Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Dec 24, 2020 6:50 AM
Feb 2019
although the plot was kinda of sometimes but this anime is really good, the messages behind it is also pretty strong overall i like it so it's kinda underrated in some way
Dec 24, 2020 4:21 PM

May 2018
Wlep, that's all folks......Overall, not my liking.
Dec 25, 2020 9:26 PM

Sep 2019
Really dissapointing anime, specially two last episodes.
Dec 26, 2020 9:24 AM
Jan 2019
This was a fucking amazing show, especially the last two episodes. I like it when it's episodic-like things that actually build up the setting and finally plot. I'm also disgusted by the rating of this on MAL but IG it's cos of the synopsis or something. I've given it a 9 but I'll prolly change it to an 8 in a week because the last two episodes were 10s

Edit - I totally understand a 7 cos some episodes were nice but not hype but the build-up and execution of last two eps was just two good.
Dec 27, 2020 4:41 PM

Jul 2017
Hm.. I love my Durarara and stuff similar to it, but this... i guess it was alright, but my expectations were a bit shattered.

In all honesty, for anime with concepts like this, i prefer a story that has a beginning, a middle and an end. This one was episodic and some of the cases were just pretty underwhelming, while others were a bit more interesting, so it was a mix of many things and wasn't exactly consistent enough to say it was a good show. Turned out to be one of the disappointments of this season.

6/10, could have been something terrific
Dec 27, 2020 6:27 PM

Jan 2018
I generally disliked the previous episodes which involved the gang heavily but I liked this last episode. I'm not sure why.
Dec 28, 2020 5:22 PM
Feb 2014
I enjoyed this anime. I wish it had a more steady story but it was still good. The ending felt way too happy and smooth. Makato assuming the guy would use the same gun felt way too "cartoonish" in the end. It was a pretty decent anime. Glad I decided to watch it
Dokia
Dec 28, 2020 5:24 PM
Feb 2014
ProofByColor said:
With the power of friendship we can stop all gang violence. Also not a single mother fucker used a gun in that big "gang war."

I expected someone in the yakuza to shoot and start a blood bath between the two gangs like a clique.
Dokia
Dec 28, 2020 5:28 PM
Feb 2014
Maou_heika said:
Someone was killed, we don't know the culprit but lets just attack anyone and everyone even normal citizens wearing blue or red and children as well. I've never liked gangs so the last two episodes were just horrible to watch. I only watched this because the serious took up some real issues in some of the episodes. Overall 5/10.

I mean this legit happens. You can be killed for wearing the colours or looking like someone from another gang. It's not far fetched per say.
Dokia
Dec 28, 2020 7:35 PM

Oct 2020
The ending was ok for an average series. The synopsis did a lot of unjust damage to this show if you ask me. When you hype up a show to be Durarara!! on steroids with gang violence and all that stuff, you get a lot of unmet expectations by the end of it.

I loved how it touched certain important aspects of our current society in some episodes, don't get me wrong. It was enjoyable overall, but it wasn't what I (and probably many others) expected. I couldn't help but feel really confused in the beginning since I couldn't understand wtf is the direction this show's going to. Still a fun ride after all though, after I accepted the episodic nature of it and how the synopsis was complete bs.

5/10
Dec 29, 2020 5:14 AM

Mar 2012
Dokia said:
Maou_heika said:
Someone was killed, we don't know the culprit but lets just attack anyone and everyone even normal citizens wearing blue or red and children as well. I've never liked gangs so the last two episodes were just horrible to watch. I only watched this because the serious took up some real issues in some of the episodes. Overall 5/10.

I mean this legit happens. You can be killed for wearing the colours or looking like someone from another gang. It's not far fetched per say.
I know that such things happen in the real world I was saying that I hate watching anything with gangs, yakuza or thugs because of these stupid people and their herd minded violence.
Dec 29, 2020 11:35 PM

Mar 2010
Isogai is a snake. Sad that Kyouchi had gotten a snake as his second in command.This is the case of a dumb evil person talking too much and giving all his plans away. The brief fight between King and Kyouchi was cool. So these gangs are children lmao.
Dec 31, 2020 12:28 AM

Mar 2020
May not be the best anime, but surely was enjoyable and worth watching to me, at least enough so that it got me to reply on its episode discussion topics lmao.
Dec 31, 2020 2:47 PM
A sandwich

Jul 2020
So, I'm not quite sure why I watched this other than the fact that it had very loose Durarara vibes.

The episodic nature instead of an overarching story, despite having morals somewhat, made it a drag to watch. The animation was decent I guess but most of the characters came across as one dimensional and bland. Also the ending was quite predictable and barely emotional. At least many of the hits in the fights were clean I suppose.

Overall, a "barely above bad" anime to me: 4.5/10
⠓⠥⠍⠁⠝⠊⠞⠽ ⠞⠓⠗⠕⠥⠛⠓ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠎⠞⠥⠏⠊⠙⠊⠞⠽⠂ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠺⠊⠇⠇ ⠎⠅⠊⠏ ⠺⠁⠎⠓⠊⠝⠛ ⠞⠓⠑⠊⠗ ⠓⠁⠝⠙⠎ ⠁⠝⠙ ⠑⠝⠙ ⠥⠏ ⠗⠥⠊⠝⠊⠝⠛ ⠊
⠞ ⠋⠕⠗ ⠑⠧⠑⠗⠽⠕⠝⠑
⠎⠓⠊⠊⠅⠕ ⠁⠕⠎⠕⠊⠂ ⠼⠃⠼⠚⠼⠁⠼⠓
Jan 1, 2021 10:52 PM

Oct 2008
Makoto can become a big time fixer! Since he has a lot of connections...
good thing Isogai has been done for! lolz
4/5.
7/10.

Jan 2, 2021 3:10 AM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
This episode made up a bit for the dumbness in the last one. Most of the gang members are uneducated, and easily manipulated. Kyouichi was still a bit dumb for falling for it, but whatever. At least he decided to longer be part of the gang and live a regular life (hopefully).

I was wrong about them finding Mitsuki, but I did like how they set up Isogai. Isogai made a dumb decision to tell everything to Makoto, though. Guess he's not much better than the gang members he looked down upon. He should've been more careful about Makoto the moment Makoto revealed that he knew Isogai was the mastermind. He also didn't check to see if Makoto actually died...a classic mistake.

Still, I liked how it ended, what Makoto said about how even though they sometimes hurt each other, they can also forgive. As well as telling them to think if there was any meaning to the fighting. And the ending line, "life goes on."

Overall, I really enjoyed the series. I didn't come in thinking that there was going to be an ongoing plot, so that might've helped. I liked the self-contained episodes, and many of them were of interesting topics. I can also see why this was boring or underwhelming for many people. It was right up my alley though. This was one the top series that I looked forward to each week this season ^^
Jan 8, 2021 2:10 PM

Mar 2016
This send off was awesome. They brought in all the cast shown throughout the show. Isogai was arrested. This goes to show that bullying is bad and that it doesn't always end well for either the victim or the perpetrator. In the end, it was a happy end for Ikebukuro👍
Jan 28, 2021 2:44 AM
Jan 2020
LIFE GOES ON, WITH IKEBUKORO BEING THE GREATEST. They way this show was ended was perfect, the war also was resolved very well, with very less casualties. Everyone survives at the end. Takashi is alive, thank you so much. And now since the Red Angels have disbanded, its up to Makoto to take care of them. The animation, sound, story, plot, music, ED/OP, characters, the fact that every episode was a new story, the perfect mix of genres all together makes me feel like this is a 10/10 show. I felt what IWGP was going for. All the emotional stories, the action, gangs, streets, burden, life… all these elements were so well displayed throughout the show. I cared for these characters. Did not want anyone to die off. A truly amazing and enjoyable experience of anime. Great job to the studios. Just one suggestion, I think the fights should not have been so short. Takashi, Shadow, Lead of Red Angels one shotted everyone.
Jan 28, 2021 5:58 AM
Feb 2020
Wow, i like this anime it discuss a lot of stuff that happens quite often but we don't pay attention to them(like the discrimination immigrants faces) but in the end i was quite disappointed because I came here for some gang activities but what i got was something else.
If only they had edited the Synopsis to what the anime tackles i think it'll be much more better and I wouldn't have rated it a 6/10
Feb 25, 2021 11:59 AM

Jul 2015
Takashi got one hell of a sturdy body. Makoto was a true mvp this whole series, stopping a whole gang war and saving multiple people's lives. Enjoyable series, while some cases could have been executed better, it was still interesting to see Makoto with some help solve the different kinds of societal issues.

Mar 6, 2021 8:11 PM

Aug 2011
Pretty decent series, with a better than expected ending.

I liked Makoto and he played the role of mediator to perfection. However, I have no idea how he thought he was hiding after the attack on King while wearing that big ass bunny on the back of his jacket; that was a dead giveaway, dude.

Scored 8/10
Jun 14, 2021 7:40 PM

Jun 2013
Not a bad show. But the entire time I was wondering about the "loved one" he lost? The wikipedia sheds some light about his girlfriend and stuff but either the show makers didn't include that part or it is yet to come.

Anyways, I liked the story and the characters but I wish there was more to it. I wanted to know Makoto's backstory and how he got into this mediating thing in the first place and what motivated him to do so despite the risks instead of some vague ideal of justice. I also wanted to know more about Kyouichi and Takashi. But we never got that part as the show was episodic from start to end. However, I didn't like how quickly they rushed the last episode.

Realistically speaking Makoto would be lucky if he lives past his 30s with the way he going about pissing off the dangerous kind of people with his justice.
Sep 14, 2021 11:13 PM

Aug 2018
Unkrowned said:
Takashi got one hell of a sturdy body. Makoto was a true mvp this whole series, stopping a whole gang war and saving multiple people's lives. Enjoyable series, while some cases could have been executed better, it was still interesting to see Makoto with some help solve the different kinds of societal issues.
alright i finish it, it was a very bad anime i want to give it a bad rating and say i finish it
Mar 8, 2022 11:20 PM
Jul 2014
So, we have anime which seemed like something different and episodic, but then turned into Tokyo Revengers 2.0?
Jul 3, 2023 8:48 AM
Apr 2023
perfect anime perfect ending
Aug 28, 2023 12:02 PM
Jul 2015
You guys dont know what gonna happened to girl kid if she successfully kill king

Good leader delinquent

I will grill that girl 🤣🤣🤣 seriously eps 1 & 12 has annoying dumb kid pestering adult tasks then sell their innocent nah i would not eat that

So Red angel repent by the leader disband bcs he knew the gang he picked up are not that angel mostly gang delinquent showing their powers to others without him realised

Thought mid man mc gonna gone bad ending he died and all the gang 2 died bcs killed each other thats the bad route ending

By stabber and mastermind winning 🤣

Since its midman pov the story slow burner so hard for people who hates drama n slow story type

Give 6.5
Sep 4, 2023 8:52 PM

Jan 2016
Man that one went from tackling normal issues to 100 real fast. It should’ve had some more buildup to the gang war. A lot of problems were talked about that aren’t brought in anime platforms. I thought it was quite enjoyable, but the summary should be different because this is definitely not what I thought it would be. 6.5/10 because King and Dancer boy was underutilized.

Oct 12, 2023 4:52 AM
Jan 2017
it was defs an interesting watch, havent watch a anime about gangs in a while , this anime is actually pushing me to give K project a try which is also suppose to be a good gang rivalry anime.

Even tho I enjoyed it, I dont see myself rewatching this in the futur, it lacked some depht in most epiosdes , none the less was fun watching the MC fixing others propblems and the dude connectings where insane .

solid 6/10 from me.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ikebukuro West Gate Park Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 15, 2020

37 by Feary7 »»
Dec 24, 2023 9:17 AM

» I've heard the drama is a better adapatation of the novel. Are there any viewers of it out here ?

clomapni - Dec 22, 2020

6 by neonkirsche »»
Nov 7, 2023 5:52 PM

» live action IWGP

removed-user - Dec 8, 2019

17 by mdo7 »»
Nov 7, 2023 7:58 AM

Poll: » Ikebukuro West Gate Park Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 6, 2020

147 by Rithic »»
Aug 31, 2023 9:34 PM

Poll: » Ikebukuro West Gate Park Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 8, 2020

51 by senekohan »»
Aug 28, 2023 10:24 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.