Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 15, 2020 10:33 AM

Dec 2017
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
a pretty standard rescue operation. they go in, shit goes wrong unexpectedly and they show their capabilities as heroes. not that i expected anything amazing from a training ona. looks like ep 2 will get even more dangerous with the mall being filled with water
Aug 15, 2020 11:07 AM
Jan 2019
Are these episodes canon?
Aug 15, 2020 11:08 AM

Dec 2017
Funnyshii said:
Are these episodes canon?
if you're asking if this was in the manga, the answer is no
Aug 15, 2020 11:18 AM
Feb 2020
I really don’t get what the point of making a training arc set back in season 3 is, it’s not like the next season is going to be short on training content. This was kind of a drag to get through.
Aug 15, 2020 1:17 PM
May 2019
Despite where it's set it has the OP/ED for late season 4. Should probably be attached to that instead...
Aug 15, 2020 2:30 PM

Aug 2018
I don’t think the episode was bad or such but I thought the animation was on the bad side and it looked like the art style had changed a little from its usual?

๔๏ภՇ єשєг... Ŧ๏гﻮєՇ ค๒๏ยՇ ๓є.
Aug 15, 2020 2:37 PM

May 2018
Gieog_ said:
I don’t think the episode was bad or such but I thought the animation was on the bad side and it looked like the art style had changed a little from its usual?

I'm assuming that people are still working from home, and I may be overthinking, but I felt that face shapes and the eyes were a little off?
Aug 15, 2020 2:54 PM
Apr 2020
Gieog_ said:

The art style used is quite similar to the one used in heroes rising.
Personally, I like the new art style more.
Aug 15, 2020 3:35 PM

Dec 2016
Iida looks badly hurt :( I believe in everyone to rescue our dear classmate and get out of there safely! After all this, Iida should receive a gold medal of honor for saving Yaororozu's life :D

Kaminari's crazy for using his high volts to turn the power back on. Take it easy! XD It would be very troublesome if he burn the cables.

More trouble coming up... Can't wait to watch the next episode :3

[*]My Completed List
[*]♪Listen ►
[/list][/left]
Aug 15, 2020 7:18 PM

Nov 2016
I'm kind of disappointed that they only focused on Team A. I know they are the main characters, but I wanted to see how Team B would perform too. (Refering to when Aizawa split the class into two groups of 10.)
Aug 15, 2020 7:51 PM

Jul 2016
Team A and Team B's members are so unbalanced in terms of quality it's almost laughable xD

Standard yet rather enjoyable first episode overall. It seems it will be 100% rescue training with no villains intromission so I look forward to seeing how our heroes will handle the situation while taking care of Iida.
SouthRzVaAug 15, 2020 7:59 PM
Aug 15, 2020 7:57 PM

Dec 2016
So excited to see the next episode!

That said, now I'm wondering about Group B... are they in another building doing the same training? or maybe they were secretly assigned to rescue Group A? Well I don't know but guess I will find out soon.
Aug 15, 2020 10:48 PM

Sep 2018
"Stop dragging your feet, damn it. I'll kill you!" *Edgy, menacing face*

Holy crap, Bakugo is so lame. Worst character ever?
Aug 16, 2020 9:58 AM

May 2018
Disappointed. The first two OVAs were nothing special but still felt more fun than this two-part new one. I think the main culprit is the duration, there's not much and it's also stretched over 40 minutes, with a very slow pacing.

Aizawa and the UA staff at large feel more irresponsible than usual towards their students, even more jarring when you consider this is set shortly after the events that led to Kamino Ward. I could believe Cementoss caused the collapses and was ready to intervene in the worst cases but there are no indications about that and it was still extremely dangerous, and handwaved with Aizawa vaguely telling he knew what to do in the worst case (...flee the country?).

The small teams the group was split into made sense but at the same time they could've broken out from the "safe" Midoriya-Uraraka-Asui and Bakugo-Kirishima-Kaminari trios. Also while I didn't pretend to see relevant roles for the students of Team B, at least having them as extras, or showing small scenes of what they were doing in the meantime? This not counting that at first, I expected Team A to be done within the first part and the second to be dedicated to Team B...

It's got some fun interactions and teamwork and not much else; some of the character development is nice but also noting new as it's set in the middle of Season 3. If you were looking for something to satiate your hunger for animated MHA before Season 5 this will do, but I found it only a relatively large yet bland appetizer.

Aug 16, 2020 1:54 PM

Jun 2009
Nice thought it would be some kind of review for the training camp but it was quiet amazing as it tuned out :)
hyped for the next season too be aired
Aug 17, 2020 4:48 AM

Jul 2017
This OVA would've benefitted better being Season 3's OVA, to have Season 4's OST just doesn't feel very fitting at all. To boot, this looks all the same like Season 2's OVA, but I'd enjoy that one over this any day, just felt very generic and being too safe a standard for a Shounen series.

Preparation for the Provisional Exam of Class 1-A by yet ANOTHER training of saving people, splitting into 2 teams of 10, really punching the point that everyone has a part to play.

Part 1 here focusing on Ilda's group Team A...just everyone in exchange for time and plot to drag its own feet. Ouch to Ilda sustaining the most damage out of everyone and "attempting" a rescue out of him, and the joke's on Kaminari and Bakugo for creating a bland joke.

Onto Part 2...and talk about saving from a potential basement flood.
Aug 17, 2020 10:56 AM
May 2014
Wow that was bad..
Aug 17, 2020 9:49 PM

Oct 2017
Seemed like this would be fun at start but it became boring later. The character design was quite sloppy and funny.

Saving a guy from under a damaged building and wow looks like it's getting flooded to boot. The hurdle just got higher.
Aug 20, 2020 1:29 AM

May 2009
secretlygreatly said:
is there an episode before this that i was supposed to watch? why is Ilda knocked out, is this in media res?

I doesn't matter, it's complete waste of time filler.
Aug 20, 2020 11:20 AM

Mar 2019
Tsuyu chan was cute i guess, not much worth seeing here.
Aug 21, 2020 11:43 PM

May 2010
Is it just me or Deku's voice changed a bit? I mean I know it's the same VA but the tone of his voice kinda changed a bit? lololol
Aug 22, 2020 9:01 PM
Dec 2018
I'm probably not going to watch episode 2 for a week, but good to see I'm not the only one feeling as if the animation is weird.(The first time Dark Shadow appeared on screen, he was stationary and flat) I felt like the trio of Tsyu, Midorya, and Ochacco worked. Along with Bakugo's trio. But I feel as if Todoroki and Tokoyami are just here. The drama with Dark Shadow just felt kind of forced. In the end, I don't understand what they are here for. I like the teamwork with Izuku's team too, along with Bakugo's. But it felt bland. It was a series of events with little impact. I liked the previous OVA because they had some interesting tension going on. This one is lacking in any sort of tension to keep me engaged. If they wanted us to be engaged with the characters, I would of prefer a more slice of life dorm ova. Hell, with COVID going around a simple dorm episode might have been a better option animation wise.
Sep 25, 2020 11:41 PM
Feb 2019
I'm watching this before finishing the provisional license arc in season 3 because it's supposed to take place before that but it feels weird to do so since this is newer and the animation and tone are different, and the characterizations seem to be current rather than season 3, almost a spoiler.

Why does All Might nearly explode in the OP, what the heck. He needs to stop doing whatever that was. It's horrifying.

Denki is more of an idiot than usual this ep. Bakugo had a good plan.

Midoriya has an All Might Funko Pop on his bookshelf in the ED. I feel like that actually exists and I've seen it around Walmart and Game Stop. Lol.
Dec 25, 2020 8:31 AM

Mar 2019
Interesting OVA/ONA. Now I really want to watch season 5. Just come already, please.
Come on man,where is that Noragami season 3 masterpiece.We want it, Bones!

May 15, 2021 9:40 PM

Jun 2020
Omg the Shout Baby ED is SO good. So much to see in the visuals & Kirishima with his hair down is so cute!!!!!! I haven’t seen season 4 yet & I’m here after season 3.

Bakugou being Bakugou as always♡

And I feel like he has a soft spot for Kaminariㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

Deku n Uraraka bein cute. All Todoroki & Tokoyami scenes just remind me of Eren and Reiner all the time lollllol

but i’ll probably remember over and over again
you were there and everyone else was there
— the day we all searched for just one thing

Aug 10, 2021 2:32 AM
Feb 2015
Confused too.... I just watched this after S3
Oct 3, 2021 6:45 AM
Aug 2015
I liked the opening and ending here
Nov 3, 2021 2:41 AM

Apr 2021
Well...Not a bad episode more like it's a typical MHA episode...Only this time it's an ONA but anyways...I really liked both the OP and ED....however this time OP < ED :D

They all are managing somehow down there(In the underground Mall)...Looking forward to the next episode :)
Joel77Nov 3, 2021 2:44 AM
Dec 5, 2021 1:24 PM
EOussama

Dec 2016
Out of tall of them, seeing Bakugo do some good really is wholesome.
Jun 5, 2022 12:53 PM

Feb 2015
It's mainly entertainment. I don’t think using Tokoyami was a good idea, maybe it was better if he stayed in the surface. In the end, this is only training.
Jul 10, 2022 6:27 AM

Apr 2013
Nice, more MHA is always welcome. I want moar Deku/Ochako moments. Surprised people did not enjoy this episode.
Jul 25, 2022 6:47 PM

Jun 2014
This training mission is getting much more difficult than they realized.

Can they save the "victim," and escape as well?

Dec 20, 2022 9:26 PM

Nov 2012
idunno how I missed these specials but finally getting to em
I have a third testicle that gives me psychic powers
Apr 4, 8:59 PM

Jul 2008
A rescue race against time....what could go wrong?
Jul 18, 3:15 PM
Apr 2023
It was alright. Still fun with everybody but this episode was just kind of boring as bad at selling the stakes, didn’t feel like anything dangerous was happening (and it felt very exposition like, and I’m not a fan of blatant exposition episodes).

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia: Ikinokore! Kesshi no Survival Kunren Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

uninstallthegame - Aug 15, 2020

59 by ToG25thBaam »»
Sep 16, 6:42 PM

» Is it canon ?

x-comber - Aug 3, 2020

25 by Gaichi »»
Mar 13, 2021 6:40 AM

» Will many people like it?

JetStreamSam001 - Aug 3, 2020

8 by DojimaNoRyu »»
Sep 13, 2020 8:22 PM

» How are both episodes done airing before the airing date started?

Sagara_Asakura - Aug 15, 2020

2 by davidyodo24 »»
Aug 16, 2020 1:14 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.