Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]
Jan 31, 2022 8:53 AM

Feb 2008
I will be 32 this year and I don't feel too old for anime at all. I enjoy it and that's what matters and that is what should matter for everyone. Everything else is unhealthy imho.
Also a lot of manga/anime is made for adults and not really for the eyes or minds of kids.
Jan 31, 2022 8:59 AM

Dec 2015
I wiil be 28 in 4 months and I don't care about it. Anime is for everyone.
Jan 31, 2022 9:30 AM

Nov 2007
Your tastes will change over time - mine certainly have, and as such I don't watch nearly as much anime as I used to and I'm not as interested in the same stuff any longer.

That said, something like watching anime obviously doesn't have a cut-off point as far as it pertains to age - and hey, as long as you're enjoying it, who cares what anyone else thinks?

Jan 31, 2022 9:35 AM

Dec 2016
Never too old for anime!! I'm 19. My mom looked over two weeks ago at my screen and was like "Wow, are you still watching cartoons at that age?" People just don't get it's a form of entertainment like everything else, but they don't have to. Don't be ashamed and live your life and do what makes you happy no matter how old you are :)
Jan 31, 2022 10:24 AM

Nov 2019
PocariSweet said:
Sorry I’m new to MAL and don’t know where to post this or how to make a better poll.

My friend said being 22 is too old for watching anime? How old are you guys right now? Maybe knowing it can give me some kind of closure.

My father watch anime and Its obviously more older than your friend. Its just like watching films or tv series nothing to be ashamed.
Jan 31, 2022 10:30 AM

Apr 2020
29 here & I've been watching since 10. Never too old, it's just like any other hobby. I will say the older you get life tends to get in the way somewhat, but you can still watch here & there.
“You flounder through life, struggling desperately so you won't drown, even though you would float if you'd just relax.”
Jan 31, 2022 11:05 AM

Feb 2020
Over 600 people in this thread alone are 23 or older. In fact, judging from this poll, over half of the people here are legal adults.

No one is too old for anime.
Rest in Piece, Miura.
https://i.imgur.com/HzfqYqS.png

Jan 31, 2022 11:08 AM

Nov 2017
PocariSweet said:
Sorry I’m new to MAL and don’t know where to post this or how to make a better poll.

My friend said being 22 is too old for watching anime? How old are you guys right now? Maybe knowing it can give me some kind of closure.

If it makes u feel better my step-dad is around 38 and he watches anime.
"he has it big as a cactus
but he won't let go of my head
and I puke on his cock bitch" - Boy by Fishball 
Jan 31, 2022 11:58 AM

Aug 2017
Kanedgy_ said:
Over 600 people in this thread alone are 23 or older. In fact, judging from this poll, over half of the people here are legal adults.

No one is too old for anime.

Even the poll has 16, 17 and 18 in the same option, ignoring the fact 18 is already legal while 17 and 16 no in most cases lol. So the number of legal adults can be a bit higher.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Jan 31, 2022 12:07 PM
Skill issue

Apr 2020
You're never too old to watch anime, if you really love it then age isn't a problem

Forum set by Nateh

Jan 31, 2022 12:10 PM

Jun 2008
I will be 31 this year and I think I am never too old to watch anime. You like what you like and if you enjoy it till you die go for it! Just don't let others change your interests and opinions ;).
Jan 31, 2022 12:13 PM
May 2021

In 3 more technical years, I will officially be half a century old.

I'm almost 50 and I still watch anime.

Call it what you want, if people want to discriminate, f 'em.

Just know that anime has something for everybody, regardless of age.

Jan 31, 2022 12:17 PM
Sep 2020
I'm 33 however I love anime on every level so fuck anybody that says I am to old.

Its a beautiful piece of art work (music, animation, style, acting the lot) age doesn't come into the enjoyment of it at all!
Jan 31, 2022 12:17 PM
Sep 2020
I'm 33 however I love anime on every level so fuck anybody that says I am to old.

Its a beautiful piece of art work (music, animation, style, acting the lot) age doesn't come into the enjoyment of it at all!
Jan 31, 2022 12:21 PM

Feb 2010
I'm 32 and animation and comics are still my passion and probably will remain so until I die. I also work in a comic book store and the vast majority of our customers are adults as well, many being 50+ years old.

Your friends take on this is very
a ) conservative/puritanian (The energy I'm getting is this: "Adults can't have fun with fiction cause fun and fiction are childish things, real adults only watch the news and read about the stockmarket, everything else is for losers")
and b) ignorant (there's a lot of animation and comics that are only for adults, the market has been there for decades so it's nothing weird or new at all. Not to mention that a lot of stuff from those mediums is more mature than a lot of other stuff that is 'acceptable' for adults to watch, like Reality TV or Talk Shows. If you ask me it's much weirder and more or a Red Flag if an adult enjoys that kind of stuff than anime or the likes.
I probably regret this post by now.
Jan 31, 2022 12:25 PM

Sep 2021
You are never too old to watch anime.
Jan 31, 2022 12:27 PM

Apr 2020
theres 40 y/0s here still jerking to highschool anime i think ur fine
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 31, 2022 12:30 PM
Oct 2017
you arent too old to watch anime. you become "too old" when you stop watching anime
Jan 31, 2022 12:59 PM

Apr 2015
I hope to become a gramps and still watch anime and all weird stuff that Japan has.
Jan 31, 2022 2:01 PM
Jan 2019
What your friend told you is stupid (no offence). There's no age limit for anime, there are anime for kids and adults, so that literally makes no sense.
Jan 31, 2022 2:24 PM

Jun 2015
ahh immature 20s, tryna be all hard and grown up. you will regret it soon enough.
Jan 31, 2022 2:26 PM

Jun 2015
watch all the bullshit edgy battle shonen now.

soon you will grow tired of that shit and settle for cozy shit like yuru camp and then fall asleep to it.
Jan 31, 2022 4:38 PM

Jan 2020
thats kinda stupid of what your friend said considering it seems as if the are grouping EVERY anime.
I can agree youre a bit old for something like Crayon Shinchan but theres stuff perfect your demographic

Long story short: nobody is too old to watch anime, ignore your friend and watch some shows!
Jan 31, 2022 6:23 PM

Jul 2013
I would say hobby was pretty niche up until a couple years ago just because distribution methods weren't really there, consumers hadn't really discovered the medium, and it was still not the most popular hobby to have since the audience was so young. Now you have a generation that was raised on it becoming adults, getting married, that will likely raise their kids on it seeing it as more normal. Distribution has become easier with larger corporations taking notice of the popularity of the industry, more consumers are jumping into the medium continuously as they discover it through the internet and streaming. What was once a very niche hobby is becoming much more acceptable and known. I only see a lot of people who enjoyed the hobby either sticking with it as they get older or at least being accepting of it and newer fans pouring in. OP's friend sounds like a hold out from the age of "you're too old to watch cartoons" times and he just needs to grow up. A hobby is a hobby and any hobby can be considered childish to someone who doesn't enjoy it or has no interest in learning about it, name any hobby.

Long story short: You're never too old to enjoy what you like, believing you're too old is childish.
Jan 31, 2022 6:50 PM

Jun 2017
you can never be to old for anime, people who say that are looking down on anime
have a nice day โค
Jan 31, 2022 7:20 PM

Dec 2012
Anime is entire medium for all ages that consists of multiple formats including television shows, theatrical films, and direct to video releases in numerous different genres. They make entire demographics of anime and manga for adults called Seinen (for men) and Jousei (for women), so, no, you can watch anime at any age.

I'm 40 this year.
"The name's Gambit. Remember it."
-Gambit "X-Men '97"

Jan 31, 2022 8:26 PM

Feb 2021
Nah bro there's no age for anime. There's a user Oldasdirt who's apparently 65+ yrs old and still watches anime. They have been watching anime since the 70's. Frick you friend and enjoy you anime my guy.

Jan 31, 2022 10:40 PM

Jan 2022
PocariSweet said:

I'll be 44 years old in April, been watching anime since I was 2 in 1980 (UFO Robo Grendizer) but not knowing it was anime. ACTUAL start of fandom was 1991 when I was 13, procuring my anime via what was called then Japanimation "meet ups" at a local apartment complex club house and daisy chaining VHS decks to record fan subbed anime, or non translated anime... then the stuff being legit subbed by CPM/U.S. Manga Corps, Book Nippon/U.S. Renditions and AnimEigo. ((( Flashfoward ))) to 2022 and here I am still watching, still collecting, and enjoying the past time with my 16 year old daughter named after the VOTOMS character Fyana (same spelling) and my 13 year old son.

One is NEVER too old to get into Anime.
Jan 31, 2022 10:57 PM
Dec 2014
do what you want to do ..
and your friend's statement is invalid.
Its all about interest.
Jan 31, 2022 11:11 PM
WIRED Network

Mar 2021
Honestly, you're never too old to watch anime. I do feel that your taste in the anime you watch will change. Most seinen shows and movies are geared towards adults with it's characters and more mature themes. Although I do enjoy watching shounen anime. 26 years old here.
Jan 31, 2022 11:26 PM
Aug 2021
PocariSweet said:

If you enjoy watching anime then age doesn't matter.
Feb 1, 2022 1:31 AM

Oct 2009
Not sure you will get an impartial answer on an anime forum but 22 is not too old to watch anime. People of all ages watch it although I will say the target audience for anime is probably something around the early teens to early 20s. The genre is so big though that it can appeal to a wider audience especially if you consider manga.

There is still a conception that any cartoon are meant for kids and people fail to realise that anime can have some more adult themes. The assumption is anime=cartoons in terms of content, themes and all which isn't true.
Feb 1, 2022 1:55 AM

May 2021
Sheesh.. of course you're not. I can guarantee that even if I turn into an old hag one day, I'll keep watching anime and no one can stop me.

๐‘‡๐ผ๐‘ƒ๐‘† ๐ผ๐‘ ๐บ๐ผ๐‘๐‘‡๐ด๐‘€๐ด
- NOT your usual shounen anime
- Pure comedy? DEAD WRONG
- Treat Gintama as SoL/weekly sitcom especially earlier seasons
- Ep 1 & 2 are for manga readers
- BIG patience for its 'slow' start

Feb 1, 2022 2:02 AM

Jan 2020
I've got plenty of friends who still watch anime in their 20s, right now I'm 18 and still watching. Maybe it just depends on people, anyone can become interested and watch anime regardless of their age, some people just oversimplified anime as child content or as simply as anime is for kids.
Feb 1, 2022 2:02 AM

Feb 2014
As opposed to what, flicking through dumb Tik Tok videos and Twitch streams? Is that more suitable for "adults"? Watching even children's anime is far more fruitful than that. Besides, a lot of anime are catered towards adults as well (even more so when it comes to manga). As long as you are having fun and getting something out of it, there's nothing wrong in watching anime at any age. I'll take something like Alps no Shoujo Heidi over most "grown up" entertainment any day.
Feb 1, 2022 2:06 AM

Dec 2015
PocariSweet said:

Than you should slap this friend and ask him what bullshit he says to you.
I will turn 23 in 22 days and I enjoy anime, I know personally people of my age who watch anime even with their parents so just a crap talking you shouldn't listen to.
Feb 1, 2022 4:57 AM

Jan 2016
There's no such thing as too old for anime. I've literally met 40-50yr old people at cons having fun just like everybody else.
Feb 1, 2022 6:07 AM

Sep 2020
You are never too old for watching anime,
btw I will be 37 this year.
Feb 1, 2022 4:00 PM

May 2019
I think the overall consensus should be that you're never really too old for anything, it's just that you shouldn't be overly obsessed with it
Feb 1, 2022 8:04 PM

Nov 2014
That poll definitely makes me feel old :(
Feb 1, 2022 8:42 PM

Mar 2021
No one is ever too old for anime in my opinion

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]

More topics from this board

» Would you watch gender swapped Mushoku Tensei?

rohan121 - Jun 17

45 by SimplyBrazen »»
5 seconds ago

» Do y'all fw Anitubers? ( 1 2 )

IssyBoy - Jun 17

83 by pk8list »»
4 minutes ago

» Who let women into the Boys' Love club? Every single Boys' Love anime to this date is written by women.

lostsymphonies - 5 hours ago

13 by Absurdo_N »»
4 minutes ago

» Is it just me or is the Shoujo anime category pathetically small?

AngelicSuccubus - 6 minutes ago

1 by Serafos »»
5 minutes ago

» ๐ŸŒน Anime Questionnaire 2024 ๐ŸŒน ( 1 2 3 )

Shizuna - May 16

132 by jhzs0029 »»
5 minutes ago
Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.