Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
High School DxD (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Feb 25, 2019 6:04 AM

May 2016
As it written in article in this website that season 5 is coming later this year or next year, I don't know if this wepsite is legit or not, so what are think guys, I know it's old article but maybe there still a hope for season 5 👀
https://www.tvseasonspoilers.com/anime/highschool-dxd-season-5-release-date-plot-2405/
LoliSenpai0xFeb 25, 2019 6:11 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 25, 2019 6:25 AM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
Lol nope, its pretty much the only site that says there's a season 5.
No legit sources like AnimeNewsNetwork, Crunchyroll or MAL says that there's a season 5 coming.
Feb 28, 2019 2:55 AM
Jan 2019
Let's hope it is have 5 season.
Mar 4, 2019 5:54 AM
Jul 2014
I hope not, couldn't stand new animation and art style, had to drop "Hero" after 5 episodes. Previous seasons looked cool but this one is terrible :/
Mar 9, 2019 10:34 AM
Feb 2016
Jagodinho said:
I hope not, couldn't stand new animation and art style, had to drop "Hero" after 5 episodes. Previous seasons looked cool but this one is terrible :/

Yeah I feel you there. It took me forever to actually finish the show and that was heartbreaking. I'm hoping the author changes to a better studio if the rumors of him switching again are true, given how Passione is already busy with other shows and the fact that they messed up DxD with season 4 to an extent
Swag_AkatsukiMar 10, 2019 4:19 PM
Mar 10, 2019 12:01 PM
Jun 2014
Supersky said:
I'm hoping the author changes to a better studio if the rumors of him switching again are true, given how Passion is already busy with other shows and the fact that they messed up DxD with season 4 to an extent

God bless this words.
My respect, lads. Can't even make it through ep 0. I saw this whole "thing" and just... fast forward/delete/delete from trash bin.
Mar 29, 2019 7:41 AM
Jan 2018
What was the actual Problem with the animation I could only tell that the faces where off . Everything else seemed fine
Mar 29, 2019 7:42 AM
Jan 2018
Blackraven6 said:
Supersky said:
I'm hoping the author changes to a better studio if the rumors of him switching again are true, given how Passion is already busy with other shows and the fact that they messed up DxD with season 4 to an extent

God bless this words.
My respect, lads. Can't even make it through ep 0. I saw this whole "thing" and just... fast forward/delete/delete from trash bin.

Epiosde 0 was a retcon anyway
Mar 30, 2019 1:59 PM
Feb 2016
Mattinator95 said:
Blackraven6 said:

God bless this words.

Well it failed to perk my interests in the series again. I rather have the heartbreaking fight in Born rather than a boob song outta nowhere. It's just becoming more of a joke, and I know DxD is meant to be funny but that just felt really off and outta place
Mar 31, 2019 2:51 AM
Jan 2018
Supersky said:
Mattinator95 said:

Well it failed to perk my interests in the series again. I rather have the heartbreaking fight in Born rather than a boob song outta nowhere. It's just becoming more of a joke, and I know DxD is meant to be funny but that just felt really off and outta place

You do realize that song was in born Right 😂 . And it wasn't the stuidos decsion that all down to ishi . He made them follow the LN
Mar 31, 2019 3:33 AM
Feb 2016
Mattinator95 said:
Supersky said:

You do realize that song was in born Right 😂 . And it wasn't the stuidos decsion that all down to ishi . He made them follow the LN

It's been a while since I watched the ending and compared it to Born ok. MY memory on that season is stlll a little fuzzy
Jun 28, 2019 2:24 AM
May 2019
I hope high school dxd have season 5
Jan 14, 2021 1:25 PM
Aug 2019
I hope that there is a new season, but i doubt.
The light novel creator died in 2019 RIP, and i like the art style of DxD Hero, is better than the first 3, and the history was better adapted from what i heard.
Jan 14, 2021 1:32 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
PlayerUzumaki said:
The light novel creator died in 2019 RIP, and i like the art style of DxD Hero, is better than the first 3, and the history was better adapted from what i heard.
False, he's still alive. (he even posted yesterday on his Twitter account lmao.)
Jan 14, 2021 1:35 PM

Jul 2020
PlayerUzumaki said:

Lmao what are you talking about?Where did you heard the news?He's alive.

Scordolo's Recent Reviews
To your eternity
Vanitas no Karte
Jan 14, 2021 2:05 PM
Aug 2019
DatRandomDude said:
PlayerUzumaki said:
False, he's still alive. (he even posted yesterday on his Twitter account lmao.)
wait what, now i'm confused, he is alive ?
But the chances of a new season is low, ecchi like DxD in this days would be painfull to make.
Jan 14, 2021 2:17 PM
Aug 2019
PlayerUzumaki said:
DatRandomDude said:
wait what, now i'm confused, he is alive ?
But the chances of a new season is low, ecchi like DxD in this days would be painfull to make.

Oh i see now, it was a 1th april joke and i fell for it.
Jan 25, 2021 12:46 AM

Jun 2016
S5 if another studio.
S4 sucksss too much changes. I hate it.

Please no more just let this end here.

The world is cruel, ugly and pitiful. Let's watch anime and make it colorful
Jan 25, 2021 11:36 AM
Jan 2014
Luuji222 said:
S5 if another studio.

Fortunately, it's not up to you to decide. If season 5 will happen, it'll be with the same studio of 4.
Feb 9, 2021 9:40 AM
Aug 2019
Luuji222 said:
S5 if another studio.

Bruh, why do you guys hate so much the season 4 ? For me is the best one, including the art style.
I'm hopping for the same studio to animate DxD, the novel readers said that is the best adapted one as well.
Feb 10, 2021 1:35 PM
Feb 2021
I don't care what the animation is going to be like, I just want season 5
Feb 11, 2021 11:19 AM
Nov 2017
PlayerUzU said:
Luuji222 said:
S5 if another studio.

Bruh, why do you guys hate so much the season 4 ? For me is the best one, including the art style.
I'm hopping for the same studio to animate DxD, the novel readers said that is the best adapted one as well.

Bruh, are you really saying S4 was the best? Despite being the lowest rating of all seasons? It's true that S4 is good. I love all the seasons. It's true S3 has made some of LN readers furious but up until the changes in S3, TNK has done really great job. Everyone love how the studio portrayed the animation like vampire-like stories, everything were dim and mature vibe around Rias, Akeno and everyone else.

As S4, there was something wrong with the animation such as the character figures and surrounding such as around their faces but Asia didn't change significantly and the environment sometimes look moe (my opinion). At the very least, make it just like LN illustration instead. But of course, the story are great with Issei and Sairaorg duel in both training battle and rating game. Passione did a very great job to respond to fan. Even so, I love to see how TNK would get this done.

S5, yes yes! I love to see it getting adaptation. Tbh, I don't really care now which and what studio will Ishibumi-sensei refer to but, if I can make a choice. Instantly I will go with TNK!

Banzai Redo of Healer.
Faris_EminemFeb 11, 2021 11:35 AM
Feb 12, 2021 1:19 AM
Jan 2014
Faris_Eminem said:
PlayerUzU said:

Bruh, are you really saying S4 was the best? Despite being the lowest rating of all seasons? It's true that S4 is good. I love all the seasons. It's true S3 has made some of LN readers furious but up until the changes in S3, TNK has done really great job. Everyone love how the studio portrayed the animation like vampire-like stories, everything were dim and mature vibe around Rias, Akeno and everyone else.

As S4, there was something wrong with the animation such as the character figures and surrounding such as around their faces but Asia didn't change significantly and the environment sometimes look moe (my opinion). At the very least, make it just like LN illustration instead. But of course, the story are great with Issei and Sairaorg duel in both training battle and rating game. Passione did a very great job to respond to fan. Even so, I love to see how TNK would get this done.

S5, yes yes! I love to see it getting adaptation. Tbh, I don't really care now which and what studio will Ishibumi-sensei refer to but, if I can make a choice. Instantly I will go with TNK!

Banzai Redo of Healer.

Unfortunately, you never will get to "see this done" because TNK wasn't intend to go on for Season 4 onwards. They wanted to end the anime in Season 3 .
Feb 12, 2021 1:24 AM
Nov 2017
IsseiHyodo18 said:
Faris_Eminem said:

Banzai Redo of Healer.

Unfortunately, you never will get to "see this done" because TNK wasn't intend to go on for Season 4 onwards. They wanted to end the anime in Season 3 .

Ouh, they stated it themselves? Oh man! I really wish I get to see Gotou Junji-san's DxD-like artwork again. When I watched Redo of Healer, the art has changed significantly like the eyes and hair illustration. Likewise with Sin:Seven Deadly Sins, the art really didn't shows the similarity even with same animator. Mean I not satisfied with two latest Junji-san's art(in case for s:7ds is story-wise, because I'm not fond of shoujo-ai personally). Hope he can return for season 5.
Faris_EminemFeb 12, 2021 1:35 AM
Feb 12, 2021 2:16 AM
Jan 2014
Faris_Eminem said:
IsseiHyodo18 said:

Ouh, they stated it themselves? Oh man! I really wish I get to see Gotou Junji-san's DxD-like artwork again. When I watched Redo of Healer, the art has changed significantly like the eyes and hair illustration. Likewise with Sin:Seven Deadly Sins, the art really didn't shows the similarity even with same animator. Mean I not satisfied with two latest Junji-san's art(in case for s:7ds is story-wise, because I'm not fond of shoujo-ai personally). Hope he can return for season 5.

No, they didn't say that, but that's how it felt in the last episode when Issei and Rias kissed on the beach. A kiss that wasn't even supposed to happen until season 4.

Gotou Junji is okay, but unfortunately he's still working with Yanagisawa Tetsuya the shitty idiot director of Born in TNK.
Feb 23, 2021 5:02 PM

Aug 2014
IsseiHyodo18 said:
Luuji222 said:
S5 if another studio.

Fortunately, it's not up to you to decide. If season 5 will happen, it'll be with the same studio of 4.

Fortunately it's not up to you to decide either. This is the lowest rated of all the seasons for a reason.
Feb 24, 2021 1:42 AM
Jan 2014
sockerdricka said:
IsseiHyodo18 said:

Fortunately it's not up to you to decide either. This is the lowest rated of all the seasons for a reason.

Yeah, maybe. But as far as I know, in Japan they liked it and that's what matters to the author, studio, producers, etc...

Oh, and if your'e angry about the "changes", blame TNK AND their director, THE loving NTR idiot director that ruined DXD with HIS CHANGES that forced the author to go to another studio.
Feb 24, 2021 3:13 AM
Apr 2020
ToDyN said:
I don't care what the animation is going to be like, I just want season 5

THANK YOU I don't care if the artstyle is like season 4 I just want the anime to continue
Feb 24, 2021 12:17 PM

Aug 2014
IsseiHyodo18 said:
sockerdricka said:

Yeah, maybe. But as far as I know, in Japan they liked it and that's what matters to the author, studio, producers, etc...

Oh, and if your'e angry about the "changes", blame TNK AND their director, THE loving NTR idiot director that ruined DXD with HIS CHANGES that forced the author to go to another studio.

I'm not angry at the changes per se. I'm disappointed about them, yes, and disappointe about the outcome that is S4.
Also all the LN fans going on a crusade about S4 justice maybe made me go slightly mad.

Don't worry bro, I know of what you speak. I was looking through these forums as S4 aired, LN readers wouldn't DARE let ANYONE think anything else than TNK was the devil incarnate, the author was God almighty, and studio Passione was Jesus, the saviour of this franchise.

Aside from the few people that were "hating" from the start, alot of people that were obviously real longtime fans expressed worries about the changes and reservations about the new artstyle. They too were met with alot of real hate and disdain from LN readers, especially this one guy (of course LN reader) who kept watch of like every forum thread started. Every third reply would be from him in every forum thread, shitting on some poor fan being worried about their favourite show, telling them to shut up because TNK was trash, especially the director, and the new season was going to be "THE BEST EVER" since it was going to be _FAITHFUL TO THE LN_ !!!!!exclamationmarkexclamationmark

Yeah, here we are... everyone unhappy.

By the way to keep things clear and everything straight (to avoid unnecessary hate), I'm replying to and opposing your opinion, not you. I don't have anything against you.
If you liked the latest season I guess that's great for you. I (and many others) didnt, and LN haters made it even worse so I guess I'm kind of bitter but that has nothing to do with you personally.
sockerdrickaFeb 24, 2021 12:29 PM
Feb 26, 2021 7:57 PM
Jan 2019
I think there is a new season coming this year. Does anyone have any other information?
Mar 3, 2021 9:34 AM
Nov 2020
thetasteless said:
I think there is a new season coming this year. Does anyone have any other information?
Where did you get the news?
Apr 3, 2021 6:42 AM
Jul 2018
Maybe, the author said that if we want a season 5 we should buy the light novels or something on a twitter post. Don't quote me on this cause I'm confused myself.
Sep 24, 2021 5:35 AM
Aug 2021
I Hope There Will Be Season 5, Please Season 5
Jul 23, 2022 5:05 AM
Feb 2019
Good bro red dragon is awakening
Jul 29, 2022 10:03 AM
Jan 2022
I'm still waiting for S5 :(
Jul 31, 2022 1:25 AM
Dec 2011
I think, that the DxD Anime is pretty much Dead.
Sep 6, 2022 4:09 PM
Sep 2022
BugyPaddy said:

Apparently no funding so buy the LN, haven’t lost hope, one day ill become a millionare and fund the anime myself
Sep 19, 2022 9:06 AM
Jan 2021
Year 2022,September
Still no news on season 5 or a new project of HDXD as of now 😔.
Winning arguement with an Intelligent Person is Hard.
But argument with Dumb Person is impossible.
Oct 12, 2022 4:10 AM
Aug 2018
Hasn't anything been announced this October 2022? At the Fantasia Festival?
Oct 18, 2022 12:57 PM
Aug 2021
BruhHeem said:
BugyPaddy said:

Apparently no funding so buy the LN, haven’t lost hope, one day ill become a millionare and fund the anime myself

If i ever win the lottery I'm buying the whole DxD brand and make at least 5 extra seasons then end the story
Nov 15, 2022 7:43 AM
Mar 2022
Z3US_LW said:
BruhHeem said:

If i ever win the lottery I'm buying the whole DxD brand and make at least 5 extra seasons then end the story

I wish for the same thing man
Nov 24, 2022 12:58 PM

Mar 2021
From what I have noticed, if dxd was to return for a season 5, they probably would have announced it by now. 2022 is the 10th anniversary for the anime. So why would they miss a big marketing push.

Ishibumi no longer wants the old studio and fans are petitioning for it back. Dxd hero sold poorly so the reception was bad. Dxd lacks a gacha or some external help outside the publisher. If dxd would get a season 5, it will very likely sell more poorly than hero.

Also you have to be realistic. For a ln series to go beyond many cours is difficult and requires a ton of resources.
Nov 29, 2022 5:48 PM
Mar 2013
I want to believe. Don't believe in Ishibumi, believe in me that believes in Ishibumi.
Dec 22, 2023 10:24 AM

Jul 2021
years later still no news.

The end of an era. Thank you Wit, Mappa and Isayama.
Feeling half happy, half sad.

Kawaii waifus
and precious
  best girls <3333

Dec 29, 2023 8:07 AM
Sep 2012
I guess story ends on Hero then. This really sucks. I wish this could have more seasons. I recently thought about watching again all episodes because of nostalgia. Maybe I will even read LN it's such shame this will probably end here. Well new graphics for this anime was big let down for me but still I got used to it and would not mind it if we could get more seasons...
Jan 18, 4:08 PM
May 2019
What date will release the season 5

More topics from this board

Poll: » High School DxD Hero Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 8, 2018

99 by FedeMetal »»
Sep 13, 7:51 PM

» Season 5 Confirmed!!!

Hachii13 - May 3

42 by INoLuv »»
Sep 13, 7:32 PM

Poll: » High School DxD Hero Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 24, 2018

100 by FedeMetal »»
Aug 30, 11:44 AM

Poll: » High School DxD Hero Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 1, 2018

78 by Andr6969 »»
Jun 7, 6:41 PM

Poll: » Highschool DxD season 4 art style

DiamondBaka - Dec 7, 2020

27 by Oongbuh »»
Apr 23, 8:02 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.