Toto's investigation, Grizzly becomes convinced that there is another real culprit.

This episode has definitely become my favorite so far. It appears that we're now delving into a substantial arc. Just as I was beginning to appreciate Grizzly, things took a turn. The moment Toto went off on his own to investigate, it became evident. Everyone seems to have a solid alibi, making me wonder if there are others on the island or if some are collaborating. Now it's time for deduction.

I'm genuinely curious to unravel the truth.

Nov 20, 2023 7:17 AM

Mar 2011
Toto lying next to the victim and then realizing he can’t do it like Ron :D. Also Ron wanting to mix some humming into his explanation. His 2 % working brain is impressive. I can’t even do that on 50 % O.o.

Find yourself a partner who loves you as much as Ron loves his brown sugar syrup :P (but maybe minus the squeezing-part X___x).

It was so sad to see Grizzly die, especially since he was Ron’s mentor. This is very personal now and I really think they adapted that part well, including Ron’s expression. But of course it couldn’t remain serious. When he was talking fast I had to pause once again (this anime makes me pause more often than others so I can have a laugh – I love this series <3). Even though this episode is more serious and a much sadder they still managed to include some parts for laughs. This combination is honestly gold and makes up for the parts where the writing is lacking in my opinion.

The infamous fishing line… And now that I watch this adapted I can see how Ron combined the hints.
Oh, I just noticed Orihime has stars in her eyes *-* (:

But is it just me or is there something wrong with the subtitles on Netflix as they sometimes seem to be asynchronous?

However, I can’t wait for the next episode and conclusion of this case <3
You're the light shining over The black and gloomy nights
So long I've been waiting To run into your arms
Oh, my only one desire You're the one I need
Through the thousand years ~ Evermore

"Midnight Sun" by AleXa

Nov 20, 2023 7:51 AM
Sep 2021
The mystery of this case is becoming more interesting and difficult to solve but ron is there to crack it, so the culprit will be revealed next week.
Nov 20, 2023 8:30 AM
Aug 2020
i was not expecting that, it was a good episode
otakuweek on insta for News /recom etc

just have a look, you won't regret it...
Nov 20, 2023 8:43 AM

Feb 2019
It’s very rare to see a case shake up even Ron. Losing his mentor was obviously a big blow. Grizzly sensei’s murder was kind of expected since he had started making some progress on the case, but I didn’t expect it to be this soon with him being a BLUE instructor and all. If there’s anything positive, it’s that Ron is as motivated as ever to solve this case and ensure his old master can rest in peace.

I’m like 100 percent sure this’ll be connected to the case from 10 years ago. Would be a perfect way to clear Ron’s name. I don’t really know who the suspect could be since everyone has an alibi..

Get someone that looks at you like Ron looks at Black Sugar Syrup 😂

Another really good ep
Marinate1016Nov 20, 2023 8:51 AM
Nov 20, 2023 8:46 AM

Apr 2023
Loved the comedy this episode and how Ron's eyes were visible when they found his sensei, rip
Nov 20, 2023 9:00 AM
Aug 2022
Definitely the most difficult case so far. Watching this on 4 hours sleep is definitely difficult but at least I have Ron to do all the deductions for me

I really hope we see Mofu again. I really liked her character
Nov 20, 2023 9:22 AM

Mar 2020
Definitely my favourite episode so far, but I'll hold off on raising my score until this case ends. I like how this case has extended to become more like an arc, makes things much more engaging. This one is genuinely hard to deduce, since everyone seems to have an alibi.
Nov 20, 2023 10:54 AM

Oct 2021
I coulda swore it was Grizzly setting Ron up but apparently not 👀

Candy Haul!

X5
Nov 20, 2023 11:20 AM
Mar 2023
Who is the guilty ?????
Nov 20, 2023 12:03 PM

Jan 2019
Prime suspect is the idol. She claimed to be in the observatory streaming at midnight but the lights were broken from before 11pm.

She was with the chef when the shot was heard and asked her to bring flashlights knowing the lights were broken in the observatory.

I'm guessing the gun was rigged up with fishing wire to fire at the switch when the observatory opened. Unsure how the gun and key got to Ron though.

Big fan of the case so far, I was so sure it was the chef last week but it's got a lot more complicated and interesting.

Nov 20, 2023 12:24 PM

Jul 2022
damn bro detective isshiki already solved the mystery? big brain
Nov 20, 2023 1:18 PM

Oct 2017
Interesting turn of events, Ron better solve this one fast.
Nov 20, 2023 1:35 PM

Sep 2018
I've watched these last 2 or 3 episodes while being fairly tired, a little unfair, but the show isn't as engaging as it once was. Plus the Boke and Tsukkomi routine between Ron and can't even remember his name, isn't that funny.
Nov 20, 2023 4:13 PM

May 2019
Reply to ForeverTraitor
Prime suspect is the idol. She claimed to be in the observatory streaming at midnight but the lights were broken from before 11pm.

She was with the chef when the shot was heard and asked her to bring flashlights knowing the lights were broken in the observatory.

I'm guessing the gun was rigged up with fishing wire to fire at the switch when the observatory opened. Unsure how the gun and key got to Ron though.

Big fan of the case so far, I was so sure it was the chef last week but it's got a lot more complicated and interesting.
@ForeverTraitor
Pretty good reasoning there. I also thought it was the chef from last week but now I am doubting that.

I really don't know who it is but it if it is tied to the same person from 10 years ago then I think the idol may be too young so maybe one of the guys. I do like the hypothesis that the fishing line was rigged to fire at the switch though. Anyways, we'll most likely see who the culprit is in the next episode.
Nov 20, 2023 4:41 PM

Apr 2022
no way did her try to lay down next to the body like ron lol. damn not grizzly, he was growing on me. idol looked kinda sus at the end for some reason but apparently she helped them so let's just see.
Nov 20, 2023 4:49 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
We got a three parter on our hands, and it definitely makes sense giving all that happened in this episode. First off, rip Grizzly, he was a cool lad despite the fact he accused Ron the way he did, whoever the culprit is managing to kill him means we’re up against a dangerous one indeed. And all it took to bring Ron back in action was some syrup, of course lol.

And I think giving the evidence we have the culprit is between the cook and the idol girl, but I’m not gonna act like I have it figured out because I don’t lol, this is just what I’m thinking, and if Ron already has it figured out then that means we’re in for an interesting start to the next episode.
Nov 20, 2023 5:30 PM

Mar 2021
Yep Unno was def suspicious since the moment she whipped out those flashlights last episode—also, as chef, she has the most opportunity to do as she wishes with each character, including drugging Ron, who she knows loves black sugar syrup :P

Nooo Grizzly... it's Hughes all over, with the wise, lovable mentor getting brutally killed as soon as he discovers a secret that would greatly help the main characters. Of course, Ron, being the detective he is, discovers the same secret literally seconds later anyway.
Nov 20, 2023 5:49 PM

Dec 2015
The fishing line, the flashlights... hmm someone was prepared last episode. Perhaps that's what they were doing while they were letting off a little steam in the observatory room.

Shame that Grissly was killed off. I thought it was a bit suspicious he thought an intruder was in the observatory but he checks out since he got dropped off the building.

Love how this gives off "And Then There Were None" vibes. I kind of like closed circle cases so I'm looking forward to how it all comes together in the next episode.
Nov 20, 2023 8:28 PM

Jul 2017
With the typhoon reigning on Nandan Island, Toto went to investigate on his own, and found CCTV recordings, but at the back of his watch...the criminal ensues?

Toto facing John Grizzly to prove that Ron is culpable for the case whereas the former believes that he is innocent, Toto's facing quite the enemy that tries to dispute that he knows the forbidden detective better than the current detective partner. And once that fact was resolved, John is for certain that Ron is not the culprit, due to how the shots were fired and the sound of how many were shot, leading to the glass shards on the floor, which Ron being barefooted, will have already scarred his feet full of blood that at a far distance, he would not have been able to shot her. Also, the black sugar syrup being drugged, it cut the aount of people involved, and this serial murder was planned very meticulously. even for John to get shot clean knowing that this island is a classic closed circle trap, no one is safe except the criminal.

For the star closed circle BLUE instructor to get shot, their criminal is a rather tough nut, and the fishing line is almost certain to pinpoint the exact person and their alibis at the point of the gunshot. It looks as if the Nandan Island is cursed from 10 years ago, but this is a classic closed trap case that Toto can solve with the help of Ron and the setting of the case. And Ron...decided to continue his hula hoop, which it also caught the fishing line.

Thanks to Orihime, the pieces are all in place, so it's up to Toto to deduce the case wide open. What a challenge.
Nov 23, 2023 12:04 AM

Mar 2008
This one isn't hard to figure out. This is my own speculation, no cheating i promise
Nov 23, 2023 5:38 AM
Jan 2020
Lol, I suspected on ep 7, but that arc is just a umineko-like mistery case (some type of homage). The closed room homicide, isolated isle, no communication with outside (despite the girl doing Livestream). Ryushiki will be mad if beatoriche don't do her appearance.
Nov 23, 2023 8:23 AM
Oct 2017
I'm thinking it's the son of the former landlord who did it. Maybe the island is starting to lose its luster over the last decade and he wants to rekindle the interest in their business. I mean, I've no proof. Only a motive.
Nov 25, 2023 12:18 AM
Sep 2019
I still suspect that head of this place. He seems like someone who wants this place to be popular. Something sure is the reason why I suspect him ever since the case begun
Nov 25, 2023 6:28 AM

Jun 2020
As always my small brain can't figure out anything lol, need to wait the next episode.
Nov 26, 2023 1:42 PM

Jul 2019
Even after watching so much detective conan, I can't figure out shit :S
Nov 27, 2023 11:55 PM

Dec 2018
Hmm... Ron said it's not the chef... So, maybe the weird hair dude? Why he always goes to the washroom???
Well, poor Old Blue detective guy... He said he will apologize to Ron later, but he doesn't have that time to do so since he got killed....

Nov 28, 2023 4:09 AM

Apr 2023
At 05:49 the screen behind Toto had an icon of Internet Expolorer on its upper right (I was tsukkomi-ing about they still using IE), but at 05:56 it disappeared, while other icons left unchanged. So was that a drawing mistake or smth?
Nov 28, 2023 11:05 AM

Apr 2021
Bro this show is so good oml
Nov 29, 2023 1:37 PM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
We have to wait to the next episode to know the assessin!!!
kekeke
Dec 2, 2023 3:25 PM
Dec 2020
why doesn't anyone confine them in a room to avoid a 3rd death??!! (and even to avoid the 2nd death at first), they walk around as if everything is fine...
Dec 4, 2023 10:10 AM

May 2020
That guy who owns the dome or is the director or something, could be the one, but then again he said the killings 10 years ago hampered the reputation of the observatory and his father too, so it'd not make much sense.

Still, I strongly hope they don't make that idol culprit. It'll be the most unserious conclusion after all.
Dec 17, 2023 8:58 AM
Adventurer

Apr 2017
So was it Juumonshi and the bowl-cut guy working together? If everyone had alibis, it must've been a team-job. Orihime and the chef (Onno-san?) were together, and the two guys were together.

I don't see how the hula hoop plays into the locked room mystery, but I'm assuming the killer used........ hold on.

The gunshot came right after the dome was opened, and there was fishing line around it. Could it be that the fishing line was connected to the vent? Maybe after the vent opened (through the dome turning and therefore the fishing line pulling it up), the culprit shot a bullet through it and it ricocheted, hitting Onodera as she turned away from the switch? Danganronpa V3 style?
I'll make it with the power of cute

I'm unstoppable
Jan 14, 3:15 AM

Jul 2016
Reply to isekun
Even after watching so much detective conan, I can't figure out shit :S
@isekun

The fishing line clearly sets the gun off. Other than that I am unsure.
Jan 15, 3:28 AM

Mar 2015
"Maybe this one is too tough even for you", what a rude thing to say to your carry sir
Jan 29, 3:04 AM
Dec 2022
Toto can't lie next to the victim and talked just like Kamoo did. The mystery deepens.
Apr 30, 11:50 PM

Aug 2019
Bro just when the old man had a change of heart he was murdered

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kamonohashi Ron no Kindan Suiri Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 25, 2023

68 by Mayuka »»
Jun 12, 2:00 AM

Poll: » Kamonohashi Ron no Kindan Suiri Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 18, 2023

25 by Sun_Chan »»
May 1, 7:13 AM

Poll: » Kamonohashi Ron no Kindan Suiri Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 11, 2023

38 by Sun_Chan »»
May 1, 7:12 AM

Poll: » Kamonohashi Ron no Kindan Suiri Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 4, 2023

54 by Sun_Chan »»
May 1, 12:35 AM

Poll: » Kamonohashi Ron no Kindan Suiri Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 27, 2023

70 by Sun_Chan »»
May 1, 12:11 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.