Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 19, 2023 4:58 AM

Nov 2011
Ryoma in that slime research mode lol

Well this episode had some lore I guess, given that the festival takes place because of the city's founding. Ryoma worked really had again and tbh, I think that's admirable. 
Feb 19, 2023 5:52 AM

Apr 2016
You can certainly say that this week's episode was full of strange smells ... Now, i know its kind of the point of this anime but, i'm also kind of getting lost in this nothing happening isekai life. Its all just work, and work, lol.
Feb 19, 2023 5:54 AM

Dec 2022
ryomas music item is being mass produced ryoma also has a lot of cleaner slimes now also what gift he will give elianna
Feb 19, 2023 6:29 AM

Jul 2017
Oh thank God, Eliaria finally moving out of the palace and into the capital, and it's customary to have a gift, but Ryoma hasn't the slightest idea in what would fit her...except if it is handmade, like customized soaps.

Ryoma seeking advice for the festival that Eliaria speaks of in her letters, and it's the Founding Festival to celebrate the town's founding. It's good that Ryoma's business is growing due to the multiplication of his slimes, but the non-contracted cleaner slimes grew incredibly within a short time-space due to the excess of deodorizing solutions, so this is an easy one to resolve, it's just a small business hiccup. Pioro's brother bringing in fermented "shappaya" fish, it's just another avenue where he can use the preserved fish to add value to his slimes, most particularly the newly created deodorant slime. Miyabi on her way to the capital to improve on her business foundations, Ryoma would just have to wait another time to meet her.

A heap of wheat and semesa sent their way from Jane's parents (though as a bribe) to ensure that their children are safe, it's worrying for leftover unsold stock that's a burden. But this is still business, and Ryoma wants to go through the proper channels to pay back to Jane. The music box project is coming along well, and while this would serve great publicity for sales, it's the travelling entertainers that they would play host to, staying next door of Ryoma's establishment. Never thought that shappaya and semesa would work well, albeit for the preserved dish having a distinctive taste coming from a part of the country.

The Founding Festival would help in Ryoma's business in advertisement, even when this is treated as an external affair. Regardless, it's fun for everyone, a stall is commissioned, and preparations are underway. Good to see the business thrive in the usual way, even in a fantasy world.
Feb 19, 2023 8:08 AM
Oct 2016
Ryoma learning about this town's festival is leading to some nice collaboration between all the laundromat employees. I liked the beginning of the episode with Ryoma making soap for Elia, trying to get her a gift. Using those new deodorant slimes to make soap sounds like a great idea. Maybe another thing the slimes produce that Ryoma can sell. Helping out with that smelly fish situation, those otherwise rancid smelling fish barrels that even monsters won't go near now can be transported without having to worry about the smell. Thanks to Ryoma and the deodorant slimes smelling solutions. It was nice of the parents of the girls working at the laundromat whom are from that village to send some food as thanks to Ryoma. Along with the smelly fish using those wheat and basically sesame to make some good food. I think its a nice idea for them to open a food stall at the upcoming town festival. Pay back the community for welcoming them with open arms.
Feb 19, 2023 9:30 AM

Mar 2013
I was actually worried when the Cleaner slimes will multiply as most of the other slimes already multiplied into hundreds of themselves... they finally made more Cleaner slimes in the story.

Ryoma can finally teleport to a far away place but they didn't show where he teleported to or was not given a scene where he popped-out from.
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Feb 19, 2023 10:19 AM

Jul 2022
You know, I just wasn't feelin' it this week. I guess the story moved along, we have progress (Eliana moving off to school, slime research, a touch of world building). I don't know what I'm looking for here, maybe more dramatic tension? I just sorta lost interest the last few minutes, like, things are just coasting along, no alarms, no surprises. The smell of the fermented fish seemed a bit synthetic/strained as an element of dramatic tension. Well, whatever. Everything doesn't have to be mind-blowing all of the time.

Like the first season, I really like the ending music. Catchy tune. 
Feb 19, 2023 11:29 AM

Feb 2019
xxxpdx said:
You know, I just wasn't feelin' it this week. I guess the story moved along, we have progress (Eliana moving off to school, slime research, a touch of world building). I don't know what I'm looking for here, maybe more dramatic tension? I just sorta lost interest the last few minutes, like, things are just coasting along, no alarms, no surprises. The smell of the fermented fish seemed a bit synthetic/strained as an element of dramatic tension. Well, whatever. Everything doesn't have to be mind-blowing all of the time.

Season in general just been ass man. I honestly dunno how it’s above a 7.
Feb 19, 2023 11:59 AM

Jul 2022
Marinate1016 said:
xxxpdx said:

Season in general just been ass man. I honestly dunno how it’s above a 7.

Maybe it's some inertia from the first season, which was no immaculate conception, but it did have some very compelling elements. Namely, the contrast between MC's previous life, which was absolutely shitty, and the fortunate nature of his current incarnation, for which he was consistently very thankful (to the gods and the people with whom he'd met). And sure, it's all fantasy, but the previous season had a very real grounding in that dark previous life (with which I'm sure many of us can identify), this season, it seems kind of aloof and wandering. I really want to like it, but having a hard time doing so.

Feb 19, 2023 2:44 PM

Feb 2019
so i guess next week we'll see their stall at the festival and meet the traveling bard and performers??? can't wait! :D
Feb 19, 2023 3:20 PM
Personified

Sep 2022
Its finally time for Eliaria and Miyabi to move to the capital for school. Ryouma struggling to decide on a gift for Eliaria ends up making homemade soaps with unique designs.

The founding festival is coming up but first trouble in the 2nd shop with the cleaner slimes multiplying at a quick rate. A quick fix is all that is needed, no issues. As he leaves he decides to say hi to Mr Pioro and Miyabi only to find out from her father that she is off to the capital as well. But Piolo has a problem, he has barrels of Shapaya which is fermented fish with a retched smell to go along with it. Using this opportunity Ryouma decides to conduct an experiment with the deodorant slime.

Back at the first shop Ryouma is greeted by bags of Wheat and Semesa sent from Jane's parents as a sort of bribe at first lol. Ryouma feels bad after hearing that the Semesa doesn't usually sell out, so he decides to pay her back in a way. It's just the type of guy Ryouma is. 

Now back to the music box project, Serge gives Ryouma a finished prototype which looks really good and considering the music is going to be played at the festival itself and the people performing the music are famous Bards including a very popular young male Bard. This is help boost the sales for sure.

The combination of Shapaya and Semesa works well enough for Callum to come up with the idea of selling it at their stall for the founding festival. Serving local cuisine to guests who are there for the performances. Everyone seems onboard with the idea and preparations begin.

We could see Elaria and Miyabi meet up next episode at the capital. If I remember Miyabi was told by Ryouma to befriend Eliaria or the other way around, I don't remember. But anyways seeya next week!!

Feb 19, 2023 6:38 PM

Feb 2022
The soap making part was cute, didn't seem that hard to make either seems like something else he could sell in his shop honestly. This show feels a tad random sometimes... now they're doing a food stall for a festival... I don't mind the relaxing bits but I do think this season is lacking compared to the first a bit.
Feb 20, 2023 3:14 AM
Mar 2022
Wasn't too bad of a filler episode, feels like we've had a lot though.
The festival most likely next episode should be interesting to watch, the traveling musicians seemed ominous somehow.
Feb 20, 2023 10:45 AM

Oct 2017
they are gonna open a stall at the festival, hope it goes well.
Feb 25, 2023 6:52 PM

Nov 2012
Here I was thinking he'd sell soap since his shop is a cleaners.  Or music boxes since he's the inventor. Food never crossed my mine. How stupid of me. lol
Mar 7, 2023 2:42 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
A stall for the festival can be very interesting hm
May 2, 1:18 AM
Dec 2022
Ryoma creates odor-eliminating slimes and products. Plus the shop is getting ready to do a stall at the upcoming Founding Festival.
Jun 4, 10:57 AM
Apr 2017
Very soft and relaxing.
Jun 11, 3:23 AM

Nov 2019
The cleaner slimes be procreating fastttt and with the researchers help at that.

Ryouma keeps doing favors for people that gets boring quick, when will he continue his adventure? Need more exploration instead of being tied down in town with menial daily tasks.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kami-tachi ni Hirowareta Otoko 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 26, 2023

52 by ST63LTH »»
Jun 11, 5:57 AM

Poll: » Kami-tachi ni Hirowareta Otoko 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 19, 2023

14 by ST63LTH »»
Jun 11, 4:36 AM

Poll: » Kami-tachi ni Hirowareta Otoko 2nd Season Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 12, 2023

12 by ST63LTH »»
Jun 11, 4:15 AM

Poll: » Kami-tachi ni Hirowareta Otoko 2nd Season Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 5, 2023

29 by ST63LTH »»
Jun 11, 3:48 AM

Poll: » Kami-tachi ni Hirowareta Otoko 2nd Season Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 26, 2023

15 by ST63LTH »»
Jun 11, 3:35 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.