Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jun 2, 2010 7:01 PM

Jan 2008
Can't wait to see Sanji's ordeal on that island :)

Jun 3, 2010 8:17 PM

Oct 2008
SUPERRRR.
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.~
Jun 4, 2010 12:30 AM

Nov 2008
bLaCk_LeG said:
So had a chance to see the crew.Good Good.
Nami's story was a bit boring.I really hope Nami didn't stay behind at the sky island just to make some cash :(

Franky's was entertaining.Who else loved the way he merged Supperrrrr with japanese ? :D

But I gotta point out something

Look at Nami.She's reasonably tall.

Now look at Luffy.He looks like a kid.Wasnt Luffy taller than Nami?

I really dont like this character scale being drawn smaller.It looks like the animators are trying to make Luffy look like a young boy to appeal to pre-teens or something.Like some Naruto.
Tell me I'm being paranoid?

Btw..

SANJI... :3
Jun 4, 2010 2:20 AM

Apr 2010
------------------------------------------ -- --

wew... what will sanji gain new power?? haha changing... gender.. T_t..
Jun 4, 2010 2:21 AM

Apr 2010
------------------------------------------------- -- --

wew... gay skill sanji new move.. T_t wew

Jun 5, 2010 1:13 PM

Jun 2007
Man seeing Nami and Franky again really makes me remember why I want the crew together again. Hopefully it won't be too long ;_;
Jun 6, 2010 12:18 AM

Jul 2009
i never thought that i would like this episode ..
the story becomes complicated !!! .. cant wait to see what will happen with Vegapunk

arden_ruales said:
------------------------------------------------- -- --

wew... gay skill sanji new move.. T_t wew

hahahah .. i think he will be more friendly with Mr. 2 after this ^.^
Jun 7, 2010 9:50 AM

Jun 2008
bLaCk_LeG said:
Nami's story was a bit boring.I really hope Nami didn't stay behind at the sky island just to make some cash :(

Franky's was entertaining.Who else loved the way he merged Supperrrrr with japanese ? :D

I really dont like this character scale being drawn smaller.It looks like the animators are trying to make Luffy look like a young boy to appeal to pre-teens or something.Like some Naruto.

Btw..

Kind of late but no, Luffy wasn't taller than Nami.

And if my memory is right Luffy is still 16 or something while Nami is 18.

Also those pics dodn't mean much since Luffy is sitting while Nami is being compared to some midget old guy.

Kind of disappointed by this really, because it may have been fun but nothing basically changed from when they first landed on those islands.
Jun 7, 2010 3:05 PM
Mar 2010
Monad said:

Also those pics dodn't mean much since Luffy is sitting while Nami is being compared to some midget old guy.

Kind of disappointed by this really, because it may have been fun but nothing basically changed from when they first landed on those islands.

Actually, according to the data book (meh just refer to their profile here), Nami is 169 cm while Luffy is 172 cm. Luffy's age is 17 (hence the "OMG time skip") while Nami is 18.

The 'midget old guy' are also not that short when he was shown in the manga. In fact, it was the opposite as he towered Nami on both of the cover page.
http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/555/01/
http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/556/01/

Meh this thing isn't really worth a discussion this to be honest. I'd just say this to anime-only people here. When you wanted to discuss the material in One Piece, don't use anime as your references, use the manga instead as it is more informative and consistent. This isn't the first time TOEI made some inconsistencies in their adaptation, there are several lots of changes, inconsistencies (loop holes if you may) they've made in their past episodes.
Jun 7, 2010 4:20 PM

Jun 2008
sex-pistols said:
Monad said:

Actually, according to the data book (meh just refer to their profile here), Nami is 169 cm while Luffy is 172 cm. Luffy's age is 17 (hence the "OMG time skip") while Nami is 18.

The 'midget old guy' are also not that short when he was shown in the manga. In fact, it was the opposite as he towered Nami on both of the cover page.
http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/555/01/
http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/556/01/

Meh this thing isn't really worth a discussion this to be honest. I'd just say this to anime-only people here. When you wanted to discuss the material in One Piece, don't use anime as your references, use the manga instead as it is more informative and consistent. This isn't the first time TOEI made some inconsistencies in their adaptation, there are several lots of changes, inconsistencies (loop holes if you may) they've made in their past episodes.

Well in the anime the old guy is consistently shorter than Nami so i don't think it was just a mistake. They must have decided to changed it and go with a short version.
As about the height of Luffy and Nami. Well ok he has 3cm more but that ain't a big difference and what you forget to put in your computations is that high heels of hers. She probably gets 10 cm more with those things.
So in the end she looks taller besides him, not to mention that women always look taller than a man of the same height.
So Nami and Luffy have 1 year difference? Why was i under the impression that they had two? Or did Luffy just became 17 while Nami is gonna turn 19 in a month?

BTW 1.69cm it's a nice height. That's generally a tall woman.
And lol Luffy is about the same height as me.
MonadJun 10, 2010 12:15 AM
Jun 9, 2010 8:12 PM

Aug 2008
I'm glad to see the crew again after such a long absence. Looks like Kuma did them a favor in more ways than one.

May 14, 2011 1:37 PM

Jul 2007
Was that arabasta's kingdom that nami landed on or was it bananero island where the fight against ace and blackbeard took place.

anyways, not sure really what to say bout these episodes. There is very little shown.

I don't know why there trying turn franky into like a cyborg that doesn't battle. I wonder who or what that was that was shown at the end of episode though.

May 14, 2011 1:44 PM

Jul 2007
Dramon said:

Btw..

You never know, there may be reasoning behind it. I remember how every time luffy gets injected with those harmones. It decreases his life span. Also he went through that torturous healing in implel down. Maybe that had an effect on his whole body. I have noticed to that he is starting to look a little shorter like a kid then he has been in the past.

May 14, 2011 1:45 PM

Jul 2007
DonKangolJones said:
I'm glad to see the crew again after such a long absence. Looks like Kuma did them a favor in more ways than one.

I don't see what yuo mean by this. There really hasn't been any indication of the straw hats getting stronger or going through a training regime. But i guess it will be explained later. Franky learning how to be mister goodie two shows, isnt training lol

Jun 24, 2011 9:58 PM

Jun 2009
@ Link9us

You disappoint me. Think about it. Nami is a navigator right? So, of course, she is going to learn some very useful things about the weather from that old man and, in Franky's case, he is meeting Dr. Vegapunk. You know, the guy who created the "clones" of Kuma. I don't see how that couldn't possibly be advantageous for Franky.

Also, Franky very obviously turned back to normal at the end of the episode.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Jun 24, 2011 11:24 PM

Jul 2007
insan3soldiern said:
@ Link9us

You disappoint me. Think about it. Nami is a navigator right? So, of course, she is going to learn some very useful things about the weather from that old man and, in Franky's case, he is meeting Dr. Vegapunk. You know, the guy who created the "clones" of Kuma. I don't see how that couldn't possibly be advantageous for Franky.

Also, Franky very obviously turned back to normal at the end of the episode.

Yeah i know this, the vegapunk thing was intriguing at the end to me and im sure it has everything to do with modifying franky in some way i just don't see what is the meaning behind franky's change in personality type? Its like there trying to change him, who he is. Trying to turn him into a gentlemen and for what?? That is my question. Nami's is definitely easy to figure out, she lands on an island called wethera where apparently this old guy knows vast knowledge of the weather and how it works and that will in turn make her more skilled as a fighter and as a navigator.

But watch next episode, you will see some pretty awkward changes to the straw hats, im sure oda has reasoning behind it, but its just so difficult to peace together at this point. Everyone who has read the manga probably knows everything, i haven't read that far so i don't know. The ones that are particular the most difficult to figure out, are zoro's, choppers, and sanji's.
ArtimesGamerJun 24, 2011 11:29 PM

Jun 25, 2011 12:33 AM

Jun 2009
Well, about Franky's personality change. I think it was just because of the tea which, and I'm sure you know this, symbolizes a "gentleman" type of personality and that's the only reason for the change. Notice at the end of the episode, when he comes back to the perverted franky? It was temporary.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Jul 29, 2011 10:55 AM

Feb 2010
Ahem, so basically, without having any idea about the rest of the crew's conditions, Nami just decided to leave them be and stay in some sky island for a year or two to learn some pretty weather tricks.

someone tell me that was non-canon.
vizhmaster_vizhuJul 29, 2011 10:59 AM
Aug 6, 2011 2:33 AM

May 2010
Man, can't wait until the whole Strawhat crew reunite.. I fear they'll all be notched up a level! :-D So looks like everyone's going into severe training! :-D This Vegapunk fellow is intriguing! Hope he transforms Franky into a killing machine just like Kuma! LOLSS :-D
Aug 8, 2011 2:53 PM

Aug 2010
Nami <3
Oct 25, 2011 10:19 AM

Jul 2010
so nami will learn the weather while franky might get an upgrade.

May 12, 2012 8:07 PM

Jun 2007
Dragging a 2xx cm Cyborg on a bed into a forrest infested by killer-cyborg-animals ... that boy certainly should not be underestimated.
May 13, 2012 1:50 PM

Aug 2010
Just who the hell do you think I am?
fuck everything and rumble
Nov 24, 2012 9:25 AM

Mar 2010
It was decent

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Jul 14, 2013 9:57 PM

Nov 2012
I quite like gentleman Franky, but he's just not super enough.
Oct 17, 2013 11:25 PM

Jul 2013
I am really curious as to why Kuma sent the straw hat pirates to places where they can improve and become stronger. He also lied about killing the crew. Is Kuma against the government and is aiding the straw hat pirates, hoping that they will succeed in bringing down the marines?
Pirates are evil? The Marines are righteous? These terms have always changed throughout the course of history! Kids who have never seen peace and kids who have never seen war have different values! Those who stand at the top determine what's wrong and what's right! This very place is neutral ground! Justice will prevail, you say? But of course it will! Whoever wins this war becomes justice!
- Doflamingo
Oct 29, 2013 4:55 PM

Apr 2012
i really like the place that nami got sent to.
it really suits her!
and franky's comeback was entertaining lol
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 2, 2014 7:45 AM

Dec 2012
"Mister Franky" was hilarious but I am glad he is back to normal...
Sanji o_O I am so curious to see how he will improve by being in that island....
Jul 17, 2014 10:01 AM

Dec 2013
Franky's victory theme is priceless :D
Oct 8, 2014 3:32 AM

Jan 2014
Franky's theme is indeed awesome.
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Fight again, fight again for justice!
Oct 24, 2014 6:25 AM

Oct 2013
Meh

Jun 15, 2015 8:40 AM

Jun 2015
on to the next
Jul 27, 2016 10:41 AM

Mar 2015
Looks like we'll be exploring what the other Straw Hats are getting up to before they inevitably reunite.. lots of opportunities for self-development surely!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Nov 2, 2016 3:18 AM
Nekogirl~

Mar 2014
yay franky is back! <3

Mar 30, 2019 6:28 PM

Jun 2016
I found the art in this episode really great honestly. I'm bad at speaking in depth about art but the colors felt nice to look at and the art felt well done most of the time. Also, it had great transitions from the bird that flew to Weatheria and then cutting to Franky on his island reading about Nami's adventures. It was fun.

It started with Jimbei comforting Luffy on their way to the decisive battle of their time.

Then we got some more of Nami and her new friend and I liked that sequence quite a bit. They are both altruistic people that are interested in manipulating weather. Because of that they feel pure as friends and I'm excited for them to get to know each other better. Plus, it's not boring because Nami has a short temper and her new friend is so jolly and eccentric all the time that he's not even mad when Nami hits him. They're nice and it seems Nami has decided instead of rushing back to her crew she'd rather take the slower but more beneficial path for herself and use this as a training arc of mastering weather manipulation even further than she had before. Interesting. That decision did come off as weird to me but after seeing what the New World has to offer and how little of a chance they had against Kizaru maybe she's just deciding to have faith in her nakama and make sure she can come back pulling her own weight.

The Franky sequence had less for me to talk about but I found it charming. Vegapunk creates and releases cyborg animals and even seems to have enclosed them into a forest so they don't roam around. Further, we can assume he made the two that took in Franky's dog into a cyborg and that doggy is a nice one. He's the guy who if I recall made the technology of sea prism ships to trick sea kings, and modified Kuma, and made Pacifista's. So, although he is the head of government weaponry I don't think it implies that he's a bad guy, and in fact I think Kuma sent Franky here so he could get modified in a similar way to Kuma. I don't know the next time we'll see Franky's story but if that does happen Franky may come out very strong.
Aug 28, 2020 8:54 PM

May 2016
It's been a while since we've gotten in touch with the other Straw Hats and it's nice to see them again!

It looks like Nami's able to get back to Saobody but she decided to stay in favor of learning more about the weather so she can make full use of her Clima Tact and improve her navigational skills even more while Franky's gonna look for upgrades in Vegapunk's lab if he's lucky and even meet with the man behind the Pacifistas himself!

Sep 29, 2020 3:47 AM

Dec 2007
i hope i'm not the only one to see that the animation had improved, hope it will stay like this.

so hot tea = cola? i stopped following reason in the series long time ago, but this? xD

and the nami part were bit boring, the important part there were that nami choose to stay in weatheria.

i'm really looking for the robin part.
May 29, 2021 6:57 AM

Jun 2019
Franky reverted to his old self and Nami is chilling as well.
Jun 21, 2022 10:50 AM

Oct 2020
i'm glad we get to see how the other straw hat's are doing...
but i can hardly wait to see how the marineford arc will play out
Aug 13, 2022 6:05 PM

Dec 2018
I DON'T FUCKING CARE PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF CHRIST JUST GET ON WITH IT YOU FUCKING IDIOTS
Jun 14, 2023 9:06 PM
Oct 2019
Finally Nami and Franky.
I miss the crews so much 😭
Jul 9, 2023 4:38 AM
Jul 2018
I guess each member of the Straw Hats are going to pick up/improve their skills so the next time they meet they’re really powerful.

Imagine if they met Haredas back in Alabasta it’d have made the whole conflict pointless.
Jan 10, 11:37 PM

Dec 2022
The old man Nami is with is so wholesome.

Jan 29, 7:40 AM

Oct 2019
That was fun, it's nice to see how the crew is doing.
May 4, 5:38 PM

Dec 2022
bit slow but nice for expanded cover stories
when Franky opened the door out of thin air LOL
May 25, 12:22 PM

Jun 2017
the sandy plains of Alabsta would have welcomed the scientist
Aug 10, 12:07 AM

Jun 2024
We get to see what the other straw hats have been doing, again. Little break before the beginning of Marineford
Chopper and Sanji next :)
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Piece Episode 213 Discussion

reaght - Jun 5, 2009

37 by Titanfan93 »»
31 minutes ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 1120 Discussion

IzanaSolos - Sep 21

40 by batpower3 »»
39 minutes ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 112 Discussion

VARIAchan - Dec 17, 2009

48 by TheStarscream759 »»
1 hour ago

» One piece live action

OiJosuke_____ - 7 hours ago

15 by westernwolfusa »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 212 Discussion

Kaito__Kid - Nov 12, 2009

46 by Titanfan93 »»
4 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.