Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Mar 1, 2021 7:21 AM
Feb 2021
[quote=Florent3571 message=62162769]
MangaOnly69 said:
Florent3571 said:

You're not playing fair, I gave you Crust in good faith and you wanna get rid of two major antagonists ? Talk about double standards.
T
Florent3571 said:

Sorry but knowing the names of X-less, Native and Majestic doesn't make them relevant characters, I'll give you Crust 'cause he had a great death scene, but if we count heroes and villains casualties, for MHA we got Midnight, Twice and Crust, that's 3 deaths for the war, 4 if GT dies soon. And for JJK in Shibuya ONLY we're at 5 deaths on a much smaller battle scale. MHA ain't winning this one.

And I'm not saying that JJK's story is better for it, I'm just saying that the actual character death doll is simply more satisfying in the scale of the battle.
When half of the deaths in JJK are for shock value it’s hard to take it seriously just like CSM.

That's crazy 'cause even without the death for shock value, JJK still got more relevant death than MHA.[/quote
Florent3571 said:
Devil_Food said:

Neither were major antagonists.

So neither is Twice I guess.

Deaths are the only consequence for you... I’m done quit crying.
Mar 1, 2021 9:23 AM

Mar 2018
[quote=MangaOnly69 message=62166236]
Florent3571 said:
MangaOnly69 said:
T
When half of the deaths in JJK are for shock value it’s hard to take it seriously just like CSM.

That's crazy 'cause even without the death for shock value, JJK still got more relevant death than MHA.[/quote
Florent3571 said:

Apparently it's way too hard for you to grasp that one can be extremely pleased by the societal and worldwide consequences of the war while still being underwhelmed by the amount of character death.

Character deaths sell the emotionnal impact of an event on the reader, not enough character death means not enough emotionnal impact, emotionnal impact is the main reason any person on earth is consuming fiction in general. I can't write it any simpler than that.

In the end yeah, it's a personnal problem, but I really REALLY hate how some of y'all are making me or anyone who critisize MHA look like some unreasonnable bloodthrusty idiot when I'm doing my best at explaining things clearly only for ending up getting answers like this one or straigth up false information about other series.
Mar 1, 2021 10:09 AM
Feb 2021
[quote=Florent3571 message=62167291]
MangaOnly69 said:
Florent3571 said:

Apparently it's way too hard for you to grasp that one can be extremely pleased by the societal and worldwide consequences of the war while still being underwhelmed by the amount of character death.

Character deaths sell the emotionnal impact of an event on the reader, not enough character death means not enough emotionnal impact, emotionnal impact is the main reason any person on earth is consuming fiction in general. I can't write it any simpler than that.

In the end yeah, it's a personnal problem, but I really REALLY hate how some of y'all are making me or anyone who critisize MHA look like some unreasonnable bloodthrusty idiot when I'm doing my best at explaining things clearly only for ending up getting answers like this one or straigth up false information about other series.
How many more characters do you want to die too be satisfied? Because if it’s Torino you most likely are getting your wish.
Mar 1, 2021 11:01 AM

Jan 2018
MangaOnly69 said:
Florent3571 said:

Sorry but knowing the names of X-less, Native and Majestic doesn't make them relevant characters, I'll give you Crust 'cause he had a great death scene, but if we count heroes and villains casualties, for MHA we got Midnight, Twice and Crust, that's 3 deaths for the war, 4 if GT dies soon. And for JJK in Shibuya ONLY we're at 5 deaths on a much smaller battle scale. MHA ain't winning this one.

And I'm not saying that JJK's story is better for it, I'm just saying that the actual character death doll is simply more satisfying in the scale of the battle.
To be fair a lot of the deaths in JJK seem to be more for shock value. Also, during the interview with Gege (the creator of JJK) he literally said there is a possibility he might revive a dead character. Also JJK only killed off 3 relevant characters in Shibuya.

Gege never said he might revive a dead character
and more than 3 relevant characters died in Shibuya arc
and all the deaths served a purpose for the plot, for characterizations and characters development, it's not just for shock value.
BARK BARK BARK ARRRGGFFF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK HSSSSSSSSS SNIFF SNIFF GRRRRR RUFF RUFF WOOF WOOF WOOF SNARL BITE BITE BARK CHOMP SNIFF SNIFF GRRRRRRRRRR RUFF WOOF BARK BARK BARK BARK ARGGGHHFFFF BITE BITE BITE WOOF HSSSSSSS GRRRROWWWL HOWLLL WOOF WOOF BARK BARK BARK ARGGGGRRRFFF BITE WOOF WOOFBARK BARK HSSSS CHOMP GRRRRR
Mar 1, 2021 12:19 PM

Mar 2018
[quote=MangaOnly69 message=62167762]
Florent3571 said:
MangaOnly69 said:

How many more characters do you want to die too be satisfied? Because if it’s Torino you most likely are getting your wish.

Copy pasting what I said in another thread :

Pixie-Bob, Gang Orca and Thirteen.

Those are just examples, but they are characters whose disappearance don't hurt much developpent opportunities yet create a small emotionnal void for both the readers and remaining characters and give some credibility to that infamous panel.

See ? THAT's what I meant by "middle ground", I never asked for the whole cast to die. You can't seriously tell me that it's not reasonnable and that I was asking for too much.
Mar 1, 2021 12:59 PM
Feb 2021
[quote=Florent3571 message=62168849]
MangaOnly69 said:
Florent3571 said:

Those are just examples, but they are characters whose disappearance don't hurt much developpent opportunities yet create a small emotionnal void for both the readers and remaining characters and give some credibility to that infamous panel.

See ? THAT's what I meant by "middle ground", I never asked for the whole cast to die. You can't seriously tell me that it's not reasonnable and that I was asking for too much.
It’s not an infamous panel. It wasn’t what “YOU” were expecting but that doesn’t make it infamous. There is absolutely nothing wrong with that panel. What are we gonna do harass Hori on Twitter until he kills off more characters? Again, the only opinion that matters to Hori is the one of Japanese fans he doesn’t care what we say on MyAnimeList. A panel loses credibility because it didn’t meet “you’re” expectations doesn’t make it infamous. What we got is better than nothing. We can’t do anything about it so there really is no point in whining about something not happening when nothing will change. Did I want more initial deaths... sure but that’s why I’m waiting until this arc ends to see the final death count maybe you should as well.
MangaOnly69Mar 1, 2021 1:10 PM
Mar 1, 2021 1:09 PM
Feb 2021
Vayetse said:
MangaOnly69 said:
To be fair a lot of the deaths in JJK seem to be more for shock value. Also, during the interview with Gege (the creator of JJK) he literally said there is a possibility he might revive a dead character. Also JJK only killed off 3 relevant characters in Shibuya.

and all the deaths served a purpose for the plot, for characterizations and characters development, it's not just for shock value.
Dagon did one useful thing the entire manga he’s not relevant.
Mar 1, 2021 1:23 PM

Jan 2018
MangaOnly69 said:
Vayetse said:

did one useful thing the entire manga he’s not relevant.

Put a spoiler tag, you're not on JJK's forum
SoukaTheRealMar 1, 2021 1:32 PM
BARK BARK BARK ARRRGGFFF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK HSSSSSSSSS SNIFF SNIFF GRRRRR RUFF RUFF WOOF WOOF WOOF SNARL BITE BITE BARK CHOMP SNIFF SNIFF GRRRRRRRRRR RUFF WOOF BARK BARK BARK BARK ARGGGHHFFFF BITE BITE BITE WOOF HSSSSSSS GRRRROWWWL HOWLLL WOOF WOOF BARK BARK BARK ARGGGGRRRFFF BITE WOOF WOOFBARK BARK HSSSS CHOMP GRRRRR
Mar 1, 2021 2:36 PM

Mar 2018
[quote=MangaOnly69 message=62169163]
Florent3571 said:
MangaOnly69 said:

It’s not an infamous panel. It wasn’t what “YOU” were expecting but that doesn’t make it infamous. There is absolutely nothing wrong with that panel. What are we gonna do harass Hori on Twitter until he kills off more characters? Again, the only opinion that matters to Hori is the one of Japanese fans he doesn’t care what we say on MyAnimeList. A panel loses credibility because it didn’t meet “you’re” expectations doesn’t make it infamous. What we got is better than nothing. We can’t do anything about it so there really is no point in whining about something not happening when nothing will change. Did I want more initial deaths... sure but that’s why I’m waiting until this arc ends to see the final death count maybe you should as well.

It'd be extremely presumptuous of me to believe that Hori cares about what I think. Of course I'm not expecting him to change anything (tho I AM praying that he erases Mirio for the volume release but that a whole other topic lol).

I'm voicing a complaint about a specific point that imo hurt the arc, people say that my complaint is non-sensical, I answer back, that's discussion, and that's cool ! That's what Im looking for when i write something here.

I will admit that I've been unnecessarily vocal about it for the last few days, but it's because I think that it's a matter worth discussing because many people, myself included, were dissapointed and with interesting reasons. But it always ends up with people oversimplifying and deforming the complaint to ridiculous extremes and that ends up killing discussion.

All I'm asking for is for people to be slightly more open-minded about a damn manga and to realize that it's super annoying to be told that you haven't been reading correctly one of your favorite series.

Anyway, I think I polluted this thread enough so I'll try to not bring up that topic in the future.
Mar 1, 2021 4:18 PM
Jul 2014
Florent3571 said:
Devil_Food said:

Neither were major antagonists.

Twice was apart of the main antagonist group, had character development throughout the manga and was actually important. His character is not the same status as those two one who was mostly a joke and the other who was just a plot device.

Mar 1, 2021 4:24 PM
Jul 2014
Vayetse said:
MangaOnly69 said:

So yeah literally on two characters are relevant in that list.

Vayetse said:
MangaOnly69 said:

He wasn't relevant.
Devil_FoodMar 1, 2021 4:28 PM
Mar 1, 2021 5:27 PM
Feb 2021
Vayetse said:
MangaOnly69 said:

ONE FIGHT WERE HE IMMEDIATELY LOST...
Mar 1, 2021 5:30 PM

Jan 2018
Devil_Food said:
Vayetse said:

Vayetse said:

He wasn't relevant.

SoukaTheRealMar 1, 2021 6:11 PM
Mar 1, 2021 5:33 PM

Jan 2018
MangaOnly69 said:
Vayetse said:

Yes and ? Doesn't change the fact he was relevant for the time he had
Mar 2, 2021 11:46 AM
May 2018
Will this be the comeback to Captain Celebrity to the country that saw him grow?, I hope so, it will be quite the loss if they don't. I don't exactly see him in that panel with the other shades, but that might be just to not make it too obvious, please bring him back.
Fabrizio00Mar 3, 2021 12:25 PM
Mar 2, 2021 2:54 PM
Jul 2014
Vayetse said:
Devil_Food said:

He wasn't relevant.

"Since when you need character development to be relevant ?"

Not putting this in spoilers. You being a JJK fan makes it hard enough to take you seriously but I kind of want everyone too see how low IQ you are. FYI none of that shit was relevance, JJK just does a piss poor job with managing its cast because they're all expendable and not really important to the narrative hence why its a fucking joke to really compare the impact of an arc that was years of build up in the making to one in which shit just happened out of nowhere.
Mar 2, 2021 2:56 PM
Jul 2014
MangaOnly69 said:
Vayetse said:

Let it go, The guy is off his rocker.
Mar 2, 2021 3:06 PM

Jan 2018
Devil_Food said:
Vayetse said:

"Since when you need character development to be relevant ?"

Not putting this in spoilers. You being a JJK fan makes it hard enough to take you seriously but I kind of want everyone too see how low IQ you are.

Lmao you don't need character development to be relevant, example: Levi from snk. You obviously don't know what being relevant to the plot means and I guess that's why you're embarrassing yourself like that, I'll repeat since it seems you're quite slow to understand things "relevance: the degree to which something is related or useful to what is happening or being talked about"...you don't need character development to be related or useful to the plot you know.... Don't be bitter towards JJK just because it has surpassed MHA in sales so easily despite the fact that MHA has 4 seasons, 29 volumes and 2 games.
Mar 4, 2021 3:15 AM

Jul 2013
Lmao Hawks doesn't know the meaning of personal space and was mad close to Todoroki. Poor kid.

Bakugou is as lively as ever.

I wonder will more people finally come to know about Midoriya's quirk. Curious about people's reactions when that does happen.
Mar 5, 2021 9:57 PM

Jun 2017
LMAO! Was Hawks taking pictures with his cellphone on Rei when she kneeled down before him? Or was he randomly just texting?

I think it's fine for top-ranked heroes to know about "One for All." That way, they'll be fully aware of how essential it is not to let the villains get their hands on Deku.

She got him back. If you understand the characters well enough, you'd know she did!
Mar 13, 2021 12:42 AM

Aug 2012
MangaOnly69 said:
We are still in the same arc tho.

Okay, then I'm enjoying the series a lot more now than I was during the action sequences of *this* arc.
Nov 1, 2021 8:53 AM

May 2016
I know the topic is not about it but it pisses me off that as expected because Hawks is a hero and Twice a villain noting is done.

Anyway, the blame for what happened with Dabi is as much on the mother as on the father. The "I could not do anything" does not exempt you, Shoto's mother says it is everyone's fault but in her word and her way of seeing her husband says the opposite. He did not express himself correctly or listen to her son, she shielded herself by saying or acting as if she were weak and did nothing but allowed her husband to mistreat her son.
Apr 7, 2022 1:12 AM

Feb 2021
Okay by this point I think the top pro heroes (at least these 3) would get to know about OFA and AFO and maybe some of his classmates will also get to know about it(?)

I mean they should figure it out at this point. Shiggy was so hung up on Deku in that fight and was screaming "I want OFA" to him. They are bond to figure it out. Also dude has like another completely new quikr now. He can literally fly now. So it should be a clear indicator of something weird going on.

Aug 25, 2022 5:54 PM
Community Mod
Angel of Death

Mar 2022
I think it's okay to tell certain top heroes about OFA.
Dec 19, 2022 12:19 AM

Apr 2021
It's about time the OFA secret is out, at least the top heroes should know, they are trustworthy and I doubt any of them will betray the heroes. Plus that's what the main villain AFO is after.
Mar 27, 2023 4:47 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
The city is a kaos in all the aspects!!! kekeke
Jun 30, 8:36 PM

Jun 2015
I love how supportive Hawks is of Endeavor! It's adorable!
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Chapter 426 Discussion

deg - Jun 26

34 by Bohlen_velber »»
Today, 8:44 AM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Chapter 379 Discussion

Kuma - Jan 27, 2023

36 by KoniginElle »»
Yesterday, 4:58 AM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Chapter 306 Discussion ( 1 2 )

erenmeii - Mar 17, 2021

80 by phantom346 »»
Jun 30, 9:03 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Chapter 305 Discussion

MegamiRem - Mar 12, 2021

40 by phantom346 »»
Jun 30, 8:53 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Chapter 304 Discussion

kevin_video - Mar 5, 2021

43 by phantom346 »»
Jun 30, 8:46 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.