Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Mar 27, 2019 7:38 PM

Dec 2013
This episode is another heartbreaking EP, I really feel sad when Ash's past is being flashback. He suffered a lot. Jennifer also seems to be a nice woman she she needs to die (sobs) but good to see his Dad still cares for him

★━━─
𝘏𝘰𝘸 𝘤𝘢𝘯 𝘐 𝘣𝘳𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘱𝘦𝘢𝘤𝘦 𝘵𝘰 𝘮𝘺 𝘩𝘦𝘢𝘳𝘵?
𝘞𝘩𝘦𝘯 𝘐 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘬 𝘢𝘣𝘰𝘶𝘵 𝘪𝘵 𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘺 𝘥𝘢𝘺?

May 27, 2019 9:44 PM

Apr 2016
Emotionally, this episode left an impact on me. I'm taking a course now about violence and family. I'm reminded of my professor talking about the focus, and especially, the blame going to the victim. A major reason why so many people do not report on abuse is because of the fear that people won't believe them, and/or they don't have faith in the justice system because it heavily relies on physical evidence. (Physical evidence isn't always present, like if the victim was too shocked and/or afraid to fight back. Some people know they'll get severely beaten or even killed if they fight back, so they don't and hope it all ends :/)

So, it's incredibly horrible and cruel that the police did not believe Ash, despite how bruised he was, and his clothes were ruined @____@ Why would a seven-year-old ever lie about the sexual and physical abuse they experienced?? Since the police did not believe Ash, I see why Jim told his son to accept the sexual abuse but to at least get paid for it. And thank goodness Ash killed that "Bluebeard of Cape Cod," but Ash was only eight years old :((

Maybe Jim speaks to Ash as a sex worker and wants Ash to leave, for Ash's sake too? After all, Jim sent his son to his little sister's house, so Ash could get away from the community gossip after Ash murdered that rapist.

Poor Jennifer shouldn't have died.... ;------; Jennifer did nothing wrong, and she was caring towards Ash. And she didn't deserve the verbal abuse Jim was giving her too.

I'm happy to see that our main crew are finally in LA! :) And knowing that this series was completed in the 1990s, I'm impressed by the animation team's thoughtfulness, like having Ash pull out an iPhone and searching the Internet. There were lots of lights in LA too.

It's nice to see Ash teaching Eiji how to shoot. My country also doesn't allow people to carry guns for self-defence, so I wouldn't know how to hold a gun just like Eiji xD

Ideally, I'd like Ash to eventually live a normal, peaceful life... It's not fair that he experienced so much violence growing up, and he learned to protect himself (like holding a gun) because no one else would :/

Now, Dino agreed to give Mr. Lee a portion of a heroine market in Europe. We'll probably meet Yut Lung, one of Mr. Lee's workers, next episode...

I love that fluffy moment at the beginning of the episode when Max kept singing a phrase of a song on repeat (he couldn't remember the rest lol), and then we have Eiji, Ibe, and Shorter asleep in the back of the truck :P
May 30, 2019 7:32 AM

Oct 2010
Textbook definition of victim blaming, and how close it is still in our society. A terrible father is what Ash's dad was, glad he wasn't making things worse in the end though.

I'm still at dark about where this show is heading, and the anticipation is rather exciting.
Jun 17, 2019 4:44 AM

Mar 2012
Yea just tell your son to keep getting fucked in the ass, by the fucker who raped him too, as long as the guy pays him.

What the fuck even is this shit.
Aug 16, 2019 7:26 PM

Aug 2007
Eiji getting scared from a rat... so cute.

Also damn. No one seems safe in this anime. Side character wise, at least.
LycanAug 16, 2019 7:41 PM

Aug 23, 2019 2:16 PM

May 2010
Man, Ash's father was kinda fucked up, what kind of support towards his son is that supposed to be, lol. His "redemption" and sudden bonding time felt forced. He's so cold, even after Jennifer died he barely reacted :|

Other than that I did enjoy this ep quite a lot. Can't wait for Ash and Eiji to form stronger relationship!
Sep 15, 2019 1:09 AM
Dec 2017
The father knows his son being molested. And tells the son to just let the molester have his way and make sure he pays in the end. I had to watch this scene twice just to make sure read the subtitles correctly. WTF.

Maybe this part wasn't translated correctly. WTF. On to episode 7.
Sep 18, 2019 5:45 AM

Mar 2015
Poor Jennifer, I feel so bad for her
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Nov 9, 2020 4:09 PM
Aug 2020
poor Ash T-T his life was fucked since he was a kid :( i just wanna give him a hug :'(
Nov 18, 2020 3:52 AM

Jul 2020
the father was kinda of a shit father for just telling ash to get raped but ask for pay afterwards. I'm glad ash killed the rapist
Jan 13, 2021 8:28 PM
Oct 2019
That reunion was kind of rough. Ash's past even worse. Man, to somehow survive all of the shit he's been through in his life. Kind of nice to see the father take some responsibility for things, though, and perhaps he and Ash have the opportunity to restart their relationship.

I feel bad for Jennifer though. She was totally innocent, maybe the only innocent one in that entire diner.

Every episode has been good. A very good and consistently good show thus far.
Mar 13, 2021 11:50 PM

Jun 2020
Eiji is right.....after all Ash has been through, he’s still not broken, he still shows kindness to others who may be hostile towards him like sparing their lives. Poor Ash, what a dark childhood he had. What a trashy dad???? At least he bothered to cover up for his son & gave him his blessing. Poor Jennifer, she was so kind. RIP ㅠㅡㅠ

Can’t get attached to these characters. Someone always dies.

I teared up when Ash was running away & hopping on the truck. Damn it! Someone give him a break already.

but i’ll probably remember over and over again
you were there and everyone else was there
— the day we all searched for just one thing

Apr 5, 2021 5:07 PM
Mar 2021
Ash's backstory was heartbreaking
Apr 10, 2021 11:43 PM

Jan 2021
"Yes. I will assign Yut Lung to personally attend to it."

WHEEZES HE'S COMING
CalmTeaTimeJan 8, 2022 2:39 PM
Aug 8, 2021 7:41 PM
Feb 2020
It's a really good episode, a closure for Linx and his tormented childhood
Dec 18, 2021 9:40 AM
Nov 2020
I wasn't expecting someone to get killed this episode. ..
Nov 6, 2022 6:01 AM
Oct 2019
back to Ash hometown...

Bruhh more of Ash tragic backstory.

RIP good girl Jennifer.
Nov 6, 2022 4:18 PM
Sep 2020
This ep was alright !

Seeing Ask and his father unite did not go as I expected. I am glad they were able to work through the difficulties a bit at the end. Ash's backstory keeps on getting sadder and sadder :(.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ᨐᵉᵒʷ ⋆˙⟡ ✿
Feb 8, 2023 11:58 PM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
Damn, not Jennifer, she definitely didn't deserve to die. At least from this whole situation, Ash was more or less able to reconcile with his father. 

Speaking of Ash, wow what a character. To go what he has gone through (it seems like every episode we are given more insight into how hard his past was), would break almost anybody. But it all just made this guy even stronger. 

NYANPASU
5700XT

Feb 14, 2023 12:06 AM

Dec 2020
Oh come on

I didn't want her to die :(
Jun 26, 2023 7:02 AM

Jan 2017
Sucks how jennifer had to die like that. It should have been this piece of shit dad instead.

Seriously, there's no good reason for him to act this hostile towards ash and the rest. I actually read some parts in the manga to see if i misinterprated him or if the anime did a bad job af adapting it, but nope, he's just being an (homophobic) ass.
Sep 2, 2023 1:27 PM
Jul 2018
that shit was intense. I'm glad ash and his father kinda made up
Sep 6, 2023 7:53 PM
Des31

Oct 2020
Feels bad for Jennifer she died very early, why tf Eiji so moron can't he see the situation
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Banana Fish Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 4, 2018

120 by tenmeis »»
8 hours ago

Poll: » Banana Fish Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 20, 2018

350 by Rabbit_holes »»
Jun 5, 12:30 PM

Poll: » Banana Fish Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 16, 2018

88 by tenmeis »»
May 10, 4:11 AM

Poll: » Banana Fish Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

TheFreycook - Aug 8, 2018

67 by bubba460z »»
May 5, 4:10 PM

» Any differences?

Mangahater - Apr 27

10 by MickeyMinaj »»
Apr 29, 2:09 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.