Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jul 28, 2019 4:42 PM

Jul 2019
AddaeAkono said:
Dolabella said:
this is definitely my aots right now (cop craft close second). the characters just feel so natural! self-expression is a common theme in fiction but i'm looking forward to seeing how this anime pulls it off.

also, does anyone else think mafuyu might be autistic? i noticed he has a couple of ticks, like the "no fizzy drinks" being a sensitivity, having difficulty showing/interpreting emotions, not making much eye contact, and not understanding expressions. thoughts?

I thought Mafuyu was just an airhead, but he does show some autistic traits like not picking up on social cues.

I think it maybe somewhere in the middle. The shyness, aloofness, and not picking up on social cues is a common theme/trope throughout anime/manga. I think our kindhearted Mafuyu had all the aforementioned traits but not to the extreme degree he is now.

I believe whatever happened before this series started may have also impacted Mafuyu mentally and emotionally. Extreme physical and psychological trauma has been known to change peoples personalities - to the point they are no longer recognizable to their previous personality imprints.

The story would be even better if he did have some form of autism and it was addressed in the story. It would be a great way to bring awareness and normalize stigmas around autism. That would be some groundbreaking territory!!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 28, 2019 8:16 PM

Dec 2018
Dolabella said:
this is definitely my aots right now (cop craft close second). the characters just feel so natural! self-expression is a common theme in fiction but i'm looking forward to seeing how this anime pulls it off.

also, does anyone else think mafuyu might be autistic? i noticed he has a couple of ticks, like the "no fizzy drinks" being a sensitivity, having difficulty showing/interpreting emotions, not making much eye contact, and not understanding expressions. thoughts?

I dont know how to say this and dont give you spoilers, but his odd personality right now might be because of previous results of a tragedy that he had been as it showed at some Mafuyu's flashbacks as the one whilst he attented a funeral of someone really especial for him
Jul 28, 2019 8:24 PM

Dec 2018
lol gladly im not the only one who's starting to notice how cringy and comical it is this "angelical" portrait of Mafuyu's voice. They really tried to show as a exuberant tone but it seems wacky, it would be better if he was humming beats instead of these weird lalala lmao.
Jul 29, 2019 2:35 AM

Mar 2018
chewyycat said:
It’s sad that this show has such a low rating. Everyone who watches it REALLY loves it. I think people give it a low score just because it’s shounen ai.
Low? It has a rating close to 8 and this has not yet been 9 or 10 material. I think it is rated just fine.
Jul 29, 2019 9:39 AM

Mar 2014
Aaaah this show is so underrated, I swear it gets better with every episode. I like the slow pace and how different and refreshing it feels compared to most shonen ai.

Uenoyama googling how to talk to someone after you were rejected was so funny. Also I think Haruki might have a crush on Akihiko based on some scenes like the beginning of the episode.
Can't wait to see how Mafuyu joining the band will play out :D
Jul 30, 2019 3:16 AM

Aug 2018
Pretty good episode
Jul 30, 2019 10:03 AM

Jul 2013
This episode was the kick off to becoming something great. We're actually finding more out about sato. He's such a mysteries character right and they've only more to wonder about which was at a good time. Im glad i picked this one up and can't wait for me boy love :3
Jul 30, 2019 10:38 AM
Jan 2019
Every episode has been great. It’s been slow, but not boring, taking time to get to know the characters. Ritsuka is adorable and seeing him develop feelings is freaking melting my heart. I feel like this show is going to give me diabetes but I really don’t mind.
Jul 30, 2019 12:08 PM

May 2008
stand said:
For me the characters come across way better here than the source.
It's probably because of the slower more methodical approach, which doesn't work for all anime.
La la part is too awkward though I can't listen to it lol.

Same, I feel so much secondhand embarrassment when he starts singing...
Jul 30, 2019 5:11 PM
Dec 2017
Oh my gosh... I really love the communication thing they had going on in this episode. I can't wait to find out more about Mafuyu. Not only did him running away show us how he thinks, it also may have given (lol) us a small detail about what happened in the past.

Also, I can see why some people think the "lala" sounds awkward. I like the sound of his voice though...
Sakurai_AoiJul 30, 2019 5:15 PM
Jul 31, 2019 8:42 AM

Aug 2008
loli have no issue with the lala part :)))
The spider is watching
Jul 31, 2019 6:03 PM

Jul 2011
The lalala took me off guard but now I'm even more eager to hear the actual lyrics.

Eiralyndel said:
So not only does this show have Kageyama, Hinata, Tsukki and Asahi, but there's also Akaashi and Kenma? :O I mean, that guy approaching the black-blond guy (Kenma?) at the end was clearly Akaashi >:O

The artist is an amazing Haikyuu doujin artist, you should read them if you haven't. As soon a blondie came on I was like "that's obviously Kenma" but I didn't notice the similaries between Hinata-Kageyama and Mafuyu-Uecchi until now. Probably because Mafuyu's personality is the complete opposite of Hinata, poor boy :(
Aug 1, 2019 9:18 AM

Jul 2016
sladhaugd said:
Ah, I love the Arctic Monkeys references.

I was about to say that! Reminds me of Carole & Tuesday references.

And next: Fluorescent Adolescent. :)
Aug 2, 2019 12:54 AM
Mob Character C

Oct 2009
I really like Haruki. OTL

Since my brother's a musician, I really kinda wanna have him watch this show. ;o;

I did break down and read the manga. I'm ready. ;o;; But now I have to try to make sure I'm not typing about something that's in the manga but not the episode yet on accident.;;

Enjoy your anime! | Witch Cafe Wisteria
Aug 3, 2019 10:33 PM

Oct 2017
I loved the scream scene from Ritsuka, I even felt the same as he about Mafuyu's feelings.
-¡Give yourself to me!
Aug 5, 2019 8:02 AM

Nov 2018
I just noticed the ending song is by their band. Thought this in previous episodes too but I like our main ship.
Aug 15, 2019 2:24 PM
Mar 2019
This is the most relatable Mafuyu has been in three episodes. Need more of this and less focus on pushing yaoi characteristics simply for the sake of being yaoi
Aug 15, 2019 4:27 PM

Nov 2016
Another really good episode. Mafuyu is definitely the kind of guy you wanna protect, can't wait to learn more about him.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Aug 16, 2019 4:57 PM

Sep 2014
Oh God not the LA LA LA again >_>

« »
🔮 Tojo Nozomi
Washi Washi
Sep 2, 2019 8:12 PM

Aug 2017
Mafuyu reminds me of myself when I was a teenager.

I'm officially onboard with this show. This is better than Bloom into You.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Sep 14, 2019 1:48 PM

Dec 2016
I've been wondering since I saw the previous episode, but Mafuyu's voice actor, reminded me of Yuki Kaji. Their voice are similar somehow :P Anyways, great episode!
Oct 26, 2019 5:50 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
His voice is so ridiculous hahaha
Oct 26, 2019 11:38 AM

Mar 2019
his voice is awful wtf
characters are terrible
hate this
Aug 23, 2020 3:48 PM
Aug 2020
sunsetocean said:
Oh God not the LA LA LA again >_>

IKRRR i actually cry from laughing so hard when he start la la la la laing it's just so awful lmao :'D
Jan 15, 2021 11:32 AM

Mar 2019
mafuyu's character is explored more. he says he doesn't know how to react to things like everyone else can? also we also get a little bit of his past. im pretty interested in his backstory and who yuki is.

the LALALALA is killing me
Mar 20, 2021 7:36 AM
Mar 2021
Overall, I loved this episode, we saw Mafuyu get a job and the concert venue, which I think they are going to perform at a lot, and he finally accepted the band invite. I really enjoyed the tense moments between Uenoyama and Mafuyu, and I'm very intrigued about his past, obviously, someone died who was very important to Mafuyu and he's still affected by it even today.
May 13, 2021 1:21 PM

Aug 2011
Sato seems like he has trauma from what happened in the past and is now in a almost constant state of dissociation/numbing out. I'm excited to watch more to see how joining the band will help his healing and getting past that traumatic experience!
desu desu binches
Jun 4, 2021 4:13 PM

Jan 2021
Poor Mafuyu. (T_T)
Dec 8, 2021 2:32 PM
Dec 2017
another really nice episode

Mar 4, 2022 4:50 PM

May 2015
Everyone in this show is such a goddamn mess, but I mean that endearingly.

Anyway, still a little stale for me, and I still can’t take Sato’s singing seriously. Still better than the other shounen ai anime I’ve seen. Probably. Idk I barely remember anything from Yuri! On Ice, so it probably wasn’t that great. Well, hopefully they pick up the pace a little bit. It feels very Your Lie In April, which isn’t necessarily a bad thing, I suppose. So far I’ve given every episode a 3/5. Eh, I guess I’ll give this one a 4/5, actually.
"It's a tragic misunderstanding that could have been easily avoided if he just finished his sentence in time!"

— Richard Watterson (The Amazing World of Gumball)
Jul 28, 2022 3:22 AM

Jun 2021
Now i understands more the way he talks , it's not a disorder but mbye some feelings that prevents him from saying what he has on his mind. Anyways i see improvements now, and a bit more about his past. I don't know who but both of them reminds me of someone.
Oct 15, 2022 2:19 PM

Dec 2007
It seems like Sato is autistic. Am I the only one who thinks that?
Jun 3, 2023 11:55 AM
Jun 2023
It was alright. I really like the development they're giving Sato.
Jul 23, 2023 6:59 PM
May 2023
Its fun to see them try to figure out how to like each other
Dec 14, 2023 2:18 PM
May 2021
I like Mafuyu's voice but I'm so sorry I cringe so much when he sings la la la
Jan 23, 12:01 PM
Jan 2024
:):):):):):):):):):):):)
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Given Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Tubby - Jul 18, 2019

114 by Antoinn »»
May 21, 12:52 PM

Poll: » Given Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Gardevoir101 - Sep 19, 2019

134 by Keia_ »»
May 11, 3:33 PM

Poll: » Given Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Tubby - Jul 11, 2019

169 by JacobRules »»
May 1, 9:43 AM

» I'm a straight guy, can I watch it?

removed-user - Oct 29, 2023

36 by NekoCats »»
Mar 2, 8:27 PM

Poll: » Given Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Gardevoir101 - Sep 5, 2019

249 by Craneface »»
Jan 9, 1:06 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.