Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Feb 26, 2021 9:21 AM

Jan 2008
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
The Top 3 have teamed up, Bakugo is angry that Midoriya is still asleep, everyone is worried about Deku, and All Might has confirmed that Deku is likely talking to all the previous users.
I reject your reality, and substitute my own.
Feb 26, 2021 9:36 AM

Nov 2016
Top 3 team up could be something to look forward to, also the talk with the previous holders.

What got me most hyped is the prospect od international heroes, tho xD Doesn't seem likely atm, but it's easy to create a scenario to make it happen. Showing the silhouettes was teasing.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Feb 26, 2021 9:44 AM

Mar 2020
OFA was meant to be kept as a secret and now it will be known to all. I think that now movie 3 poster showing that WHA symbol and the international heroes are coming all together. Thank god that tokoyami and kaminari are safe. Hawks using that translator to talk is something i m looking forward to be animated.
Feb 26, 2021 9:47 AM

Jan 2009
will top heroes from other countries go to japan? that will be great and they have a character designs already that is shadowed for now

dang the rest of the world will know One For All now it seems so the top secret of Deku will be revealed soon
Feb 26, 2021 9:54 AM

Jan 2021
So All Might basically confirmed that Deku was talking with the previous One for All holders. Plus, the top 3 are ganging up.
I'm excited at the possibility that maybe some overseas heroes will make an appearance.
Feb 26, 2021 12:15 PM
Jun 2015
Fuckin Avatar Rip off.
Feb 26, 2021 1:05 PM

Aug 2020
Everybody is going to find out about the truth of OFA, aren't they..?

Seems like we'll be seeing the vestige world next chapter.
Feb 26, 2021 4:31 PM

Dec 2016
New heros are coming from another countries and Top 3 heros want to fight together

Maybe the war part 2 will begin soon,, I want to see my boy Shoto fights someone🔥
or maybe a time skip🤔
Feb 26, 2021 4:51 PM
Jan 2021
Sweet chapter and all, but I'm honestly getting disappointed with the aftermath so far, after all it had started out with so much potential. I say this now since it looks like we're closing in on the end of that. I feel that this does way too much tell but don't show.

Still, a nice chapter, and I liked the past chapters too. The Todoroki family drama, many find it tiresome (and from others disappointing since the sudden focus shift ever since the Hawks chapter, and there are also people that still argue with this feeling like a retcon due to how it was portrayed for many years before these recent chapters came out). I understand why they would feel the way, but at least it's been rather enjoyable in my eyes.
DengogikiFeb 26, 2021 4:55 PM
Feb 26, 2021 9:37 PM

Oct 2017
The top 3 teaming up is indeed hype but what's even more hype is everyone finding out that Deku is All Might's successor. I guess Hawks and Endeavour's onto him. Maybe they'll even find out, that's gonna be legit great.

Also lmao Jeanist remembered Kacchan's hero name.
Feb 27, 2021 3:39 AM

Mar 2016
Do you think it's a good idea to bring heros from another country ?
Don't want to see copies of All Might.

Feb 27, 2021 4:16 AM
Feb 2021
Time to get my flame shield up again.

I really didn't like this bit:

I really didn't like this at all. Either of these two has been implied from this bit.

1. Shoto made the better decision with always wanting to fix his family while Hawks made the worse decision not to.
2. What Shoto decided to do was harder and stronger while Hawks made the weaker and easier one.

This should not happen. Shouto doing what he did, his right and it's okay (some may argue), but Hawks should not have such thoughts to himself. He literally did nothing wrong. I have no idea why he has such thoughts when he expressed not being shackled anymore and he was given away as a child to be a governmental tool, basically. Even if he did have the spare time and attempts to make the family happy during his job, he neither made the worse nor weaker decision not to do so, and I'm tired of that being labeled or thought as such just because it aligns with "giving up". Hawks has no one. That's his one and only family, and they were both monsters. Hawks' family is literally irredeemable. His father was a criminal and a massive abuser to both him and his mother, and his mother not only treated him horribly as well, but literally gave him up not once, but twice. She gave him up since he was a child and she ratted him out as an adult. There would have been a possibility for redemption if she didn't do what she did as Hawks is an adult, but she did, so there is nothing.

I'm gonna hope that he will be reassured later that he did nothing wrong, because if he isn't, then I especially feel sorry for him since his character would be mishandled... again. This should not the right message to put out there.
CinediereFeb 27, 2021 4:21 AM
Feb 27, 2021 5:25 AM
Jul 2014
Cinediere said:

2. What Shoto decided to do was harder and stronger while Hawks made the weaker and easier one.

That is technically the truth. For bad or good, confronting the problem instead of looking/running away from it is always the good solution. The whole Todoroki flashback is literally about how bad it is to not look at the problem hoping that ignoring it will make it go away.

Cinediere said:
This should not the right message to put out there.

This is not a therapy lecture on what to do with your own life. It's a superhero comic. Being brave enough to confront your problems and family and deal with those problems head on is a much more interesting story than running away from them all. It has nothing to do with real life.
Feb 27, 2021 11:39 AM
Feb 2021
[quote=Dengogiki message=62138255]Sweet chapter and all, but I'm honestly getting disappointed with the aftermath so far, after all it had started out with so much potential. I say this now since it looks like we're closing in on the end of that. I feel that this does way too much tell but don't show.

Still, a nice chapter, and I liked the past chapters too. The Todoroki family drama, many find it tiresome (and from others disappointing since the sudden focus shift ever since the Hawks chapter, and there are also people that still argue with this feeling like a retcon due to how it was portrayed for many years before these recent chapters came out). I understand why they would feel the way, but at least it's been rather enjoyable in my eyes.
Dengogiki said:
Sweet chapter and all, but I'm honestly getting disappointed with the aftermath so far, after all it had started out with so much potential. I say this now since it looks like we're closing in on the end of that. I feel that this does way too much tell but don't show.

It’s not disappointing at all. The aftermath is actually better than I expected. If you think only deaths count as an aftermath you are gravely mistaken.
Feb 27, 2021 11:43 AM
Feb 2021
Dengogiki said:

I understand that this wasn’t you’re head cannon but it’s not disappointing at all. So multiple heroes die (and yes I know the only relevant one was Midnight and she got off-screened but multiple prisons were broken into and over 10K prisoners were released, society has completely lost trust in heroes, Aizawa lost a leg, Torino is probably going to die when Deku wakes up and Deku’s secret is basically out there now. Many civilians have died, pro heroes have retired and you are calling this disappointing... why because a certain character you wanted dead didn’t die GTFO!!!
Feb 27, 2021 12:38 PM

Mar 2018
SupremeTaste69 said:
Dengogiki said:

I understand that this wasn’t you’re head cannon but it’s not disappointing at all. So multiple heroes die (and yes I know the only relevant one was Midnight and she got off-screened but multiple prisons were broken into and over 10K prisoners were released, society has completely lost trust in heroes, Aizawa lost a leg, Torino is probably going to die when Deku wakes up and Deku’s secret is basically out there now. Many civilians have died, pro heroes have retired and you are calling this disappointing... why because a certain character you wanted dead didn’t die GTFO!!!

You're really gonna have to explain to me two things :
1. The person you quoted didn't say anything about death counts so why bringing it up ?
2. What does headcanon have to do with being disappointed by the amount of character death ? 'Cause I've seen this term used multiple times to defend the low death count but like how's it a good counter to that critique ?
Feb 27, 2021 12:42 PM
Feb 2021
Florent3571 said:
SupremeTaste69 said:

1. The person you quoted didn't say anything about death counts so why bringing it up ?
2. What does headcanon have to do with being disappointed by the amount of character death ? 'Cause I've seen this term used multiple times to defend the low death count but like how's it a good counter to that critique ?
I don’t understand why he’s disappointed and complaining about the aftermath being more show not tell when that is quite literally the opposite. Also, deaths work differently in every Shonen. Shonen’s have low death counts it’s just how it is.
Feb 27, 2021 12:45 PM
Feb 2021
Florent3571 said:
SupremeTaste69 said:

If you are expecting MHA to kill off characters like CSM you are gravely mistaken. I’m not disappointed in the death count I think it was good enough for a Shonen but I wish we got more information on characters that might be dead like Gang Orca, Mt.Lady, Tamaki and Fat Gum.
Feb 27, 2021 3:14 PM
Nov 2019
"What the hell is illegal denim?"
Feb 27, 2021 11:12 PM

Mar 2016
The truth of OFA will now be revealed. The top 3 have teamed up! Todoroki household on board! Bakugo is damn great and Ochako's feelings are starting to rise.
Feb 28, 2021 1:40 AM

Mar 2018
SupremeTaste69 said:
Florent3571 said:

If you are expecting MHA to kill off characters like CSM you are gravely mistaken. I’m not disappointed in the death count I think it was good enough for a Shonen but I wish we got more information on characters that might be dead like Gang Orca, Mt.Lady, Tamaki and Fat Gum.

I find it mindblowing that every time somebody complains about the death count, there's always someone that has to bring up the extremes of CSM, like there isn't an acceptable middle ground between one relevant death and killing your whole damn cast.

For a series that can pride itself of its nuance, any attempt at defending it ends up lacking of it.
Feb 28, 2021 2:58 AM
Jul 2014
Florent3571 said:
SupremeTaste69 said:

I find it mindblowing that every time somebody complains about the death count, there's always someone that has to bring up the extremes of CSM, like there isn't an acceptable middle ground between one relevant death and killing your whole damn cast.

For a series that can pride itself of its nuance, any attempt at defending it ends up lacking of it.

Because that's the best way to shut that argument down. CSM having a huge death count doesn't mean it was good especially when most of those characters who died weren't even important and were mostly expendable. Hell I can do an even better example Akame Ga Kill a series that actually got heavily criticizes for its excessive body count, I wonder why that series isn't highly praised then since by your logic dictates if you kill off characters then the series must be good right?

It feels like everyone who tries to criticize this series only exposes themselves at being inept at reading it.
Feb 28, 2021 3:34 AM

Mar 2018
Devil_Food said:
Florent3571 said:

Because that's the best way to shut that argument down. CSM having a huge death count doesn't mean it was good especially when most of those characters who died weren't even important and were mostly expendable. Hell I can do an even better example Akame Ga Kill a series that actually got heavily criticizes for its excessive body count, I wonder why that series isn't highly praised then since by your logic dictates if you kill off characters then the series must be good right?

It feels like everyone who tries to criticize this series only exposes themselves at being inept at reading it.

What on earth is so damn hard to understand in "acceptable middle ground between one relevant death and killing your whole damn cast" ? Like who isn't able to read here ?

And on god stop with the "you can't read" line, it's not the unbreakable argument you think it is, especially with a guy who's been praising the shit out of Horikoshi for the past 3 years.
Feb 28, 2021 8:34 AM

Jun 2014
The secret of OFA about to be exposed? I wonder how the reactions to that will be. Looks like we're gonna see Deku with the predecessors next week (hopefully, unless Hori decides to blue ball us lol).

I like how Hori set up the possibility of seeing international heroes. Keeping the story limited to just heroes within Japan would be a huge wasted opportunity. Introducing heroes from around the world is an interesting path to take with the story so I'm glad that it might potentially happen.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Feb 28, 2021 8:47 AM

Mar 2018
Coming back quickly to add something that was clarified with the offical release.

Kyoka asks Ochaco on how Deku's body is doing, and Ochaco answers that "it's okay" according to the doctors I guess, making it sound like Deku's arms might be fine after all....

I'm not gonna jump to conclusion right away, but if that's true and Deku doesn't actually suffers long lasting injuries after being warned so many times, this is gonna be a HUGE blow to the actual importance of his fight with Shigaraki.
Feb 28, 2021 9:06 AM

Mar 2015
it's information fight for now.
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Feb 28, 2021 9:39 AM
Jul 2014
Florent3571 said:
Coming back quickly to add something that was clarified with the offical release.

Kyoka asks Ochaco on how Deku's body is doing, and Ochaco answers that "it's okay" according to the doctors I guess, making it sound like Deku's arms might be fine after all....

I'm not gonna jump to conclusion right away, but if that's true and Deku doesn't actually suffers long lasting injuries after being warned so many times, this is gonna be a HUGE blow to the actual importance of his fight with Shigaraki.

This sure wont age poorly at all
Feb 28, 2021 9:48 AM

Oct 2017
Looks like more people are questioning midoriyas quirk. It appears he’ll have to let more people in on the secret.
Feb 28, 2021 10:03 AM

Mar 2018
Devil_Food said:
Florent3571 said:

This sure wont age poorly at all

At the end of the day I'm just reading what's being written. You know, the thing you're constantly saying I'm not doing.
Feb 28, 2021 11:58 AM
Feb 2021
Florent3571 said:
Devil_Food said:

What on earth is so damn hard to understand in "acceptable middle ground between one relevant death and killing your whole damn cast" ? Like who isn't able to read here ?

And on god stop with the "you can't read" line, it's not the unbreakable argument you think it is, especially with a guy who's been praising the shit out of Horikoshi for the past 3 years.
We don’t know what goes on at Jump. Besides, Japan doesn’t carry about killing off characters it’s only the West it seems like. Can’t complain about deaths when a series like BC killed off a character and brought him back to life as a child.
Feb 28, 2021 12:00 PM
Feb 2021
Florent3571 said:

Can you tell me what you want his consequences to be for his fight with Shigaraki? Do you want him to lose an arm, have an arm paralyzed or be handicapped in terms of combat for now on?
Feb 28, 2021 12:02 PM
Feb 2021
Florent3571 said:

Why are you assuming she is mentioning his arms btw?
Feb 28, 2021 12:05 PM
Feb 2021
Florent3571 said:
SupremeTaste69 said:

You complain about the death count despite this being a Shonen Jump title which is usually targeted towards teens.
Feb 28, 2021 1:10 PM

Mar 2018
MangaOnly69 said:
Florent3571 said:

We don’t know what goes on at Jump. Besides, Japan doesn’t carry about killing off characters it’s only the West it seems like. Can’t complain about deaths when a series like BC killed off a character and brought him back to life as a child.

With series like CSM and JJK running in the same magazine it's getting hard to buy that argument, especially when noone is asking MHA to get anywhere near that amount of death of those series (CSM in particular)

MangaOnly69 said:
Florent3571 said:

Can you tell me what you want his consequences to be for his fight with Shigaraki? Do you want him to lose an arm, have an arm paralyzed or be handicapped in terms of combat for now on?

Honestly ? Deku straight up losing an arm woud have perhaps been a bit much, but I'd have loved it. Now I never really expected it to happen so I didn't mind when I saw him at the hospital.
But since the arm is still there, I don't want Deku to be able to use it anymore or at the very least being severely incapacitated. He's been warned numerous times that he only had 2 or 3 shots left at 100% and he went WAY above that, so a few new scars won't cut it.
Feb 28, 2021 1:16 PM
Jul 2014
Florent3571 said:
MangaOnly69 said:

With series like CSM and JJK running in the same magazine it's getting hard to buy that argument, especially when noone is asking MHA to get anywhere near that amount of death of those series (CSM in particular)

What the hell are you talking about? MHA killed off more named characters in one arc than JJK has done for the majority of its run and this isn't counting the thousands of lives that were lost during Giga's wake. Once again CSM death toll meant nothing since most of the characters that died were either jokes or fodder since it didn't mean much of anything.
Feb 28, 2021 1:31 PM

Jun 2013
Cinediere said:

I really didn't like this at all. Either of these two has been implied from this bit.

1. Shoto made the better decision with always wanting to fix his family while Hawks made the worse decision not to.

This should not happen. Shouto doing what he did, his right and it's okay (some may argue), but Hawks should not have such thoughts to himself. He literally did nothing wrong. I have no idea why he has such thoughts when he expressed not being shackled anymore and he was given away as a child to be a governmental tool, basically. Even if he did have the spare time and attempts to make the family happy during his job, he neither made the worse nor weaker decision not to do so, and I'm tired of that being labeled or thought as such just because it aligns with "giving up". Hawks has no one. That's his one and only family, and they were both monsters. Hawks' family is literally irredeemable. His father was a criminal and a massive abuser to both him and his mother, and his mother not only treated him horribly as well, but literally gave him up not once, but twice. She gave him up since he was a child and she ratted him out as an adult. There would have been a possibility for redemption if she didn't do what she did as Hawks is an adult, but she did, so there is nothing.

I'm gonna hope that he will be reassured later that he did nothing wrong, because if he isn't, then I especially feel sorry for him since his character would be mishandled... again. This should not the right message to put out there.
Hawks' character comes off as doing a considerable amount of projecting re: Endeavor. And at this point, I'm not sure it's even meant to establish the dissonance he's been displaying and his unwillingness to detach entirely from that idealized version he had of him; rather, it seems to be a rehashing of "Endeavor is better now, let bygones be bygones". Natsuo, for one, continues to be a realistic portrayal of digesting one's resentment and being willing to compromise as an exception rather than glossing over his own hurt. Maybe Hawks should take a look at the middle son, rather than just projecting onto 15 year old Shouto 😬.
Feb 28, 2021 1:42 PM

Dec 2013
RIP Todoroki's personal space lol

People questioning what One for All is has me thinking that the truth will definitely be revealed soon.
Feb 28, 2021 1:57 PM

Mar 2018
Devil_Food said:
Florent3571 said:

What the hell are you talking about? MHA killed off more named characters in one arc than JJK has done for the majority of its run and this isn't counting the thousands of lives that were lost during Giga's wake. Once again CSM death toll meant nothing since most of the characters that died were either jokes or fodder since it didn't mean much of anything.

Sorry but knowing the names of X-less, Native and Majestic doesn't make them relevant characters, I'll give you Crust 'cause he had a great death scene, but if we count heroes and villains casualties, for MHA we got Midnight, Twice and Crust, that's 3 deaths for the war, 4 if GT dies soon. And for JJK in Shibuya ONLY we're at 5 deaths on a much smaller battle scale. MHA ain't winning this one.

And I'm not saying that JJK's story is better for it, I'm just saying that the actual character death doll is simply more satisfying in the scale of the battle.
Feb 28, 2021 2:01 PM

Aug 2012
Bean Jeanist was great here. Illegal denim and my favourite part of this chapter was him just using Bakugo's full hero name "Great Explosion Murder God Dynamight! You're all right!". The last bit of Bakugo's hero name is a nice pun but I don't think I'll ever not smile at someone using his full name, especially in the context of concern.

Outside of that, these last few chapters have been solid, I'm enjoying the series a lot more now than I was during the big action sequences of the last arc.
Feb 28, 2021 2:22 PM
Jul 2014
Florent3571 said:
Devil_Food said:

Sorry but knowing the names of X-less, Native and Majestic doesn't make them relevant characters, I'll give you Crust 'cause he had a great death scene, but if we count heroes and villains casualties, for MHA we got Midnight, Twice and Crust, that's 3 deaths for the war, 4 if GT dies soon. And for JJK in Shibuya ONLY we're at 5 deaths on a much smaller battle scale. MHA ain't winning this one.

And I'm not saying that JJK's story is better for it, I'm just saying that the actual character death doll is simply more satisfying in the scale of the battle.

Literally only one character of relevance died in Shibuya the other characters were either antagonists who didn't have much of if not any characterization and two characters who were only in vol. 0 who didn't have any development.
Feb 28, 2021 2:30 PM

Mar 2018
Devil_Food said:
Florent3571 said:

Literally only one character of relevance died in Shibuya the other characters were either antagonists who didn't have much of if not any characterization and two characters who were only in vol. 0 who didn't have any development.

You're not playing fair, I gave you Crust in good faith and you wanna get rid of two major antagonists ? Talk about double standards.
Feb 28, 2021 3:15 PM
Jul 2014
Florent3571 said:
Devil_Food said:

You're not playing fair, I gave you Crust in good faith and you wanna get rid of two major antagonists ? Talk about double standards.

Neither were major antagonists.
Feb 28, 2021 7:54 PM
Feb 2021
Florent3571 said:
Devil_Food said:

To be fair a lot of the deaths in JJK seem to be more for shock value. Also, during the interview with Gege (the creator of JJK) he literally said there is a possibility he might revive a dead character. Also JJK only killed off 3 relevant characters in Shibuya.
Feb 28, 2021 7:54 PM
Feb 2021
Terrestrious said:
Bean Jeanist was great here. Illegal denim and my favourite part of this chapter was him just using Bakugo's full hero name "Great Explosion Murder God Dynamight! You're all right!". The last bit of Bakugo's hero name is a nice pun but I don't think I'll ever not smile at someone using his full name, especially in the context of concern.

Outside of that, these last few chapters have been solid, I'm enjoying the series a lot more now than I was during the big action sequences of the last arc.
We are still in the same arc tho.
Feb 28, 2021 7:56 PM
Feb 2021
kunieda said:
Cinediere said:

Hawks' character comes off as doing a considerable amount of projecting re: Endeavor. And at this point, I'm not sure it's even meant to establish the dissonance he's been displaying and his unwillingness to detach entirely from that idealized version he had of him; rather, it seems to be a rehashing of "Endeavor is better now, let bygones be bygones". Natsuo, for one, continues to be a realistic portrayal of digesting one's resentment and being willing to compromise as an exception rather than glossing over his own hurt. Maybe Hawks should take a look at the middle son, rather than just projecting onto 15 year old Shouto 😬.
Dude seriously stfu. Why are you taking this seriously?
Feb 28, 2021 7:58 PM
Feb 2021
Florent3571 said:
Devil_Food said:

T
Florent3571 said:
Devil_Food said:

When half of the deaths in JJK are for shock value it’s hard to take it seriously just like CSM.
Feb 28, 2021 10:56 PM

Mar 2018
MangaOnly69 said:
Florent3571 said:

T
Florent3571 said:

When half of the deaths in JJK are for shock value it’s hard to take it seriously just like CSM.

That's crazy 'cause even without the death for shock value, JJK still got more relevant death than MHA.
Feb 28, 2021 11:31 PM

Mar 2018
Devil_Food said:
Florent3571 said:

Neither were major antagonists.

So neither is Twice I guess.

Mar 1, 2021 3:47 AM

Mar 2017
First, Todoroki is getting the recognition he deserves finally! Second, Hawks is such a stand up guy, backing Endeavour despite everything revealed. And third, we finally get to see what’s going on with Midoriya! I miss him 😢
Mar 1, 2021 5:31 AM

Jun 2013
MangaOnly69 said:
kunieda said:
Dude seriously stfu. Why are you taking this seriously?
You can just keep scrolling, if it's not your cup of tea. Cheers!
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» I hope horikoshi makes a book that fleshes out the world of mha

Deathlydash - 2 hours ago

2 by DayRivia »»
35 minutes ago

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Chapter 427 Discussion

deg - Jul 3

9 by Rexnihilo »»
4 hours ago

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Chapter 425 Discussion ( 1 2 )

deg - Jun 5

62 by marquinti2 »»
Yesterday, 2:32 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Chapter 424 Discussion

deg - May 29

46 by marquinti2 »»
Yesterday, 2:13 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Chapter 426 Discussion

deg - Jun 26

34 by Bohlen_velber »»
Jul 3, 8:44 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.