Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Re:ZERO -Starting Life in Another World- (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (10) « First ... « 8 9 [10]
Dec 3, 2021 3:12 PM
Aug 2017
FUCK THIS SHIT IS AMAZING

really got me tearing up here fuck this episode was emotional

10/10
Feb 20, 2022 12:08 AM
EOussama

Dec 2016
Roswaal really do be looking like a clown.
Jul 10, 2022 3:42 PM

Feb 2018
The feels.. Subaru finally convinced Betty to follow him :') When he hold her hand tight in the end aww.. Suba been doing so damn well on his latest 'run' its insane lol
Jul 12, 2022 5:44 PM
Jan 2022
Another Amazing episode that had me in tears through 90% of it. I remember back in Season 1 and even towards the end of it disliking Beatress, and thinking I would NEVER like her as a character, now I am in tears ;-;
Jul 24, 2022 7:58 AM

Apr 2013
Finally, Beatrice was kinda annoying with her damn book.
Jul 24, 2022 8:28 AM

Jul 2014
@Gator
Once again something the anime skipped, you might find interesting.

Anime skipped Emilia's inner monologue when she saw Echidna's in the tomb.
Jul 24, 2022 8:34 AM

Apr 2013
mozgow said:
@Gator
Once again something the anime skipped, you might find interesting.

Anime skipped Emilia's inner monologue when she saw Echidna's in the tomb.

Aaaaah, now it makes so much more sense why Echidna's face was never fully shown in her backstory... I was wondering why they would do that only to show her usual face at the very end, the anime adaption is truly weird skipping such information xD
Jul 24, 2022 8:44 PM

Apr 2010
I don't really understand the insane levels of love for this episode personally. Regarding the Beatrice situation I've been incredibly frustrated at how quite literally retarded Subaru is. He's known for so long exactly what he should say to Beatrice and why. He was literally told word for word multiple times. He even exactly knows her situation from hearing it first hand from her multiple times and actually seeing her past or having it told to him. And what's the absolute muppet do? Calls her an idiot and says no. Frankly it's miraculous that she even agreed in the end to the point that I have to suspend my disbelief. For that matter Beatrice is stupid too. Echidna never explicitly told her the person would say they're the one or even know they're the one, only what would make them the one. If she deemed them worthy then they are the one and it's not breaking the promise. smh...

Though to be fair I have to say I absolutely hate Subaru in general. He's a pompous whiny selfish absolute idiot. He's even too much of a sissy to kill his enemies if they're kids, he won't even let other people kill them. I don't think he's ever even actually tried to kill anyone aside from literal monsters. He has pretty much only one admirable quality and that's that he tries to save his friends and other people as well, even if his attempts are pretty pathetic most the time.

And honestly even though I've rated the series as a whole an 8 (though that may surprise you having read everything above), I'm not sure I even actually like the series all that much as I despise the protagonist and the fact that Rem is clearly the best girl yet she was soft killed off really early on. LN spoiler:
Though that's a bit off topic, I suppose.
TiffanysJul 24, 2022 8:47 PM
Jul 25, 2022 6:45 AM
Nov 2020
Tiffanys said:
I don't really understand the insane levels of love for this episode personally. Regarding the Beatrice situation I've been incredibly frustrated at how quite literally retarded Subaru is. He's known for so long exactly what he should say to Beatrice and why. He was literally told word for word multiple times. He even exactly knows her situation from hearing it first hand from her multiple times and actually seeing her past or having it told to him. And what's the absolute muppet do? Calls her an idiot and says no. Frankly it's miraculous that she even agreed in the end to the point that I have to suspend my disbelief. For that matter Beatrice is stupid too. Echidna never explicitly told her the person would say they're the one or even know they're the one, only what would make them the one. If she deemed them worthy then they are the one and it's not breaking the promise. smh...

Though to be fair I have to say I absolutely hate Subaru in general. He's a pompous whiny selfish absolute idiot. He's even too much of a sissy to kill his enemies if they're kids, he won't even let other people kill them. I don't think he's ever even actually tried to kill anyone aside from literal monsters. He has pretty much only one admirable quality and that's that he tries to save his friends and other people as well, even if his attempts are pretty pathetic most the time.

And honestly even though I've rated the series as a whole an 8 (though that may surprise you having read everything above), I'm not sure I even actually like the series all that much as I despise the protagonist and the fact that Rem is clearly the best girl yet she was soft killed off really early on. LN spoiler:

Don't worry Subaru is still learning slowly.
Aug 15, 2022 5:12 AM
Jul 2018
this episode is truly amazing Beatrice is my favorite girl from re:zero along with Echidna
removed-userAug 19, 2022 7:10 AM
Aug 21, 2022 4:08 PM
Feb 2019
Yet again amzing and unexpected! The ending was exquisite!
Sep 28, 2022 1:58 AM
Jul 2016
Tiffanys said:

Could not agree more, well said.

The series certainly has potential, I did like the somewhat novel idea of return by death, seems rezero actually predates edge of tmr & happy death day though it's also different in that the 'save point' changes. But Subaru acts like a complete and absolute moron far too often such as in the Beatrice situation. He stubbornly doesn't want to confirm himself as being "that person" when saying so would have resolved the situation almost immediately. I get that the creator(s) wanted to make it so that things don't come easy for him but intentionally making him behave in the dumbest way possible is not the way to go, it's absolutely infuriating watching how he goes about most things. Not to mention the dialog overload with Subaru essentially repeating the same thing over and over.

Dude, the place is burning down(realistically he should have died from smoke inhalation a long time ago but it's anime so I'm willing to suspend my disbelief) you don't have a 20 minute or however long conversation you just say your "that person" and get her the hell out of there ASAP!
ARGH! dsfgdsg you Subara!!
Oct 2, 2022 10:35 AM
Aug 2018
Rain_Machika said:
Tiffanys said:

Could not agree more, well said.

The series certainly has potential, I did like the somewhat novel idea of return by death, seems rezero actually predates edge of tmr & happy death day though it's also different in that the 'save point' changes. But Subaru acts like a complete and absolute moron far too often such as in the Beatrice situation. He stubbornly doesn't want to confirm himself as being "that person" when saying so would have resolved the situation almost immediately. I get that the creator(s) wanted to make it so that things don't come easy for him but intentionally making him behave in the dumbest way possible is not the way to go, it's absolutely infuriating watching how he goes about most things. Not to mention the dialog overload with Subaru essentially repeating the same thing over and over.

Dude, the place is burning down(realistically he should have died from smoke inhalation a long time ago but it's anime so I'm willing to suspend my disbelief) you don't have a 20 minute or however long conversation you just say your "that person" and get her the hell out of there ASAP!
ARGH! dsfgdsg you Subara!!

Mate, You missed the whole point of the episode.It was not to say that he is that person. Point was to have Betty make her own choice breaking her free from her contract. If Subaru had said that he is that person, that is not freeing her because Subaru will sooner or later die, Spirits lives for thousands of years. What will happen after Subaru dies she won't be able to make her own decision. If Subaru had just said that he is that person.
Oct 17, 2022 6:59 PM

Aug 2021
really great episode. lot's of emotion in that very long scene between beatrice and subaru. a lot of things came together and i think we've finally reached the point where everything has been established and really came together. i think this is probably my favorite episode from this part. a lot of amazing things happened and i think it's a perfect set up for this finale. there's only one episode left to this amazing series for now, let's hope it's another great one.
Oct 26, 2022 7:08 PM

Dec 2015
Did Subaru fetch some holy hand grenades?
Nov 9, 2022 4:58 AM

Apr 2021
Subaru managed to pull it off. He helped Emilia, took care of Garf and freed Beatrice from the past that was holding her back!!! So yeah he won the bet he made with Roswaal. Awesome episode!!!!
Nov 22, 2022 3:03 AM
Mar 2020
I hate Ms. BeABitch(Beatrice) with all my heart. I gave this episode 5 stars so it could be at the top of the posts and share my hatred of her with everyone. If anyone sympathisez with her, I hope they too rot in hell. She could've prevented the previous assassinations on Fredrica and the little girl in the other timelines. She pushes Subaru out of the door because he said he wasn't her person. She's entitled and selfish to the point where she will sacrifice anyone or anything to fulfill her self-prolonging pity party. Ms. BeABitch everyone.
Nov 27, 2022 4:45 AM

Jul 2016
AnimeWatcher9001 said:
I hate Ms. BeABitch(Beatrice) with all my heart. I gave this episode 5 stars so it could be at the top of the posts and share my hatred of her with everyone. If anyone sympathisez with her, I hope they too rot in hell. She could've prevented the previous assassinations on Fredrica and the little girl in the other timelines. She pushes Subaru out of the door because he said he wasn't her person. She's entitled and selfish to the point where she will sacrifice anyone or anything to fulfill her self-prolonging pity party. Ms. BeABitch everyone.

hOw DaRe YoU sPeAk LiKe ThAT aGaiNSt BeAKo?!?!?!
aND trY TO bAiT ME tooOO?!?
Nov 27, 2022 5:33 PM
Jan 2021
Finally Beatrice is out of the library. I feel bad for her 😢
Nov 27, 2022 11:47 PM
Mar 2020
QcDiablo said:
AnimeWatcher9001 said:

hOw DaRe YoU sPeAk LiKe ThAT aGaiNSt BeAKo?!?!?!
aND trY TO bAiT ME tooOO?!?

Bait you? These are my genuine feelings towards Beatrice in this episode.
Nov 28, 2022 4:10 AM

Nov 2016
Very deep episode...I shed a tear

The Beatrice / Subaru interaction was handled so well to show his determination and honesty. Choosing the hard way, to make her let go of her promise instead of just lying to her is even more heart-wrenching. I loved the comparison with actual couples in real life "You'll leave me eventually" "But still, you'll remember it as good times" telling us that, yeah, it's ok not to be together forever, the most important is to have fun and to keep good memories with the loved one, and that wishing to be with someone forever (a whole life at our scale) is very rare and most probably out of range for most people.

Nov 28, 2022 7:46 PM
Daydreamer

Mar 2020
Masterpiece of an episode, again. Beatrice best loli tsundere ever.
Dec 9, 2022 3:54 AM
Aug 2022
Nice Animation and good visuals.
Feb 16, 2023 6:58 AM

Jan 2011
i didnt like this part 2 at all, i never particularly liked Subaru, i thought he was too generic but now im starting to find him annoying, the Beatrice deal was making me cringe, i havent cringed at this series before despite how overly dramatic it can get at points for a story were you can just reset any possible bad consequence but now thats starting to change
Feb 17, 2023 11:22 AM
Nov 2016
silversaint said:
i didnt like this part 2 at all, i never particularly liked Subaru, i thought he was too generic but now im starting to find him annoying, the Beatrice deal was making me cringe, i havent cringed at this series before despite how overly dramatic it can get at points for a story were you can just reset any possible bad consequence but now thats starting to change

If you don't like Subaru why did you watch re zero?
Feb 17, 2023 12:06 PM

Jan 2011
JeXxTaR said:
silversaint said:

If you don't like Subaru why did you watch re zero?
never liked him but never particularly dislike him either, more like didnt care about him since i thought he was too generic, however, that was before this episode, now i am starting to dislike him
as for why am i watching this, i made a thread with 3 other series that i stopped watching an asked which i should give a second chance, this series won that thread, so thats the reason
Feb 24, 2023 11:34 AM
May 2021
Sensational ep!! Woww the emotions! 😭
Mar 30, 2023 8:41 PM
Feb 2021
Beatrice's arc really felt like it took super long, so I am pretty glad that it's over. It doesn't really make me feel for her too much because of how much it took from her, and because, fuck man, Subaru's just using her. I've never really ever been able to guess the progression of the story, but now I really can't.
Jun 6, 2023 6:24 AM

Feb 2017
The last episode was fantastic, I didn't think it could be topped, but it absolutely was by this episode. now onto the final.
"This world is rotten, and those who are making it rot deserve to die. Someone has to do it, so why not me?"
- Light Yagami

Jun 16, 2023 11:35 AM

Nov 2017
Betttyyyyyyyyy. Let's see what happens in the finale. Poor Betty was going to burn up all alone. 400 years...wo-oh-oh-oh, wo-oh-oh-oh. 
Jul 13, 2023 8:21 PM

Jul 2013
Subaru could've told Beatrice that he talked to Echidna and was told that it falls on Beatrice to choose who "that person" is, would've saved a lot of time. But I guess it's more meaningful this way
Aug 7, 2023 7:09 AM
Mar 2022
i love this anime, this is amazing1
Aug 27, 2023 7:10 AM
Jan 2023
Wow another just brilliant episode. Seems the rabbits did turn up, but I don't think they are going to be a major issue.

Subaru finally managed to convince Beatrice to go with him, instead of staying bound to a 400 year old promise. They very quickly shot off to the Sanctuary, and just on time too. Seems Emilia needed some help with those damn rabbits. Perhaps the people of the Sanctuary are going to be eating rabbit for a long time.

Seems the final battle begins, I can't wait to see what happens.
Oct 28, 2023 4:22 PM
Jan 2021
betta than the rest
Nov 28, 2023 4:00 AM

Oct 2022
The ending was well timed and perfect.
Emilia's development is one of the best, she is also getting progressively funnier lol.

Subaru's persistence is commendable.
Nov 28, 2023 7:21 AM

Dec 2022
Liked this episode much more than most of the previous episodes. No doubt seeing the end of the monotony of the "trials" played a part in it, but Beatrice being pulled out of her obsession with a blank book was cathartic, in a way.

Shaded Horizon

Dec 13, 2023 4:21 AM
Jul 2023
shiraaa bekao-betty

Feb 1, 11:02 AM

Sep 2022
Choose ME!!! One Of the best
Feb 1, 11:03 AM

Sep 2022
Choose ME!!! One Of the best
Apr 8, 7:25 AM
Dec 2023
pretty good episode
Pages (10) « First ... « 8 9 [10]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Did you like part 1 or part 2 of season 2 better?

castle2001 - May 26

18 by FilipPaul »»
Yesterday, 8:58 PM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu 2nd Season Part 2 Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Koito91 - Mar 3, 2021

278 by D-A-W »»
May 20, 9:00 PM

» Rem have become most favourite anime female character!!! ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

ZXEAN - Jan 29, 2021

298 by Megaman-is-hard1 »»
May 16, 8:46 PM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu 2nd Season Part 2 Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Koito91 - Mar 10, 2021

534 by ymirstear »»
May 10, 4:29 PM

» am i the only one who thinks re:zero season 2 is just kinda okay? ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

shmoomp - Jan 27, 2021

411 by AboutFollower03 »»
Apr 18, 8:56 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.