Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 14, 2023 9:58 AM

Nov 2011
Given the e-sports nature, every team needs a set of at least 5 members.

Shun has good intentions for his reason to compete and because of his personality, he tries to make things right for him and his family. We got more competitive FPS shooting again, which I'm rather underwhelmed by. Even at E-sports level, this felt casual and wasn't even a full match. Underwhelming episode imo.
Oct 14, 2023 11:51 AM
May 2022
pretty okay so far. i dont mind the slow start concidering we need to know the characters/some background
Oct 14, 2023 11:58 AM
Jul 2023
The best representation.
Oct 14, 2023 12:05 PM

Oct 2011
all members irl revealed

ending theme yay
Oct 14, 2023 12:22 PM
Mar 2017
Reply to Mainnus
The best representation.
@Mainnus I lost it at "fueled by p2w" LOL. I was like "this guy is perfect!" "I'm in love!" "Now that's a real pro gamer!" He did not disappoint either. His own equipment. Top tier gaming skills. The voice too!! LOL. Amg. He'd be like the fearless leader in Discord.
Oct 14, 2023 6:24 PM

Nov 2010
  • It was confirmed that the anime team put misleading shots intentionally;
    • "Noo! I wanna do it with you, onii-chan!" while protagonist's sister was hugging him from his back in previous episode.
    • "You can do whatever you want. You don't have to hold it..." his sister whispered in his ear in this episode.

• The chubby geek seems cool other than his looks.
  • The show sort of resembles this short video
Oct 14, 2023 6:52 PM
Apr 2019
Reply to Mainnus
The best representation.
@Mainnus I am pleased to see that the subbers have taken the time to provide an accurate translation of 課金は栄養, which can be interpreted as "fueled by P2W". While 課金 ("kakin") may refer to in-game purchases, 栄養 ("eiyou") translates to "nutrition" or "nourishment". As a bilingual Japanese speaker, I occasionally notice a few errors with subtitles used for anime, but the translation of the shirt seems spot-on.

I am curious as to how Japanese animation studios would tackle a series that focuses on eSports.

From a Japanese business perspective, I would consider recruiting Fallen Angel Winged Cat Princess (aka ダネコ / "daneko" per BokuAme.com), as he comes across as polite and without any undue self-promotion; instead he just lets his gameplay speak for itself. Polite and competent, he'll be a good teammate, doesn't seem like he'll be toxic and start blaming his team for anything. I enjoyed watching his close-combat approach because I do that sometimes in FPS games. According to BokuAme's website, Ryuusei Nagamine seems to be the character's real name.

It remains to be seen how Yuu will balance her gaming commitments with her acting career. Ms. Sakagami is aware of her gaming and cautions her to protect her public image. It is possible that she may request Shun to keep quiet and allow her to remain anonymous while helping Team FOX ONE. She won't be using the name Big Bang Infinity, I think she'll be using a different name instead based on what I've read off the BokuAme website.

If anyone has questions about the anime, lemme know. I read the BokuAme website regularly, especially while waiting for the next episode to come out.
Oct 14, 2023 7:05 PM
Oct 2023
NI ANIME ADA MANGANYA GA SIH WOY
Oct 14, 2023 7:23 PM

Sep 2016
I'm only watching this for not-Sarashina RUka
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Oct 14, 2023 8:44 PM
Sep 2020
Reply to bakuretsukun
NI ANIME ADA MANGANYA GA SIH WOY
@bakuretsukun GK ada ngab
Oct 14, 2023 10:57 PM

Oct 2022
That ending is illegal lmao. Stalking and doxxing.

Oct 15, 2023 1:55 AM

Jul 2017
The revival of Team Fox One with Nozomi, Shun and Kaito, they need 2 more people to complete the team's group.

To narrow their crowd to just 2 people that'll be a good fit for the team, everything that Nozomi's father had going for him was a string of business failures. And Shun's conversation with Explosion to reel him into the competition, he's talking to the model whom his sister is watching all of her videos by, but that Yu remains a secrecy thanks to her line of work. The once online addict who had his life changed due to the accident and raising his mother and sister together, it's a hard life. But one gamer who had quite the Fallen Angel IGN name, he's a walking red flag...who knows his craft, and this Darth Vader-ish covered girl who also showcases her craft being pros at that, that which his identity is still an unknown and the rest stalking him from behind.

The truth about this Big Bang Infinity player, Shun realizes that it's the girl whom he met in his early years. Talk about a coincidence...
Oct 15, 2023 4:53 AM

Apr 2015
Why would a team waste time with tryouts without checking up on their accounts beforehand?
Oct 15, 2023 9:20 AM
May 2023
Lanz said:
Why would a team waste time with tryouts without checking up on their accounts beforehand?

exactly, who doesn't filter our applicants with ranks and levels first? especially in a pro league setting.
Oct 15, 2023 9:55 AM
Aug 2015
I basically wrote this episode. It was so predictable lmao. I knew Yu would show up, i just didn't know how. but as soon as they showed her playing you could see her blue gray nails. the same blue gray nails foreshadowed when they showed her on the call. but barging into someones apartment is wild. whats even more wild is how fast she showered. bitch showered like she went to US Army basic training. as a guy, i wouldn't even have gotten in the shower by that point or i would've been just getting in, and then ur gonna tell me she heard nothing? the door knocking? sure. the shouting? hell nah
Oct 15, 2023 9:59 AM
Aug 2015
Reply to KANLen09
The revival of Team Fox One with Nozomi, Shun and Kaito, they need 2 more people to complete the team's group.

To narrow their crowd to just 2 people that'll be a good fit for the team, everything that Nozomi's father had going for him was a string of business failures. And Shun's conversation with Explosion to reel him into the competition, he's talking to the model whom his sister is watching all of her videos by, but that Yu remains a secrecy thanks to her line of work. The once online addict who had his life changed due to the accident and raising his mother and sister together, it's a hard life. But one gamer who had quite the Fallen Angel IGN name, he's a walking red flag...who knows his craft, and this Darth Vader-ish covered girl who also showcases her craft being pros at that, that which his identity is still an unknown and the rest stalking him from behind.

The truth about this Big Bang Infinity player, Shun realizes that it's the girl whom he met in his early years. Talk about a coincidence...
@KANLen09 from the plot so far that isn't true. they used to play with explosion-kun, who kept her identity concealed. so they never knew her irl. and at the end all they discovered was their applicant wasn't a guy but in fact a female actress who's famous.
Oct 15, 2023 11:13 AM
Apr 2019
Reply to KANLen09

@KANLen09 Yup, Team Fox One will be as follows with their names and handles respectively:

Shun - SHUN
Nozomi - 656 (which they refer to her in-game name as muttsugorou むっつごろう)
Akito - Zane
Ryuusei - ダネコ ("Daneko") (shortened version of Datenshi Tsubasa Neko Hime aka Fallen Angel Winged Cat Princess lol)
Yuu - ファントムニンジャ ("Phantom Ninja")

Man, I can imagine the drama if her eSports pursuit leaks out and her agency gives her drama over it lol
Oct 15, 2023 11:34 AM
Apr 2019
Reply to holo-simp
Lanz said:

exactly, who doesn't filter our applicants with ranks and levels first? especially in a pro league setting.
Hmm perhaps they may not have the necessary resources or expertise to evaluate players' online accounts effectively. Moreover, some of them probably don't even play that particular FPS game Xaxxerion, hence no ranks or levels regarding that game if they had no Xaxxerion account to begin with. If the team is afraid that no one will show up to apply for their tryouts, then they may need to reconsider their branding and marketing strategies.

Maybe they lack a strong presence in the esports community, nor can they engage with potential players and fans (if any) on social media. If they had such presence, they could consider partnering with influencers or professional players to promote their tryouts and increase interest. But a team of that presence probably wouldn't be in such a financial mess. But this is still true, they should have surveyed who plays "Xaxxerion" with a Yes or No option, then if Yes, ask them to write down their ranks and levels.

They should have considered screening applicants by their level of Xaxxerion experience, and if zero, at least survey their FPS experience. The ones with shallow motivations to tryout probably lacked any FPS gaming experience.
Oct 15, 2023 3:09 PM

Oct 2012
I'm glad I gave this anime a chance, first episode was a bit misleading about what to expect.
Meanwhile this might turn into friendship-driven underdog of this season.

It's clearly slice of life, not shounen, the focus here are the lives of every member of the group. Yuu being the fifth member was to be expected (as the fact she still harbours some feelings towards Shun, the same as Nozomi) but now I really wonder how they want to keep her identity secret from now on (or maybe they make it into their selling-point?)
Oct 15, 2023 3:12 PM

Oct 2012
Reply to nestharus
@Mainnus I lost it at "fueled by p2w" LOL. I was like "this guy is perfect!" "I'm in love!" "Now that's a real pro gamer!" He did not disappoint either. His own equipment. Top tier gaming skills. The voice too!! LOL. Amg. He'd be like the fearless leader in Discord.
@nestharus he is voiced by Sugita. And Yuu is voiced by Amamiya Sora. Bunch of well-known seiyuu formed the team :)

(Sugita is actually well-known for online gaming, not sure about others)
Oct 15, 2023 4:43 PM
Mar 2015
So this is the only esports anime I've ever seen. I don't think there are that many around. In contrast to various works with the MMORPG theme, this one is about FPS, and I really like the honesty with which the game and its community are being portrayed. Whoever wrote this clearly plays FPS themselves. There is no glorification or wish fulfilment fantasy. While still not taking itself too seriously, the show portrays the harsh realities for kids trying to make it as pro gamers. Big thumbs up.

All that being said, the production quality isn't great, and I doubt the show will go viral with its low level of marketing. I appreciate that this exists, though.
Oct 15, 2023 7:23 PM

Aug 2010
I don't game or watch Esports at all, but (or maybe because of that?) I am enjoying this so far. I'm glad they're not dragging on revealing Yuu's identity to Shun, although the method was very questionable.

IchigoYokai said:
She won't be using the name Big Bang Infinity, I think she'll be using a different name instead based on what I've read off the BokuAme website.
Was it not Bakuretsu-kun either?

Based on the ED and Akito running to catch up with Shun, I feel like Yuu will reveal herself to the team, but hide herself in public.
Oct 15, 2023 8:00 PM

Apr 2014
Reply to Shirayukin
I don't game or watch Esports at all, but (or maybe because of that?) I am enjoying this so far. I'm glad they're not dragging on revealing Yuu's identity to Shun, although the method was very questionable.

IchigoYokai said:
She won't be using the name Big Bang Infinity, I think she'll be using a different name instead based on what I've read off the BokuAme website.

Based on the ED and Akito running to catch up with Shun, I feel like Yuu will reveal herself to the team, but hide herself in public.
@Shirayukin

Her new gaming name is

according to the official website
何それ?意味分かんない
Oct 15, 2023 8:16 PM
Apr 2019
Reply to Shirayukin

IchigoYokai said:

Nah, she's definitely Bakuretsu-kun in their games together, but as a Team Fox One member, the BokuAme website implies that she'll be using the handle 幻影忍者 (ファントムニンジャ) or "Phantom Ninja" based on the website's description of Yuu's character profile.

The next few episodes should shed more light on this.

I used to play stuff like League of Legends, CS:GO, and DoTA, but tbh, if I reaaaaaally wanted to watch anything eSports-related, I'd just watch eSports broadcasts/streams/etc. This anime seems to be more about the character interactions, their relationships, their motivations, their conflicts & resolutions, and their backstories. The eSports aspect seems like it just gives the context for the story.

That said, there's not a whole lot of anime on eSports.. the only other anime that I can think of would be Quanzhi Gaoshou aka The King's Avatar (https://myanimelist.net/anime/33926/Quanzhi_Gaoshou). Others who have watched The King's Avatar would want this to be that kind of eSports anime, but nah, doesn't seem like it's gonna be like that at all.
Oct 15, 2023 11:44 PM

Mar 2013
This is getting interesting but the end scene made me think of "Rent a G" all over again... lol

Anyway, it's getting better but Shun still has no character that I'm looking forward to. Too bland.
But thanks to Akito's push, Shun has finally got his ideal headstart in his life.
Akito is a cool comrade in my book but he is onto Shun's little sister... but I didn't see any implications of lasciviousness of any kind, and more of a better understanding friend to Shun's troubled life.

This is going to be such a ride, I just hope the animation won't flop on us, but the storytelling is much more important.
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Oct 17, 2023 8:13 PM
Jun 2021
Reply to Tsinelas
That ending is illegal lmao. Stalking and doxxing.
@Tsinelas there’s no doxxing lol but stalking yes
Oct 18, 2023 12:49 AM

Oct 2008
HAHAHA a bit cringe but it was hilarious!
5/5.

Oct 18, 2023 4:45 AM

Dec 2015
2nd episode turned out way better than expected. After the first episode I thought it would get boring ... a lengthy way until the other girl reveals themselves to the main group + an annoying background story with the sister.

But I actually liked the fast progress with the model girl (Yu) and the focus there. And the otaku guy was hilarious. First thought this would be the nick name of the model girl (obvious that she'd use a different name/account) but she seems to also indicate explosive stuff in her other name.
Oct 22, 2023 7:23 PM
Jun 2021
kind of underwhelming that the tryout process is just a deathmatch. Definitely doesnt feel selective/competitive enough for a tournament that is made out to be amongst the best teams in the world.
Nov 23, 2023 6:43 PM

Mar 2012
i don't really get this tournament they're taking part in. but i only play and watch league and know almost nothing about fps competitive gaming, so, i guess i'll stay confused.
this is fun, even if it's a bit too predictable. i miss quanzhi gaoshou, but maybe this will fill a little bit of that gap in my heart.

the op kinda reminds me of a girls generation song. i liked it!
Nov 30, 2023 3:12 AM
Apr 2013
EP 2

The op is like kinda not very notable but oh well

Its kind of funny how minase inori is like everywhere now

Aaand its a cliffhanger, oof
Not sure whats going on in this ed.

Anyway this ep was like. I mean its a cliffhanger so. Still an introduction.
We dont even know the name of the other guy heh.
He's voiced by sugita?? Damn I definitely did NOT recognize him. Yu hasnt had enough lines yet for me to recognize her naturally, while uh.

I do wonder though how on earth they do the voice changer thing

The irony is the advantage of this being an original means no source spoilers. Though I'm quite far behind so some inconsiderate people might have spoilers for the later episodes.

That being said I wonder if there's any meaning to the name
CocoaGalaxyNov 30, 2023 4:37 AM
Feb 23, 4:29 PM

Dec 2022
I knew the gas mask applicant would be a chick. Surprised she didn't realise Shun and the others were tailing her with how obvious they were, especially after she was lauded for her keen perception of sound.

Glasses guy was talking a load of shit about "red flags" as well, and for the pettiest reasons. Ironically, he's quite the "red flag" himself, as people who prescribe to such a trifling and valueless concept tend to be.

Shaded Horizon

Mar 25, 7:17 AM
Jun 2022
Yeah , That's Why Lock The Doors People .

More topics from this board

» Is second season likely ?

M_Shoaib_Ali - Mar 25

5 by StalkerFairy »»
May 20, 9:16 AM

Poll: » Bokura no Ameiro Protocol Episode 3 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 21, 2023

21 by RGreatDanton »»
Mar 25, 8:40 AM

Poll: » Bokura no Ameiro Protocol Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 7, 2023

59 by RGreatDanton »»
Mar 25, 7:02 AM

Poll: » Bokura no Ameiro Protocol Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 2, 2023

29 by APThunder »»
Mar 3, 12:27 AM

Poll: » Bokura no Ameiro Protocol Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 23, 2023

36 by Archean-Return »»
Feb 24, 12:01 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.