Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jan 9, 2023 2:02 AM

May 2017
kornirac said:
Penlifter22 said:
recommended at 1.5x speed with indonesian subs, this show slaps
Gotta to agree with you buddy. She still killed the villagers dog though kinda wack if you ask me.
Damn fr tho, those villagers will be pissed when they find out
Jan 9, 2023 2:26 AM

May 2016
A unique Isekai anime, with the ability to travel back to her original world, i really liked her brother, since he was died not so long i guess, it would be interesting to see her brother also got Isekaid to another world like his sister, and since his sister can travel to multiple worlds, she could find him somewhere in those worlds.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 9, 2023 1:46 PM

Jun 2010
This series... glad to see FUNA sensei's work got another adaptation. The other series didn't turn out as good as it could be. This one seems to have started off quite decently. Noticed most of the studio involved had completely changed, so hopefully, that's a good thing. First episode really showed most of Mitsuha's personality, which is great so far. The pacing is also quite decent, so I am definitely expecting it to be nice.
Jan 9, 2023 1:54 PM
Sep 2020
sepand_y said:
It could be executed better but not that badly. I'll give it two more episodes to see if I will watch it to the end. Kinda boring though.

You won't be disappointed. It gets much more interesting, very quickly. Think of Ep1 as being all about scene setting. Some great Storylines ahead, and I hope they do Mitsuha justice as she is a great MC.
Jan 9, 2023 1:59 PM
Sep 2020
Jengamouse said:
I only made it 7 minutes into this show. I really can't put my finger on why but it's just incredibly boring.

I recommend giving it 3 episodes. The pace massively picks up after Ep1, and its got some brilliant storylines and Characters ahead. Sabine being the most notable.
Jan 9, 2023 7:40 PM
Feb 2019
good start, waiting for more
Jan 9, 2023 11:19 PM

Nov 2018
ngl that first scene where she's just walking through the grass for 8 days or whatever. That felt like it took forever. 

The other characters speaking a weird language was a nice touch. Definitely had to check my subs for a second.

I like the twist on the genre with being able to teleport back and forth. Can't wait for Mitsuha to sell iPhones or something woo

Op is a banger.

Excited for more!
Jan 10, 2023 2:38 AM

Apr 2019
Mitsuha is basically America Chavez, she can move through different worlds, her Onii chan is the best lol, I really thought her ability was that she can summon her Onii chan at will XD, poor girl lost everything and even failed her college entrance exams but I guess it wasn't for nothing for she got something far more better in return
Jan 10, 2023 4:50 AM
Sep 2015
The protagonist and locals not being able to understand each other at the beginning and the linguistic shenanagains that ensued were fun, and then the show had to go and ruin that by giving the protagonist a universal translator at the end of the episode. It got me excited for a potential aspect of the show being the protagonist learning to communicate with the locals learning to communicate with the protagonist. And then it took that away from me.

If you're gonna hand-wave it don't give my linguists' heart false hope.

Other than that, perfectly average episode. Won't be continuing it out of heartbreak.
Jan 10, 2023 6:29 AM
Oct 2019
Now this is an interesting Isekai.
I like the idea of going back and forth between world.

Jun Fukuyama is funny as always.

This is Stonk the Anime.
Jan 10, 2023 8:52 AM

May 2009
KANLen09 said:
Yet another reincarnation story, this time set to Medieval Europe, back and forth from Japan to make things unique.

Kaori Maeda's OP is decent.

18-year-old girl Mitsuha Yamano leads a normal life, from almost graduating from school to finding herself falling off from a cliff, seeing her untimely demise. Meeting people that don't know her language like this girl Colette, Mitsuha finds herself in another world and accustoming to the standards, just like how her older brother has taught her.

But of all things, getting chased by a pack of wolves isn't how she would want to die, and she gets teleported back to her real world to ready weapons thanks to her older brother to fend off the monsters. But the weird thing being the money god telling her that she can cross worlds with a vague explanation, it certainly sets alarm bells ringing.

With the money offset, and getting the idea that she can bring real money over to the other world, her life as an economist in another world is set in motion.

Certainly a weird notion for a typical Isekai reincarnation story, but give it sometime to set.

About what reincarnation are you talking about?
Penlifter22 said:

Don't be a brainlet, watch at normal speed.
Jan 10, 2023 10:09 AM

Sep 2020
Interesting premise, she can travel between two worlds, looking forward to how she makes money in the future with the girl!
Jan 10, 2023 2:07 PM
Feb 2021
I sympathized I would say
Jan 11, 2023 1:19 AM
Jul 2015
bastek66 said:
KANLen09 said:
Yet another reincarnation story, this time set to Medieval Europe, back and forth from Japan to make things unique.

Kaori Maeda's OP is decent.

18-year-old girl Mitsuha Yamano leads a normal life, from almost graduating from school to finding herself falling off from a cliff, seeing her untimely demise. Meeting people that don't know her language like this girl Colette, Mitsuha finds herself in another world and accustoming to the standards, just like how her older brother has taught her.

But of all things, getting chased by a pack of wolves isn't how she would want to die, and she gets teleported back to her real world to ready weapons thanks to her older brother to fend off the monsters. But the weird thing being the money god telling her that she can cross worlds with a vague explanation, it certainly sets alarm bells ringing.

With the money offset, and getting the idea that she can bring real money over to the other world, her life as an economist in another world is set in motion.

Certainly a weird notion for a typical Isekai reincarnation story, but give it sometime to set.

Penlifter22 said:

Bruh, i didn't even want to read your paragraph since this show dosen't even deserve so much reading. 1.5x speed is the way to go for easy stats
Jan 11, 2023 1:34 AM

May 2009
kornirac said:
bastek66 said:

Bruh, i didn't even want to read your paragraph since this show dosen't even deserve so much reading. 1.5x speed is the way to go for easy stats

If time is so precious to you why do you bother watching anime at all?
Jan 11, 2023 1:51 AM
Jul 2015
bastek66 said:
kornirac said:

Bastek more like BALEC
Jan 11, 2023 1:55 AM
Feb 2019
bastek66 said:
kornirac said:

Just 
bastek66 said:

Just gave the Indonesian subs a try, it wasn't so bad. The true experience really came in when I played the anime at 1.5x speed
Jan 11, 2023 1:56 AM
Jul 2015
KiFo said:
bastek66 said:

Just 
Just gave the Indonesian subs a try, it wasn't so bad. The true experience really came in when I played the anime at 1.5x speed
Got to agree, pretty sure the show is meant to be 1.5x speed, or else why would it be so boring
Jan 11, 2023 2:00 AM

May 2017
bastek66 said:
kornirac said:

Bruh you'd understand if you watched with indonesian subs, there's a completely different feel to the anime. Time is precious so its worth investing to watch at 1.5x speed, the inexistant comedy in the show becomes a comedic masterpiece, especially with the scene where the village wolves are running. 
Jan 11, 2023 4:56 AM
Jul 2012
A rational protagonist planning to fully exploit their ability to travel between worlds? I love those types of anime but are sadly outnumbered by all the "I'm God, here, have some OP magic skills" anime out there. I have high expectations for this anime, and don't think it will disappoint me, but we will see. I'm really looking forward to the next episode.
When people tell me to stream anime on CR instead of downloading from fansub sites.

Jan 11, 2023 1:52 PM

May 2015
Not bad. I like how she immediately jumped to the plan of saving money.

Her brother is dead, though? Seems like too much attention for a dead character (voiced by Fukuyama Jun no less!). Maybe he also isekied somewhere and Mitsuha will eventually find him?
Jan 12, 2023 12:45 PM
Feb 2015
When they talk about throwing you into the lion's den, it really felt that way from the start but if the lion's den was a cliff instead ahahahahhah
Jan 13, 2023 6:27 AM

Mar 2014
Hmmm I thought I gave this a chance but nah it's too boring
Jan 13, 2023 7:20 AM

Jun 2013
That was just boring
Jan 15, 2023 6:19 AM

Oct 2017
It would be good if they keep using the isekai language..

Jan 15, 2023 6:50 AM

Feb 2011
this show would be 10000x better without the "onii chan" moments where shes talking to herself or whatever.

The premise is great, it's executed well, that one thing is just a huge pimple on an otherwise good show.

5/10

Jan 15, 2023 1:17 PM
Jan 2023
Personally, I didn't like Yamano Mitsuha (the MC) much ever since seeing her in the manga and novels. Maybe it is just my personal preference. The beginning of the story is actually pretty good, Besides some dialogue issues and some smaller details. I also like most of the support characters in this story a lot as well. Sadly just not the future Mitsuha.
After certain point, the whole story is pretty much all downhill for me from there. I Just hope that doesn't happen with anime version as it did in the manga. (Just my opinion tho...) But I still liking the beginning of the story very much.
Jan 15, 2023 1:20 PM
Jan 2023
Jengamouse said:
I only made it 7 minutes into this show. I really can't put my finger on why but it's just incredibly boring.

I see your point, the feeling is mutual lol
Jan 17, 2023 7:19 AM

Oct 2017
Okay first episode, was a bit boring at first but let's see if it gets better.
Jan 17, 2023 11:46 AM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
Mitsuha's funny asf, she has armed herself with a variety of weapons, she can jump between worlds (at will??!!), and she's here to make a fat stack of cash. I'm in.

NYANPASU
5700XT

Jan 17, 2023 9:33 PM

Nov 2009
Interesting Isekai...

It's like a alternative version of "Isekai Restaurant" but you get to go through the door and travel and explore between it, LOL

Also, looks like her Onii-chan knows about Isekai and is explaining it, LOL.

(and not only that, but Onii-chan gives quite a lot of advice huh)

___ ___ ___

Interesting Isekai Language there

LOL @ "Colette *point*. Mitsuha *point*. Colette *point*"

Also, I sure do hope the "bathroom" was really a "bathroom"... otherwise our MC just took a shit in some random building...

And... "Mom Strip, Mom Strip, Mom Nude" "That's one sexy mom" LOOOL

Then she gets chased by wolves and almost "died again", but teleported back to Earth by thinking of "Onii-chan"

And then goes ahead and looted Onii-chan's room, LOL (holy shit tho, this Onii-chan is decked out, he plays air-soft, and is a gamer and possible bookworm...)

And then she kills the wolf... RIP wolfy... and Mitsuha comes back covered in blood while still holding a knife... psycho vibes.

Then it was revealed she gained the world traveling power cause of a... Lucky Cat, lol (it's true form isn't revealed as a pure energy being)

What's interesting is... this pure energy being while denies about being a God... can grant god like powers and gave Mitsuha the ability to understand languages.

___ ___ ___

And with great power, comes with great Merchanting?

LOL, time to use stuff unique to one world to make cash in the other world.

(and apparently it's all taught by "Onii-chan"... this dude should just become an influencer, lol)

I wonder tho... will she tell her Onii-chan about this?
amlgJan 17, 2023 10:01 PM
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
Jan 18, 2023 4:37 AM

Aug 2014
If she can switch world.. why even bother... 
Check My AnimeList (or click my signature)
My Main Genres: Adventure, Action, Fantasy
My Sub Genres: Slice of Life, Comedy, H&E

Check My Profile, my ranking
What I Watch This Season
Best Character & WAIFU This Season
Best OP/ED Song This Season
Feb 22, 2023 3:15 PM
Oct 2019
not much of an attachment to the mc yet, and don't particularly care about weebo brother
Feb 25, 2023 7:18 AM
Jul 2011
definitely a relief from usual isekai troupe
Mar 1, 2023 7:02 AM

Oct 2007
the first episode feels bland..

but I'll give it two more episodes, before deciding to drop or continue.
Mar 1, 2023 9:09 PM

Jan 2023
Another princess, another nobles, another money. I hope the first girl won't be forgotten so easily.
Mar 2, 2023 4:02 AM
Nov 2018
You notice when the writers have given some thought to an isekai. This is one of them. Rather than just being transported and given superpowers, this is rather unique, being able to move back and forth. And have the goal of making money from the opportunity, which is what people would want rather than set out to battle monsters.

Very interesting!
Mar 12, 2023 5:33 AM

Nov 2013
Damn, such a tragic backstory. Having lost entire family...

And wtf? Are we going to ignore how she was thrown off the cliff? Hopefully those bastards will be prosecuted.

Traveling between worlds any time seems like a pretty OP power. Especially if the other world is underdeveloped and can be exploited with modern tech lol.
Mar 24, 2023 9:51 AM
Jan 2018
Think it would have been more interesting if she has to learn the language
Apr 6, 2023 10:44 AM

Sep 2012
this reminds me of that anime where MC has online store as a skill LOL

that was more broken lol
Apr 30, 2023 12:32 PM

Jan 2023
Definitely not a bad ability, and the goal of the main character also deserves respect.
Jun 18, 2023 6:03 AM

Feb 2023
Wow, this was boring :(

She had the same flashback 3 times. It's not even one of those otaku goes to another world animes, the otaku is her inner oniisan every time.

skyUFO said:
I'd have preferred if they let the isekai language stay, would've been great to go along with her learning their language and trade alongside that. But I guess they're only making these way-too-easy-to-get-into anime series only nowadays.

Yeah, it was kind of pointless that she gained isekai powers, but not the isekai power of understanding another language, only to ask for it and get it in the first episode.
LoliSenpai0x said:
A unique Isekai anime, with the ability to travel back to her original world

Alfredo-Sauce said:
Interesting concept within the isekai universe, to be able to travel back and fourth between a medieval-style world and the modern world.

I think Iseleve does it better. https://myanimelist.net/anime/52830/Isekai_de_Cheat_Skill_wo_Te_ni_Shita_Ore_wa_Genjitsu_Sekai_wo_mo_Musou_Suru__Level_Up_wa_Jinsei_wo_Kaeta
May 4, 4:10 AM

Nov 2019
I smell a tycoon in the making! I like the fact that the deceased brother has a place in the narration which is a decent touch.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Use of her power in fights

JTK45 - Aug 12, 2023

12 by ariel_nugie »»
May 11, 5:49 AM

Poll: » Rougo ni Sonaete Isekai de 8-manmai no Kinka wo Tamemasu Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 25, 2023

81 by ST63LTH »»
May 6, 3:08 AM

Poll: » Rougo ni Sonaete Isekai de 8-manmai no Kinka wo Tamemasu Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 18, 2023

56 by ST63LTH »»
May 6, 2:35 AM

Poll: » Rougo ni Sonaete Isekai de 8-manmai no Kinka wo Tamemasu Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 28, 2023

56 by White_Alice »»
Mar 4, 2:41 AM

Poll: » Rougo ni Sonaete Isekai de 8-manmai no Kinka wo Tamemasu Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 11, 2023

62 by RGreatDanton »»
Feb 12, 9:18 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.