Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Fruits Basket Collector's Edition
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Sep 19, 2020 10:46 PM

Nov 2012
I wish they had more info on Machi sooner. It seems pointless in the 2nd to last episode.

Loved hearing Yuki say/think he was never coming back. Akito lost it because Yuki no longer feelsv sad & lonely.

I can't figure Shigure out. I thought I knew his character until the latter half of the season. "Akito should teach them a lesson"???? WTH does that mean!

Tellatez said:

I hope people noticed that Kana's photo on Hatori's desk is gone looks like he moved on and I sensed a bit of Jealousy from him when he thought Shigure and Mayu got back together.

I noticed the empty frame, but didn't recall what had been in it. Thanks
Sep 20, 2020 12:27 AM

Aug 2015
dragynfaerie said:
I can't figure Shigure out. I thought I knew his character until the latter half of the season. "Akito should teach them a lesson"???? WTH does that mean!

That was actually a mistranslation. See this reddit thread for more explanation on what he actually said: https://www.reddit.com/r/anime/comments/ispo1r/fruits_basket_season_2_episode_24_discussion/g59l5dg/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x&context=3
Sep 20, 2020 1:11 AM
May 2019
dragynfaerie said:
I wish they had more info on Machi sooner. It seems pointless in the 2nd to last episode.

It isn't pointless because we still have a whole third season. Fruits Basket is 23 Volumes and 136 chapters long. Currently we are around volumes 16/17 and a little shy of chapter 100 (+four chapters that were skipped earlier and will likely be adapted at some point in Season 3). So we still have a ways to go yet, and that means there is still time for Machi to grow and change as a character too.
Sep 20, 2020 3:07 PM

Apr 2018
Really wanted to learn more about Machi and this ep just gave that opportunity. They looked so happy celebrating together besides the fact that Akito had to ruin the mood by what Yuki said.
Sep 20, 2020 9:13 PM

Jan 2019
I feel like Tohru's wish speaks to how the series stakes have been raised- going from two cousins getting along one year to an eternal curse being broken.

And yet the series doesn't feel like its jumped the shark. Hell, it doesn't even feel like its changed that much- because that change was so gradual and organic.

Fruits Basket never fails to impress me.
Sep 20, 2020 10:53 PM
Sep 2020
I'm thinking of why isn't episode 25 available on Internet yet? Or am I waiting on the wrong day?
Sep 21, 2020 3:52 AM
Feb 2018
I really liked this episode because of Machi! I hope to see more of Yuki and Her!
Sep 21, 2020 9:27 PM

Sep 2018
Machi slowly grows on me. I understand her on "invisible" thingy. Me too felt that, I always feel invisible to other people >,< I'm boring and dull too :(

I can't wait to see the curse broken. I really hate Akito! 
Sep 22, 2020 10:00 AM

May 2015
The message at the end is really dangerous, especially considering the target audience is middle school girls. It's shit like this that makes people commit suicide, and I know what I'm talking about.
Sep 26, 2020 10:29 AM

Nov 2012
Albaer said:
dragynfaerie said:

That was actually a mistranslation. See this reddit thread for more explanation on what he actually said: https://www.reddit.com/r/anime/comments/ispo1r/fruits_basket_season_2_episode_24_discussion/g59l5dg/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x&context=3

Thanks! That makes so much more sense.
Oct 11, 2020 6:43 PM

May 2013
Yuki and Machi arguing though ^-^ hehe.
Also Yuki and Kakeru-- such good friends C:
it makes me happy for Yuki-kun <3 he deserves it. Lively interaction in his life~

Speaking of lively.
Aya carrying Yuki princess style xD lmfaoooo, love him so much XD

Hatori stripping off his dance costume was so erotic XDDD thanks for the fanservice, Furuba animation team LOL.
Oct 13, 2020 11:48 PM

Oct 2007
did Machi seriously sleep in the school uniform she wore for the day? Hopefully, she wore a new one in their party next day.

nice, Momoji was able to deliver the cd to Kureno, I hope he watch it.

Akito is good at the job of being an abomination. Nothing new.

Tohru swinging her "pom-poms" at Kyo is kawaii. :)
Oct 25, 2020 12:46 PM

Aug 2017
From what I could understand, Machi noticed that Yuki felt empty although he was surrounded by many people and now he feels that he opened his heart to others. Sadly, Akito realized that Yuki changed and that's why she attacked him.

It looks like the last episode but there's one more!

Apant_124 said:
Kisa1208 said:
So I don’t complain much about translations... but that last line from Shigure, I’m really hoping that was a mistake by Crunchyroll and not a line change in the Japanese. I think it totally changes the meaning of what he’s wanting to say there.

It was a Really bad sub translation (which is not unusual for fruits basket's sub unfortunately)

What shigure meant to say at this scene was "If only Akito could understand too"
And he definitely did NOT meant to say "akito should teach them a lesson"

Like that's the complete opposite !!!

Lmao, I thought there was something weird there, so it was a bad sub translation!
NurguburuOct 25, 2020 12:53 PM
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Oct 31, 2020 2:01 PM

Apr 2018
dragynfaerie said:

Loved hearing Yuki say/think he was never coming back. Akito lost it because Yuki no longer feelsv sad & lonely.

I couldn't figure Shigure out either until I found out it was mistranslated. Phew.

Oct 31, 2020 2:03 PM

Apr 2018
I feel like I can relate to Machi... I've been feeling like nothing's interesting and I have been perceived as a dull person.
I'm glad that Yuki is trying to get along with Machi.

Akito never fails to disappoint me... Always pissing me off. Ugh.
Oct 31, 2020 11:00 PM

Nov 2012
[quote=6AMDiary message=61038812]
dragynfaerie said:

I couldn't figure Shigure out either until I found out it was mistranslated. Phew.

I was relieved when I found out it was mistranslated. I was afraid I had him all wrong...for almost 20 years!
Mar 7, 2021 9:53 AM

May 2016
Why does Akito ruin everything??? One episode to go :D
Mar 25, 2021 5:16 AM

Jun 2019
I ship Yuki x Machi.
May 2, 2021 2:35 PM

Mar 2010
A swift passage way to the new year, but damn this is starting to hit the fan. Only a few more characters to move forward and things should be patching up soon. And damn can't wait to see how things will turn out.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
May 4, 2021 8:02 AM

Dec 2020
some content on machi !! just a little tho so im excited to see some more on the next season. and that ending fuckin shit akito's insane man
Jun 1, 2021 7:33 AM

Apr 2020
Machi is finally gaining a development, nice

Just realized that Ritsu's getting left behind. He needs more screentime; he's being forgotten

So New Year is gonna be the finale? Sounds cool
Jun 9, 2021 10:05 AM
Mar 2021
As we reach the end of the season I still have one major question, what are Shigure's motives for keeping Tohru around. He's made is abundantly clear that she's not there just out of the kindness of his heart, but he has different reasons for keeping her around.
selenia13Jun 9, 2021 10:09 AM
Aug 7, 2021 1:35 PM

Jul 2021
Liking the Yuki×Machi development. The whole argument about maple leaf was cute and funny. It's honestly refreshing to see Yuki smile and constantly trying to do better.

Akito had to ruin everything. Come to think of it we didn't see much conversation between kureno and akito. What if kureno is his/her weakness? Would be funny to see him dump akitos ass after watching the play. Whats shigure gonna do, he was talking about lessons and stuff.
Sep 11, 2021 3:22 PM

Jul 2015
Nice seeing Machi opening up and also Yuki no longer wanting to blame others thereby becoming a purer person whom Akito could only dream of becoming.

On a sidenote I'm glad to have read online that Shigure's last line after Haru leaves of "Akito should teach them a lesson" is a mistranslation of the suppossed "If only Akito could understand too" because otherwise that would be quite the dark twist in Shigure's character.

Dec 15, 2021 11:38 AM

Dec 2007
so we got machi, normal non-zodiac character, but definitely much more interesting than most of the zodiac family lol. she broke my heart, lol.

yuki sure had grew a lot on this season, and in me too.

akito is just freak. lol
Sep 18, 2022 2:07 PM

Jan 2008
Machi turning the leaf that Yuki gave her into a bookmark is too cute.

Yuki's growth is so satisfying to see. The look he had in his eyes was similar to a look Kureno had at one point. Hmm.
Mar 27, 2023 12:10 AM
Nov 2020
Maki might be my favorite character in the show. Seeing her change just a little makes me happy.
May 27, 11:42 AM

Apr 2017
I mean, I do like the romance of Tohru x Kyo and Rin x Haru. Though Machi x Yuki. I'm sorry, but they do nothing for me.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fruits Basket 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 15, 2020

114 by TheStarscream759 »»
Sep 16, 6:11 PM

Poll: » Fruits Basket 2nd Season Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 8, 2020

125 by TheStarscream759 »»
Sep 15, 6:47 PM

Poll: » Fruits Basket 2nd Season Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 21, 2020

241 by SenChen »»
Sep 15, 1:31 PM

Poll: » Fruits Basket 2nd Season Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 1, 2020

178 by TheStarscream759 »»
Sep 14, 7:25 PM

Poll: » Fruits Basket 2nd Season Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 24, 2020

143 by SenChen »»
Sep 1, 2:29 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.