Forums
New
Pages (68) « First ... « 66 67 [68]
Apr 26, 2022 8:05 AM
A sandwich

Jul 2020
ColCasey said:
rasterman7 said:
Sooooo, don't know if anyone has asked this before but when will we get the badges for the event?

It will probably take some time but as soon as they have gone through the answers I'm guessing
Yeah I hope so. Until then I'm doubting if I didn't screw up on the form.
⠓⠥⠍⠁⠝⠊⠞⠽ ⠞⠓⠗⠕⠥⠛⠓ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠎⠞⠥⠏⠊⠙⠊⠞⠽⠂ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠺⠊⠇⠇ ⠎⠅⠊⠏ ⠺⠁⠎⠓⠊⠝⠛ ⠞⠓⠑⠊⠗ ⠓⠁⠝⠙⠎ ⠁⠝⠙ ⠑⠝⠙ ⠥⠏ ⠗⠥⠊⠝⠊⠝⠛ ⠊
⠞ ⠋⠕⠗ ⠑⠧⠑⠗⠽⠕⠝⠑
⠎⠓⠊⠊⠅⠕ ⠁⠕⠎⠕⠊⠂ ⠼⠃⠼⠚⠼⠁⠼⠓
Apr 26, 2022 9:28 AM
Lead Admin
Faerie Queen

Aug 2007
A big thank you to everyone who participated in our 9th Easter Hunt. Next year is the big 1-0!! Unfortunately, with all of the dev that was released just before Easter, I didn't have enough time to consider searching inside the app, but maybe next year it will be a reality~ Easter is one of my favourite events, so the massive boost in participation made me so happy. Thank you to everyone who is excited to play each and every year, I love seeing you all agonize over the route :ohohoho:.

Please don't forget to thank our event staff! Snow, tingy, Aiimee, Denji, firefractal, Phloup and stinghy, did almost all of the hint creating and chick/egg shopping, and also helped a majority of you out on Discord. My role is essentially ringmaster and route planter, the rest of the event goes all to them!

First Detectives: Easy
Here is everyone who completed the easy hunt in under 3.5 hours:
  •  1:28:24 @Kiev
  •  1:28:27 @Uchuuu
  •  1:29:29 @coffeedrops
  •  1:44:23 @SkootleSkittle
  •  2:54:26 nagamori89
  •  2:54:47 Rarity
  •  3:12:10 serfe, Christopherer
  •  3:25:45 Wswsasd, HandleMyCandle
  •  3:29:31 SubHumanTrash
  •  3:29:59 Prowl, ScarredSceptile
 Full Ranking Here!

First Detectives: Hard
Here is everyone who completed the hard hunt in under 11 hours:
  •  5:02:23 Kiev
  •  5:05:16 coffeedrops
  •  5:07:33 Uchuuu
  •  5:10:41 SkootleSkittle
  •  7:22:25 @UnDream
  •  9:44:16 @Timcampy118
  •  9:54:19 @Treeky_
  •  10:35:43 Wswsasd, HandleMyCandle
  •  10:51:12 ZecKers
  •  10:58:57 Pefistep
 Full Ranking Here!

Annual Stats
 2,706 (↑2,251) players finished the event (Is this the power of badges?!)
 869 (↑702) players finished both easy and hard routes

2,426 (↑1,983) players completed the easy route
 486 (↑305) groups/players finished within the first 24 hours
 2:33 (↑1:18) average solve time of top 10 groups/players (See, we were nicer this year :nkopout:)

1,149 (↑1,017) players completed the hard route
 155 (↑81) groups/players finished within the first 24 hours
 7:59 (↓1:52) average solve time of top 10 groups/players (Oops was I too evil? :teehee:)

9x Players: @Protopred
 8x Players: @LordAura, @Kimura, @zan1231 (↓1)
 7x Players: AbnerA, Annick, Dunno21, JLGames, MiniJusta, ZecKers (--)
 6x Players: 28 total (↓2)
 5x Players: 42 total (↓7)
 4x Players: 51 total (↓11)
 3x Players: 92 total (↓15)
 2x Players: 109 total (↓81)
 1x Players: 2,374 total (↑2,178)

Full Annual Stats Here!
 If you've changed your username, let me know and I'll update the sheet.

Hunt Walkthrough
For those of you who didn't get a chance to participate but would like to see the route(s), we'll leave it up for another day:

Final Thoughts
  1. DuckDuckGo has really degraded... man. I think maybe we'll stop suggesting it for next year. We tried to incorporate more of MAL's search into the hunt this year, but it's difficult to do so without either making it too easy (just the title as the hint) or unclear of when to use MAL vs Google. For example, the original hint for Line Offline was just 🌚 and searching "Moon" in character search would have brought it up.
  2. We've been trying to keep with focused themes (e.g. Workplace) because the year we did Summer, there were tons of complaints :'D Are you guys still liking the focused themes?
  3. Generally, we try not to re-use anime/manga that we used in previous years. Maybe we should make a site-official interest stack so this is clear?
  4. I've kind of given up on white text (one of my favourite tricks) with dark themes >_> But in general, I worry if you guys all getting bored of my hint-hiding tricks? I keep trying to find new things (I know the club ID trick was a bit malicious, sorry lol), but for experienced players I wonder if it isn't fun anymore...
  5. Favourite hints, hiding spots and/or eggs/chicks?
  6. Hated hints, hiding spots and/or eggs/chicks?
  7. Anything else you'd like to see done differently to make the event better or to spice things up?
  8. Theme requests?

Hope to see you all next year! And don't forget to mark your Calendars for MALoween! October 21~23ish!

Badges will be given out in 24~48 hours.
KinetaApr 26, 2022 11:20 AM
Apr 26, 2022 9:46 AM
Dragon Idol

May 2017
I said it before at least thrice, but I really enjoyed the ramune hint. It got a laugh out of me.

Worst hint... probably the ones where you had to stretch so much it didn't feel like a hint anymore and you just had to be "in the know" (like the VA->club one, the one with the song (which spoiled wonder egg priority apparently) and the daifuku one, there's undoubtedly more but these stuck). I hated the eggs that were hidden in places you could only see with MS paint and inverse colors (Link Click anyone??).

I thought the moon thing was a poisoned cookie and I didn't get what it was supposed to be until I found the cover for Line Offline and saw OH IT'S A MOON, RIGHT.

My favorite part of the event wasn't even the hint solving, it was the (mostly) pleasant atmosphere in the thread where various help givings were underway. It was fun to be a part of that.
Idk if I correctly filled it out but we'll see in 48 hours!

Apr 26, 2022 9:48 AM
a lil bean ✨

Feb 2011
(Is this the power of badges?!)

Evil badges are powerful.

We've been trying to keep with focused themes (e.g. Workplace) because the year we did Summer, there were tons of complaints :'D Are you guys still liking the focused themes?

Well, those do help in getting a better idea of where to go / what to follow

Generally, we try not to re-use anime/manga that we used in previous years. Maybe we should make a site-official interest stack so this is clear?

Please do +1

Easter Hunt focused club when? xD (like the malloween one)
SheyCroixApr 26, 2022 10:21 AM

HiScoreLoScoreAuction

Turn-InsAWCc

ᓚᘏᗢ

Apr 26, 2022 9:52 AM

Jul 2020
It was my first time doing Easter hunt and I quite enjoyed it. Looking forward to move events in the future cuz I need more badges.

2,312 (↑1,857) players finished the event (Is this the power of badges?!)

Oh, not at all, it's not even the tip of the iceberg. The power of badges are far beyond this and can be surpassed by nothing other than more better badges.
Legends_of_animeApr 26, 2022 9:55 AM

AniList x Spotify x Instagram
“Whether we die or not, isn't really that big a deal." — Suzuya Juuzou
Apr 26, 2022 10:00 AM

Dec 2013
Ranacchi said:
I said it before at least thrice, but I really enjoyed the ramune hint. It got a laugh out of me.

Worst hint... probably the ones where you had to stretch so much it didn't feel like a hint anymore and you just had to be "in the know" (like the VA->club one, the one with the song (which spoiled wonder egg priority apparently) and the daifuku one, there's undoubtedly more but these stuck). I hated the eggs that were hidden in places you could only see with MS paint and inverse colors (Link Click anyone??).

I thought the moon thing was a poisoned cookie and I didn't get what it was supposed to be until I found the cover for Line Offline and saw OH IT'S A MOON, RIGHT.

My favorite part of the event wasn't even the hint solving, it was the (mostly) pleasant atmosphere in the thread where various help givings were underway. It was fun to be a part of that.
Idk if I correctly filled it out but we'll see in 48 hours!

Totally on the same note.

It did spoil Wonder Egg Priority for me D:

I want to forget it and watch it without anything in my memory.

I only considered doing this event because of Badges :D

SheyCroix said:
Easter Club focused club
:D Easter Hunt Club* maybe?

Creating Interest Stacks, that relate to anime and manga used for this and past events, isn't a silly idea.
But it would be better if each year gets separate Stack
GreenAngel333Apr 26, 2022 10:06 AM
Apr 26, 2022 10:02 AM
Jun 2015
I feel like focused themes can work, but not for all themes. Summer felt too vague with its theme, but workplace is almost too focused. Difficult to explain why and I would like another year with a focused theme, coming back to it with my theme requests.

For the not re-using anime/manga, maybe set a year limit on it? Once a certain amount of years has passed, it is good to be used again if it fits the theme. This allows players that hasn't been playing each year to have a shot at finiding an egg in their favorite series instead of it being impossible.
So that is why there was so little white text. I really like the white text hints. I find the white text hints to be the most fun hint, and I know about it so well that I always get a sense of happiness when my Ctrl + A works for finiding the hint.

I really liked hint 15 for the easy route as I just began laughing when I saw the little rabbit. Fun and simple hint for the easy route really is nice. I also like how hint 4 on hard was hidden, with me finding another source for the name and literally comparing the names to find the hint. Hint 7 hiding in an image was also good. I like the image hints. While hard hint 5 was hidden in the most evil way (I had italian disabled), I still managed to find it after a while.

Getting to the hints I hate... Easy 14. Definitively the worst one. The fact that if I use all three parts of the hint, it makes it impossible to find, but if I remove one of the parts I do find it. Yea, not a fun hint. Spent too much time on it, and would have finished at least 1 hour 30 minutes earlier had it not been for that one hint.

I do wish that the method for finding the club in Hard hint 5 stays. We now know that it is a possible way to find a club, meaning it will be easier in the next years to make use of it.

For theme requests, I will continue my asking of Heaven/Hell and still include Science. Science might be a bit too focused as I learned this year, but who knows? it might work out well.
There is no signature
Apr 26, 2022 10:06 AM

Jun 2020
I loved my first time participating. Big props to all who put their valuable time in to organize this event! And yes, the power of badges is insane!

『歌』
◁  ❚❚  ▷
‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‏‏‎ ‎
Apr 26, 2022 10:08 AM

May 2020
I didn't expect that I'd have completed within 19 hours. I thought it would be 2-3 days or something. Anyway, there goes my first time.
Apr 26, 2022 10:09 AM

Jul 2012
I gave up on hard route around egg 4 but yeah, no way I was actually gonna finish it by looking at the walkthrough. Even searching the hints on DDG/GOO provided in the walkthrough doesn't show me any good results. Does regional differences affect the search?

As for the easy route I really enjoyed it, I loved the ramune hint and the natto cola one :D Will definitely play easy route again!
SamiiApr 26, 2022 10:17 AM
Apr 26, 2022 10:13 AM

Dec 2013
ScarredSceptile said:

I do wish that the method for finding the club in Hard hint 5 stays. We now know that it is a possible way to find a club, meaning it will be easier in the next years to make use of it.

Not sure if you are more wrong or evil :D

Don't listen to him. Could have hinted, that it has anything to do with the club somewhere.
Apr 26, 2022 10:24 AM
a lil bean ✨

Feb 2011
GreenAngel333 said:
SheyCroix said:
Easter Club focused club
:D Easter Hunt Club* maybe?

Totally. Big oops there. Thanks~

HiScoreLoScoreAuction

Turn-InsAWCc

ᓚᘏᗢ

Apr 26, 2022 10:36 AM
꧁ marr

Sep 2014
My only complaint was the Italian VA one where you had to just guess you should put the birthday in the club ID.

Was the hint for that actually changed? If it actually said home club it was a good hint! Maybe I just read it as hometown when I “complained” about it on the hints channel for it!

LIFE IS CRAZY AND SO ARE YOU
♫♫♫

Apr 26, 2022 10:40 AM

Sep 2017
Easy route was fun! Got it done on a slow workday with a friend just because we wanted that badge. Some show choices were really fun, like Case Files of Jeweler Richard being used was great for me because I had literally just seen the episode referred to the night before hard mode dropped. And some of the manga choices were good, like Secret xxx and Kitchen Princess being ones I've already read. I was afraid going in that it would be very shounen focused or "well everyone's seen this show from 2007 except you so we'll use it" but there was a good variety of genres imo. And i got friends to add stuff I like to their list this way

I did give up like halfway thru hard mode just bc finals didn't give me time and easy mode was hard enough for me
Apr 26, 2022 11:07 AM

Apr 2016
1. See, I think I stopped using DDG years ago because Google was getting better at this stuff. Any issues I had with stuff came from my inability to piece things together. I did look through all of IDOLISH7 and Inazuma Eleven because of mochi. Likewise, the Line Offline part was just impossible to search for on Google without some knowledge of what you're looking at.

2. Focused themes are helpful to narrow things down. If I remember right, the summer theme wasn't too bad for me? There are some devilish eggs every year but I never seemed to care about the overall theme of the hunt. You can go more broad and it wouldn't matter to me imo.

3. :) I already gave my thoughts on this in Discord.

4. I'll have you know I was disappointed in the lack of white text. I highlighted everything expecting one! That and the fake studio or character entries. Those were always fun to look at in the past. And making forum posts about how this show is amazing only for it to be taken down by a MAL forum mod.

But yes, it's still fun. Will be back next year in hopes for a results mention... again...

5. I liked the Yesterday and Tuesday hints. I thought those were pretty clever. Though anything I have seen before was easy to find so I liked those too :)

6. Egg 17... I spent two hours looking everywhere for that egg. Mochi....

7. I noticed a few things like Kineta not being a club owner for the hint this time which I thought was good. Gotta keep the club lurkers out of the Easter hints! But, there's nothing drastic about the change that I don't like or think could be better. I get some good recommendations, I continue to learn that I can't put two obvious things together under pressure, etc... it's still just as entertaining to do as the past few years, I'm happy to do more.

8. As much as it was a pain as a tangent...

This is a signature. It is used to hold images and words. However, I am using it to store these lines your reading right now!
Apr 26, 2022 11:22 AM

Jul 2017
Kineta said:
A big thank you to everyone who participated in our 9th Easter Hunt.

BIG thanks to all the staff. We are looking forward to participate in more events!!
𝐿𝒾𝒻𝑒 𝒾𝓈 𝒿𝓊𝓈𝓉 𝒶 𝓂𝑒𝓂𝑜𝓇𝓎
ㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤ𝐿𝒾𝒻𝑒 𝒾𝓈 𝒿𝓊𝓈𝓉 𝒶 𝓂𝑒𝓂𝑜𝓇𝓎
ㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤ𝐿𝒾𝒻𝑒 𝒾𝓈 𝒿𝓊𝓈𝓉 𝒶 𝓂𝑒𝓂𝑜𝓇𝓎 (ᐢ..ᐢ)
ㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤ »[𝒥𝓊𝓈𝓉 𝒶 𝓂𝑒𝓂𝑜𝓇𝓎]«
Apr 26, 2022 12:01 PM
Oct 2019
Kineta said:
A big thank you to everyone who participated in our 9th Easter Hunt. Next year is the big 1-0!! Unfortunately, with all of the dev that was released just before Easter, I didn't have enough time to consider searching inside the app, but maybe next year it will be a reality~ Easter is one of my favourite events, so the massive boost in participation made me so happy. Thank you to everyone who is excited to play each and every year, I love seeing you all agonize over the route :ohohoho:.

Please don't forget to thank our event staff! Snow, tingy, Aiimee, Denji, firefractal, Phloup and stinghy, did almost all of the hint creating and chick/egg shopping, and also helped a majority of you out on Discord. My role is essentially ringmaster and route planter, the rest of the event goes all to them!

First Detectives: Easy
Here is everyone who completed the easy hunt in under 3.5 hours:
  •  1:28:24 @Kiev
  •  1:28:27 @Uchuuu
  •  1:29:29 @coffeedrops
  •  1:44:23 @SkootleSkittle
  •  2:54:26 nagamori89
  •  2:54:47 Rarity
  •  3:12:10 serfe, Christopherer
  •  3:25:45 Wswsasd, HandleMyCandle
  •  3:29:31 SubHumanTrash
  •  3:29:59 Prowl, ScarredSceptile
 Full Ranking Here!

First Detectives: Hard
Here is everyone who completed the hard hunt in under 11 hours:
  •  5:02:23 Kiev
  •  5:05:16 coffeedrops
  •  5:07:33 Uchuuu
  •  5:10:41 SkootleSkittle
  •  7:22:25 @UnDream
  •  9:44:16 @Timcampy118
  •  9:54:19 @Treeky_
  •  10:35:43 Wswsasd, HandleMyCandle
  •  10:51:12 ZecKers
  •  10:58:57 Pefistep
 Full Ranking Here!

Annual Stats
 2,706 (↑2,251) players finished the event (Is this the power of badges?!)
 869 (↑702) players finished both easy and hard routes

2,426 (↑1,983) players completed the easy route
 486 (↑305) groups/players finished within the first 24 hours
 2:33 (↑1:18) average solve time of top 10 groups/players (See, we were nicer this year :nkopout:)

1,149 (↑1,017) players completed the hard route
 155 (↑81) groups/players finished within the first 24 hours
 7:59 (↓1:52) average solve time of top 10 groups/players (Oops was I too evil? :teehee:)

9x Players: @Protopred
 8x Players: @LordAura, @Kimura, @zan1231 (↓1)
 7x Players: AbnerA, Annick, Dunno21, JLGames, MiniJusta, ZecKers (--)
 6x Players: 28 total (↓2)
 5x Players: 42 total (↓7)
 4x Players: 51 total (↓11)
 3x Players: 92 total (↓15)
 2x Players: 109 total (↓81)
 1x Players: 2,374 total (↑2,178)

Full Annual Stats Here!
 If you've changed your username, let me know and I'll update the sheet.

Hunt Walkthrough
For those of you who didn't get a chance to participate but would like to see the route(s), we'll leave it up for another day:

Final Thoughts
  1. DuckDuckGo has really degraded... man. I think maybe we'll stop suggesting it for next year. We tried to incorporate more of MAL's search into the hunt this year, but it's difficult to do so without either making it too easy (just the title as the hint) or unclear of when to use MAL vs Google. For example, the original hint for Line Offline was just 🌚 and searching "Moon" in character search would have brought it up.
  2. We've been trying to keep with focused themes (e.g. Workplace) because the year we did Summer, there were tons of complaints :'D Are you guys still liking the focused themes?
  3. Generally, we try not to re-use anime/manga that we used in previous years. Maybe we should make a site-official interest stack so this is clear?
  4. I've kind of given up on white text (one of my favourite tricks) with dark themes >_> But in general, I worry if you guys all getting bored of my hint-hiding tricks? I keep trying to find new things (I know the club ID trick was a bit malicious, sorry lol), but for experienced players I wonder if it isn't fun anymore...
  7. Anything else you'd like to see done differently to make the event better or to spice things up?
  8. Theme requests?

Hope to see you all next year! And don't forget to mark your Calendars for MALoween! October 21~23ish!

Badges will be given out in 24~48 hours.

Thank you so much for the event! It was so fun! ^o^/

This is my first Easter hunt, so I only took the easy route tehehe

I've joined MAL for some time now, but I've never joined any events.. I was either too busy working or rarely checking MAL homepage.

I got "help" for some hints, by reading this thread.. So I could finish it within 6-7 hours (but I was late to notice the event, I started the hunt on April 18th)--thank you, kind members!

I'd love to participate in future events~~

Once again, thank you to all staff members who have made this event possible ^~^/
Apr 26, 2022 12:31 PM
Jan 2017
I absolutely loved a few hints, like the doctor ramune, owl latte, cat making biscuits and cute bunnies. And yes, the badges are wayyyy too cute to not have! Hints which were fun for me were imgur, white text, scrambled eggs, emojis.

Hints which were horrible was the maid club and eggs/chicks hidden in evil locations.
Some eggs/chicks were not at all visible even with zoom and became grainy/blurry and still couldn't be stopped. The apostrophe was also confusing, since I was trying to imagine it's the letter "C" or it's a comma.

Idea to spice it up: Including hints in a video uploaded on imgur or youtube(where cats/bunnies were)
Theme Requests: Maid/Butler/Detective/Isekai

A big thanks to all the people(mostly staff) who helped me on discord whenever I got stuck!

Apr 26, 2022 12:55 PM

Sep 2013

As always it is really fun :), glad to see more people participated. Did better time wise, but placed worse on the hard route if I had started earlier I might have been on first 10??? One can only dream XD

This time it is searious, I'll go back to anime, this year it is ... f rl.
1. I think it really is hard because it's not only the problem with duckduckgo, with google if you are from a diferent region or from another language different results come out when looking for thing (this yeas waaaay many lewds jajaja)

2. I like themes but maybe they should be a little less broad, since like summer, workplace could be anywhere, as basically most animes have a working person.

3. I've been out of touch so not sure about that stack thing, but maybe explicitly putting a list of already used entries might make it easier (?), not sure if other might like it, also since iirc even if the anime has been used the manga is still available

4. No more white text? Wohoo, freedom. I like the hidint places and type of hints (except for invisible hints >.>) but I think it is a nice idea to look for new tyes of hints, since people that have been participarting for a while might already know them.

5. I liked the easy route since I knew most of the entries jajaja, but I think my favourites were the 14 and 16, the 14 was good since it could easily miss lead you, eg I wasted some time looking on the ansatsu kyoushitsu one since there is a florist shinigami, and 16 similar reason with me looking on umaru-chan since her brother is an office worker. Also loved/hated hard hint 11

6. Any white hint >:( but aside from that i think hard 16 gave different translations to different persons, mine had nothing to do with the hint but luckyly I undertand romangi so had no troble but for people that haven't studied japanese that one might have been harder, I didn;t disliked hint 5 hard as much as other, at least not like hint 4 hard, since I never found anything with the meltdown clue, but might have been my search engine which I also blame on regards hint 6 hard.

7. I understand the purpose of the event going from 1 weekend to a whole week, but maybe have something special for just the weekend? like now that there are badges, have a special one for the ones that finish on the weekend like it used to be?

8. Mandatory Mahou Shoujo request, one day, I know, one day
"It is absurd to divide people into good and bad. People are either charming or tedious."
FAL SPRING 2019 Rank 650 FAL FALL 2019 Rank 136
Apr 26, 2022 1:03 PM

Jun 2017
I found my name in the easy and hard sheet, but I couldn't find my name in the annual stats
Apr 26, 2022 1:57 PM

Feb 2018
Another wonderful easter even has come to the end!
Thank you so much to you Snow 🥚 tingy 🐣 Aiimee 🐥 Denji 🐣 firefractal 🥚 Phloup 🐣 stinghy and Kineta 🐥
✨✨✨💖💖💖

It was lots of fun again to search for the hints and then to struggle over and over again on thinking what it could mean 👀

Thank you for finding a place for the cup bunnies, always cute to see them again 😊😊😊

I don't know why but the hidden messages or links are the most fun to search for all the time, I know they are a bit tricky to find, but if you find these sneaky messages it's always so fun 😀
Most others might hate it, but what about not white colored text in totally normal looking colored textboxes, or messages in link tips (these messages you only see when hovering over links), or broken links because they are either only text, or lead to a page which just searches for the text (which then wouldn't give you the result until you rephrase it) 👀
(maybe I'm just loving evilly hidden hints, tehe 😉)

And I kind of don't share the intention of DDG not being useful, I only did easy, but there it always brought me some useful content.
Also it directly has the option to jump to the mal search with "!mal bunny" or "!malall egg", which made searching in MAL plenty fast as well without dropping the same starting point 🙂

As well, I love the themed easter hunts! It makes it really hard sometimes off course if you don't really watch that kind of theme 🙈
(the new stacks feature even might to lead to a lot of great theme ideas! Would be totally down for a fluffy overload theme though ✨, but might limit some pretty much, or am I just in need for more stuff to experience 👀)

Overall another really great event, thank you once again to everybody helping (also the helpers in Discord off course!) ✨✨✨
Apr 26, 2022 2:02 PM
Lead Admin
Faerie Queen

Aug 2007
ThiagoIanuch said:
I found my name in the easy and hard sheet, but I couldn't find my name in the annual stats
Google seems to be choking on all the data. I refreshed the pivot table and you appeared like normal :/
Apr 26, 2022 2:14 PM

Jun 2017
ThiagoIanuch said:
Google seems to be choking on all the data. I refreshed the pivot table and you appeared like normal :/

Sorry, I refreshed the page now and was able to find my name in the sheet.
Apr 26, 2022 10:37 PM
Jul 2021
"You are having fun, right?~"
- Said Kineta -
Apr 27, 2022 1:04 AM

Mar 2011
@Kineta The Schoolclub Showcase Challenge will be much easier, then as I completed one of the Series long ago. :-3
Apr 27, 2022 1:16 AM

Sep 2019
Big thank you to you all! It was super fun! I made both routes! :) It was so fun time.

Now my answers:

1. DUCKDUCKGO - I can't say anything about DuckDuckGo 'cause I used Google and it worked well.

2. FOCUSED THEMES - Focused themes are really good. I really hope that they will stay because they little bit help you finding the right anime/manga/etc. And to me these both routes felt super hard.. so please! Focused themes have to stay! :D

3. STACK ABOUT RE-USING - I would really appreciate it and I think that others would too.

4. HIDING SPOTS - Well I think I can't say anything to that because this was my first time playing ever these kind of events. To me those hides felt hard so I don't feel that they make me bored or something. Yes maybe to people who have played these for long time but I don't think that it is nice to make those harder because there is always new players also. :)

5. FAV HINTS/EGGS/HIDING SPOTS - Well I really liked that you always found the egg/chick from the last pic/last pic of character. It made it little bit easier because I went through many series when finding those eggs/chicks. It would have been nightmare if the letter would been hiding in any picture! Especially because the letters were hard to see! :D I liked all of the hints/hiding spots and this was super fun. But maybe the best thing was the cute GIF's and videos. And the one page was fun where you had to press the ''spoiler'' button and there came more and more buttons. :D LOL

6. HATED HINTS/ETC. - I don't have. Many of them were kinda too hard but that's only ''bad'' thing to say. :)

Then I don't have anything else to say. Well again BIG THANK YOU! :) That's all. :)

As a theme idea I have horror theme. But I am sure we will see it on MALoween? ;)
Apr 27, 2022 1:19 AM

Dec 2013
Happosama said:
@Kineta The Schoolclub Showcase Challenge will be much easier, then as I completed one of the Series long ago. :-3

1 anime needed only count after you press restack first, so it doesn't matter, if you have seen anything, as long as there is still something you can see.
Apr 27, 2022 7:54 AM
Jan 2018
Thank you for the wonderful event and to all that helped.

For the past few months I've felt like partaking in anime themed events instead of just watching it all the time and finding out the MAL does this events has been a blessing. Maybe one day I'll help in organising one of the events :D.

Not gonna lie, it definitely is an incentive but even if there was nothing to gain out of it, I'd still praticipate.

DuckDuckGo has really degraded... man.

Never used duck duck go up until now and it felt like it worked here and there but then other times it sucked. For example with the latte owl when I added anime before it nothing realted to the answer came up but then I saw someone in discord put myanimelist after owl and the answer came up. It was mildy infuritating.

We've been trying to keep with focused themes (e.g. Workplace) because the year we did Summer, there were tons of complaints :'D Are you guys still liking the focused themes?

Even though I read the set up for the event, I did not really take noticed that it was primarily workplace themed. Looking back on it, I can see it now but next time I'll be sure to take note of it.

I've kind of given up on white text

After seeing this trick on the easy route, I was basically highlighting the entire page on each subsequent egg as if I had developed schizophrenia. I was delighted when it showed up again in the hard route. Being new to the easter egg hunt, it is a fun trick but I can imagine it would get annoying to experienced players.

Hated hints, hiding spots and/or eggs/chicks?

Eggs weren't too bad. That might have been due to me doing a project for 2 days with no sleep then deciding to the hard route with a friend and any time we looked for an anime I found it in miliseconds. I was told I had "crackhead energy".

Hints though could have been easier. Half of them I needed more hints from the discord because the amount of jumping jacks you had to do to get the answer was mad. The scrambled egg song comes to mind or translating the name for a voice actor.

Anything else you'd like to see done differently to make the event better or to spice things up?

I mean this is kind of far out and haven't given too much thought but if the hint is on the videos page. Don't have the next hint underneath the video but rather have it in it. Obviously don't have the video really long or have it really hard to spot the hint because people will get annoyed but yeah something on those lines.

Theme requests?

Mecha!!!

Apr 27, 2022 9:57 AM
Jan 2020
Thank you for the badge! My least favorite hint was probably the vacation meltdown one (I have no idea how I was supposed to connect that to oishinbo) but I quite liked the photo studio hint, using Google translate was pretty creative!
Apr 27, 2022 1:00 PM

May 2018
I completed both routes but I got the easy route badge?
Each audible scrape of the toothbrush, every frothing of paste in her mouth, began to feel less like cleaning Karen's teeth and more like polishing my own soul.

Apr 27, 2022 1:18 PM

Dec 2013
TimeWaster00 said:
I completed both routes but I got the easy route badge?

well you are on the ranking, so it seems like a small mistake, that will be corrected, now that you mentioned it.
Apr 30, 2022 6:32 AM
Jul 2018
it was definitely power of badge
id have given up way earlier if not for the cute chicky
Apr 30, 2022 7:18 AM

Sep 2016
Kineta said:

1. DuckDuckGo
It worked alright, but I used Google more.

2. Focused themes
As a new player it took a while to notice, this can be fun, but doesn't seem necessary.

3. Not re-using anime/manga from previous years
I think it would definitely be fine to re-use anime as long as the hints are new!

4. Are you guys all getting bored of my hint-hiding tricks?
As a new player, definitely not bored. All of them felt inventive and fun, but I guess people who have done this before have seen most of the tricks already.

Pink Devil -> Green Newbie was one of my favorites, and some simpler ones like the ramune doctor image. I think more images in general would be fun (but more work for you guys). I actually liked that there were things hidden with white text, but I guess it just breaks with themes/dark mode. I liked the long name with hidden words as well. Second and fourth tuesday was brilliant too.

I had trouble with "Kyoto Kagai" on the easy route. It didn't strike me as a weird name at all and even when I gave it a shot and found the right anime, the chick/letter was so well hidden in his hair that I failed to find it multiple times.
For hard it was definitely the "Italian VA" Nakagawa, Akiko with a "Homeclub" where you needed to use her birthday numbers for the club URL, but we write dates differently in Sweden and it didn't occur to me not to put a zero on the month and still put a zero on the day, so that was super hard until I read some hints on the Discord.

Honestly, probably make an even easier easy version for beginners with an even more clear instructional video since it was very hard to get started (but super fun once you got into it), otherwise I don't think it needs to be spiced up a ton, it was super fun.
Maybe you could do like the valentines event and let users suggest their own clever hints and puzzles and use the best suggestions so you don't have to come up with everything by yourselves.

8. Theme requests?
Maybe a theme where many of the hints are related to animals? Themes are fun but not necessary imo, they might just be too limiting.

Thanks a bunch for hosting such a great event!
ZackoApr 30, 2022 7:26 AM
Apr 30, 2022 3:30 PM

May 2016
That was fun, thanks for the event <3
I'll try to beat my time next year
Pages (68) « First ... « 66 67 [68]

More topics from this board

» Related Anime/Manga Section Changes ( 1 2 )

Kineta - May 23

97 by RobbiRobb »»
1 hour ago

» MAL Game "Fantasy Anime League" Opens for Spring 2024 ( 1 2 3 )

Kineta - Mar 17

145 by Vulpix98 »»
4 hours ago

» [Challenge] You Should Read This Manga 2024 ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Kineta - Feb 23

246 by tingy »»
5 hours ago

» Favorites Boosting Accounts: Ranking Recalculations ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kineta - May 6, 2021

404 by bastek66 »»
Yesterday, 7:41 PM

» Planned 3hr Maintenance, Wednesday May 29 @ 1am-4am PT

Kineta - May 26

0 by Kineta »»
May 26, 3:57 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.