Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

Maou Gakuin no Futekigousha: Shijou Saikyou no Maou no Shiso, Tensei shite Shison-tachi no Gakkou e Kayou II Episode 12 Discussion

New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Sep 24, 2023 2:31 PM
Sep 2015
Why do people bother to fight Anos or belittle him? First season it shown this man was a god among gods. Literally makes no sense to even to fight him or be an enemy of them, when he is literally the strongest entity in the series.
Sep 24, 2023 3:51 PM
Sep 2020
The ending of part 1 of season 2 was nothing short of phenomenal
Sep 24, 2023 5:01 PM

Oct 2019
I have no idea why do I enjoy this show so much lol
Misa having her mom and dad back makes me so happy, the little moment at the end with Lay was also very funny
In the after credits scene, is that the goddess of Creation or Destruction? Guess we'll find out in the part 2!
Sep 25, 2023 10:22 AM
Jan 2018
Think the studio might have made the plot more confusing then it needed to be ?

But think it got the gist of it for the most but the all thing with goddes of destruction and reviving her to kill all life using avos,I think I forgot that part if that was brought up before and whatever that god was supposed to be doing at times it seemed to just be there to naively and delusionaly gloat at anos … even if he was speaking out his ass thinking he would actually achieve anything.
Mattinator95Sep 25, 2023 10:29 AM
Sep 25, 2023 11:04 AM

Nov 2009
The sun thingy came out of nowhere but I expected that stuff wouldn't get explained as usual with that pacing.
What could have been possibly better than j-pop idol music from the Anos fanclub for the finale...? bruh xd
Anyways, the good ending was satisfactory.

The season was pretty enjoyable overall, even if it was rushed again.
Looking forward to the next one and to eventually reading the LN.
Sep 25, 2023 4:00 PM
May 2023
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Sep 26, 2023 7:54 AM
Jun 2007
The fight was "intense". Finally its sort of over however still got "continuation".
Sep 26, 2023 8:11 AM
Aug 2018
For this whole season, the story was pretty poorly explained. Most episodes we have no idea what is happening or what Anos is doing. Which makes us not invested and not interested.
Sep 26, 2023 10:06 AM
Mar 2023
E um otimo anime porem a historia e muito confusa, personagens que interliga a historia um do outro que nao tem sentido.
Sep 27, 2023 3:52 AM

Oct 2008
waw! Anus i meant Anos is really terriyingly overwhelmingly stronk! but can Anos go toe to toe with Yuugiri?
5/5.

Sep 28, 2023 9:55 AM
Apr 2020
it was late but fabulous
Sep 29, 2023 8:32 AM

Jan 2017
Anos straight up refuse to be eradicated even when the world has been reduced to nothing, SASUGA ANOS-SAMA

I may need to rewatch part 1 of this second season to better understand the finer details of the rock paper scissor nature of Gods, Demons and Humans. But damn is that hook for Season 2 Part 2 so good
Sep 29, 2023 12:00 PM

Sep 2019
Can't dislike a happy end for all.
Oct 2, 2023 2:18 PM
Jul 2023
got pretty dry ngl
Oct 3, 2023 7:55 AM
Jan 2018
Interesting… thought Anos got rid of everyone that opposed him but it looks like a part of his memory is gone and there might be a higher being lurking within. Looking forward to season 3!
Oct 3, 2023 8:10 PM

Feb 2012
A big convoluted mess compared to season 1. Which made it harder to turn off my brain and just enjoy the stupid fun of Anos.

Misa's black hair form was WAY better imo.
LiquidGoldOct 3, 2023 8:42 PM
Oct 4, 2023 12:25 AM

Jul 2014
They resorted to the good ending which I really liked, I thought the Leno will never come back but the rewriting of the rumors and traditions was a smart move from Anos. I wonder why his memories became fuzzy and eventually forgot about the god destruction. Overall it was a better season than s1 for sure and actually underrated, Shin and Leno's story were so good. Im sure many people didnt get the story + the long delay, I think thats why it didnt get the recognition it deserves especially with this rating.

8/10. We definitely need a sequel
Oct 5, 2023 7:02 AM
Feb 2014
The anime Maou Gakuin no Fudekigousha: Shijou Saikyou no Maou no Shiso, Tensei shite Shison-tachi no Gakkou e Kayou II second season is over and it was very good. I hope the next season of this story series will be better than the previous season.
Oct 6, 2023 7:21 PM
Dec 2022
The finale! But it's not over yet. Order is supreme yet if only followed but Anos won't. There lies the weakness of the Order.

End of first split-cour. Hope won't have to wait long for the second split-cour. The end scene suggests there is some unfinished business.
Oct 7, 2023 7:44 AM
A sandwich

Jul 2020
Finally catching up to this after the delays, which got me to rewatch the entire season again and I gotta say, this is definitely not as hard as the first one.

Among the highlights of the previous one we have the sheer fact that Anos constantly demonstrated implcitly and directly why he is the Demon King of Tyranny. Flipping a castle like nothing, winning over relationship very easily, having a great chemistry with his parents, defying common sense, etc. This was mixed with good enough animation, an interesting yet sometimes hard to follow in lore fantasy setting and a mystery that caught our attention until the final episode. With this season things have changed.

Anos is still ludicrously string but he doesn't demonstrate it as much nor show off except for a couple of instances. There is way more focus on the lore aspect which relies on rumours and timelines that mustn't be disrrupted. In fact, there are so many names involved that it becomes misleading very easily. Furthermore, the focus on Misa and the romance between her parents is a shift that gives more depth to an otherwise not that noteworthy character and while it was decent and had an emotional conclusion it didn't wow me.

At the end of the day, I believe this season is good enough once you set aside expectations coming from the first one and pay attention to the dialogue without falling in the names trap. I wouldn't have enjoyed it as much I had to remember everything that happened so far every time. Also, I'm not sure how this is continuing considering that they could have just ended the series without the last scene but I guess there are things still to be told.
⠓⠥⠍⠁⠝⠊⠞⠽ ⠞⠓⠗⠕⠥⠛⠓ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠎⠞⠥⠏⠊⠙⠊⠞⠽⠂ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠺⠊⠇⠇ ⠎⠅⠊⠏ ⠺⠁⠎⠓⠊⠝⠛ ⠞⠓⠑⠊⠗ ⠓⠁⠝⠙⠎ ⠁⠝⠙ ⠑⠝⠙ ⠥⠏ ⠗⠥⠊⠝⠊⠝⠛ ⠊
⠞ ⠋⠕⠗ ⠑⠧⠑⠗⠽⠕⠝⠑
⠎⠓⠊⠊⠅⠕ ⠁⠕⠎⠕⠊⠂ ⠼⠃⠼⠚⠼⠁⠼⠓
Oct 8, 2023 10:13 PM
Apr 2023
This seaon's arc is like the entire Dark Souls series. Things are convoluted and I had to piece together the lore to make sense of everything - and that for me is why I like it.
I always saw this series as something that goes as it wants to go and I had fun seeing how things will go, even how much absurd it might be.
It had a crazy production cycle this time but it doesn't feel like anything was sacrificed.
Looking forward to continuation.
Oct 12, 2023 9:58 PM

May 2014
Well, the problem with season two were two things. The first was the change of the MC's voice actor. The second was the break/s in the broadcast of episodes.

However, after watching the last episode, I must admit it clearly. Season 2 surprisingly has a great overall build quality. The plot of the story is very well constructed. The OP & ED music is extremely enjoyable. The new voice actor does a great job and if you haven't watched the previous season for a long time, you don't really notice the difference. Many more praises can be written about it. I actually watched the whole season in one night and I could even give it a score 9/10.

In fact, I even have the impression that S2 was overall slightly better than S1, little more balanced or carefully made in every aspect.

I recommend this show and I think that the current rating of it on MAL is lowered due to the two things mentioned at the beginning of my post (where I was also one of this kind of people before watching the whole season).
BankaiGokuOct 12, 2023 10:23 PM
### ||| 私はアニメと日本文化が大好きです ||| ###"Kago-ni noru hito, katsugu hito, sono mata waraji-o tsukuru." ###
Oct 15, 2023 4:42 PM
Dec 2020
Well, finally completed this after the long break they had.
Well I guess it was a mid season overall, not that bad but not great either. I would have love to have real fights with Anos. The final fight was really lackluster imo
Oct 16, 2023 6:05 PM

Dec 2022
Really enjoyable season, even if it's for moderately different reasons than Season 1. The lower weighted score is puzzling. Was it the lengthy broadcast delays or Anos's seiyuu change?

Found the worldbuilding and antagonists noticeably improved this time around, and the latter were introduced for purposes besides being immediately knocked over like bowling pins, i.e. they have narrative significance. The experimentation with a few visual effects and filters were a pleasant surprise too. I'll admit that the pacing took a few episodes to settle down from its initial breakneck velocity, but it was mostly smooth sailing from there.

Shaded Horizon

Oct 17, 2023 10:00 PM

Oct 2008
Well this was quite a bit worse than season 1. Didn't really like that the focus was shifter away from Anos to some romance love story.
Oct 18, 2023 9:31 AM
Jul 2023
such a good anime.
Oct 18, 2023 11:47 PM

Apr 2011
Ah yes. Peace finally returned.

Looking forward to part 2, as we see it'll be about the goddess of creation.
Oct 20, 2023 6:30 PM

Feb 2014
Wtf have I watched lol This was like opening a book and read a random chapter xD

Sincerely, this season/story was a mess xD

I caught myself skipping some scenes here and there in the last episodes.

5/10

Of course this will have another season xD I will give it a chance but this time I wont think much if I feel like dropping.
TechOtakuOct 20, 2023 6:40 PM
Oct 29, 2023 1:53 AM
Mar 2019
Not justa harem anime. Has good story too.
Nov 10, 2023 11:34 AM
Jul 2018
Great ending, great season .9/10
I hope the next season will be better, I am excitedly waiting for Ahed Alobo Agats to appear
Nov 30, 2023 8:12 AM
Jun 2012
The animation of the OP is just good.

With this entire 1st cour of the second season .

Having a markedly improved, consistent, quality improvement.
In production, animation, setting, and acting. To the first season.

Also the "dot type printer" scene was actually a uniquely expressive way to handle that. Kudos to whoever greenlit it.

I look forward to the 2nd cour of the second season.
And the future seasons ahead of that. 👍
Dec 5, 2023 11:45 PM

Nov 2009
Even the absolute order FEARS Anos.

Not to mention Anos literally revived Lenos and Misa at same time, dude's too powerful, lol.

And that end of episode of season, I wonder if it was Anos himself that erased part of his own memory.

Guess it has something to do with that Goddess or whatever. Bet she's secretly Anos Waifu, LOL.
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
Dec 15, 2023 4:09 PM
Aug 2021
Story wise, I found myself far more invested in this season. Season 1’s story felt pretty typical and tropey (for the most part), but this season made me realize that the author’s actually putting in a lot of thought into how the magic and events all play out. Stuff that may have been “confusing” and seemingly pointless in the first few episodes ended up being important later on, which is not the type of writing I’d generally expect from a show like this. So that definitely gave me newfound appreciation for the series.

However, I will say that I thought this season was somewhat lacking in “Anos flexing his powers” moments, which season 1 had in abundance. Whereas season 2 seemed to place most of its focus on developing the story and other characters, only showing us some truly badass Anos moments towards the end. Which isn’t necessarily a bad approach, but I would like to see a better balance between those two aspects in the second cour.

But overall, still an awesome sequel imo, a 9/10 for me. I absolutely love this show, so I’m of course very excited for part 2
Jan 2, 4:31 AM
Mar 2021
sasdasdasdasdasdas
Jan 3, 2:50 AM
Aug 2022
so happy shin reunited with Reno.
Jan 3, 7:30 PM
Feb 2016
I expected the ending of this to be as bad as the first season, but at least they knew how to keep up with the ridiculous stuff happening, the plot still happens pretty quickly, but at least the remaining questions are answered and the other stuff that happened without explanation is not as critical as the first season.
Jan 4, 3:57 AM

Apr 2013
As for the rest of this show, I have no idea what happened in this episode. I'm just glad it ended.

So that was "2000 years ago - the animation". It felt very repetitive, with the antagonists coming back over and over and over again only to be destroyed by Anos every time. Then we had that jump back in time which was just incredibly boring. 2/10
Jan 4, 11:01 AM
Jul 2018
The best anime
10/10
Part 2 2024 🔥🔥🔥🔥
Jan 15, 4:16 PM

Mar 2021
Finally finished this show, and I liked it
Even if I was lost and didnt understood everything because of so much stuff and characters happening, no one dying at the end, thanks to Anos being so powerful !
But I always enjoy watching some God like fights and confrontation, the difference of strenght and power is insane to see, and with good animation too

And I thought it was the end, didnt expected a part2, so there's some other mystery or ennemi left
Feb 23, 11:46 PM

Jul 2013
I can't believe there's gonna be another sequel. S1 was better

Feb 25, 7:04 AM

Dec 2020
S1 was great for me. This fell short. Everyone went to the bench while they focused on the spirit arc leaving no growth. There was also too much happening too fast. Spirit this, reincarnation that, time travel this, gods yadda yadda.
Mar 4, 4:01 AM
Jul 2018
Waiting for the next season in April.
with a good ending and suspense with the incident of Anos losing his memory.

I hope it continues for several seasons in the future
Final rating 10/10🥰
Mar 11, 4:39 AM
Jul 2018
Good ending, waiting for the greatest Graham to appear.
Apr 1, 1:20 PM

Jun 2019
I finally caught up to it after a year or so. I'm looking forward to Part 2.
Apr 11, 3:26 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Lol i like how they killed Nosegalia here after all the talks of world destruction, simply changed him into a bug and spattered him hard. Based Erdomaid, a true great fan of Anos, only came here just to crushed the heavenly father god xd.

Well no worries about to save spirit waifu Reno and her pretty daughter, Misa. Anos once again did the impossibility, overwrite the stupid loophole called rumors and traditions, thanks to the human child, Igareth from 2000 years ago for spreading it wide, everything ended up in a good note.

The ceremony tho, its really just a formality lol with Misa there as a symbol of repentance Avos, making Anos thereby declared a decree among demons lived in Dilgrade. While Shin, as expected still stiff as ever, but manage a nice little conversation with her daughter. The end? Not yet.

Funny how Anos questioned his own action about the goddess of destruction. Thought its all a perfectly calculated moves coming from him alone. He's not that perfect, he's not remembering something, needs to visit another waifu-worth character to seek the answer. So, looks like there's something lingering hidden there, and that's where another complex plot of arc for the incoming season set in motion. Whatever...

Overall, this isn't difficult to follow. All as simple as your usual Anos doing Anos thing, and the plot just following his usual shenanigans till the end of series. And i truly can't see how people fail to just set your brain off and see how goat those voldigoat at.

Anus Pottycoal per ten.
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Apr 14, 8:00 PM

Mar 2021
finally got to get around to finishing this season.

While I never actually read the source material to this Franchise, something was fundamentally different between the 1st season and the 2nd season.

While I found this season still entertaining to watch for the most part, it was overly complex for the type of series it initially started off in 2020.

I almost felt like too much of the story completely revolved around the complicated mythology which was the least interesting thing I originally found entertaining about this Anime series. It's like some viewers would have to take notes just to keep up with what was actually going on to really understand some of the nuances around the rumors and traditions.

Ending with the whole thing about Anos losing his memory was not really that shocking either considering in the 1st season he already conceded he had a major loss in memory to many things.... So there were many inconsistencies that just didn't add up.

I will still check out part 2 when it releases but I kind of wish they would have kept the aesthetics the 1st season gave off to me.

ColourWheelApr 14, 8:07 PM
Apr 26, 1:29 PM
Jul 2022
Esse anime é horrível o MC se acha demais não tem graça assistir isso
Apr 27, 7:29 AM
Apr 2024
Pretty nice overall
May 16, 5:23 AM

Feb 2011
I still miss Anos' original VA. he was snarky and better

Misa and shin talking was a very nice end to the anime. not bad at all.

not as good as s1 tho. the shit with avos dilhevia was a bit convoluted, seems the author pulled a Tokyo ghoul where it diverted off of the main dish of the anime.

May 19, 11:11 AM
Jul 2019
Worst anime I've watched in years.

A huge step down from Season 1.

Incomprehensible writing, a silly plot, too many characters, most of whom I couldn't care less about, and just confusion from Ep 1 to the end.

Hopefully the next season will be better, as this was trash.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Maou Gakuin no Futekigousha: Shijou Saikyou no Maou no Shiso, Tensei shite Shison-tachi no Gakkou e Kayou II Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 28, 2023

104 by WienGirl »»
May 19, 8:51 AM

Poll: » Maou Gakuin no Futekigousha: Shijou Saikyou no Maou no Shiso, Tensei shite Shison-tachi no Gakkou e Kayou II Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 21, 2023

80 by WienGirl »»
May 19, 4:11 AM

Poll: » Maou Gakuin no Futekigousha: Shijou Saikyou no Maou no Shiso, Tensei shite Shison-tachi no Gakkou e Kayou II Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 2, 2023

91 by BertBert »»
May 5, 3:09 PM

Poll: » Maou Gakuin no Futekigousha: Shijou Saikyou no Maou no Shiso, Tensei shite Shison-tachi no Gakkou e Kayou II Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 16, 2023

49 by badabass »»
Apr 11, 8:58 AM

Poll: » Maou Gakuin no Futekigousha: Shijou Saikyou no Maou no Shiso, Tensei shite Shison-tachi no Gakkou e Kayou II Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 9, 2023

41 by badabass »»
Apr 11, 7:47 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.