Forum Settings
Forums

Some questions about your habits concerning anime

New
How many finished anime do you watch at once? Don't count seasonal anime.
Jan 7, 2021 5:30 PM
Aug 2020
Over the past few months, I've found myself starting a lot of finished anime (not seasonal) at once. Even if everyone has their preferences, isn't it better to stick to one or two anime?
Another question, when you watch a finished anime, do you end it quickly or slowly? Are you the one that just watch one episode a day or end the anime in a few days? Does it depend on the genre?
My questions are out of curiosity.
brun_oisifJan 7, 2021 5:39 PM
Jan 7, 2021 5:34 PM

Mar 2020
I always stick to 1 season and up to 2 shows.

Example: So I might watch S1 of SAO and then before S2 I watch a 1-2 cour show that isnt the same genre before watching S2 of SAO.

I try to prevent genre burn out and some shows are just too long to want to watch all 4-5 seasons with out something between. I never ever start a second show while in the middle of another season though. Unless I plan to drop something I stick with it until the season I am on is done. I rarely drop anything.
Jan 7, 2021 5:38 PM
Aug 2020
-Ecliptix- said:

Example: So I might watch S1 of SAO and then before S2 I watch a 1-2 cour show that isnt the same genre before watching S2 of SAO.

I try to prevent genre burn out and some shows are just too long to want to watch all 4-5 seasons with out something between. I never ever start a second show while in the middle of another season though. Unless I plan to drop something I stick with it until the season I am on is done. I rarely drop anything.

Okay, thank you for your answer. I found interesting to see other people habits concerning anime.
Jan 7, 2021 5:40 PM

May 2015
I'm so used to seasonals that I can't binge anymore. Well, maybe on a rare occasion if I feel like it or if the anime is exceptional. But usually, 1 episode a day from one anime is a max for me. So I don't mind adding more than one finished anime to mimic seasonals, because this way I always have something to watch for different mood. Usually, I don't start more than three though.
Jan 7, 2021 5:41 PM

Mar 2020
brun_oisif said:
-Ecliptix- said:

Okay, thank you for your answer. I found interesting to see other people habits concerning anime.

No problem, I dont watch seasonal either I wait to binge. I hate the weekly piecemeal style I want it all at once.
Jan 7, 2021 6:13 PM

Aug 2019
I'll usually Marathon Action, Shounen, Mystery, Thriller, and etc. shows in a single day or two days but only watch one or two episodes of a SoL show at the beginning of each day.

As for airing, I can't withstand the wait. I mean really, they want me to wait a whole week just for one episode? And their show's gonna take 3 months to finish? Fuck that, I'd rather wait 12 weeks for 4 hours rather than a week for 20 minutes.
Jan 7, 2021 6:19 PM

Jul 2020
I used to watch every season of an anime after finishing the first. Now I watch other animes before hand. Also to answer your question I only watch 1. Reason being it gets distracting watching other anime at the same time im watching the one currently. Fo example. Currently, im watching Death note. The only other anime in my watching list are seasonals but those dont count. For some reason I have to finish 1 anime to start another.
I gave up on character of the week since it takes too much thinking. I'll just change my forum pfp to whoever I want every week lol.
Jan 7, 2021 6:21 PM

Apr 2020
i end the anime in a day and add it all to my list later. it doesnt feel right doing it day by day unless its more than 26 eps
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 7, 2021 6:36 PM
Aug 2020
I just watch what I want to watch and when I want to watch it.
Jan 7, 2021 6:46 PM

Jan 2010
I binge watch. Usually I finish one anime in one sitting. And if the anime fail to keep my interest, I drop.
Jan 7, 2021 6:47 PM
Jul 2018
i usually only focus on watching one and sometimes slowly watch a second one at the same time so i'd say max would be 3 for me.
Jan 7, 2021 9:46 PM

Sep 2008
it fluctuates. I tend to focus on one, or two but I think it's far more usually.
馬鹿げた倫理 全部ガラクタで
Jan 8, 2021 12:44 AM

Jan 2020
Depends usually, but I try to stick to no more than 2-3 anime each season. Might rarely have an exception if there's a lot of good stuff.
*generic image of favorite characters with a sappy quote or "aesthetics"*

Mecha Anime/Manga/VN Tier List

Anime/Manga/VN Tier List
Jan 8, 2021 12:47 AM

Apr 2017
I watch everything that comes out within reason.
There's no inherent right or wrong in this universe, but when we think with emotions rather than logic, we make things so.
Jan 8, 2021 12:48 AM
Feb 2015
I'm not a seasonal watcher. I mostly stick to 3 - 4 anime but right now I have a lot to catch up to so I'm watching more
Jan 8, 2021 12:52 AM
Grave of Flowers

Dec 2012
I don't go seasonal, on average it's 2 at once but I've done more with 4 simultaneously (2 2 cours and 2 1 cour anime) being the largest record (in 2016 when I had a lot of free time) and I never did it again lol
┍━━━━»•» «•«━━━━┑

🎖️ mal badges
🏠 blog navigation
🏆 graph badges

┕━━━━»•» ☠️ «•«━━━━┙
Jan 8, 2021 2:13 AM

Jun 2019
I like to have a selection of shows to watch as tend to have different watching moods throughout a usual day. Plus I also have seasonal shows to pick up each day.

Currently I've got Natsume's Book of Friends S2 for SoL/chill, Outlaw Star for action/fun and Witchcraft Works for magic/usual anime troupes.
Jan 8, 2021 2:25 AM
Jul 2018
isn't it better to stick to one or two anime?

I watch one anime at a time because I need to focus on the stuff that I am watching. It is easier for me to pay attention when I am watching one anime at a time because that way, I can be fully invested into just that one anime.

when you watch a finished anime, do you end it quickly or slowly? Are you the one that just watch one episode a day or end the anime in a few days? Does it depend on the genre?

The pace at which I watch anime depends primarily on the genre to which the anime that I am watching, belongs.
If it is an anime that involves intense brainstorming then I would take it slow to make sure I don't miss any details.
If it is a story driven anime that only expands in it plot as It goes on then I would try my best to watch it as quickly as possible to see what will happen next.
It depends on other factors too but at this time, the previously mentioned factors are the only ones coming to mind.
Jan 8, 2021 2:32 AM

Jun 2016
The max I can do for finished anime at once is 2, watching two episodes of each a day. Cause I do get anime burn.
The way I would do this is sticking to watching the episodes of one anime in the morning before school, and the other one really late at night before sleeping.
Counting in that I also watch about 2-3 seasonal anime.
☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
Jan 8, 2021 2:36 AM

May 2018
2 to 10 at once. It is convenient to choose what to watch right now depending on certain mood.
Rushing to finish a good show might be not so good idea. Taking it in smaller portions and staying with it for a bit longer could provide you with more enjoyment.

Jan 8, 2021 3:31 AM

Sep 2020
I can't binge watch anime like I use to. On an average day, I can watch a maximum of 6 episodes, recently I have only watched one episode a day. I also can't stand watching airing shows. I hate that I feel obligated to watch the newest episode during that week, sometimes I'm not in the mood to watch that specific anime. This causes me to wait until the seasonal anime and slowly watch it when I want to.

Damn, I'm a really incompetent anime viewer, fuck.
Jan 8, 2021 3:33 AM
♡( •ॢ◡-ॢ)✧˖° ♡

Dec 2014
I watch finished anime one at a time to bring best experience for me, then move on to another when done.

(っ◔◡◔)っ 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝔀𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓭𝓪𝔂 ♥
Jan 8, 2021 5:00 AM

May 2013
I would say I watch until I feel its too much anime for awhile and then have a short break and go back to Asian dramas. I bounce back between the two. Right now, I have been steadily watching anime for 2-3 months and I dont think Im going to take a break soon. There isn't anything interesting yet in Dramaland so I will stick with anime for awhile.

My pacing with anime is always fluid, after ep 1 go straight to ep 2 until I finish. There are certain instances where I have to stop watching and it could be because of: work, rest, cooking, chores. I live by myself so I also have to do other things. But other than that...my past time would be watching anime.

Jan 8, 2021 5:05 AM

Apr 2020
I watched detective conan for nearly 3 months only then for a change I completed like 20 and dropped 10 more anime and now watching conan again
Jan 8, 2021 5:10 AM

Sep 2020
Ehh I don't really like sticking to one or two anime because if I'm not in the mood to watch the ones I started I don't want to have to force myself to watch it.. I'd rather wait until I'm in the mood to watch that one and while I wait I just start new stuff.
Jan 8, 2021 5:12 AM

May 2020
I usually only watch 1 seasonal anime, the others are usually finished shows
Jan 8, 2021 5:22 AM

Feb 2019
idk, I usually only watch like 2-4 episodes of one show at a time, so if I watch 12 episodes in a day it will probably be across like 4 anime
Jan 8, 2021 5:24 AM

Dec 2015
If I'm watching a bad show, I can watch 1-2 eps or today or throw it up on a second monitor and watch some streamer while watching the shity Anime.

I following a lot of unfinished Chines Anime, I normaly wait a week or two before picking it up again, as they normaly release around 2-7 ep's a week.

When it comes to finish a season I normaly bringe watch everything.

Jan 8, 2021 5:33 AM

Dec 2014
I like to watch 2-3 finished shows at a time. I think 3 is a good number cause if you're not in the mood to watch one show you always have two others to fall back on and it's pretty easy to remember what's going on in each show if you only watch a couple of them at a time. On average though I only watch about 2-4 eps of each show per day, which goes for pretty much any genre.
Jan 8, 2021 5:35 AM

Oct 2019
I like to be invested in one anime (plus multiple ongoing seasonal anime). Maybe two or three if my schedule is free. I wouldn't go out of my way to try and juggle more than 4 non-seasonals or else it creates a backlog. I feel like the watching progress is slower if you watch too many simultaneously and I'd rather enjoy it each world one at a time, than be saturated with it.
Jan 8, 2021 5:53 AM
Demon Venerable

Apr 2018
brun_oisif said:
Over the past few months, I've found myself starting a lot of finished anime (not seasonal) at once. Even if everyone has their preferences, isn't it better to stick to one or two anime?
Another question, when you watch a finished anime, do you end it quickly or slowly? Are you the one that just watch one episode a day or end the anime in a few days? Does it depend on the genre?
My questions are out of curiosity.

I used to binge watch everything, even HxH(2011) took me something like 4 days, if I remember correctly. But I've never been watching several things at once. If I was bored with something, I just dropped it or rushed to finish. Today however, I am already functioning normally and it happens that I only watch 1-2 episodes per day, or even none at all. It also often happens that I watch several things at once. But it's either because I'm bored with something and I don't feel like dropping it, because I may return to it, or it is a seasonal anime, which I only watched halfway through(I often do that with those longer ones).
In my opinion it's always better to binge watch, because the enjoyment is just better. U remember everything correctly and u can properly join the world u r currently experiencing. Watching few things and sometimes even once a week is just fucking wasting in my opinion.
Jan 8, 2021 7:02 AM

Jan 2008
I watch a bunch of seasonals but for completed anime I'll binge watch.

I like to devote my entire time to a singular anime if it's available so I can immerse myself. Can't enjoy it as much if I'm dropping between two or more complete ones.
Jan 8, 2021 7:07 AM
Jul 2018
Depends on the show but I dont watch more than 2 animes at a time(seasonal animes are exceptional of course)
Jan 8, 2021 9:16 AM

Feb 2018
It's really random lolll, I keep changing all the time, whereas I used to just stick to one until I finished it..
Jan 8, 2021 10:34 AM

Apr 2016
I've always stuck to one anime at a time, because if I spread it out to be inclusive of 2 or more I'm likely to forget important plot details or just general things about both

More topics from this board

» Which big name anime(s) were you late watching or still haven't watched?

IpreferEcchi - 1 hour ago

6 by solacez »»
4 minutes ago

» Blu-ray is an outdated metric, Streaming services are the new standard

solacez - 2 hours ago

19 by ColourWheel »»
11 minutes ago

» Would you watch AI anime?

solacez - 2 hours ago

16 by JoySeeker »»
21 minutes ago

» Say, how does an anime look like on an HD CRT television from the early to mid 2000's or a rear projection TV manufactured around the same time period?

MaximumHolder500 - 1 hour ago

0 by MaximumHolder500 »»
1 hour ago

» What are your Anime Hot Takes

solacez - 3 hours ago

9 by solacez »»
1 hour ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.