Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 3, 2010 11:28 AM

Mar 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Great episode and further proof that the current precure can't hold a candle to Moonlight. Yuri was pretty much hanging with Dark Precure without transforming.
May 3, 2010 12:37 PM

Mar 2008
A great episode indeed, with interesting story development. But i get the feeling Sabaaku is Yuri's father, since Dark Precure said to her "You're me". I suppose he made a replacement when he switched to the dark side...
May 3, 2010 1:02 PM

Sep 2008
Fuck, awesome shit is awesome
who the hell can expect one mahou shoujo title will have better fight scene than mostly shit out there ?
May 3, 2010 1:51 PM

Dec 2006
akuma2002 said:
A great episode indeed, with interesting story development. But i get the feeling Sabaaku is Yuri's father, since Dark Precure said to her "You're me". I suppose he made a replacement when he switched to the dark side...

The moment she said it, that is exactly what went through my head.

I like seeing the girls get tossed around XD

May 4, 2010 12:38 PM
Mar 2010
Is it me or just my imagination because i swear that the guy that keeps helping them looks like that presidents brother. maybe thats why he is sick because of the heart tree?

May 4, 2010 1:40 PM

Mar 2010

Agreed :D

Great episode. And what was with the giant dandelion tree? At first I though Tsubomi was actually looking at a flower, until I got another view, and I realized it was a tree-thingy.
Jul 2, 2010 6:12 PM

Apr 2010
Wow, great episode, I didn't think an episode was like this would happen this soon, but I"m glad it did.
Feb 23, 2011 9:46 PM

Sep 2008
Sabaaku is Yuri's dad.
It feels like something the anime would throw at us...
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 29, 2013 6:19 AM

Dec 2010
I think Sabaaku is Yuri's dad too since t dad left and hasn't return. I also think the fabulous guy is definitely the student president's brother too.

This episode had nice fight scenes. Go go precure! They are so cute.
Sep 3, 2016 2:47 AM

Jun 2014
Cure Moonlight is pretty badass even without her powers. It was nice to learn more about her.
The fights this episode were very good.
Fablous guy showed up again and was able to keep up with Dark Precure at least for a short time.
Overall a great episode.
Mar 7, 2017 12:26 AM

Nov 2011
Wait, what? I was not expecting such a blockbuster of an episode already, especially since we already got a pretty plot-heavy episode so recently. Wow. That confirmed a lot of suspicions and added some really interesting developments on top of some of the best fight scenes in the series thus far. That last one in particular was short, fast, and brutal.

And here I was thinking it would be a low-key episode that would at most go for some drama surrounding Yuri. Hah.

That's a lot to process.

I had already suspected that Yuri knew Tsubomi's grandmother since Chypre and Coffret were previously Yuri's fairies, and Coupe was their predecessor. She's a surprisingly serious person; the implications Tsubomi's grandmother is making might mean she wasn't always that way, though.

I had forgotten she was the one friend Momoka had.

The whole duality thing with Dark Precure and Yuri was unexpected and a bit confounding. I'm really curious how that was brought about by the leader of the Desert Apostles.

As for the mysterious man, there still haven't been many hints as to his actual identity, but I have pieces of a theory now. I'm starting to wonder if he's an analogue to the Desert Apostles' leader somehow like how Dark Precure is with Cure Moonlight. I'm almost certain that he has something to do with Yuri's father, in any case.

I'm looking forward to future developments.
TripleSRankApr 9, 2017 8:04 AM
May 22, 2017 6:53 AM
Sep 2015
This episode is why this season is the best in the whole Precure franchise.
Feb 21, 2019 12:14 AM

Mar 2017
Dang, what a great plot-centered episode! The Precure's sure got lucky, Dark Precure is really freaking strong. The fight was awesome, even if it was over quickly. This show is really addicting!
Nov 5, 2019 4:10 AM

May 2016
Great episode and further proof that the current precure can't hold a candle to Moonlight. Yuri was pretty much hanging with Dark Precure without transforming.
May 28, 2020 12:07 AM

Jan 2009
im sure Cure Moonlight will fight again but wtf who is that guy that keeps saving them anyway
May 12, 2021 4:59 AM
Dec 2020
Now I'm beginning to understand why this season is so loved by the Precure Fandom. This episode was really good.
May 15, 2021 3:31 PM

Feb 2020
Dark Pretty Cure is very strong. She won't go down easily.

SerafosMay 27, 11:11 PM
May 16, 2021 10:43 PM

Jan 2010
Heartcatch kicks ass, I'm not sure what else to say. Between Yuri dashing through the Desertrians and fending them off in her civilian form, and the Precures fight against the Dark Precure, this show is just a feast for action and slightly dark magical girl stories. I like that as a Precure show, it never goes full dark, still retaining that sense of optimism and charm. As a result, it maintains the right amount of seriousness to keep things interesting, but always veers back into its kid-friendly aesthetic -- the core aesthetic of the franchise. Heartcatch knows its identity, but since the series has existed for a few years by the time Heartcatch was created, it's able to create legacy characters an experiment with its own in-universe rules.
May 19, 2021 3:14 PM

Aug 2017
The evil Professor sounds kinda like Jouji Nakata, but apparently it's not him!

Not too much of a revelation about Dark Precure (maybe she isn't even the primary antagonist and a possible future ally?) and Cure Moonlight (their faces looked so damn similar!) but still nice. I guess the fabulous guy is Koupe-sama (who else?)
Jun 14, 2021 9:00 AM
Feb 2018
While its pretty cool Yuri is holding herself in a fight, I feel like it doesn't make any sense. Even without transforming she seems super strong and fast. Maybe not Cure level but still beyond what most humans are capable of. I don't think civilian forms are supposed to have any of the Cure's power?

I know who that mystery man is, but I'm surprised he doesn't join fights more.

Also why did Sabaku call Dark Cure off? Wasn't the whole purpose of sending her out to defeat all the Cures?
CWCJun 14, 2021 9:06 AM
Feb 13, 9:55 PM

Dec 2022
Moonlight is all screwed up man it's bad! her mojo is all gone!

More topics from this board

Poll: » Heartcatch Precure! Episode 49 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Gar_Logan - Jan 30, 2011

50 by gannoncannon55 »»
Feb 19, 10:30 PM

Poll: » Heartcatch Precure! Episode 48 Discussion

ShiroiRyu - Jan 24, 2011

23 by gannoncannon55 »»
Feb 19, 9:59 PM

Poll: » Heartcatch Precure! Episode 47 Discussion

ShiroiRyu - Jan 17, 2011

16 by gannoncannon55 »»
Feb 19, 9:28 PM

Poll: » Heartcatch Precure! Episode 46 Discussion

ShiroiRyu - Jan 10, 2011

16 by gannoncannon55 »»
Feb 19, 9:01 PM

Poll: » Heartcatch Precure! Episode 45 Discussion

ShiroiRyu - Dec 29, 2010

16 by gannoncannon55 »»
Feb 19, 12:21 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.