Forum Settings
Forums

'Kaijuu 8-gou' Reveals Main Cast, Second Teaser Promo, Spring 2024 Premiere

New
Aug 5, 2023 7:56 AM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
The official website for the Kaijuu 8-gou (Kaiju No.8) television anime adaptation revealed the main cast and a second teaser promotional video on Saturday. The anime is scheduled to premiere in April 2024.

Cast
Kafka Hibino: Masaya Fukunishi (Tokyo Revengers: Seiya Kessen-hen)
Reno Ichikawa: Wataru Katou (Yuusha ga Shinda!)
Mina Ashiro: Asami Seto (Jujutsu Kaisen)

Production I.G is animating the series and animation studio Khara is credited for the kaijuu designs.

The anime adapts Naoya Matsumoto's action sci-fi manga which began serialization on the Shounen Jump+ website in July 2020. Shueisha shipped the tenth volume on August 4.

VIZ Media simultaneously publishes the manga in English and released the third volume on July 12. Manga Plus also simulpublishes it in multiple languages, including English, Spanish, Thai, Indonesian, Russian, and French.

Teaser PV 2

Source: Comic Natalie
DatRandomDudeAug 5, 2023 7:58 AM
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Aug 5, 2023 7:58 AM

Jan 2009
people complaining about the character designs will hopefully shut up now on how good the animation looks

simple character designs aka animation friendly designs helps animators draw fast and make more sakuga or good animation
Aug 5, 2023 8:08 AM

Sep 2020
Never dought Production IG
Aug 5, 2023 8:10 AM

Jan 2023
PV looks cool as hell, it reminds me of CSM for some reason.

Another one gets added to the PTW list haha, I'm excited for this one!
Aug 5, 2023 8:12 AM

Feb 2021
There are many negative reviews from manga readers. I guess that I won't watch it.
Aug 5, 2023 9:23 AM

Jan 2021
This looks so beautiful. A less talented studio would've made the kaiju CGI, but Production IG is the best studio in the industry, so of course they instead gave us this beauty. Gonna be the best animated shonen me thinks.
Aug 5, 2023 9:39 AM

Sep 2020
Memore said:
There are many negative reviews from manga readers. I guess that I won't watch it.
Ok that good to know lol 😂🤣🤣
Aug 5, 2023 10:06 AM

Feb 2021
ZXEAN said:
Memore said:
Ok that good to know lol 😂🤣🤣

I simply stated what other people wrote.
Aug 5, 2023 10:38 AM
Mar 2021
Memore said:
I always try to trust my own judgement and no others, so if it looks interesting enough to me, whether its good or bad, or whether I like it or not, I'll be the judge of that
Aug 5, 2023 10:45 AM

Feb 2021
missslauraa said:
Memore said:
I always try to trust my own judgement and no others, so if it looks interesting enough to me, whether its good or bad, or whether I like it or not, I'll be the judge of that

I agree with you, I read few chapters and don't like the manga.
Aug 5, 2023 10:45 AM

Jun 2014
I love the manga and the art style in the manga, I especially adore the character designs. Unfortunately the hacks in charge of producing the anime decided to spit in the face of the manga fans by completely butchering the human character designs, it's just sad. At this rate they were better off picking literally anyone else to be in charge of the designs smh.

It is what it is, I guess, if there are sequels for the anime they better fix these goddamn horrendous anime character designs. Anyways, I'll skip the anime and continue enjoying the manga.
:3
Aug 5, 2023 11:10 AM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
as a HUGE Kaijuu and Digimon fan.. im super hyped for this, looks awesome and the one girl looks like simp material
Aug 5, 2023 9:09 PM

Oct 2017
The PV looks so good.
Aug 6, 2023 1:19 AM
Jun 2021
deg said:
people complaining about the character designs will hopefully shut up now on how good the animation looks

simple character designs aka animation friendly designs helps animators draw fast and make more sakuga or good animation
Most definitely won't, since there's a huge difference between decreasing the amoung of lines in the character designs (ex. jjk s2, csm, hell's paradise and a lot more) and changing their faces in an almost unrecognizable way
Aug 6, 2023 1:20 AM

Jan 2009
strafe_gg said:
deg said:

Most definitely won't, since there's a huge difference between decreasing the amoung of lines in the character designs (ex. jjk s2, csm, hell's paradise and a lot more) and changing their faces in an almost unrecognizable way

did you see how expressive the animation is on the PV? its thanks to the simple character designs of it
Aug 6, 2023 1:24 AM
Jun 2021
deg said:
strafe_gg said:

did you see how expressive the animation is on the PV? its thanks to the simple character designs of it
Yes, I've seen it and it looks really good and I totally understand why there is the simplification in the first place. Though You didn't get what i had tried to say. They could've used the same amount of lines for their character designs without changing the shapes of their faces
Aug 6, 2023 1:30 AM

Jan 2009
strafe_gg said:
deg said:

Yes, I've seen it and it looks really good and I totally understand why there is the simplification in the first place. Though You didn't get what i had tried to say. They could've used the same amount of lines for their character designs without changing the shapes of their faces

youre being too unreasonable to the character designer and chief animation director here, the naruto faces is his character drawing style thats all, most animators have their own unique drawing style anyway

plus the naruto CD and CAD here is a legendary super animator so he can draw very fast so good for production schedule
Aug 6, 2023 1:34 AM
Jun 2021
deg said:
strafe_gg said:

youre being too unreasonable to the character designer and chief animation director here, the naruto faces is his character drawing style thats all, most animators have their own unique drawing style anyway

plus the naruto CD and CAD here is a legendary super animator so he can draw very fast so good for production schedule
Well, I mean I'm not trying to downplay their work. If it came about that way, that was not my intention. They still look good enough, though imo they're relatively inferior. But well, maybe changing faces will prove itself hugely beneficial in a long run. Guess we'll wait and see
Aug 6, 2023 2:30 AM

Sep 2020
strafe_gg said:
deg said:

Unrecognisable lol 🤣🤣🤣 They just simplify the art style to improve the animation. Seriously it's looks too good. I thought it's gonna be a CGI mess but Production IG being one of the best anime studio desided to give us 2D kaijuu.
Aug 6, 2023 2:32 AM

Sep 2020
alpha_shadow said:
I love the manga and the art style in the manga, I especially adore the character designs. Unfortunately the hacks in charge of producing the anime decided to spit in the face of the manga fans by completely butchering the human character designs, it's just sad. At this rate they were better off picking literally anyone else to be in charge of the designs smh.

It is what it is, I guess, if there are sequels for the anime they better fix these goddamn horrendous anime character designs. Anyways, I'll skip the anime and continue enjoying the manga.
Yes please skip the anime and keep enjoying the manga.
Aug 6, 2023 5:12 AM

May 2020
If only good animation could help the weak and cliche plot as well...

...though atleast I remember the start being decent enough, so there is something to look forward to.
Aug 6, 2023 6:42 AM

Jul 2021
Give less fuck about the character design but I wasn't so hook with the manga, hope the anime gives out a better experience
"......If I told you that I was a real witch, would you believe it?"

Aug 6, 2023 7:32 AM
Mar 2020
That was great animation. I was not expecting it to look good.
Aug 6, 2023 8:07 PM
Trickster

Jun 2011
As a manga reader since chapter 12, it warms my heart that we're already at the stage where there are people who hate it without even giving it a chance. Very excited to see this animated!
Aug 7, 2023 4:40 AM
Jan 2021
Wow, there's still people defending this trash?

Probably won't watch it, but it would be fun to see whether these staff can pull an actual story out of thin air and put it out alongside the pretty pictures.
Aug 7, 2023 8:44 PM

Aug 2010
I don't love the manga, but I could see this being a bit hit. We don't get too many kaiju anime, and the production values seem good (so far).
Bum Bum Dum Dum

Aug 14, 2023 4:12 AM
Aug 2023
I will be seated....
Aug 18, 2023 2:41 PM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
This trailer brought my excitement up again after the bad impressions I had early on with the lackluster character designs, in some shots here these look much better than that, and on others do not, but that will help with the animation fluidity and in high motion should be just fine.

OST seems like will be fitting to the show and deliver, from that last scene, faith restored for this adaptation.
Jan 3, 8:50 AM
Jul 2023
This show looks fire as shit The manga was good but hopefully they find a way to actually have new forms instead of just his base

More topics from this board

» 'Edens Zero' Manga Ends in Five Chapters

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

5 by CaptainKenshiro »»
13 minutes ago

» Smartphone Game 'Garena Free Fire' Gets Anime Project

Hyperion_PS - May 12

45 by nectror »»
3 hours ago

» Kinema Citrus Announces 'Sayonara Lara', 'Ninja Skooler' Original Anime

DatRandomDude - May 18

20 by IdaB »»
7 hours ago

» 'Diamond no Ace: Act II' TV Anime Sequel in Production

Vindstot - May 18

22 by Lili-chwaaan »»
9 hours ago

» TV Version of 'Dead Dead Demons Dededede Destruction' Anime Movie Announced

DatRandomDude - May 20

21 by eli_shmeli »»
11 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.