Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 29, 2021 9:22 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Not going to lie, the first few minutes of this episode made me facepalm a bit. There guys were being so goofy.

On the moer serious part, we got a joint practice. Seems just like another buildup episode again. I'm hoping pacing picks up a bit soon but everyone is looking to prove themselves.
Apr 29, 2021 10:53 AM

Nov 2007
25:15 next

lol @ there's similarities in every members even though they are two different teams.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Apr 29, 2021 11:41 AM

Jul 2017
With Shiro High delivering an ABSOLUTE performance, Ao High has a lot to contemplate about surpassing them, even if it was a joint training camp.

The guys' cooking session at the beginning was just some light-hearted fun, and curry with apples. And I still think that both Shiro and Ao High guys have the same character personalities on differing teams, even down to their respective coaches (which are from the same school with impressive history behind them).

The 4-men team of Ao High that became a full-fledged 6-men team (with Futaba and Misato) doesn't get along in performance value, and trying to match each other ain't gonna cut it.

This training camp between the 2 schools better be worth it in the long run. Still enjoying this thus far, and beginning to look sharp, boys.
Apr 29, 2021 11:49 AM

Jun 2019
That was a really good episode. They got to know where they stand right now in from of their rivals. Also, their weaknesses and who's doing it wrong were shown. But, this is only just the beginning for them. They need to fly higher than that. The captain was down himself but he got up pretty quickly which made all the team members get hyped as well. A good sign for the team.

Also, I found many of them have the same kind of personalities. Some of them enjoy the same kind of things and act like each other as well, which was pretty funny to see.
Apr 29, 2021 11:52 AM
Sep 2015
Legends say both captain are still back handspringing as of now.

Very lovely episode. I don't have any club memory in my educational years so that's why I love sports anime, and Bakuten's club is a very nice club to join, and live! Since it has a dorm too!

I thought captain get to sleep alone, but he's sleeping with vice captain (not surprised). The one who get to sleep alone is the yellow hair Nagayoshi. I hope Misato will join the dorm soon. I want all of my favorite boys to sleep together in the same place, even if nothing sexually happen between them.
Apr 29, 2021 12:03 PM

Apr 2018
A buildup episode, pretty nice. They're all similar in some ways.

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Apr 29, 2021 12:28 PM

Apr 2009
Man the main character really needs a personality.

Apr 29, 2021 1:20 PM

Oct 2017
nice to see some improvement across the team!! looking forward to seeing them continue to grow :)
Apr 29, 2021 3:10 PM
Oct 2020
Cute moments there. Some characterization and story build up. Cool

I didn't like when they skipped the entire training part, though. I really wanted to see how each team would show off their skills.
Apr 29, 2021 7:37 PM
Oct 2020
I love the voice actors in Bakuten
Apr 29, 2021 10:08 PM

Jul 2020
I'm looking forward to this anime. This is so entertaining and interesting.
Apr 29, 2021 10:27 PM

Mar 2016
The two captains doing backflips outdoors was so random!

Tsukiyuki called Futaba briefs. haha These two are too adorable!!

I was expecting a match between the two schools, but they just cut to the scene where our school is depressed. lol I am really liking this director.

It's kind of weird hearing Levi, Connie and Erwin when watching this.

I love the way they show the characters being inspired. It's like everything clears up and the world is clean and blue.
Apr 29, 2021 11:29 PM

Dec 2020
shiro high's performance made some impact in them, even the "are you saying we can't win? of course we can!! we're amazing" captain was a slump after it. though they picked themselves up after the coach's little "advice". speaking of the coach, seems like he used to be an egotistical ass who's rly good huh. now he's a calm, kind coach. im guessing he changed bc he met his wife who i think might be .. Dead.

characters are rly generic, all fit perfectly into an already existing mold. we have the hype man, smart guy, loud leader, etc but god fucking damnit i love them all. mc is still boring he Really needs to have a better personality, anyone can overtake him as an mc rn lmao. even the guys who've only had 2 minutes of screentime
Apr 30, 2021 12:41 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
The training camp began. A chaos everywhere, duh. Shiro high school members purely attractive with their own pace. As expected from all-round rivals, even from different school, and they made it quite attached very fast with their own different favourites spreaded across the individual pairs. That's fine.

Coach background revealed. What a profile there. He proved himself not just a random dude teaching the young one with a little experience. Even his mumbling will be a blessing as soon as they've realized the profile, and the meaning behind it. Sasuga! But its worked out. The captain Sichigahama proved to captured it fast and shall be done a better improvement for the sake of all team in the future one. The power of rivality continue to bloom!
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Apr 30, 2021 12:52 AM

Jan 2020
Another good episode. It's been very entertaining. One thing though, I really wanted to see the Shiro High performance. I know that they are probably saving it up for later episodes, but I wanted to see it. I loved to see both teams bonding and getting to know each other, that part of the episode was really funny. Still wondering what made Masato not join Shiro High and I like his little interactions with Mashiro. Although that guy seems very carefree, he shows signs of caring about Masato.

FuMomo-kun said:

It's kind of weird hearing Levi, Connie and Erwin when watching this.

I honestly love it lol. I always wanted to hear Kamiya-san voice a character the same way he voiced Levi, so the fact that Watari sounds like him is pretty much the highlight of every episode for me.
I sometimes forget to finish my sentences.
Apr 30, 2021 2:05 AM

Oct 2008
just noticed all of the male VA line-up are top calibre huh...
4/5.

Apr 30, 2021 3:47 AM
Sep 2020
I watched it yesterday, and i really love this anime, everything is perfect, the animation, the characters, the main plot, i know that Bakuten is not into the hardest moments with the gymnastics group. But i like the concept, like, guys can dance too!
Apr 30, 2021 5:25 AM

Oct 2016
Really good episode! It's pretty funny how the 2 teams parallel each other lmao, We got idol lovers, yakuza lovers, plant lovers and many more. Glad they were able to figure out what they can do for now, they were too conscious of each other which affected their own performances. Kinda wanted to see their practice performances but their probably saving it for later, when the teams have improved more. Looking forward to the next episode.

With how the coach mellowed out from his younger years, I am guessing he really does have a wife lmao.
Apr 30, 2021 12:34 PM

Nov 2013
Glad to see my boys getting along after a while and i can't wait to see the so high's performance once they practice more and get better and who knows maybe they'll beat the apple high
Apr 30, 2021 7:30 PM

Jul 2016
Pretty nice episode. I'm really liking Shichigahama as the club's captain and the last part with everyone bonding through same hobbies was really cute to see.
May 1, 2021 4:18 AM

Mar 2017
So freakin' wholesome! I liked the more lighthearted and comedic vibe of this episode but it also managed to provide conflict with the Ao boys comparing themselves to Shiro High.

The party scene was so funny; Shiro High & Ao High might be rivals but they are so alike individually! I particularly find the two Captains' relationship hilarious - are they enemies? are they friends? I don't think they even know haha
May 1, 2021 5:35 AM

Oct 2019
I wanna know how that girl manager managed to put that entire thing in her mouth at once for y'know- research purposes..
May 1, 2021 8:42 AM

Jun 2020
Misa-pon.......I can’t get over it. Just imagining Ayu recording that in the studio with Kaito there is cracking me up lololllllll

Omg I can’t shut up about the animation. And the foley of them moving & jumping on the mats; and even of them opening & closing doors, so good. And all the small details like their facial expressions, like Shichigahama’s sleepy face in the morning & his disappointed & inspired face. I LOVE their expressions. Mashiro is soooo cute. There’s so much details in Bakuten, every frame & scene, it’s amazing & such a treat to watch! As expected of the director of Fune wo Amu.

Loved that scene of Shichigahama having an epiphany.

Also I’m wondering why they didn’t animate their training performances? It kind of tied in with what Shichigahama said, it really wasn’t even worthy of feedback & hence we didn’t even need to see it. If it were a narrative choice, I wouldn’t be surprised! But they didn’t animate the Shiro High’s either so.

but i’ll probably remember over and over again
you were there and everyone else was there
— the day we all searched for just one thing

May 1, 2021 10:36 AM
Mar 2020
wasabipumpkin said:
I love the voice actors in Bakuten

Speaking of which, the coach sounds like ?? one of my faves, Takahiro Sakurai ?? but he isn't listed in the characters at all..
May 1, 2021 12:06 PM

Jan 2021
I was looking forward to the performances but we just got flashbacks :( but Overall it was a decent episode...loving the friendly dynamic between the 2 rival groups and I'm also looking forward to mc's development cuz as of now all he talks about is 'Senpais this...' and 'Senpais that....'
May 13, 2021 8:27 AM

Dec 2016
Really loved the ost in this episode.

The comedy in this episode was worth it.

How they found their chatting buddy was funny, tho Misato and Futaba were kinda left out XD
Jun 17, 2021 1:05 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
It's nice how the two clubs are going along even though they're rivals
Apr 30, 2022 9:00 AM

May 2020
Wholesome rivalries everywhere, which is a nice refreshing change of pace honestly. I'm starting to like the Shiro High guys too, though I hope they get a little more development.
May 14, 2022 1:40 AM

Dec 2013
Oh, so the coach is a previous Ace. He must be the reason why Misato joined. Nice to see the boys getting to know each other and sharing some tips.

★━━─
𝘏𝘰𝘸 𝘤𝘢𝘯 𝘐 𝘣𝘳𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘱𝘦𝘢𝘤𝘦 𝘵𝘰 𝘮𝘺 𝘩𝘦𝘢𝘳𝘵?
𝘞𝘩𝘦𝘯 𝘐 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘬 𝘢𝘣𝘰𝘶𝘵 𝘪𝘵 𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘺 𝘥𝘢𝘺?

Jun 8, 2023 6:26 AM
Jun 2023
I really like this anime 🥰

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bakuten!! Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 10, 2021

34 by Sully_0 »»
Apr 27, 3:05 PM

Poll: » Bakuten!! Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 24, 2021

38 by Akiraroyt »»
Apr 6, 2023 8:30 AM

Poll: » Bakuten!! Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 6, 2021

56 by Akiraroyt »»
Apr 6, 2023 5:25 AM

Poll: » Bakuten!! Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 8, 2021

90 by sassichan »»
Jan 29, 2023 4:41 PM

Poll: » Bakuten!! Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 17, 2021

30 by tsardixon »»
Sep 11, 2022 2:37 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.