Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Jul 10, 2021 2:08 PM

Jun 2012
I really enjoyed this little adventure!
Jul 11, 2021 6:53 AM
May 2020
I happened to come across the trailer for this show and found it very interesting. I love travelling, and when I saw the trailer I immediately knew that this show is for me. I loved every episode and every part of this show and it turned out to be even better than I had imagined. This is easily one of the best shows I have ever seen, and I am moved by it too.
Jul 13, 2021 12:43 AM

Mar 2008
Loved the series, it had a similar comfy cozy feeling to Yuru Camp. Yes the drama in episode 11 was a bit out of place and unnecessary but it barely detracted from my enjoyment of the show. Gave it a strong 9/10 for enjoyment and good times.
Jul 14, 2021 10:08 PM

Sep 2018
I like it at first but got bored in the middle. Everything is all about Cub.
I like the "tour" part but the drama is out of place.
Jul 21, 2021 12:54 PM

Feb 2014
I like how cozy this anime is and curiously I enjoyed its maturity.

I enjoyed the characters, the cute art, the details are nicely draw and the animation is very good.

It´s surprisingly not boring.

And differently from many here, the drama scene with Shii-chan was very well done, in my opinion.

There aren´t a try hard backstory nor forced comedy scenes, because... what we just need is a.. Super Cub.

Ez 8/10

EDIT: Just changed my mind, 9/10
TechOtakuJul 21, 2021 1:07 PM
Aug 9, 2021 3:58 AM
Mob Character C

Oct 2009
I'm happy to see Reiko being so comfortable around her buddies. I'll stand by my comment that Shii probably should have been in her own anime as I feel like her goals, the themes it brings about, and the setting in general makes for a strong enough story on its own.
Instead, Shii's in this anime and it honestly kinda feels like she did a lot more harm to the story than anything. We could have kept focusing on the bond between Koguma, Reiko, and their cubs with a few characters coming in every now and then. However, it just feels like we ended up getting this character who has an interesting goal yet more or less just becomes Koguma and Reiko's free food and later a way to push Cubs... and it took up quite a bit of the narrative.

All that being said, I did enjoy myself for the most part. I enjoyed the mostly laid-back, slice-of-life story. I did enjoy Koguma and Reiko interacting a lot! It was usually quite nice! Unfortunately, those interactions did get pushed aside a bit later, but I'm glad they were still there at least.

Enjoy your anime! | Witch Cafe Wisteria
Aug 17, 2021 1:47 AM

Jul 2015
This chill and comfy series really is some good advertisement to buy a Honda Super Cub making your life of having nothing intomaking your dreams come true! ...like having friends
The artstyle becoming more colorful after each Cub upgrade definitely added that little touch to it.

Sep 27, 2021 5:31 AM

Nov 2013
it was a great finale, the road trip was beautiful and very meaningful
Oct 12, 2021 10:54 PM

Nov 2013
Nice way to see rural parts of Japan. I give it an A for scenic value.
Realistic depiction of bikes. Good artwork.
A girl with a deadpan personality discovered the joy of riding a motorbike. A few nice little adventures demonstrate that she's a reliable and strong person, despite her self-vanishing personality.
Dec 11, 2021 12:09 PM

Aug 2018
Anime felt like melancholy with nice things.. I quite liked the feeling.. ;P
Jan 13, 2022 3:16 PM

Aug 2020
Cozy until the end but I feel like there is something missing in the show. For me, it is not that much comfy. I atleast had fun in some moments. When they grin or smile was the best part!

» [The World's Continuation【世界のつづき】- UTA/Ado ♪] «
0:00 〇────── 4:55
↺ |◁ II ▷| ♡

Come and Join us!
Evil Club ψ
FuwaFuwa Sanctuary ✿
✿ DeaD Blossoms ✿
Feb 18, 2022 7:54 AM
Aug 2021
this series is fantastic.

the plot is basically that this short haired girl buys cub, learns to ride the cub, eat lunches on the cub, meet people because she got a cub, get part time jobs to support her cub, go to random places with her friends on her cub, help carry weird stuffs, learn nerdy knowledge of her cub, rides her cub in winter and in summer, add weird extensions to her cub, have good times, and many more good times, finally they all go on a trip, and they :), all because of her cub.

very simple stuff, very low energy and tranquil, just ordinary but extremely lovable girls being friends to each other, under the very peaceful and calm artstyle and music. in terms of sol, this series feels even better than the highly regarded yuru camp.

the only complaint I had is in ep11 where they force dramatic twist, with crappily written stories, with poor execution along the dumb dialogues. otherwise this series would had a better flow at the final few episodes leading to its perfect ending.
Feb 18, 2022 5:01 PM

Apr 2014
it has been awhile since i seen such a relaxing and cute series like this

i loved every bit of it

i would love if this series ever got another season if it was to ever happen

i needed something like this is was the perfect timing

honestly we need more series like this at least one every season would be nice

with that said again i loved this series all the way and heres hoping one day we can get another season
"one step at a time"
Jul 24, 2022 2:06 PM

Apr 2012
Loved the pacing and the piano, even if the bgm became more standard towards the end. Was also refreshing having a girl SOL with a tone not overly daft. Imagine becoming self-reliant while sorting the responsabilities linked to your hobby. Wish more anime taught this in this kind of setting: fantasy settings tend to make life lessons too abstract and less impactful.
Sep 10, 2022 7:14 PM
Jun 2020
So.... at the end she still has "no close friends". Koguma reminds me a lot of the character Shimamura from "adachi & shimamura" and thats far from a compliment. She is one of those types that if a stranger were to ask her if Reiko or shii was a friend her answer would be no, only a fellow rider. at the end those relationships evolved past the cub itself with reiko. Other then kaguma's gloomy demeanor her a reiko are super alike. And it was hinted shii liked kaguma the episode she was doing the festival and only became more and more evident. (poor shii... can't see that ending well for her.)
Dec 7, 2022 6:47 PM

May 2022
"If you sit back and do nothing, a Cub won't help you."

I'm so happy Shii-chan got her Cub. What a happy ending to see the three of them riding through the cherry blossoms!

As a fan of the light novels and manga, it is tough seeing the anime end midway in the story. But I am glad they came up with something of an ending rather than trying to rush ahead in the story. It is better to stop now and leave the rest of the story to the manga and light novels.

Overall, the animation team did a great job capturing the spirit of this coming of age story. In the end, Koguma's monologue no longer rings true. She does have a hobby: small motorcycles and Honda Cubs are more than just a means of transportation for her. And she has friends, very dear friends, and great memories and the photos to prove it. And she has a future. After all, her Cub was originally a way to get to school and work towards her future. She may be without money, without parents or family, but Koguma has a wonderful future ahead.
OG_OtakuJan 26, 2023 4:10 PM
Feb 17, 2023 1:30 AM

May 2020
As a huge fan of iyashikei theme, i am sorry to say that this anime was so mediacore in every aspect. Drawing, writing, osts are nothing special to make you hold on to one of them. Writing, conversations and slice of life quality can be considered as bad. The anime has so many unnecessary conversations. I had huge exceptations for this anime as an  iyashikei theme fan. However what i got is a low quality and so boring version of yuru camp. I wasn't expecting this to be an aria or natsume book of friends but  this could easly surpass the yuru camp with little touches by adding more slice of life elements

6/10
defaulticusFeb 17, 2023 1:33 AM
May 4, 2023 7:18 PM

Dec 2022
Beautiful anime, really touched when Shii-chan got here new adorable cub really loved the calmness and wholesomeness friendship of the 3 and relaxing adventure with their cubs.
Jun 12, 2023 1:31 PM

Aug 2012
Really enjoyed this show and this final episode. I love the iyashikei genre, the gift that keeps giving. For a show as simple as girl buys bike, upgrades it and makes friends and then the end it sure felt more special than that. I think the only time this show didn't quite work for me was the whole plea by Shii of having the cub and Koguma save her from the dark cold winter, it was alittle over the top even after her traumatic experience. Like the show felt it needed added weight and meaning to their Cherry Blossom roadtrip, also had random GL vibes for abit which just felt random and outta nowhere. But yeah other than that I can't really complain, it relaxed me to no end and that is the whole point of it so 8/10 from me.
BlaizeVSep 15, 10:54 AM
Jun 25, 2023 10:04 PM
Nov 2022
Fue un bonito último episodio para tan linda historia.
Jun 30, 2023 7:08 PM
Apr 2022
what a great anime really enjoyed it and I like the friendship with the girls 😊
Jul 3, 2023 3:06 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
AkeZZZ said:
Welcome to the Cub team, Shii. Finally, she bought her own Cub.
I wish Super Cub will get the second season announcement soon. This anime deserves the second season and there are many locations all over Japan for them to ride to.

btw, This is their roughly ridden route. Passing 16 prefectures in total. Yamanashi, Nagano, Gifu, Aichi, Mie, Shiga, Fukui, Kyoto, Hyogo, Tottori, Shimane, Yamaguchi, Fukuoka, Saga, Kumamoto, and Kagoshima.

Round trip that's like 3200 kms. They must have went through like 6 oil changes if they are changing oil every 500 kms. I believe that's the interval Koguma changed hers initially.

It would have been nice if we got to see more episodes like this one earlier in the series.

Jul 12, 2023 7:08 AM
Jun 2023
This is one of those slice of life anime that makes you yearn so bad. I had no intention of getting my motorcycle license before watching this, but now I just might.
Aug 11, 2023 1:53 AM
May 2021
IT MADE ME CRY T-T
I LOVED IT
Dec 9, 2023 6:15 PM

May 2019
Absolutely delightful trip to go see the cherry blossoms. Koguma really has turned into a leader all because of her super cub. Shii getting one at the end made me so happy. I absolutely adored this sweet little show and hope for more in the future.
Feb 18, 7:49 AM
Sep 2022
The best part of Super Cub was when she said “It’s Supa cub time” then I know that this anime is peak so I stand up and give this anime the biggest claps 🔥🔥🔥🔥💯💯💯
May 27, 9:14 AM

Jul 2009
I enjoyed this 12 episodes long Honda commercial.
Aug 4, 5:21 AM
Jul 2018
While I thought the CG portions were less than ideal, it was a pretty cute little story. Nice and light.
Aug 24, 7:00 PM

Jan 2022
Glad I came across this show.

Shii-chan is no different from her parents: she wants an Italian cafe and a Japanese bike (instead of a Vespa lol).
Sep 15, 5:01 AM

Sep 2022
Last few episodes ruined my impression and made me lower the score. I really enjoyed optimistic slice of life with no dramas at the beginning but it started feeling a lot like an ad towards the end. Episode 11 was bizarre. Episode 12 was rushed af.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Super Cub Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 16, 2021

173 by Myetx »»
Sep 14, 11:25 PM

Poll: » Super Cub Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 9, 2021

108 by Myetx »»
Sep 14, 4:15 PM

Poll: » Super Cub Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 2, 2021

68 by mo_lave »»
Aug 24, 3:01 PM

Poll: » Super Cub Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 28, 2021

100 by mo_lave »»
Aug 23, 3:42 PM

Poll: » Super Cub Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 12, 2021

81 by Romax24245 »»
Aug 18, 8:39 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.