Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 22, 2023 7:58 AM

Nov 2011
Meh, this episode had its usual themes but Touya is still in the role as the main character who involved with marriage engagements. This time...Sue.

Out of the other female cast, I find her character kinda hard to like, especially her childish nature. And of course, she happens to like Touya because this is a harem and the plot demanded it.
May 22, 2023 10:38 AM
Aug 2021
As someone who read the novel of this show I have to be honest. The show cut like 80% part of the story til now and most of them are also important details which lead to the appearance of future characters. Ep.8 is no exception. It seems like this season is made to satisfy the wn reader but man the mecha is so shit. In the wn the detail is very gundam but now it's like some fatty old 90s mazinger+some zoomer mecha design.
May 22, 2023 11:20 AM

Jul 2017
The truth about the Linhea Kingdom with 2nd brother Prince Cloud's reveal, it's a race against time in which Sue is forced for a marriage engagement, which if Touya and the others don't act fast, it will be Prime Minister Wardack's win.

With the plan proposed to the Western nations, it's clear that Touya would be the one helming the coup d'état, but they must understand how Wardack and Cloud's older brother Zabune operate so as to devise that plan to save Cloud and his imprisoned mother. Even with Elze and Yae together, seeing Sue wearing an Enslavement Collar, it's a small issue with Touya's skills to get it out, and even then, raging war using his name is just ridiculous.

The plan commences, and though this is new to Cloud, both Elze and Yae have gotten used to Touya's smartphone antics by saving Cloud's mother Erya from the fortress. Marquis Koupe on the assistance of how to deal with Wardack and Zabune, and with the internal coup, Wardack's plan has definitely been pushed back for traitors trying to overthrow the royal family. Even more hilariously stupid, Touya's Gate could just relay information from one to the next instantaneously, removing the need for endless shmuck and speeding anticipation to put Wardack and those working with him to pieces, thanks to mere technology. And with that, the Linhea Kingdom is saved, and Sue needn't be sold away. +1 to the harem yet again.

For some reason, Touya's scene with Zabune on a side shot felt so off, and it's clear that the animation took a hit, but not like this show ever needed a clean sheet from the get-go.

Kinda of a stupid episode though.
May 22, 2023 11:54 AM

Jan 2023
Well, the tone of the episode was much more serious than what we got used to until now, but I still liked it.
I found the episode to be pretty well written, and got hooked onto that two princes intrigue.
If I had to find one flaw to that episode is that it did have very little humor, which is what I usually like about the series, but that's not bad to change the tone of the series for just one episode.
May 22, 2023 12:10 PM
Apr 2021
the animation is already dead, was here for the story but the pacing is too off and there is no major character development.
May 22, 2023 3:40 PM

Sep 2020
we need the touya evilmaxxing arc NOW
May 22, 2023 4:41 PM
Feb 2018
not a bad job although touya was much more hard-core shooting zabune in the kneecaps and through the hand in the light novel
May 22, 2023 7:31 PM
Nov 2022
Nerf Touya, pls.

Here the question is: who is the real womanizer? Touya or the prince they overthrew? xd

Good episode but I'm a bit disturbed by Sue, how come she's already thinking about getting married at that age? ._.
May 22, 2023 8:20 PM
Apr 2023
With the typical swift and accurate conflict resolution, Touya solved another issue in another kingdom. Things got pretty 'mature' as basically Touya was triggered so much with the villainous prince threatening to harm his women in retaliation - making him want to really off him right there. But yeah, they had to finish this in the most PG way possible.

But after all that, the main takeaway from all of this so far is that Touya's allies are now plenty, all of them totally trust in him and he now has more chances in going against the Phrases when the time comes.
May 22, 2023 8:56 PM
Mar 2022
They cutted an entire arc that was before the prince one, and also the tribe from the sea of trees, those are necessary for the story too, is there no news on why they did that? Its like a big chunk of the story taken out
May 22, 2023 9:34 PM

Feb 2021
The smartphone become invisible too XD
- Mal-Badge -

Level 25
Ranked 1135
Last update : 27.02.2022 at 05:50

My Candies :

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

May 23, 2023 12:02 AM

Apr 2017
Youta sure is a saint waiting for him to turn to 18yo before marrying them. Should have married all of them right then and there, so that he could enjoy the prime age of loli Sue UOOOOOOHHHHHH 
May 23, 2023 1:38 AM
Sep 2019
Is it just me or zabune voice actor is the same as kazuma from konosuba voice actor...
May 23, 2023 1:57 AM

Jan 2023
kaabb said:
Is it just me or zabune voice actor is the same as kazuma from konosuba voice actor...
It is! 
It was a bit hard to get the info but finally found it on anime news network: Jun Fukushima (va for kazuma satou) is indeed credited as zabune.
May 23, 2023 3:48 AM
Jan 2023
Yea these guys cut like 1.5 major arc worth of plot to the story. If they really skip some of my favorite additions to the story and ruin one of the better arcs imo, then this will officially rival the late 2000-early 2010 LN-adapted anime in terms of awful production jobs. In addition, they pretty much botched this arc with Zabune. Touya was far more sadistic and actually broke the guy's legs (I forgot what he actually did but he actually did shoot him in the novels, and prince Cloud got to beat on him). Here they just make him seem like an exaggerated cartoon prankster, which confirms to me the anime is being tailored for a much younger audience than I thought. I find this makes no sense since novels are usually marketed to older kids and adults who want a fantasy escape. Then again, he's an isekai protagonist that is younger than many others who were adults that have been reincarnated/summoned

The show does it's job for it's purposes, but man do I hate how adaptations basically mess with everything. If you understand what kind of show it is and the type of audience they're tailoring to, then it does just enough of what it needs to since most studios  don't care about pacing the story right anyway unless it's a popular one with a lot of production value and love given by the big wigs. I wouldn't recommend reading reviews and the like for this very reason that people don't understand not every anime is meant to be marketed to them. If they understand that certain shows are basically kid's programming, then obviously the show is going to be this type of cringe. I don't know why they proceed to watch, complain, and then analyze it's content and elements like the show was meant for their viewing expectations. Half the time, everything their talking about is not what the show is about or what they should be looking for in a show like this.
sjydude201May 23, 2023 3:51 AM
May 23, 2023 4:30 AM

Oct 2012
Is it me or Zabune have some similarities to Zanoba from Mushoku Tensei, is this a reference? xD
May 23, 2023 8:50 AM
Sep 2021
Touya single handedly defeated the evil prince and the prime minister and now he has also accepted Sue as his fiancé
May 23, 2023 8:26 PM
Sep 2021
NeoTheDegen said:
As someone who read the novel of this show I have to be honest. The show cut like 80% part of the story til now and most of them are also important details which lead to the appearance of future characters. Ep.8 is no exception. It seems like this season is made to satisfy the wn reader but man the mecha is so shit. In the wn the detail is very gundam but now it's like some fatty old 90s mazinger+some zoomer mecha design.

the WN isn't the source material
May 23, 2023 8:29 PM
Sep 2021
drunkedhusky24 said:
They cutted an entire arc that was before the prince one, and also the tribe from the sea of trees, those are necessary for the story too, is there no news on why they did that? Its like a big chunk of the story taken out

wait until you know how much Mushoku tensei cut about sylphy S1
May 24, 2023 7:17 AM

Oct 2017
Nice Sue's in the harem too now.
May 24, 2023 8:21 PM

Oct 2013
man this season sucks.
last seasons pacing was fine but this season feels like they wanted to go for a speedrun WR!

it feels like cliffsnotes the anime and they cut out so much good interesting content.
May 24, 2023 8:38 PM

May 2019
So the smartphone got used in this episode by Touya recording what the prime minister said regarding his son inheriting the crown (I'm a bit surprised that the prime minister didn't accuse Touya of being a witch or something but given the prime minister's circumstances he really couldn't say anything).

Hopefully the team gets back on track on with the frame gears and such after resolving the issues in Linhea.
May 26, 2023 5:53 AM

Dec 2022
so he managed to save another kingdom at this point why not just make him the hero
May 26, 2023 8:44 AM

Jan 2017
This is such a stupid and downright insulting arc to the viewers just so Sue can be another of Touya's brides.

Predictable twist, incompetent antagonists and the recycled to death uprising plot, cant the author try to be somewhat original
May 27, 2023 10:46 PM

May 2019
drunkedhusky24 said:

They cutted all that kinda filler arc of Ramish Teocracy.

Lol i was expecting that, since this Arc only worked for the Novel author to flex some controversy about religion and stuff, a bit out of tone for this 100% popcorn brainless isekai.
May 30, 2023 7:46 PM
Mar 2023
Tremendous NTR they put into the king, those 3 did not deserve a better fate than to be sold as slaves, but the really important thing here is: With so many wives, how long will Touya's wedding last? and not to mention where they are going to do it or the honeymoon XD
May 31, 2023 5:58 AM
Sep 2022
Me encanta el anime
Jun 25, 2023 1:55 PM

Sep 2012
Touya is just 2soft, cant say no lol
Jul 28, 2023 10:52 AM

Aug 2019
three girls left to marry
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 2, 2023 11:58 PM

Mar 2013
Great episode!
Even when all is said and done. I still like this series but tbh, the pacing looks fast enough to make me vomit. The SoL is missing... romance? Lovely scenes... (Up to this episode, we didn't get much fan service... 😶‍🌫️)

I stand corrected. The first season could be the only greater animation than this one but I'll wait for now...
CrazyButNot4UAug 3, 2023 12:12 AM
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Jan 30, 8:39 AM

Apr 2013
It's like this story was written by a 3 year old. The ugly people are evil, the handsome people are good, so easy.
Feb 3, 4:05 PM
May 2018
While I really like this anime, I gotta say it made me feel a bit sick when touya decided to engage with sue. I know it was common back in the medieval age that woman were married young, but engaging with a 12 year old girl is just wrong.
Otherwise, this anime is a nice, slow paced harem anime with an super nice mc.

More topics from this board

» needs a season 3

audac1ous - Jun 23, 2023

24 by Kaneki456 »»
Jul 24, 10:46 AM

» Abema rank 1st

KLA59 - Jun 1, 2023

17 by ejleon »»
Jul 14, 9:24 AM

Poll: » Isekai wa Smartphone to Tomo ni. 2 Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 19, 2023

72 by Edugamer2019ac »»
May 31, 9:04 AM

Poll: » Isekai wa Smartphone to Tomo ni. 2 Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 12, 2023

33 by PPAnimeWeeb »»
Feb 14, 7:07 AM

» why not take tsubaki Toya oh Toya

ZeroAXL - Jan 31

12 by _otaku_man00 »»
Jan 31, 11:08 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.